** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

World Championships (inc Qualifiers)

Fader

31 minutes ago, Fader said:

Stevens just hit 99 and only needed the pink which he decided to BLAST and miss. UGHHH! add that to Un-Nooh who missed a stupid ball too. I get the feeling that was the chance for Stevens to get the 2nd century. Although I do feel like Stevens is the likelist winner right now. 99!!!!!

Unlucky. There's still frames though for Stevens to get that second ton.

Vafaei's head has fallen off. Not surprising as this is one of the worst mini- sessions I've ever seen from a top player which he undoubtedly is. If Trump does go 4-0 up as looks likely, I reckon that's the worst he's ever played to get a 4-0 lead.

6-3 Trump which is about the best that Vafaei could have expected after such a poor start. For me his ship has sailed in this match and Trump can count himself very lucky that he's facing a player without experience of these surroundings. He's looked there for the taking and there's plenty of players Trump could have drawn that would have taken full advantage.

26 minutes ago, Torque said:

6-3 Trump which is about the best that Vafaei could have expected after such a poor start. For me his ship has sailed in this match and Trump can count himself very lucky that he's facing a player without experience of these surroundings. He's looked there for the taking and there's plenty of players Trump could have drawn that would have taken full advantage.

Pretty much. He’s bottled it big time. Some crazy people even saying Vafaei could win the event and it’s looked to have got to him this session. 

can only hope he comes out in the next just going for things. 

On 4/15/2022 at 11:20 AM, Fader said:

Day 1 on Saturday. Here is the line up :

Selby Vs Jones
Xintong Vs Clarke
Hawkins Vs Page
O'Sullivan Vs Gilbert
Murphy Vs Maguire

Interested to see the Murphy/Maguire match to see where Murphy is at. I'll take Ronnie to hit 3+ centuries against Gilbert. I watched Gilbert in a couple of his matches in qualification and he gave chances and I think Ronnie is hitting some form. He has a great chance in this event and he's got a nice draw. I think all the favourites win tomorrow. 

4pts Ronnie to hit 3+ centuries against Gilbert 9/4 paddypower
2pts McGill, Williams, Bingham and K.Wilson all to win 3/1 paddypower

3/1 comes in. Bit of a long wait but it's came in :D 

I really think this could be Kyrens year.

4 hours ago, Robaldo said:

Wilson should recover tonight, right guys?

easily had the hardest first round match. Wouldn't mind a Williams/Wilson semi-final. I just hope that if he gets to it, he doesn't bottle it again, against Trump. Something he loves to do.

Hossein has been awful today, 6-3 is very fortunate. Matthew probably should have won, still can't believe that pink he blasted! Looks like only 3 qualies will progress if Noppon beats Luca which looks very likely unless he collapses tomorrow. Ding should probably have won too as practically all the stats were in his favour. He's got a tough one against the often underestimated Bingham though. It would be nice to have a new name on the trophy this year but I just don't see that happening.

Williams takes on Page in his Last 16 match, at 1pm. Along with the conclusion of Brecel/Saengkham. I'm not too interested in the Brecel match and I just wish I bet on Saengkham but I do think Williams wins and probably with a few frames to spare. Williams and Page are very close friends and you'd think that it may mean that Williams goes alittle easier on him but when they played 2 years ago at the Scottish Open, Williams won 4-1.

Page hit 3 centuries against Hawkins and Williams hit 4 against White. You would have to say that "Both players to hit 2 centuries" at 6/1 looks a spot of value.  I'll even throw in a punt for 5 at 9/2 as Williams could easily get 4-5 here on his own. Remember it's now a "first to 13" match.

3pts Both players to hit 2+ centuries (Williams Vs Page) 6/1 paddypower
2pts 5+ match centuries 9/2 paddypower

2 hours ago, Fader said:

Page hit 3 centuries against Hawkins and Williams hit 4 against White. You would have to say that "Both players to hit 2 centuries" at 6/1 looks a spot of value.  I'll even throw in a punt for 5 at 9/2 as Williams could easily get 4-5 here on his own. Remember it's now a "first to 13" match.

I've had a buy of total centuries at 3.1 with SPIN (as high as 3.45 elsewhere). Ton-ups (total points in a break >100) can be bought at 49 but that's a bit more volatile (6 breaks all just over 100 could still make for a loss). Hopefully you're envisaged ton-fest materialises!

fingers crossed. 

I wish they would put on the timings for the matches 1.30/10.30/7.30 whatever it may be. It says that the match starts 1pm and now ten past, players not even out yet. It's annoying.

moan over lol

15 minutes ago, charliepie said:

Very one-sided so far, I thought Mark would've let him have 2 frames at least:-) Luca was so bad, wish I'd had more on Noppon! Trump's found his long game so it's curtains for Vafaei.

Yeah Vafaei's got no chance. Keeps leaving Trump long starters off the break and now Trump's getting them - although Trump was missing those at the start of the match and still went 3-0 ahead. Vafaei has been really disappointing and it's hard not to conclude he's just bottled it. He's missed so many shots he shouldn't miss, gone in off more times than I can remember and even managed to miscue which is pretty embarrassing - second best in all departments and that's against a player who's playing well below their best as well.

This match will likely be a close one. I can't see anybody winning any better than 13-7.  If Allen is to win this match then he would need a good start. If Ronnie wins the first session then it's likely curtains. I'll take Allen to win the first session as I don't want to wait until tomorrow for a cashout and Allens price is better on the 1st session win.

2.5pts Allen to win the 1st session - 13/5 paddypower

Selby takes on Bingtao this afternoon and I'm going to take a punt on Bingtao. I thought Wakelin played really well against Bingtao in the first session but despite Bingtao not scoring heavy, he scored consistently and I think if he gets ahead against Selby then he could come out the other end as the winner.

He has won the last 3 head-to-heads against Selby and that shows you he isn't scared of Mark. Selby has beaten Jones 10-7 when Jones hasn't turned up atall. 4 50+ breaks isn't enough at this standard, with a top break of 60. I can see Bingtao winning.

I could look very silly here taking him on the handicap, too. Follow at your own risk.

4pts Bingtao to beat Selby 5/4 paddypower
2pts Bingtao (-2.5 frames) to beat Selby 9/4 paddypower
2pts Bingtao to have 10+ 50+ breaks 3/1 paddypower

30 minutes ago, Stephen1993 said:

Who wins between Xintong and Maguire lads ???

pre match I thought Xintong. I'm actually quite tempted on Xintong.

scratch that. He's somehow the same price as Maguire even though he's 2 frames down :\