** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

World Championships (inc Qualifiers)

Fader

It's always struck me as laughable how they still stick to the same ridiculous system for replacing balls after a foul/miss where the two refs have to verbally communicate the positions of the balls. Isn't it so blatantly obvious that the job would be so much easier if thay just used a tablet device as it is purely a visual process without the need for the verbal to and froing(which also disturbs the players on the other table! The technology has existed for years, it's just so mind-numbingly frustrating!

Rant over now! Judd should get past Ant fairly easily. Yan should also be 10-6 up but I'll take any lead I suppose. Robbo wins easily too but I'm hoping Noppon beats John, the new father effect perhaps?

Judd Trump after his win over Vafaei : "I think my cue action is one of the worst on tour".

That's a rather shocking statement by Judd, wow. Worst? He could have said "unorthodox". Personally I won't be surprised if he wins his Quarter or even reach the final. We all know he's out of form and perhaps he's feeling mentally drained, but he certainly possesses all the skills required to taste the glory of ultimate success at the Crucible again. 

2 minutes ago, Foo_Fighter said:

Judd Trump after his win over Vafaei : "I think my cue action is one of the worst on tour".

That's a rather shocking statement by Judd, wow. Worst? He could have said "unorthodox". Personally I won't be surprised if he wins his Quarter or even reach the final. We all know he's out of form and perhaps he's feeling mentally drained, but he certainly possesses all the skills required to taste the glory of ultimate success at the Crucible again. 

I can't see it personally. It's very difficult to win the world title in anything if you're lacking in confidence. 

On 4/22/2022 at 12:25 PM, Fader said:

Selby takes on Bingtao this afternoon and I'm going to take a punt on Bingtao. I thought Wakelin played really well against Bingtao in the first session but despite Bingtao not scoring heavy, he scored consistently and I think if he gets ahead against Selby then he could come out the other end as the winner.

He has won the last 3 head-to-heads against Selby and that shows you he isn't scared of Mark. Selby has beaten Jones 10-7 when Jones hasn't turned up atall. 4 50+ breaks isn't enough at this standard, with a top break of 60. I can see Bingtao winning.

I could look very silly here taking him on the handicap, too. Follow at your own risk.

4pts Bingtao to beat Selby 5/4 paddypower
2pts Bingtao (-2.5 frames) to beat Selby 9/4 paddypower
2pts Bingtao to have 10+ 50+ breaks 3/1 paddypower

Handicap aswell. Nice one Yan.

Excellent result for us there! One of those rare matches where Selby was ahead on every stat except the frame score.

Judd is all over the place but I think he will beat Ant but as you say not the cert I thought it was going to be. He may even win his 1/4 final but no way can he win the title surely?! ?

lol, would highlight the quality around him, too. I’m going for one in the morning and it’s Kyren Wilson on the handicap to beat Bingham. 

I’m still not convinced that Bingham is in form right now and luckily for him, he had Haotian in the first round. Huge gulf of quality in difference here and Wilson came through a real hard test, in Ding. 

4pts K.Wilson (-2.5 frames) to beat Bingham evens paddypower 

Judd's done well to be 10-6 up, Ant has probably blown his big chance of another good run.

Jack might rue not being 10-6 up too, he probably would lose from there anyway as his head just can't cope when it gets near the finishing line. Robbo still wins this one for me!

Kyren was shocking this morning but only 2 frames adrift. Noppon not scoring but lucked his way to a 4-4 session.

8 hours ago, charliepie said:

Ooh, you're a lucky chap, Ballrun could have been 10-6 up but it's nicely balanced at 8-8. Shame Kyren bottled the 147 attempt, I think someone might hit one this year, pockets are playing fairly generously.

Disagree with all this lucky talk. Ballrun lived up to his name multiple times.

Lisowski about to go 10-7. I wouldn't have expected that before the match started, but Robertson has missed a lot. You'd think Lisowski should win from here, but then Robertson does love a comeback. I'll stick my neck out now though and say I think Lisowksi takes this. Robertson can't carry on overturning deficits and his form here in recent years is poor, he's complained about the two-table set-up previously - although he's said he's over that now - but the excuses for losing are there. Lisowski has played well and just needs to keep it up which is a tough ask but I reckon this time he converts a lead into a win in a big match at a big tournament.

Edited by Torque

After that last frame I've changed my mind :lol

Should have been 11-7 but Lisowski missed a black he shouldn't have missed and then butchered an easy safety to hand Robertson the frame. Robertson in now as well so probably 10-9 Lisowski coming up and from there I'd say Lisowski has no chance.

Edited by Torque

Credit where it's due. As scrappy as that final frame was, Lisowski gets over the line. Much harder for him to have done it than for Robertson. So strange to see Robertson miss so much at crucial times after the amount of times he's been sublime when chasing deficits this season - particularly against Higgins when he was 8-3 down in a best of 19 IIRC.

Delighted he's finally won a big match against the tournament fave. Hope he can keep it going against John. I'm rooting for a Mark/Ronnie final but would be magic to have Judd vs Jack however fantastical that idea might be! We'll probably end up with a Yan/Maguire final?

2 hours ago, charliepie said:

Delighted he's finally won a big match against the tournament fave. Hope he can keep it going against John. I'm rooting for a Mark/Ronnie final but would be magic to have Judd vs Jack however fantastical that idea might be! We'll probably end up with a Yan/Maguire final?

Yan vs Ronnie final ?

14 hours ago, Foo_Fighter said:

It's hard to imagine Neil Robertson getting eliminated by Lisowski...I suspect a nice comeback win. Do you? @charliepie @Fader @Torque

Have to admit, I am quite suprised. If you said to me a deciding frame, who wins? I would say like 80% Robbo but I don't know what it is, but Robertson just doesn't have the same aura here. It's so odd.

I'm interested to see if Williams keeps his level up because if he does then he makes the final, surely? If Bingham plays as good as he did, in spells, against Wilson then he should be able to beat Trump, too. I think Higgins beats Lisowski. No value in the bet but it's evens that he wins the first session and so I'll have some of that.

4pts Higgins to win first session against Lisowski evens paddypower
1pt treble - Higgins first session, Bingham and Williams 10/1 paddypower

I'll go for centuries again in the WIlliams/Bingtao match. Williams hit 6 against Page and 4 against White and that's dropping just 3 frames in each match. He has a higher level against him today. Bingtao hit 3 himself against Selby and 2 against Wakelin. You would have to expect them to have 3 each.

4pts Williams to make 4+ centuries 5/2 paddypower
2pts Both players to make 3+ centuries 11/2 paddypower