Tennis Tips - March 21 - March 27

9 minutes ago, neilovan said:

No, that person is always nitpicking!

That might be true but even a 'nitpicker' doesn't always have to 'nitpick' and can be genuinely unsure. You said English isn't your first language. Perhaps it isn't the first language of @LOVETENNIS as well which might be another explanation of the confusion.

18 minutes ago, neilovan said:

Losing in a previous tournament as a 1st round favorite and 1st match in a new country are definitely correlated to win rate.

Is that saying that Khachanov was more likely to lose as a result of the above factors? Also you wrote the above after tagging what I'd written about how the match went. I'm not sure what the connection is between those two things.

1 hour ago, neilovan said:

Lol, sometimes I make mistakes. English is not my 1st language (or 2nd either).

Probably means 'win over' , but not that difficult to figure out.  As for a few typo's what can I say. Use some common sense if possible?

For those that got confused by Alacaraz, I didn't mean Shapavalov. 

I feel sorry for you...

I just thought Martinez played Garin & Alcaraz played Fucsovics and not Giron & Cilic..

Ps. Neilovan, im not nitpicking, just thinking it was wrong players, thats normally an important thing in a tennis match..... But maybe im blind and out of line, seing wrong players my self.. Sorry, but to me they play/ed two other players

Edited by LOVETENNIS

53 minutes ago, Torque said:

That might be true but even a 'nitpicker' doesn't always have to 'nitpick' and can be genuinely unsure. You said English isn't your first language. Perhaps it isn't the first language of @LOVETENNIS as well which might be another explanation of the confusion.

have tried to explain in a quote to Neilvolan now...

8 minutes ago, LOVETENNIS said:

have tried to explain in a quote to Neilvolan now...

Sorry, my bad, I apologise. Not quite sure hw I got the opponents wrong? . I did mean the Alcaraz, Fritz and Brooksby to win.  I think I have too much ?going on. Managed to break a 55 inch TV and it has annoyed me no end. Was watching tennis at 5am this morning, which probably doesn't help either.

Edited by neilovan

1 hour ago, Torque said:

Is that saying that Khachanov was more likely to lose as a result of the above factors? Also you wrote the above after tagging what I'd written about how the match went. I'm not sure what the connection is between those two things.

It's much easier for an American to feel at home all over the USA. Most of it looks and feels very similar. The same stores, over and over and over again. Starbucks, chick-Fil-A, Gap, Marriott, Hyatt, Walmart, Target,  Macy's, 7-eleven, Nordstrom etc etc. It provides a comfort-blanket for most US players. 

When they come to Europe it's a mission. Need visa's, don't speak the languages etc. This feeling of being in a strange, unknown country adds stress. When the European clay court season starts, the advantage is definitely with the European players. They know the conditions, most speak multiple languages. They feel more at home, and are generally better travelers.

So players sometimes take a chance and show up very late for a tournament on the other side of the world. Nobody really wants to sit around a week in advance and be practicing away from home. So that first match after travel, especially long travel, with time zones, puts the traveler in a compromised, weaker position, especially when they are playing a local or semi local player (who has perhaps travelled a few hours, and not 15).

So the 1st match a traveler plays is their 'red-zone', where the chance of them losing is not reflected accurately in the odds. FOr example , Bencic plays badly 1st match at Indian Wells , but will go much deeper in Miami as she acclimates, Another example would be Lloyd Harris, who showed up for the Aussie open, didn't play a warm up tournament, played well below his ability,  and got knocked out 1st round by an Aussie.

Edited by neilovan

1 minute ago, neilovan said:

I just wish there was a mute button, to turn the commentary off but leave the umpire mic and the audience noise.

Agree. Trouble is there's lots of recreational viewers and they probably appreciate the commentary.

On 3/26/2022 at 12:11 PM, neilovan said:

Tommy Paul over Khachanov.  .

Someone who is playing very well is Pedro Martinez.  

I would be betting against almost all the time is Karatsev.  

My feeling is that Shapavalov get's beaten by Harris.  

My last upset is Kecmnovic to beat Auger Aliasimme

Brooksyby over Basilasvili and Fritz over Kukushkin, and Alcaraz over CIlic just a low priced treble for me.

What an excellent day. Just Karatsev spoiling the party against a poor Humbert. Sunday's matches look poor. WOn't be betting matches at 1.6 to 10 and lower, so it only leaves 4 men's matches. Sinner v Carreno-busta is a very good match up for Sinner. Similar playing styles, both baseliners. Sinner to win relatively easily here.

I think Zverev will have big problems with McDonald. Not playing great, had one match and out at Indian Wells, and a difficult 3 setter in 1st match here. He's not playing well. 

Not really crazy about any of the woman's matches. I think Kudermetova wins, and would be taking a Haddad Maia to beat Kalinina.  She played very well against Sakkari, and Kalinina is nowhere near as good. 

Edited by neilovan

21 hours ago, neilovan said:

Tommy Paul over Khachanov. Khachanov ran into a buzz saw in Brooksby in Indian Wells. Probably one of his worst matches and beatings in a while. So it's been 2 weeks waiting for his next competitive match. It's a lot of sitting around, practice and killing time, and it's not great for a pro .  Tommy Paul on a pretty decent run in 2022. Won 11 of last 17 matches and getting past the 1st match in each of his last 6 tournaments. Khachanov may just come out a little flat here and get blasted away by a home , crowd favorite.

Someone who is playing very well is Pedro Martinez. I dunno when, but I saw on TV in an indoor last (somewhere in Europe), and he looked so good. Great movement, and rock solid striking. Perfect matchup for with Giron's grinder style.

I would be betting against all the time is Karatsev. Had a crazy last year, but I think he has overplayed, and opponents are figuring out. Only is that Humbert, is on a stinker of a run. Will still back Humbert, but just 1/2 of an small stake. Maybe games over 22.5

My feeling is that Shapavalov get's beaten by Harris. Harris is a decent player. Had a terrible start to 2022, but you don't forget how to play in a couple of . I just don't like Shapa's 1 handed swinging backhand. Looks good, but when it goes off, there is no quick fix. At some stage the real Harris will show up, and he will be hard tobeat behind a tricky serve.

My last upset is Kecmnovic to beat Auger Aliasimme. I just don't rate Felix. Look, he's a fantastic player, but he seems like a male version of Camilia Giorgi to me. Has , but a little one dimensional, and wants to hit the cover off . Zverev and Auger-Aliasimme very similar to me. Look good, but are not great thinkers on . Kecmanovic, only 22, is a very good player. Had a great Indian Wells beating Broady,Cilic, van de Zandschulp and Berrettini, losing in 3 to eventual winner (Fritz).

Brooksyby over Basilasvili and Fritz over Kukushkin, and Alcaraz over CIlic just a low priced treble for me.

beautifull predictions. I had korda and de minaur, pitty I haven t seen this comment last night

22 hours ago, neilovan said:

Tommy Paul over Khachanov. Khachanov ran into a buzz saw in Brooksby in Indian Wells. Probably one of his worst matches and beatings in a while. So it's been almost 2 weeks waiting for his next competitive match. It's a lot of sitting around, practice and killing time, and it's not great for a pro athlete.  Tommy Paul on a pretty decent run in 2022. Won 11 of last 17 matches and getting past the 1st match in each of his last 6 tournaments. Khachanov may just come out a little flat here and get blasted away by a home boy, crowd favorite.

Someone who is playing very well is Pedro Martinez. I dunno when, but I saw him on TV in an indoor event last year (somewhere in Europe), and he looked so good. Great movement, and rock solid ball striking. Perfect matchup for him with Giron's grinder style.

I would be betting against almost all the time is Karatsev. Had a crazy year last year, but I think he has overplayed, and opponents are figuring him out. Only problem is that Humbert, is on a stinker of a run. Will still back Humbert, but just 1/2 of an already small stake. Maybe games over 22.5

My feeling is that Shapavalov get's beaten by Harris. Harris is actually a decent player. Had a terrible start to 2022, but you don't forget how to play in a couple of months. I just don't like Shapa's 1 handed huge swinging backhand. Looks good, but when it goes off, there is no quick fix. At some stage the real Harris will show up, and he will be hard tobeat behind a really tricky serve.

My last upset is Kecmnovic to beat Auger Aliasimme. I just don't rate Felix. Look, he's a fantastic player, but he seems like a male version of Camilia Giorgi to me. Has talent, but a little one dimensional, and wants to hit the cover off the ball. Zverev and Auger-Aliasimme very similar to me. Look good, but are not great thinkers on the court. Kecmanovic, only 22, is a very good player. Had a great Indian Wells beating Broady,Cilic, van de Zandschulp and Berrettini, losing in 3 to eventual tournament winner (Fritz).

Thank you very much for your predictions, got Kecmanovic at 2.90 for a beautiful win. The day before yesterday, if Bouzkova had won one set I would have cashed in 600£ :(. Thanks again for the beautiful tip.

2 hours ago, neilovan said:

What an excellent day. Just Karatsev spoiling the party against a poor Humbert. Sunday's matches look poor. WOn't be betting matches at 1.6 to 10 and lower, so it only leaves 4 men's matches. Sinner v Carreno-busta is a very good match up for Sinner. Similar playing styles, both baseliners. Sinner to win relatively easily here.

I think Zverev will have big problems with McDonald. Not playing great, had one match and out at Indian Wells, and a difficult 3 setter in 1st match here. He's not playing well. Rublev beat McDonald in Feb, in Dubai, but things will be more in the American's favor here. He is at home, and will also want a much better showing than a 2-6 6-3 6-1 match. 

Not really crazy about any of the woman's matches. I think Kudermetova wins, and would be taking a Haddad Maia to beat Kalinina.  She played very well against Sakkari, and Kalinina is nowhere near as good. 

you sure about that sinner busta prediction ? busta beat sinner in 2020 in rotterdam and sinner BARELY beat ruusovori with some luck..don t think it's gonna be that easy for yannick

9 minutes ago, raduvlad1995 said:

you sure about that sinner busta prediction ? busta beat sinner in 2020 in rotterdam and sinner BARELY beat ruusovori with some luck..don t think it's gonna be that easy for yannick

I somehow agree with you. Carreno-Busta passed easily on Goffin and Sinner struggled with Rusuuvori. 

1 hour ago, andrei senna said:

I somehow agree with you. Carreno-Busta passed easily on Goffin and Sinner struggled with Rusuuvori. 

goffin win is not realy meaningfull since david is a shadow of himself, but the thing is that sinner ain t at his best either and his serve is vulnerable against a returner like busta.

10 minutes ago, raduvlad1995 said:

goffin win is not realy meaningfull since david is a shadow of himself, but the thing is that sinner ain t at his best either and his serve is vulnerable against a returner like busta.

Busta for me is not hitting the ball hard. The only thing against Sinner is that he can be overpowered, but I really don't think Busta has the power to do it. Also, he is not in great form, because he should not be losing to Munar, Giron and Fognini.

2 hours ago, andrei senna said:

Thank you very much for your predictions, got Kecmanovic at 2.90 for a beautiful win. The day before yesterday, if Bouzkova had won one set I would have cashed in 600£ :(. Thanks again for the beautiful tip.

I'm glad you won. Hopefully we can repeat it today.

22 minutes ago, neilovan said:

Busta for me is not hitting hard. The only thing against Sinner is that he can be overpowered, but I don't think Busta has the power to do it. Also, he is not in great form, because he should not be losing to Munar, Giron and Fognini.

neither is sinner in great form as I said.. sinner won t win may free points on serve either. We ll see, I understand and see your point but I just see it differently.

Okay so I decided to go with the Czech wonderkid today. Watched how she beat Mertens and I really liked her attacking mentality and the set of skills she possesses. She's almost 17 which is ridiculous lol. I see tremendous potential on this girl, let's hope the fruition will come in the (near) future for her. 

Linda Fruhvirtova (+1.5 sets) to beat Vika at 2.2 with bet365

1 hour ago, Foo_Fighter said:

Okay so I decided to go with the Czech wonderkid today. Watched how she beat Mertens and I really liked her attacking mentality and the set of skills she possesses. She's almost 17 which is ridiculous lol. I see tremendous potential on this girl, let's hope the fruition will come in the (near) future for her. 

Linda Fruhvirtova (+1.5 sets) to beat Vika at 2.2 with bet365

And Azarenka quits. Why doesn't she just go through the last 3 games. Only takes 5 minutes?