** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

2022 Golf Tips

Xtc12

Going to do my best to keep this going for the year. (will probably last a week) :) 

Will bet on 5 players in each tournament all 1 Pt E/W. 

Will attempt to keep an update on the European Tour, PGA tour and an overall

All bets will be with Boylesports using their BoyleXtra moneyback Free Bet

I know the tournament has started but here are my first picks

Viktor Hovland 12\1

Sam Burns 16\1 

Hideki Matsuyama  20\1

Sungiae Im  22\1 

Talor Gooch  25\1 

1/5 odds 1-6

Moneyback if your selection finishes 2nd, 3rd or 4th including ties

Just seen thiis. To be fair Xtc12, Golf betting is super tough so fair play for having a go.

Love watching Steve Palmer's Sweetspot podcasts. Entertaining and definitely shows the ups and downs of the life of a golf punter.

I mainly play the free to play Pga Tour Fantasy Golf game.

Though in inspiration of your efforts i am going to track a two player win only bet strategy for the PGA tour year.

Here goes.....

All prices quoted are Bet365 and all selections 1pt Win.

SONY OPEN IN HAWAII

Cameron Smith 10/1

Harris English 35/1

Outright tips from a profitable tipster that I'm trialling (but, to be honest, tending not to get round to even looking at the emails most weeks)

Na, Gooch, Jaeger, Sabbatini, Higgs and Svensson (Jaeger and Sabbatini also liked for top European)

As I noticed them, the Odds Checker selections are Kisner, Horschel, Dahmen, Kuchar and Johnson

No actual bets for me but good luck with yours.

14 hours ago, Xtc12 said:

Sony Open 1/5 1 - 10 (Money Back as a free Bet if your selection comes 2nd, 3rd or 4th including ties) 1 Pt E/W

Cameron Smith @ 8\1 

Sungiae Im @ 12\1 

Hideki Matsuyama @ 12\1 

Talor Gooch @ 25\1 

Jason Kokrak @ 33\1 

I may have missed that, but what site is the moneyback offer? I do a lot of horse offers and this would be pretty cool if it was quite regular. 

BS not my favourite bookie (long been “max stake = 0” for me) but they are notorious for offering poor value on golf, slightly better place terms but hardly ever best or joint best price about a single player. Whether the occasional free bet would make up for worse prices I don’t know, but I suspect it would be easier to make golf bets pay if you shopped around. 

On 1/13/2022 at 8:13 PM, harry_rag said:

BS not my favourite bookie (long been “max stake = 0” for me) but they are notorious for offering poor value on golf, slightly better place terms but hardly ever best or joint best price about a single player. Whether the occasional free bet would make up for worse prices I don’t know, but I suspect it would be easier to make golf bets pay if you shopped around. 

@harry_rag "If " we make a profit we know better for next year to shop around :unsure  

Three out of the 5 made the cut and are sitting 6,7 & 8 shots behind the leader, all within two shots of the Top 10.

4 hours ago, MinellaWorksop said:

Henley and Matsuyama looking poised in prime position going into the final round. Both mentioned on here, so best of luck to @Xtc12 @fd1972uk respectively.

It looked far better a couple of days ago, its my Dads bet, so Im really hoping it comes off for him. I do confess before yesterday's play I put on some small bets as Henley was 7/5 and Matsuyama was still 12s, so I put a couple of quid on him, Kuchar (14s) and Li (20s).

On 1/12/2022 at 10:09 PM, Xtc12 said:

Sony Open 1/5 1 - 10 (Money Back as a free Bet if your selection comes 2nd, 3rd or 4th including ties) 1 Pt E/W

Cameron Smith @ 8\1 - MC

Sungiae Im @ 12\1 -  MC

Hideki Matsuyama @ 12\1 -  1st

Talor Gooch @ 25\1 - T27

Jason Kokrak @ 33\1 - T17

Matsuyama returns £16.40 :)

Well done @Xtc12 can only hope your dad @fd1972uk did Henley each way. Matsuyama's determination and confidence has definitely improved massively after his Masters win last year. It's amazing to think he was on such a long losing run before that crucial breakthrough. Got to feel for Henley a little, he was in contention going into the final round of the US Open last year and didn't see that through and now this defeat in Hawaii. To cross contextualise, if this was football and he was a striker he basically just needs one to go in off his arse or by any means possible to get that same breakthrough confidence that Matsuyama is currently enjoying.

Anyway, less of my ramblings lol. Onwards to 'The American Express' tournament we go!

51 minutes ago, MinellaWorksop said:

Well done @Xtc12 can only hope your dad @fd1972uk did Henley each way. Matsuyama's determination and confidence has definitely improved massively after his Masters win last year. It's amazing to think he was on such a long losing run before that crucial breakthrough. Got to feel for Henley a little, he was in contention going into the final round of the US Open last year and didn't see that through and now this defeat in Hawaii. To cross contextualise, if this was football and he was a striker he basically just needs one to go in off his arse or by any means possible to get that same breakthrough confidence that Matsuyama is currently enjoying.

Anyway, less of my ramblings lol. Onwards to 'The American Express' tournament we go!

Nah mate, he's an all-in kinda guy.lol.

But I got Matsuyama at 12s on 2nd last day so not a disaster all-round. 

Will look at PGA US/Euro cards and see where it leads. 

When I played Golf one thing that was noticeable was that when you hit form it stayed with you for a few weeks, so, on that view I will be picking my selections with that in mind.

Going to stay away from European Golf for a while just to see who is in form.

The American Express - 1/5 1 - 8 (Money Back as a free Bet if your selection comes 2nd, 3rd or 4th including ties) 1 Pt E/W

Talor Gooch @ 22\1

Im @ 18\1 

Wolff @ 25\1

Power @ 28\1

Henley @ 28\1

On 1/19/2022 at 5:02 PM, MinellaWorksop said:

Last week's result roundup:

StrikeRate: 0/2

Bank: -2.00pts

Onto this week's event:

THE AMERICAN EXPRESS

Patrick Cantlay 9/1

Tom Hoge 140/1

All prices quoted are Bet365 and all selections 1pt Win

Great shout on hoge, his name flashed up and did think of a ew flutter, but didn't do it.  Cantlay doing well too, wasnt keen on the odds, ive liked him but not been on him of late, sure my Dad had recently had him on a fee bets in recent times, always risky straying away from a regular bet. 

Think hovland is my only chance. 

Thanks @fd1972uk . I would definitely take the result as it stands if I could, Lol.

Yeah, Hoge is a guy who in certain tournaments is always there and thereabouts. Though my concerns would be about his ability to seal the deal. That said, that is why we are offered the 3 figure odds on such players.

On my shortlist I had Cameron Young who is sneakily poised a few shots behind so I will be keeping a beady eye on him.

Some very interesting names atop the leaderboard in Abu Dhabi as I type, Hovland preferably will show his class today and tomorrow and power through for you mate.

Halfway at the American Express

Hoge  had a great round yesterday playing at the Stadium Course. 

Both Cantlay and Zalatoris are there today, so we may see big movements in the top of the leaderboard tonight.

Both La Quinta and Nicklaus Tournament Courses are both ranked in the 5 easiest courses on TOUR.

For my own picks both Wolff and Gooch play the Stadium Course today so I am writing them off.

Power, Im & Henley lie in T12, T32, T47 respectively all playing LA Quinta today.

Edited by Xtc12
Correction

Going into the final round it is very close action and I would say even players at 13 under par could have a shout if they have a hot day with the putter.

Cantlay stalled a bit yesterday. Hoge still nicely poised and today will certainly test his final round mental toughness.

Good luck to Hovland who's tee time is not too far off as I type in the final round in Abu Dhabi.

Pieters wins, didn't even look at him tbh, have been on him before but never seemed to last the pace. Bello was always a fav of my Dad but never seemed to come up.  Pity Harding fell away had him ew

Zalatoris I cant see it, although if he places then its be something. 

Edited by fd1972uk

17 hours ago, fd1972uk said:

Pieters wins, didn't even look at him tbh, have been on him before but never seemed to last the pace. Bello was always a fav of my Dad but never seemed to come up.  Pity Harding fell away had him ew

Zalatoris I cant see it, although if he places then its be something. 

Very true regarding Pieters. A player with great talent though ultimately very hard to predict when he's going to put it all together, fair play to anyone who backed him.

Hudson Swafford wins The American Express with an impressive 8 under par final round. Hoge can hold his head high with a respectable solo 2nd finish.

Hope Zalatoris gained some compensation for you finishing in T6th place.

Farmers Insurance Open tournament up next which is always a good quality event.

On 1/19/2022 at 11:22 PM, Xtc12 said:

When I played Golf one thing that was noticeable was that when you hit form it stayed with you for a few weeks, so, on that view I will be picking my selections with that in mind.

Going to stay away from European Golf for a while just to see who is in form.

The American Express - 1/5 1 - 8 (Money Back as a free Bet if your selection comes 2nd, 3rd or 4th including ties) 1 Pt E/W

Talor Gooch @ 22\1 - MC

Im @ 18\1 - T11

Wolff @ 25\1 - MC

Power @ 28\1 - T14

Henley @ 28\1 - T14

No Luck this week.

5 hours ago, MinellaWorksop said:

Very true regarding Pieters. A player with great talent though ultimately very hard to predict when he's going to put it all together, fair play to anyone who backed him.

Hudson Swafford wins The American Express with an impressive 8 under par final round. Hoge can hold his head high with a respectable solo 2nd finish.

Hope Zalatoris gained some compensation for you finishing in T6th place.

Farmers Insurance Open tournament up next which is always a good quality event.

Only small consolation, but reduced the loss. 

Unlucky with Hoge, altgough hopefully ew price had you doing well. In end.