** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2022 Golf Tips

Xtc12

17 hours ago, fd1972uk said:

Nah ryan fox would need to have a major collapse way out in front. 

Got a feeling koepka or Schauffele will come up, think 2 rounds to go theegala will feel pressure. 

Yes, it does look a decent lead for Fox going into the last round. The Chasing pack will require a fast start of birdies to put him under pressure.

So close in the Phoenix going into the final round. Cantlay, Gooch, Schauffele our strongest representatives on here so preferably one of them will do it for us.

I'm not sure he'll win though one to note for future Phoenix Open could be Garrick Higgo. Very impressive play for his first look at the course.

On 2/9/2022 at 9:55 PM, Xtc12 said:

Hojgaard Nicolai @ 12\1 - MC

Smith @ 14\1  - T72

Harding @ 28\1 - T9

Bland @ 33\1 - T54

Cabrero Bello @ 33\1 - MC

That Double Bogey for Harding turned out to be a disaster for me

On 2/9/2022 at 9:50 PM, Xtc12 said:

Hovland @ 12\1 - MC

Matsuyama @ 14\1 - T8

Burns @ 25\1 - MC

Gooch @ 45\1 - T26

List @ 45\1 - T53

Great finish to the Phoenix Open, Matsuyama returns 3.8 Pts

Genesis Invitational in US next week, doesn't seem to be anything on the European Tour until March.

On 2/12/2022 at 8:09 AM, MinellaWorksop said:

Be interesting to see how the young lad Theegala copes with being leader. 

He was a bit unlucky but there was also some rookiness thrown in there.

@MinellaWorksop well done on Schauffle ew a 225% return on investment for you

@fd1972uk unlucky with Cantlay, couldn't see Scheffler beating him in the play-off

Thanks @Xtc12 just goes to show the benefits of betting each way in golf like you kindly advised.

Scheffler's round 3 barnstormer definitely must have given the confidence boost going into the final day. That said, in the playoff I would have chosen Cantlay all day as he seems so ice cool composure wise.

Glad that Horschel each way soften the blow for you @fd1972uk .

Onto the Genesis Invitational we go.

This is the state of play with my bets in US so far

Outlay : 62

Returns : 81.40

Profit/Loss : +19.40

The Honda Classic 1/5 odds, 10 places -  Money Back as a free bet if your selection finishes 2nd, 3rd, 4th including ties 

Im @ 10\1 

Niemann @ 14\1

Young @ 40\1 

MacKenzie Hughes @ 40\1

Swafford @ 80\1 

1 Pt E\W on each

God I mustve been quick finger, as Ive noticed I put a small bet on higgo too as a ew.  Was going through my bets and he came up, lol. 

Kitayama was 400/1, not that he'll win it. Cant say I even looked at Berger, had no luck before from him and wasnt good odds. 

But early days so a lot can change. 

Surprised how poor Reed has been and his odds have shown that, thats why Ive continued with him. 

Edited by fd1972uk

Thanks @Xtc12  i don't want to put the commentator's curse on the wily young Berger, though he is playing really consistent dropping only one bogey in two rounds which is really impressive considering how tough the course has played for many.

Let's see how he handles The Bear Trap over Saturday and Sunday.

4 minutes ago, fd1972uk said:

Be a miracle if anyone catches Berger, hope it comes off for you mate. Not got anyone close even for a place. 

Not sure whats happened to Reed, was reading his yardage is decreasing all the time, think I read he switched clubs recently Im sure. 

Thanks mate. Fingers crossed he can keep a cool head over the last round.

Interesting find on Reed. Not a good sign to be losing yardage in today's game that is for sure. He was ranked in the World's top 10 this time last year so will be interesting to see if he can reverse this downturn in form.

5 hours ago, MinellaWorksop said:

To quote the great philosophical Rocky film series: "It ain't over til it's over" has never rang more true than in the sport of golf.

Unlucky @MinellaWorksop Lowry starting well seemed to go against him. Straka was a complete surprise but played very well coming down the Bear Trap. 

Two tournaments in US next week Puerto Rico Open & Arnold Palmer Invitational

Europe has the Magical Kenya Open.

** The bank will be broken next week with all this golf. Suppose it keeps us interested :)

Yeah quite a few on, Ill just have a few small flutters. 

Ill stick to the SA golfers on the Kenyan, might be wrong but Im sure Harding won for me last time, can remember him winning 2 tours close together or maybe even one after the other, cant be certain though. 

Not sure about the other 2, Rahm jist isn't worth a bet at thise odds.