** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Breeders Cup 2021 5th & 6th November

Fingers Crossed   Albahr, Frankie and the stall handler is ok,  looks like the stall handler is the more bruised and appears winded while walking with the medics and now Modern Games is now out according to Luke Harvey, Modern Games has a cut from the incident with Albahr in the stalls

again fingers crossed all are ok

Modern Games is now back in the race but for prize money only   anyone else slightly confused?? and then goes and wins the race

Edited by ipswich45

40 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

I think the value here may well be glounthaune just on the basis O'Brien knows how to win this and his horses were not right last half of the season so may well be better than it has shown plus moore has worked the track out i think. so the 14/1 may be good value.

managed to cash out my bets which was lucky.

no wonder there was a chorus of boos when it won

and i thought our racing was controversial at times,  to me if SCR that means no taking part im sorry  dont care if horse has come 5 miles or 5000 miles   if the horse was taken out because of a injury on a vets advice then another vet comes in an over rules that original vet     

what it sounds like from ITV the first vet THOUGHT Modern Games broke through the stall and was to be withdrawn so was, the starter said no he had to be let out the front but was already scratched so was allowed to run for prize money         jeez dear oh dear

it appears in the post race interview with NBC, even Buick is questioning some things regarding what happened 

Edited by ipswich45
ITV explanation

5 minutes ago, ipswich45 said:

no wonder there was a chorus of boos when it won

and i thought our racing was controversial at times,  to me if SCR that means no taking part im sorry  dont care if horse has come 5 miles or 5000 miles   if the horse was taken out because of a injury on a vets advice then another vet comes in an over rules that original vet     

what it sounds like from ITV the first vet THOUGHT Modern Games broke through the stall and was to be withdrawn so was, the starter said no he had to be let out the front but was already scratched so was allowed to run for prize money         jeez dear oh dear

it appears in the post race interview with NBC, even Buick is questioning some things regarding what happened 

I think we can get too carried away with the betting sometimes but lets be honest the best horse by far won it which is what the sport is all about.

3 minutes ago, ipswich45 said:

indeed but that was just a mess on every sense of the word , best horse did win

ITV did say Uk bookies  Paddy Power as a `gesture of goodwill' would pay out on Modern Games and William Hill would pay win on both Modern Games and Tiz The Bomb 

I thought it a bit rich that a known cheat like Baffert doesn't get booed for winning a race but a gentleman like Appleby or his horse does.

@Budgie 65looking at the NAP rules

•  As of May 1st 2020, bets will count for the day the meeting started, regardless of the race time but all selections must be posted on the forum on the actual day of the competition. (this satisfies the 1 bet per day rule)   -  so as the meeting started at 1855 i would imagine IF it counted it would be towards Fridays selection even though the race was due off at 0030

23 hours ago, calva decoy said:

Friday's fancies ( bets in brackets )

655- TRIPLE TAP 

725- OPTIMISING 

755- IT'S SIMPLE 

830- SUPERSTITION ( 9/2 )

905- I KNOW CASH FLOW 

950- TWILIGHT JET ( 8/1 ew 3 places )

1030- HIDDEN CONNECTION ( 3/1 )

1110- CAIRO MEMORIES ( 17/2 ew 5 places ) 

1150- CORNICHE 

Good luck to all having a bet or just a watching brief .

Saturday's bets ( will post rest of card tomorrow ) 

740- GLASS SLIPPERS 7/1 £ back if 2nd , 3rd or 4th with sky .

810- SNAPPER SINCLAIR ( 25/1 ew )

938- C Z ROCKET ( 14/1 ew ) 

1020- MO FORZA ( 6/1 ew ) 

Tentative betting but hey ho !

A win top & bottom of Friday's card with just the one placed as well .

To summarise , a dismal effort with a lighter wallet .

I'm off to watch Peterborough United v Fulham this afternoon so good chance I'll be a loser on both of my favourite sports .

Very well done to anyone making a profit yesterday on what is a dart job of a meeting albeit very intriguing .

6 hours ago, ipswich45 said:

@Budgie 65looking at the NAP rules

•  As of May 1st 2020, bets will count for the day the meeting started, regardless of the race time but all selections must be posted on the forum on the actual day of the competition. (this satisfies the 1 bet per day rule)   -  so as the meeting started at 1855 i would imagine IF it counted it would be towards Fridays selection even though the race was due off at 0030

When i asked last year about a horse running in the gelong cup I was told (by admin and confirmed in a pm) that the selection must run within the time frame of UK racing, it was a bit vague because i also read this rule and couldn't work out the contradiction. so a clarification is needed because i wanted Vertignious (it lost) as my nap yesterday but remembered the advice and chose one in the uk.

US Race Night Bets

Moneyback - 1940  Glass Slippers (4)

Free bet Yankee - 1905 Gamine, 1940 Golden Pal, 2059 Audarya, 2220 Space Blues

Mine and Wife's bets for tonight (Wife's bets first) 

1905  Bella Sofia / Gamine (part of double with Jackie's warrior) 

1940 Glass Slippers / Emaraaty Ana

2019 Silver State / Pingxiang e/w

2059 Queen Supreme e/w. / Loves Only You

2138  Jackie's Warrior

2220 Got Stormy e/w. / Blowout e/w

2300 Royal Flag / Malathaat

2340 Rock emperor e/w  / Yibir

0040 Hot Rod Charlie / Medina Spirit

All my free bets are now used up on most of tonight's races. 

Good luck all. 

Edited by fd1972uk

no changes to the selections for tonight 
1715 - 5 Appreciated    5/1 
Bet365     2nd
1750 - 6 Locally Owned    10/1 Bet365  Unplaced
1825 - 3 Abscond     10/1 Bet365    4th
1905 - 4 Ce Ce     6/1 Willaim Hill  WON
1940 - 9 Kimari     10/1 William Hill   Unplaced
2019 - 3 Ginobili     5/1 Bet365    2nd
2059 - 8 Loves Only You      9/2 Bet365    WON
2138 - 9 Dr Schivel     5/1 Bet365. 2nd
2220 - 6 Mo Forza     6/1 Bet365  Unplaced
2300 - 2 Royal Flag     15/2 William Hill   Unplaced
2340 - 7 Walton Street    11/1 Bet365     Unplaced
0040 - 8 Medina Spirit      7/1 William Hill   2nd

im more confident about some more than others but hey ho,  good luck all whatever your on

Edited by ipswich45
results being added