Premier League Predictions > Dec 11th - 13th

Leeds vs West Ham

Yes, Christmas is coming and you can feel the hectic festive schedule already starting to take hold. There is plenty of football to play before then though and the Premier League action kicks off this weekend at 8pm GMT when Leeds host West Ham at Elland Road. Both teams will be looking to get back to winning ways after suffering defeats in last weekend's matches.

Leeds are struggling to build a run of results together at the moment with the club in 14th place. Marcelo Bielsa has seen his side take just 1 win from their last 5 league matches. Just 4 goals scored in those 5 games shows how a lack of potency up front is holding them back. To add to those woes, the club is suffering a centre back crisis with the duo of Robert Koch and Diego Llorente both ruled out leaving Luke Ayling as a likely candidate to step into the central role for the time being. If that wasn't enough negativity for the Whites fans then the fact they've only won 1 of their 5 home league matches so far this season shows they're not the most dangerous side on their own patch. An example of this poor home form is striker Patrick Bamford only scoring 1 of his 8 goals this season at home.

West Ham find themselves in a slightly more positive position than their opponents in 8th place and just 4 points off the pace of the Champions League spots. David Moyes is certainly exceeding expectations and he'll be gravely disappointed that his team couldn't keep the 1-0 lead they had against Manchester United last weekend before eventually losing 3-1. The Hammers had won three league games on the trot before that defeat. Michail Antonio is expected to remain sidelined meaning Sebastien Haller will likely continue to deputise. Away form appears to be where West Ham are getting their most points having only lost 2 of their last 8 games on the road stretching back from last season.

There is optimistic reading for Leeds fans in the head-to-head with the Yorkshire club having gone unbeaten in the last 9 meetings. It is also West Ham's 50th league visit to Elland Road and they've only prevailed victorious on 6 occasions. I feel this could be a time when they come away with another rare win or at least a draw. The defensive issues are a concern for Leeds and if West Ham score first, as they have done in their last 6 league matches, then it could be a tall order for the hosts to recover.

West Ham Draw No Bet @ 2.33 with Unibet

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.63 with SBK

Leeds United vs West Ham

Leeds United

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Robin Koch (11/0 d), Diego Llorente (1/0 d), Adam Forshaw (0/0 m), Gaetano Berardi (0/0 d)

Suspended: -

West Ham

Doubtful: Andriy Yarmolenko (5/0 f), Ryan Fredericks (3/0 d), Michail Antonio (7/3 m)

Out (injuries/other): Arthur Masuaku (10/0 d)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Over/Under Goals
Leeds United
5 home games
West Ham
5 away games
60% Over 1.5 goals 80%
40% Over 2.5 goals 80%
40% Over 3.5 goals 20%
40% Over 4.5 goals 20%
20% Over 5.5 goals 20%
40% Under 1.5 goals 20%
60% Under 2.5 goals 20%
60% Over 0.5 goals at half-time 80%
40% Over 1.5 goals at half-time 80%
20% Over 2.5 goals at half-time 20%

Leeds v West Ham

Early weekend games tend to lead to odd results. I think most players would prefer a 3pm Saturday kickoff. It's what they know, routine wise. So an 8pm Friday night game is a tricky game for everyone. You are just out of your routine, and the pressure is on. Everyone who wants to watch football is probably watching this game.

After a semi decent start are Leeds running out of gas? All fine and well to play at 100 miles an hour in the Championship, but is this style of play sustainable in the Premier League? Opponents are better, players physically fitter, strong and technically superior. So you can't just beat them with legs and work effort. Eventually you deplete your own fitness, working at these higher levels. 

West Ham played very well against Man United. More clinical in front of goal and they are 3-0 up. Fernandes or not, that is game over. They will be stinging after that game, which they should have won. The chances they missed were unreal

I feel that Leeds, with a smaller squad, and a higher fitness demand style of play may just find the games coming too thick and fast. Expect a tight first 60 and then West Ham to win it in the last 3rd.

If I was going 3 bets here they would be ;

highest scoring half second

Draw HT West to win FT

West Ham win.

Leeds v West Ham

Christmas is indeed coming, as I was reminded by the pile of cards in my letter box yesterday. If I can get 3 or 4 in one day, how many might Leeds attract tonight!

Leeds >1.5 cards at 13/10 and >2.5 cards at 24/5, both with 888 (5/4 and 19/4 without boosts).

Ref Michael Oliver a fairly average ref, spreads have this game in for 33-36 points with Leeds in for 15-16 of them.

A simplistic take on Leeds in the Premier League this season is that they're "good for a couple of cards at least" with 7 of their 11 games seeing them get 2 or 3 cards. As they started fairly tamely in terms of cards, it's actually 7 of their last 8 games. To be fair, they've got 2 cards on 6 occasions and only got 3 once, but I think at the odds it's worth taking both >1.5 and >2.5. A Friday night televised game that they'll see as winnable; surely they're good for a couple of cards at least! :eyes

Manchester United vs Manchester City

After an unsuccessful Champions League campaign and a 3:2 loss against RB Leipzig, which sent them to the Europa League, the home side heads to this game. Although Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side topped the group after four rounds, they lost twice in a row in the continental competition, which cost them a place in the eight-finals. Indeed, the half-an-hour storming performances that helped them maintain the winning streak in the Premier League didn’t result in the UCL. It seemed that Bruno Fernandes and the lads could snatch a salvage point in the last ten minutes of the game, as they managed to get back into the game after trailing 3:0, but they needed one more goal. The Red Devils can now fully focus on the domestic campaign, as they tied four wins in a row. They propelled them to the 6th spot, being five points behind Tottenham and Liverpool, but having played one game less. Although they have a perfect away record, Man Utd celebrated just once at Old Trafford on five occasions. They need to start putting more confident displays at the home ground if they want to challenge the top spot.

The Citizens cannot be content with their campaign as they are one point behind their fierce rivals. Pep Guardiola’s side won their last two league games, though, and secured the top spot in their UCL group. Manchester City missed the chance to win just once in the continental competition, but they spilled a lot of points in the Premier League. After losing to Tottenham 2:0, the visitors managed to keep the clean sheet five times in a row in all competitions. Despite their very good defensive record, Kevin de Bruyne and the lads need to improve their finishing, as they are not so efficient as they used to be in the previous campaigns. This is an important game for the away side since Manchester city can get involved in the title race.

Full-Time Winner Odds & Prediction

The visitors haven’t played well in derbies this season, and United might take advantage of that. Although they come into this match after a disappointment, the hosts will be highly motivated to pick up some points from it.

Goals Market Prediction

Although City’s defense is very hard to crack lately, they managed to keep the clean sheet against United just once on the past nine occasions. We believe nets won’t remain intact in this one.

Manchester United AH +0 @ 3.40

BTTS Yes @ 1.65

Correct score 2:1 @ 15.00

Man United v Man CIty

United, at home have been a disaster this season. They are just starting games so slowly. In 5 home league games they have scored just 1 first half goal. They have just 3 goals in total which is ridiculous. Only Burnley and Sheffield United have scored fewer goals. Flying by the seat of their pants for a few weeks, the league position is artificial. Crazy games against Brighton, Southampton and West Ham where they picked up a very unlikely 9 points. Then throw in a questionable penalty against WBA. You could easily take away 9 points, and then they (along with Arsenal) are not looking so hot.

I have changed my direction totally based on Tuesday night's champions league display from United. This is a team that simply cannot defend. Liepzig caught the back 7 cold twice in 15 minutes. United were an absolute shambles. Liepzig moved the ball quickly, and crossed it quickly. The Man U defense was at 6's and 7's.. But, after two years in charge Solksjaer is still chopping away like a sous-chef, with a different formation every week. How is it possible that you bring on Williams, Taunzebe and Fosu-Mensah when you are chasing the game?

With United giving up goals for fun, and Solksjaer simply not having much of a clue as what to do, there can only be one result here. And City are finally waking up. If they get an early goal here I think United could get embarrassed. My feeling (as a 45 year Man United fan), is that Solksjaer has taken this team as far as he can. 

United are 4th or 5th but with a tiny bit of bad luck, they could be 16th in the table. Forget any of the longshot odds here. This team cannot live with Man City and will get beaten quite easily.

Edited by neilovan

Wolves vs Aston Villa

OK, so we start Saturday's Premier League action at 12:30pm GMT with a bit of a strange match-up between Wolves and Aston Villa at Molineux. Even though these two sides aren't exactly bitter rivals there has been some "beef" between the two sets of fans over recent seasons. Although most fans would probably say the relationship between the two clubs is more "frenemies" or more of a "social media rivalry".

Wolves might have had an inconsistent start to their league campaign with the club down in 10th place but their 17 point tally represents their best haul in a Premier League season after 11 matches played. One of the key factors for this has been their ability to go undefeated against teams below them in the table. Home form has also been key for Nuno Espirito Santo's men with the team unbeaten in their last 4 league games on home turf. A main reason for that form has been their defence with Wanderers boasting the best home defensive record conceding just 5 goals at Molineux. 3 of those goals came in the 3-1 defeat to Manchester City back on 21st September. It's now 8 clean sheets from their last 12 home league games. 1 win from their last 4 league matches is my big worry though.

Aston Villa started this season very well but their form is starting to go off the rails a little bit. Dean Smith's side were top of the Premier League after 4 league matches but are now down in 12th position. The Villains have lost 4 of their previous 5 league matches and their game with Newcastle last weekend was postponed after an outbreak of coronavirus within the Toon Army squad. That being said, Villa's away form has remained impressive with the team winning 3 of their 4 matches in the league on the road. The 4 clean sheets kept by Villa this season is only bettered by Chelsea and Tottenham.

Both of these teams have shown they can put in a defensive shift when they want to. I feel with Wolves missing their talisman striker Raul Jimenez and Aston Villa without their creative power of Ross Barkley we could see them relying more on the foundation of their defences. I'm sure the home team will want to address the defensive issues that arose from their 4-0 loss to Liverpool last week so I expect a tighter knit defensive unit. The away side have also only kept 1 clean sheet in their last 5 league matches. I think improved defensive performances with both teams happy with a draw will see a 0-0 or 1-1 result as the most likely outcome.

Draw @ 3.35 with Novibet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.90 with Bet365

Newcastle vs West Brom

One of the more fascinating fixtures coming up this weekend is the 3pm GMT Saturday afternoon kick-off between Newcastle and West Brom at St James' Park. The home team have been hit by a devastating covid-19 outbreak that forced them to postpone last weekend's game with Aston Villa. Players are back fit and have tested negative but how will it have impacted the team?

Newcastle currently sit in 13th place but haven't played a game for 2 weeks after their postponed match last weekend. Their last game was a solid 2-0 win away to Crystal Palace. Steve Bruce has said that his squad will be heavily affected by the virus outbreak and he could field a severely weakened line-up. Reports still suggest he should have a more than capable squad at his disposal. Even without the covid-19 concerns, the Magpies have enough to worry about. Only 2 wins from their last 7 home games, a run that includes 5 defeats, isn't great reading. Their 86 efforts on goal this season is the worst in the division. As if that wasn't bad enough, they also have a manager at the helm in Bruce who has lost a Premier League record of 28 matches against newly promoted opposition.

West Brom will not only come into this game smelling blood given the home team's fitness issues but will also be keen to bounce back after last weekend's crushing 5-1 loss at home to Crystal Palace. It was a very disappointing result after the previously more positive performances including their first league win of the season against Sheffield United the week before. Slaven Bilic could bring in a number of fresh faces to change things up including Jake Livermore and Filip Krovinovic. Matheus Pereira will begin a 3-game ban after his sending off last weekend though. The Baggies are down in 19th place and boast the unwanted records of having the division's most goals conceded, most shots faced on their own goal, and shots on target against them. The fact they have also scored in just 3 of their last 8 league games is also a very disconcerting statistic.

The covid-19 issue is a big problem for me in terms of trying to gauge how this game will go. We simply don't know who will start for Newcastle or what condition they'll be in. It worries me that the Magpies have been reluctant to even name who has returned to training. I think they should still have a solid line-up available. West Brom were heavily affected by the sending off last weekend but it was proof of just how fragile this Baggies side has become. I think ordinarily I'd be backing a home win but with coronavirus still casting a shadow over the preparations of the home side I think the away team could sneak a draw.

Draw @ 3.35 with SBK

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.75 with Betfair

Manchester United vs Manchester City

The big game of the weekend in the Premier League is undoubtedly the 5:30pm GMT Saturday evening kick-off between Manchester United and Manchester City at Old Trafford. It's a derby match that has produced its fair share of memorable moments over recent years but will this game between two faltering sides still contain the fireworks of year gone by?

Manchester United will still be licking their wounds after the disappointing 3-2 defeat away to RB Leipzig in the Champions League that saw the Red Devils exit the competition and confined to the Europa League. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer once again (it's becoming a bit boring now!) finds himself in the firing line. The team are in 7th place in the league and 5 points off the title pace. One of the main reasons for them still being in touch with the front runners is their away form. Unfortunately, their home form falls some way short of the expectations in place at the club. The team might've won 4 league games in a row but it's just 1 win from their 5 home league games this season. They've only picked up 1 point from their 3 home league games against the "established top six". There is good news in the fact Anthony Martial is back fit but Edinson Cavani will be assessed before kick-off. Your guess is as good as mine about the involvement of wantaway midfielder Paul Pogba.

Manchester City have been a complete contrast to their city rivals in the Champions League as they strode through to the last 16 with ease. Pep Guardiola will also be pleased to have potent striker Sergio Aguero back fit and in his match day squad. The Citizens are in 8th position and 6 points behind the league leaders Tottenham but this is a City team that is building up some momentum. Just 1 defeat in their last 15 competitive matches and back-to-back clean sheet wins in the league suggest City are starting to settle again after a dodgy start to their campaign. Away form remains a concern for me with City dropping points in 7 of their last 12 away league games. The fact they have also lost 6 of their last 8 away matches against the "established top six" including losing the last four is a big worry.

The head-to-head meetings for these two clubs have seen Manchester United win 3 of the last 4 encounters. A win here for United would give them three straight league wins over their rivals for the first time since 2009. An interesting statistic is that 6 of the last 8 meetings have ended in wins for the away side. Manchester City have the best win record visiting Old Trafford of any club in the Premier League. I think that record will improve here. As @neilovan said, a lot of luck has got United this high up the table. Even luck won't save them here.

Manchester City to Win & BTTS @ 3.60 with SBK

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.67 with Betfair

Everton vs Chelsea

The final game in the Premier League on Saturday is heading our way at 8pm GMT when Everton play host to Chelsea at Goodison Park. It's the master versus the apprentice as Carlo Ancelotti takes on Frank Lampard. The former Chelsea manager will be looking to get his team back to winning ways against the former Blues player he once managed and worked with to win trophies.

Everton started the season in imperious form but things haven't quite been going so well for the Merseyside club recently. The Toffees are down in 9th place having previously led the league table. Ancelotti has seen his team take just 1 win from their last 7 league matches. No clean sheets in their last 10 league games shows that the defensive unit needs some work. James Rodriguez, Fabian Delph, and Seamus Coleman have all been ruled out. If Everton lose here it'll be a joint club record in the top flight of three straight home league losses in a row. Failure to keep a clean sheet would make it the first time they've failed to keep a clean sheet in 10 consecutive home league games since 1959. Dominic Calvert-Lewin remains their main hope with the England striker bagging 19 goals in 31 starts under Ancelotti including 14 in all competitions this season and 3 goals in his last 3 league matches.

Chelsea are looking more like the title contenders they had the potential to become this season. Lampard's tightened up that leaky defence and the club are now in 3rd place and just 2 points off the pace of the league leaders Tottenham. 5 clean sheets in their last 8 league games has helped them develop the second tightest defence in the division with 11 goals conceded from their 11 league games played. Not only are the Blues unbeaten in their last 9 league matches but they are also undefeated in their 9 away games across all competitions this season. The one man to definitely watch though is Olivier Giroud. The Frenchman has scored in 9 of his 11 league starts this calendar year including in each of his last 6 matches. If he scores here then he will become just the second Chelsea player to score in 7 games in a row after Mark Stein managed the feat in the 1993/94 season.

If we were basing our predictions purely on the form book then this would be a no brainer. Chelsea are flying right now and Everton really do look a bit lost at sea. I have huge fears about Jordan Pickford and this fragile Everton defence facing up against the likes of Giroud, Timo Werner, and Christian Pulisic. However, we all know how the cruel mistress of football can bite us in the rear. I have to back a Chelsea win based on all the facts but Everton are due a win soon. I just think the sensible money has to be on the away win even though my gut is nagging me that the home side could grab something here.

Chelsea to Win @ 1.80 with SBK

Anytime Scorer: Olivier Giroud @ 2.30 with Paddy Power

Southampton vs Sheffield United

The Sunday matches in the Premier League come at us fast and hard with the first game starting at 12pm GMT when high-flying Southampton host a demoralised bottom-placed Sheffield United at St Mary's Stadium. This is an opportunity for the home side to continue knocking on the door of the European qualification contenders against an away team that are simply looking for that first league win of the season.

Southampton are looking well set to have one of their best Premier League seasons ever. Ralph Hasenhuttl is doing a superb job on the south coast with the team currently in 6th place and only 4 points off the title pace. The Saints had gone two games without a win before their 2-1 victory away to Brighton last week. The goalscoring return of striker Danny Ings was a welcome sight and he's set to be involved again here with a view to build on his 6 goals scored so far this season. It's just 1 loss in their last 9 league matches and they have scored at least twice in six consecutive home league games showing their potency on home turf.

Sheffield United still sit rock bottom of the top flight of English football. Chris Wilder knows exactly what the issue is but fixing it is the ongoing problem. The Blades have the lowest shot to goals conversion ratio in the division at just 6.9%. A constant mix of impotency in the final third and individual errors at the back are plaguing their season. On the plus side, their overall performance levels are still competitive so there is hope. Unfortunately, the fact remains that their start to this season is the second worst in the history of the top flight with only Manchester United in 1930/31 earning less points (yes, that's 0 points!) after 11 league games. The daunting statistic for United is that no team has taken less than 4 points from their opening 12 league games and survived relegation. Perhaps the most worrying fact is that this run has dragged over from last season with their winless league run now stretched to 14 league matches.

I hate to see Sheffield United failing to get the points they deserve from games but the Premier League is ruthless. Wilder knew in pre-season that he needed a striker to score goals and the club have failed to address the issue. I'm not sure Rhian Brewster was the right sort of front man for them given the way they play. I still hope for them that they claw themselves out of this dire situation but there's no way I can back them to win games like this against teams like Southampton until I see evidence that they can take their chances and shut goals out at the other end. No evidence so far so I have to back a narrow Southampton win.

Southampton to Win @ 1.79 with SBK

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.90 with Bet365

Crystal Palace vs Tottenham

It's an all-London affair for the 2:15pm GMT kick-off in the Premier League on Sunday afternoon when mid-table Crystal Palace play league leaders Tottenham at Selhurst Park. The home side have struggled to build a run of results together restricting them to the middle of the table but can they get a win against an away team that is looking like a genuine title-contending outfit right now?

Crystal Palace are in 11th place but after just 3 defeats in their previous 4 league games managed to seal a resounding 5-1 win away against newly promoted West Brom last weekend. The club have equalled their highest points tally for a Premier League season after 11 games. Roy Hodgson's men have only won 2 of their last 9 home games. What makes it even worse is that the Eagles are now without a win in 17 home games against the "established top six". It's clear to see how Wilfried Zaha is also their biggest player with the attacker scoring 7 goals in his 9 appearances for the club so far this season.

Tottenham continue to prove they look a real force under Jose Mourinho. Just as everybody began to doubt the Portuguese manager he shows he still has that magic touch. It's the first time that Spurs have been on the top of the table after 11 matches since the 1984/85 season. It's now 10 league games unbeaten for Tottenham and they have a chance to equal a club record in the top flight of 5 straight clean sheets in a row. The fact Tottenham have the best defensive record in the division having only conceded 9 goals so far shows that this is a team basing its entire playing philosophy on their back-line resilience.

The head-to-head record doesn't make for very positive reading for Crystal Palace fans. The team have only managed 1 win in their last 14 Premier League encounters with Tottenham and the draw last season ended a 9-game losing streak for them in this fixture. It's hard to see past a staunch away side win here but it's been a weekend of surprises already. I still think Tottenham winning to nil is worth backing.

Tottenham to Win @ 1.92 with Novibet

Anytime Scorer: Son Heung-min @ 2.75 with Bet365

Not so much time today for preview.

So i think odds on Saints are too low today. Sheffield made both Games last Season very close and yes they still lose both Games. And for sure they are in terrible Form and without Win in this Season. Didn´t expected that they will win today but they can grab 1 Point i think. Saints in next 2 Games against Arsenal and Man City, so maybe they are not on that Mental Level today - so that they lose little bit Focus and will be not there best today. Also i didn´t think that Ings after injury is on the Same Level then he was before injury. That needs time and they will be much more needed in Games against Arsenal and Man City.

Other Bet is on the Spurs. I think they are one of the Main Favs for this Season Title in PL. They now playing under Mou sometime ugly Games. Not nice to watch, but they win. Also they can played nearly, specially in Offensive, in Euro League with Reserves Players. Today i expected again such a Game. Palace will made it very tough for the Spurs, but Spurs will win. H2H isn´t also so good on Palace Side. Think can end 0-1 with maybe a late Goal again for the Spurs.

Sheffield AHC+0.75 @ 2.06 1/10 bet365

Spurs AHC -0.5 @ 1.85 3/10 bet365

Fulham vs Liverpool

The Premier League games come at us relentlessly on Sunday with a 4:30pm GMT kick-off scheduled between newly promoted Fulham and reigning champions Liverpool. You don't need to love your football to know which way everyone is expecting this one to go but let's take a look and see if there are any encouraging signs for the home team as they face an in-form travelling side.

Fulham are still clinging on just outside the bottom three in 17th place but that's been more down to the poor form of the teams below them than their own progress. The Cottagers have lost 8 of their 11 league games this season but 2 wins from their last 5 league games has offered hope. Even the 2-0 loss to Manchester City last week showed signs of positivity. Scott Parker's brings his team into this game knowing Fulham have lost their last 6 Premier League matches played on a Sunday and the club have also lost 4 of their first 5 league games of a season for the first time ever. One of the big concerns is that the team have conceded a league-high 7 goals in the opening 15 minutes of their league matches so far. Fulham are also without a win in their last 11 league games against reigning champions in the top flight.

Liverpool come into this game in 2nd place and know that there is the potential opportunity to move top of the table if Tottenham drop points against Crystal Palace in the earlier kick-off. Jurgen Klopp's side are handling an injury crisis very well with the team unbeaten in 7 league games. However, the Reds are without a victory in their last 4 away league matches. It has also been just 1 win from their 5 league games on the road this season. It is now 18 league games undefeated for Liverpool against newly promoted sides. They also remain the only team to have scored in every single one of their league matches this season.

This is one of those games where you think you have to back not only the win but a big win for the one side. Fulham are going to be on a mission of damage limitation against a Liverpool side that have been immaculate against newly promoted sides under Klopp. I can see a convincing 2-3 goal win for the away team here but I'm still not sure they'll keep a clean sheet even if Alisson is back in contention to start.

Liverpool HT/FT @ 2.06 with SBK

Liverpool -1 @ 2.00 with BetVictor

Arsenal vs Burnley

The Premier League action ends with a double header on Sunday evening at 7:15pm GMT. Our first preview for those kick-offs is Arsenal versus Burnley at the Emirates Stadium where both teams will be looking to get a win to pull them away from the relegation zone. It's certainly a case of the home team finding themselves in a slightly more desperate plight than the visitors.

Arsenal come into this game in 15th place and even though they're 7 points above the relegation zone the sheer fact we're putting the name of the Gunners in the same sentence as the relegation places sums up just how badly their season has gone so far. A defeat here would see Arsenal lose four home league games in a row for the first time since 1959. The 13 points earned by Mikel Arteta's side after 11 league games is their worst start to a top flight season since 1981. It's now 6 defeats from their last 9 league matches. Undoubtedly, the most worrying statistic is the fact it's now 656 minutes of league action since they scored a goal from open play. There is some optimism though. Out-of-form striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is facing a Burnley side against whom he has scored 7 goals in 5 appearances. If he's going to break his duck then surely it's going to be here, right?

Burnley know that this game offers a superb opportunity for the club to continue its improvement in form. The Clarets are down in 18th place and 1 point from safety but it's now been just 1 defeat from their last 4 league matches. However, this is where the stats can get flipped. Sean Dyche's team have also only won 1 of their last 11 league games and have lost 7 of those matches. Scoring goals, like Sheffield United, is a big problem for Burnley with their 5 goals the lowest tally in the division. A total shared with the Blades. The next lowest is West Brom with 8 goals scored. It's now 3 league games in a row that Burnley have failed to score in on the road.

It wasn't that long ago that the odds for this game would heavily favour Arsenal to a degree where you wondered if there was even any point in Burnley turning up. Times have changed. This is a match between two teams that are really struggling to find the net. I would like to think the Gunners will still sneak this but I just don't know. It's not going to be pretty and could be just the one goal that decides it. Benefit of the doubt to Arsenal here... but I really don't feel comfortable backing them!

Draw (Arsenal -1) @ 3.60 with William Hill

Anytime Scorer: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang @ 2.05 with Betfred

2 hours ago, newteech said:

Are there any special betting opportunities that might arise with a derby?

Like more cards because it's a bitter rivalry?

Yeah, I think backing yellow cards in a derby is always worth doing but only multiple bets because the odds are reduced to a degree that backing single bets doesn't really seem worth it. That said, I put a cheeky bet on Harry Maguire getting booked yesterday at roughly 3.00. I often tend to favour a draw in derby games too. That's just me though. Not an actual recommended betting choice! :lol

Leicester vs Brighton

The last game of the weekend in the Premier League we are previewing is scheduled for a 7:15pm GMT on Sunday night when Leicester take on Brighton at the King Power Stadium. A home victory seems to be favoured amongst the bookies with the team flying high but they need to earn it against a struggling away side that really deserve to be positioned higher than their current position.

Leicester find themselves just 3 points off top spot and in 4th place in the table. The Foxes had suffered back-to-back defeats against Liverpool and Fulham but a narrow 2-1 win over bottom placed Sheffield United in their last outing got them back to winning ways. James Maddison could be in line for a return to the first team. Brendan Rodgers needs to address the issue of his team's home form. It's 4 losses from their last 6 home league games and top scorer Jamie Vardy is yet to score from open play at this venue. One key stat is that Leicester have scored 10 goals in the closing 20 minutes of matches this season. Proof that you should never count them out until the final whistle has blown.

Brighton suffered a familiar story last weekend when they played well but suffered a 2-1 defeat at home to south coast rivals Southampton last week. That loss has left Graham Potter's side down in 16th place and just 4 points above the relegation zone. The Seagulls have now only won 1 of their last 9 league matches. One shining light for Brighton is their away form with the club earning 4 wins, 2 draws, and 2 losses from their last 8 away league matches. They're also having no problem scoring having hit the net in 8 straight league games.

I'm fascinated to see how this game unfolds. Both teams play attractive football and I think we could see an open game. If anything, that will play into the hands of Leicester. Brighton know they need to start turning these decent performances into points to pull away from the bottom. I just think a home win for Leicester is due. If you fancy a cheeky bet on either team scoring from a set-piece then these two teams have conceded the most goals from set-pieces with Leicester conceding 7 and Brighton conceding 6.

Leicester to Win @ 2.02 with Novibet

BTTS @ 1.81 with SBK

9 hours ago, Neubs said:

Not so much time today for preview.

So i think odds on Saints are too low today. Sheffield made both Games last Season very close and yes they still lose both Games. And for sure they are in terrible Form and without Win in this Season. Didn´t expected that they will win today but they can grab 1 Point i think. Saints in next 2 Games against Arsenal and Man City, so maybe they are not on that Mental Level today - so that they lose little bit Focus and will be not there best today. Also i didn´t think that Ings after injury is on the Same Level then he was before injury. That needs time and they will be much more needed in Games against Arsenal and Man City.

Other Bet is on the Spurs. I think they are one of the Main Favs for this Season Title in PL. They now playing under Mou sometime ugly Games. Not nice to watch, but they win. Also they can played nearly, specially in Offensive, in Euro League with Reserves Players. Today i expected again such a Game. Palace will made it very tough for the Spurs, but Spurs will win. H2H isn´t also so good on Palace Side. Think can end 0-1 with maybe a late Goal again for the Spurs.

Sheffield AHC+0.75 @ 2.06 1/10 >bet365

Spurs AHC -0.5 @ 1.85 3/10 >bet365

Specially the Sheffield Pick was bad - they are very poor at the moment. Hard to belive that Chris Wilder, didn´t will be sacked in next Days.

2 hours ago, Neubs said:

Specially the Sheffield Pick was bad - they are very poor at the moment. Hard to belive that Chris Wilder, didn´t will be sacked in next Days.

I know quite a few Sheffield United fans and they all back him still. It's a tough one. They deserve more than 1 point this season but the Premier League is ruthless and relentless. Can they afford to keep the faith? I don't think anyone else would do any better to be honest.

On the note of my bets, Aubameyang finally scored... shame it was at the wrong end! ?‍♂️

12 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

I know quite a few Sheffield United fans and they all back him still. It's a tough one. They deserve more than 1 point this season but the Premier League is ruthless and relentless. Can they afford to keep the faith? I don't think anyone else would do any better to be honest.

On the note of my bets, Aubameyang finally scored... shame it was at the wrong end! ?‍♂️

For myself and Football Romantic i would say Wilder must stay. But sometimes it´s better you give the Team other Input to turn things around. That´s now 8 Points to first Non-Relegation Place. That´s huge and with Burnley and Arsenal sit down in bottom of Table, it´s fair to say that they are no Team for this Places. Specially Arsenal.

My feeling is that this 3 Teams actually who are sit on relegation Places, will be relegated at the End of the Season.