Racing Chat Sunday 29th Nov

Sunday's racing is mostly about a cracking card at Fairyhouse where we get to see some of Ireland's finest.

The juvenile hurdle is run at 12.30 - a Grade 3 event. Willie Mullins is finally getting his battalion into shape and struck with a treble at the track on Saturday. He introduces an intriguing runner in Saint Sam who comes here having won twice in France. This is what he had to say about him in a recent RP interview "A really nice acquisition by Edward Ware. He's a natural jumper as most Saint Des Saints are. I like that he showed the speed to win over two miles one furlong in France and, with his pedigree, he can improve with age. I like him." 

He takes on winning juveniles from Joseph O'Brien and two from Gordon Elliott but I'm happy to stick with Mullins with a gelding who's been well backed already.

The 1.05 is the Royal Bond Novice Hurdle a Grade 1 contest won by many decent hurdlers including last season by Envoi Allen. Gordon Elliot looks to follow up with the highly promising Ballyadam and he'll surely be hard to beat following a facile victory at Down Royal and now joint favourite at 8/1 for the Supreme Novice Hurdle. Again he's already been well supported and I'll be disappointed if he's beaten.

Envoi Allen is big odds on to win the Baroneracing.com Drinmore Chase at 1.35 in the same colours as Ballyadam for Cheveley Park and he looks the real deal and it will be a bitter disappointment if he doesn't win again and win well.

Honeysuckle is the next big name to run in the 2.35 and she gets a very handy 7lb allowance as a mare from the rest of the field. At these weights she officially has 10lb and upwards in hand of these and I fully expect her to win this en route to another tilt at the Irish Champion Hurdle which she won last year. She now unbeaten in 9 races (including her Irish point victory) and is 4 from 4 at Fairyhouse. She's very hard to oppose.

I expect the above four all to win so maybe a win treble on SAINT SAM @ 11/8 888sport, BALLYADAM  @ 4/6 william hills & HONEYSUCKLE (below) @ 4/6 betvictor - a treble which pays just over 11/2. I'll leave Envoi Allen out only for the reason that it hardly makes a difference to the return at his odds.

Honeysuckle 800x600.png

2.05 Fairyhouse Last year 2nd MON LINO 11/1 corals 1/5 1-5 BOG  will be hard to keep out  of the places again this year only 3lb higher. Fresh from a couple of hurdle runs  really looks primed to do the business today  should be very hard to beat  and a cracking e/w play  at the mo  i think this horse may go off fav.

Sha Tin  fun selections
0445  -  9 Super Axiom     WON 11/8
0515  -  12 Blazing Partners  unplaced 
0545  -  1 Super Alliances  WON 17/2
0615  -  7 All For South  unplaced
0705  -  1 Decisive Action  unplaced
0740  -  10 Winning Steed  unplaced
0810  -  12 Sky Darci   WON 9/4
0840  -  11 Beluga   unplaced
0915  -  2 Perfect To Great  unplaced
0950  -  3 Shadow Hero  unplaced

Edited by ipswich45
results being added

205 fairy 

Mon lino   312 

Captain cj    310 

Scoir mear   306 

Roaring bull 306 

Long distance marathon so it's all a case of who will stay.....top 2 here are well treated and shoukd be able to run good races today ....nice prices so I'll play 

Captain cj 5pts ew 17/2 sky 6 places 

Mon lino 5pts ew 10/1 sky 6places 

305 fairy 

Eclair de Beaufort  284

Ciel de Niege 277

Eclair is thrown in here on chase form but can he reproduce that in this hurdles race for shrewd Gordon elliot ??...if not then possibly ciel de Niege could benefit 

Eclair de Beaufort 10pt ew 6/1 4places betfred 

Ciel de Niege 10pt ew 6/1 4 places betfred 

All prices Bet365:

12.10 Carlisle - 1pt e/w Speredek @ 8/1

12.20 Leicester - 1pt e/w Galidermes @ 16/1

1.12 Ffos Las - 2pts win Numitor @ 7/2 (Really happy to see this one going chasing, looks readymade for it)

1.20 Carlisle - 2pts win Honor Grey @ 7/2

1.42 Ffos Las - 1pt e/w On The Road @ 12/1

2.42 Ffos Las - 1pt e/w Sign of War @ 10/1

2.50 Carlisle - 1pt e/w Bafana Blue @ 16/1

One Trixie and some singles bets today.  My highest rated selection are almost all odds on so I will take a chance with the more riskier options (only one, Ector is 2nd top rated with its RPR)

1.42 Ffos Nocte Volatious (£2.50 win at 3/1)
3.13 Ffos Ector (£2.50 win at 9/4)
3.50 Ffos The Wire Flyer (£1 win at 11/2; great price if nothing else)

1 x £1 win = £4 Trixie with a poss return of £144.62

Total stakes of £10

3.05 Fairyhouse- Very tough open looking  GA Handicap but i think  owner JP McManus has a strong hand with 5 runners all have decent e/w chance  with   4 places  with a  few bookies i have gone for 2 e/w  CIEL DE NEIGE 13/2 & CAMPEADOR 18/1 4 places BOG  one each from the top Trainers in Ireland. The former has yet to win a race but only a mater of time while the later could be the surprise package in the race and is too big a price in my book,

Best of luck with your bets folks.

2.12 Ffos Le Coeur Net £4 win at 3.55 = Poss return of £10.

May go for Rath An luir in the 2.50 at Carl if this one fails.  apologies to @alancraikif I put the mockers on his selection

===================================================================================================

Well , no winners from my Trixie but my get out of jail bet paid off with Le Couer Net. 

Multiples loss = £4 Bal c/fwd £612.04 (Bank £800).  Top rated multiples no winners, bal fwd is (-£11.65)

Singles Net win £4 therefore bal c/fwd £150.18 (£400 Bank)

Very strange day where many of my top rated selections including three odds on favourites failed to win. Perhaps this is a blip. We'll see.

Four meetings tomorrow with forecast heavy going at Ayr.  I think I will look at the other three meetings first

Edited by The Equaliser
Results Update

13 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

2.12 Ffos Le Coeur Net £4 win at 3.55 = Poss return of £10.

May go for Rath An luir in the 2.50 at Carl if this one fails.  apologies to @alancraikif I put the mockers on his selection

Won nicely so I have got my money back already.  No need to back Rath An luir now but I sincerely hope that it wins ?

20 hours ago, andypandy23 said:

@Darranis the Aussie racing over now? Haven't seen you tip a few weeks.Going cold turkey lol

No it is still carrying on, but my intention back in March was to do it until football returned. I carried on because of the Spring Carnival, but with the hunter chase season just around the corner and the football stuff I just needed a break. At the very least I plan on doing the Aussie jumping action when it returns in March and we do have the good flat stuff around that time as well. It just comes down to time and if I can do it justice.