Ascot 150 

Chil chil   219 +2  6/1 willh

Dazzling dan 218 +1 7/1 betvic 

These 2 are a couple of points clear and fair odds so I'll play 

2x5pt wins 

225 ascot 

Game player   224 +3 

Silent attack   222 +1 

Game player looks a strong bet with andrea atzeni on board if he strip fit after an absence .... but silent attack has patchy form that would give him chances on a good day if he doesnt 

Game player  5pts win 5.7 betfair 

Silent attack 5pts win 22.0 betfair 

335 ascot 

Jeremiah  229  +1 6/1 will h

Koeman' 227 +1 16.0 betfair 

Not much between these 2 on paper do shoukd be a good race 

2x 5 pt wins 

• BillyHills changed the title to Racing Chat -Saturday 8th Aug

Never tipped so many big priced horses in my life, could be a long day!!

(And I've not done the Irish yet!!)

150 A: Graceful Magic 22/1
225 A: Silent Attack 25/1
300 A: Island Brave 25/1
350 H: Indian Creak 14/1
435 N: Toronto 14/1
455 H: Dandys Beano 14/1
540 N: Quloob 14/1
600 U: Justatenner 14/1

Just one will do?

The new season in Australia steps up a gear with the first Group 2 of the new campaign. This week we are at Flemington in Melbourne and Rosehill in Sydney and there are a few ex UK horses that I like.

Flemington R1 (3.05am)

I put South Pacific up last time and although he didn't win there was clear progression from his first start in Oz to that 2nd one for the Royal Ascot winner. 3rd up I think he can win and he is weighted to beat Exemplar who landed that contest last time.

South Pacific @ 6/5 with everyone

Flemington R5 (5.35am)

Rivet Delight was a Racing Post Trophy winner when trained over here and he ended up in Hong Kong, but failed to win over there. I did like his debut run in Australia though when he stayed on nicely to finish 4th. That was also his first run for a year and there should be more to come from him. 

Rivet Delight @ 5/1 with Betfair

Flemington R6 (6.15am)

A Group 3 down the straight here and I like the claims of Great Again. He has a great record over this trip having won half of his 10 starts over 1200m and he has finished 1st and 2nd in his two starts over course and distance. Crucially he loves soft ground which he is certainly going to get here. Even if it goes into the Heavy range he is 1/1 on a heavy track which was his course and distance victory. He was a good 3rd behind Viridine a couple of weeks ago and it's hard to see him not being in the frame at the very least.

Great Again @ 3/1 with everyone

Flemington R7 (6.55am)

Two ex UK horses here and they are both worth backing. Skyman caused a bit of a shock on his Australian debut, but he ran out an impressive winner over 1600m at Caufield. He now steps up in trip top 2000m and that should suit him even better and he won over that far at Sandown a year ago. He looks progressive. Martin Meade used to train Cadre Du Noir and his only win to date came at Newmarket last June. Although not winning again in 3 starts after that he should decent form and he was really good on his Australian debut. Heavy ground was a concern that day as former connections thought he needed better ground, but he was only just beaten at Moonee Valley on a Heavy 9. He steps up to 2000m from 1600m and he should improve for it as well. 

Skyman @ 15/8 with William Hill and Betfred

Cadre Du Noir @ 6/1 with William Hill

Rosehill R2 (3.25am)

Royal Banquet has won his last 4 starts and is clearly progressive, but this is his first start at a Saturday metro meeting and I prefer the chances of New King who used to be trained by John Gosden. His last start in the UK was when he bolted up at Sandown last June and he looked a promising horse that day. He has ended up in Australia though and made his first start since here 2 weeks ago. That came over 1300m which wasn't anywhere near far enough for him and his jockey wasn't hard on him at all. His 2 wins in the UK were over 1800m so even 1500m might be on the short side, but with the ground likely to make it a test I am hopeful this son of Frankel can still go close. 

New King e/w @ 17/2 with Betfred

Rosehill R6 (5.55am)

I was really impressed with Anders when he won over course and distance back in May and I think he can take this Listed contest. I think he beat a good horse in 2nd that day and they gapped the rest. He won a recent trial as well so he comes into this 1st run of the prep in good shape.

Anders @ 9/4 with everyone

Rosehill R7 (6.35am)

The Group 2 Missile Stakes is over 1200m and four of the last six runnings have been won by mares and I think it can be won by a mare again in the shape of Flit. Her record over 1200m is superb having never been out of the 1st 2 over that trip. She won a G2 over 1200m at Randwick in February and was 2nd over the same course and distance in another Group 2 in April on her last start. That first win was first up as well and we know she will handle soft or heavy ground. She has trialled well and looks to have a good chance.

Flit @ 9/2 with William Hill

Rosehill R9 (7.35am)

Another ex UK horse is one I like in this contest in the shape of Cristal Breeze. He won over 1200 at Canterbury 1st up in Oz and then ran in a good BM78 when finishing 2nd to Handspun. I like that form and he has had a trial since that run a month ago to keep him ticking over. He looks like he can continue to progress. I am also going to back Partners who comes here in really food form having won twice and then finishing 2nd last time. He's a duel course and distance winner and is 2/2 on a Heavy track should it get into that range. The winner last time had also been in good form so the form of that contest stacks up. 

Cristal Breeze N/R

Partners @ 5/1 with Bet365

One Trixie today for £1.50 = £6 = Poss Return of £60.31

2.50 Nm Aesthete 6/4
4.00 Nm Al Rufaa 7/4
4.25 Nm Aristocratic Lady 7/4

Other bets:

1.30 Hd So Beloved 50p ew at 18/1
4.00 Nm Bear Force One £1 win at 11/2
4.25 Hd So Sharp 50p ew at 16/1
5.10 Nm Data Protection £1 win at 11/2

= £6 on multiples

= £4 on singles

= Total of £10

Hopefully back later with lay bets

I am very pleased to report that having had the use of a bet365 £100 worth of credits I have used them up barring £1 and my Bet365 Account balance remains in tact with the extra £100 now included in my account for future betting purposes ?

Just two out of three again on my Trixie.  The double paid £14.44 less £6 outlay = £8.44 profit.  The balance C/Fwd is now £668.16 (Bank £800)

My singles sufferred again today only a non runner mitigating my £4 stake.  Hence a £3 loss on the day.  The balance is now £294.22 (Bank £400)

It seems that playing other horses against my multiple favourites is making my singles balance worsen.  I am going to be very careful about these bets in the future.  I may include singles on other races and also I have noticed that when I'm looking for lay bets in the lower grade races I quite often find what appears to be good ew selections at a decent price.  I will definitely include some of these.

Four good quality races at Salisbury, three at Thirsk and one at WIndsor tomorrow so will take a look at these

Edited by The Equaliser
Results Update

12.30 Haydock - 0.5pts e/w Fast Deal @ 16/1 Bet365

You have to take a leap of faith with this one as he's definitely not the easiest but is well handicapped on his best form and has had excuses in both his final run at 2 (did too much too soon in a handicap off a significantly higher mark than he races off today, beaten 6 lengths) and both soft ground and longer trips (raced freely) have cost him any real chance this season. As such, I think he's worth chancing back to conditions that we know suit - a mile, sharp track and decent ground. He's come down the weights for those poorer efforts so will give a go at a big price.

1.00 Haydock - 2pts win Kayewhykelly @ 7/1 Bet365

I think the favourite is short to complete the hattrick up in the weights again, the second favourite has never won on turf and is tricky to win with - all five wins have come by a neck or less - and the third favourite looks weighted to its best so I think the bet here is Kayewhykelly who is more unexposed than most and can definitely win off this mark. Shaped well from off the pace at Beverley on seasonal reappearance and should come on plenty for that. The extra half furlong here will definitely suit and is off a fair mark on some pieces of form over an insufficient 6f last season - looks quite a generous price.

1.50 Ascot - 1pt e/w Woven @ 11/1 Bet365

Isn't thrown in at the weights but is a hardy handicapper who'll enjoy conditions today and has looked a bit better since being gelded. Won at Meydan back in February with the likes of Chiefofchiefs and Summerghand in behind him and shaped well in two starts back on these shores this season. Ran very well on the wrong part of the track at Royal Ascot and the only horse to beat him (narrowly) on the far side won a handicap next time out. Woven then stayed on from the rear at Newmarket but should be easier to do so here, flatter track can suit and the better ground too. Likely to run well at a double figure price.

2.25 Ascot - 2pts win Kasbaan @ 11/2 Bet365

Has been running over 7f this season having done much of his racing over 1m2f but I think a mile is what he wants and has perfect conditions today. Stayed on without threatening from a poor draw here over 7f last time and just didn't have the pace to keep its place at Newmarket the time before in a hot race where it paid to be held up anyway. Is off a winnable mark and now getting ideal conditions for the first time in a while can land the spoils.

3.00 Ascot - 0.5pts e/w Island Brave @ 30/1 Bet365

I just think this is a big price for a horse who we know stays, can go close off this mark and will enjoy a decent gallop which he should get today. Has shaped okay this season to suggest he can be competitive and able to stay on when others have cried enough so at the prices is worth an each way tickle.#

3.35 Ascot - 1pt e/w Medal Winner @ 12/1 Bet365

Won readily on seasonal reappearance at Kempton suggesting this mark wouldn't be beyond him (Cape Cavalli was 3rd so the form was decent) and although a bit mixed since, races have been on ground with cut in it and I just wonder if he's a quick ground horse as his best form has come on sound surfaces. If so, can't really knock his form and can bounce back on better ground today.

5.40 Newmarket - 1pt win Quloob @ 17/2 Hills

Not sure what the yard are planning with this one next after the curious effort at Goodwood last week but this is significantly easier and if they give him half a chance by not going a crazy gallop with first time blinkers on, could make this price look silly. Market will probably give us a clue but is worth chancing at the current odds.

Dee Star ran well yesterday but the winner finally managed to win a race. I'm sure he will be back at Cartmel later in the month. Not a bad morning on the Aussie front with 3 winners including New King. There are 3 Aussie jumps races in the morning so I will preview them later today.

You may remember that I put Jack Snipe up last month at Stratford and he was 3rd over hurdles. He made the running that day, but just got a bit tired on his first start back. He's back over fences tonight, in the 7.00, which he is better over and he is well handicapped on his pointing form. He looks set to get an easy lead again and although the short price favourite has an obvious chance the race is pretty poor. With 6/1 freely available I think he looks a really solid e/w bet as at the very least he should hit the frame.

Jack Snipe e/w @ 6/1 with William Hill, Betfred and Betfair

On 8/7/2020 at 12:26 PM, richard-westwood said:

Ascot 150 

2x5pt wins 

225 ascot 

Game player   224 +3 

Silent attack   222 +1 

Game player looks a strong bet with andrea atzeni on board if he strip fit after an absence .... but silent attack has patchy form that would give him chances on a good day if he doesnt 

335 ascot 

2x 5 pt wins 

Silent attack none runner ...replace with kasbaan 

18 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

305 cork 

Strong johnson  228 +1 

Laugh a  minute 227 +1 

Ardhommey   224 

Ardhoomey has a weak jockey on so that leaves the other 2 clear at the top 

Strong Johnson 5pts win 4/1 betv

Laugh a minute 5pts win 12/1 betv 

Typical ...jockey was 0-17 on ardhoomey and suddenly comes good on the day ...bummer 

On 8/7/2020 at 12:26 PM, richard-westwood said:

Ascot 150 

2x5pt wins 

225 ascot 

Game player   224 +3 

Silent attack   222 +1 

335 ascot 

2x 5 pt wins 

Just the one winner chil chil ...35pts returned ....fight another day 

On 8/7/2020 at 1:18 PM, Striker said:

Good luck

2.40 Haydock-Fox Tal

Each Way @ 9-1 Bet Victor

Jockey change and fast ground convinces me to give the horse another chance

Though unplaced not a bad effort as ground was loose but he settled better and was put into the race and was one of the last off the bridle 

However in my opinion his ideal conditions are a big field heritage handicap where he will be towed into the race, forget these Group race attempts