** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Non-League Predictions > January 13th/14th

Darran

Not that many games this mid-week but I like 3 bets in the BetVictor Southern Premier Central over the next two nights.

Hitchin v Leiston

This game is tonight (Monday) and I am backing Leiston again here as I have done a few times of late. I thought they were on the short side for Saturday's game against AFC Rushden & Diamonds and they ended up losing 3-2 although they were 2-1 and only lost it in the 90th minute. It was another good performance though and it was more proof that they have improved a hell of a lot in the last 2/3 months. Hitchin should have won on Saturday as their opponents, Needham Market, goalkeeper was given man of the match as the game ended 0-0. I don't think there is much between these two sides at all and Leiston have been the better of late for me. Bet365's 21/10 about an away win looks value for me.

AFC Rushden & Diamonds v Needham Market

In a strange twist of fate the two teams who played the teams in the above bet also play each other this week and I like the home side here. Granted Needham have drawn 5 of their last 10 games, but they have only won twice and as I mention above they ought to have lost on Saturday. In their previous game they only beat Stratford 1-0 and they have picked up only 1 point in their last 9 games. Rushden have won their last 3 and have only failed to win in 3 of their last 10 games. I would make them a shade of odds on myself so 5/4 with Bet365 looks good.

Alvechurch v Kings Langley

This division has got some poor sides in it this season who have been losing plenty of games which is one of the reasons why it has been a profitable section for me this term. The home side are one of those sides having lost 8 of their last 9 games with the win a 3-2 victory over bottom of the table Redditch. Langley are in good form only losing 1 of their last 6 and they played really well on Saturday in a 2-2 with Peterborough Sports. They look a good price at 5/4 with Bet365.

Leiston 1pt @ 21/10 with Bet365

AFC Rushden & Diamonds 2.5pts @ 5/4 with Bet365

Kings Langley 2pts @ 5/4 with Bet365

Redditch v Stratford

I was close to putting up Stratford anyway, but I have made them a bet now because of the signings they made at the weekend. These two sides are rubbish, but Stratford have got Dan Sweeney in on loan from Solihull and he has done well when on loan in the National League North this season. He is going to be the best player on the pitch in this game and to be fair apart from the 5-0 hammering against Banbury they have only lost by 1 goal in their last 6 games. Redditch have conceded 32 goals in their last 10 games losing them all and scoring just 6. Stratford have only picked up 2 points on their travels, but they will know this is a must win tonight and I struggle to think they will be cautious. I really do think Stratford are the better side and at 8/5 with Betway I am happy to back them. This game is on a 3G pitch so it should get the go ahead.

Stratford 1pt @ 8/5 with Betway

Now that Storm ‘Arssehole’ is out the way and we’re currently experiencing Storm ‘Bet Bummer’, I’ve compiled a list (for non-league punters) of the next 24 storms in alphabetical order:

Storm Coupon Crusher

Storm Drizzle no bet

Storm Every time it rains (Pitch inspectors go insane)

Storm Fixture Failure

Storm Goodness gracious my spreadsheet is spacious

Storm Honey I shrunk the shortlist

Storm I don’t think we’ll make it to full-time

Storm Just the one game remaining

Storm Krone Killer (For non-league punters in the Danish sovereign wealth fund)

Storm Lost Lolly

Storm Money to the B 365

Storm No bet

Storm Off

Storm Push

Storm Questions need to be asked in parliament

Storm Refund

Storm Stakes returned

Storm Tarpaulin too much to ask for

Storm U gotta be kidding?!?!

Storm Void

Storm Why even bother if they’re not playing in the Tamplin Dome?

Storm X-pect the 1X messed with

Storm You only give (your stake to the same bet) twice

Storm Zealous over-use of the term ‘match abandoned’

23 hours ago, allthethings said:

The FA Trophy replays I'm watching are Concord, Kingstonian and Dorking. If the home sides are listed at 2.00 or below and the away dogs are listed at under 3.99, I'll be on the dogs outright.

Won with Dorking, lost with Kingstonian...sadly, two losses in League One made it a small profit today.

20 hours ago, Darran said:

Redditch v Stratford

I was close to putting up Stratford anyway, but I have made them a bet now because of the signings they made at the weekend. These two sides are rubbish, but Stratford have got Dan Sweeney in on loan from Solihull and he has done well when on loan in the National League North this season. He is going to be the best player on the pitch in this game and to be fair apart from the 5-0 hammering against Banbury they have only lost by 1 goal in their last 6 games. Redditch have conceded 32 goals in their last 10 games losing them all and scoring just 6. Stratford have only picked up 2 points on their travels, but they will know this is a must win tonight and I struggle to think they will be cautious. I really do think Stratford are the better side and at 8/5 with Betway I am happy to back them. This game is on a 3G pitch so it should get the go ahead.

Stratford 1pt @ 8/5 with Betway

Thanks for the tip ? reckon they worth following now? Tough game at weekend not sure one player will turn there fortunes around against bigger sides 

Good shout @DarranI actually went to the game and the game on saturday where Redditch got beat 0-3 with Rushall.  Last night could of been 7-8 - 0 Redditch are that bad I have been opposing them for the last 2 months and given me a very very good profit.  Do not be fooled though Stratford are also a very poor side and Dan Sweeney will do ok he is ok for the level but was very poor this season on loan at Bradford and Gloucester he was sent back by both clubs and scored 3 goals with 2 from the penalty spot for both Conf north clubs.  He played at Redditch for the first month when Redditch actually started the season well and he only scored 2 goals both in the same game a win at home to Lowestoft who they play on Saturday.

Stratford today lost the captain Ross Oulton who has signed for Barwell and they will find it very tough Sat away at Rushden.

20 hours ago, matty263 said:

Good shout @DarranI actually went to the game and the game on saturday where Redditch got beat 0-3 with Rushall.  Last night could of been 7-8 - 0 Redditch are that bad I have been opposing them for the last 2 months and given me a very very good profit.  Do not be fooled though Stratford are also a very poor side and Dan Sweeney will do ok he is ok for the level but was very poor this season on loan at Bradford and Gloucester he was sent back by both clubs and scored 3 goals with 2 from the penalty spot for both Conf north clubs.  He played at Redditch for the first month when Redditch actually started the season well and he only scored 2 goals both in the same game a win at home to Lowestoft who they play on Saturday.

Stratford today lost the captain Ross Oulton who has signed for Barwell and they will find it very tough Sat away at Rushden.

He actually did well for Bradford and wasn't bad for us either. I think Solihull recalled him so we could take him on loan rather than Bradford sending him back. Interestingly he admitted to banning himself from all bookies on Twitter the other day as he had a gambling problem.