** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Do PL tips really make a profit?

I followed the PL tips exactly for a week at £20 stake but lost money every single day so after 7 days and around £800 down I’ve stopped as lost confidence.

im happy to put about £5000 in to find an account to cover losses but only if it’s probable to work long term and make a profit!

Can any users please confirm they have been  following the PL tips exactly long term and it’s realky working for them?

51 minutes ago, Robinmgb said:

I followed the PL tips exactly for a week at £20 stake but lost money every single day so after 7 days and around £800 down I’ve stopped as lost confidence.

im happy to put about £5000 in to find an account to cover losses but only if it’s probable to work long term and make a profit!

Can any users please confirm they have been  following the PL tips exactly long term and it’s realky working for them?

I do find threads like this strange. So you’re basically questioning Punters Lounge integrity and are we making the results up?

There are a ton of members using the tips in different ways and if we published incorrect results, they’d jump all over us and rightly so.

Unlike so many other sites, we publish full results. Other sites just shout about winners, because they’re losing long term.

Profits go up and down, that’s the nature of betting.

Please also remember, our record is better than any other out there and the tips are completely free.

1 hour ago, Robinmgb said:

We had 18 winners last Saturday, people forget to mention those days.

Poor month in November but we are not claiming to be perfect:\

Sorry I didn’t mean to cause any offence or suggest anything is made up.

i just wanted to hear from some members who have followed the tips long term and had overall profits, having that confirmed will give me the confidence to continue instead of stopping after a single losing week as I have already done.

I really want to give this a few months and have a proper go at it, hope you understand, Robin 

@Robinmgb I think it's probably best to paper trade them for a while to work out what is best for you. Lots of members use them in different ways. We do intend to add such things as filters so you can search, what strike rate a certain price range is amongst other things, but it will be well into 2019 before we get to that.

I'm the Managing Director of Punters Lounge, so I'll always respond to threads like these as will @BillyHills who is our horse racing tipster. Unfortunately, we get a few trolls here and there who want to somehow find negatives and your post did come across that way. I do realise that's not the case now, so I'd suggest being careful with stakes as there's a LOT of tips and if you're backing every single one blindly, you'd need a huge bank.

We don't advise staking plans/starting banks because people do use them in different ways.

Many thanks for your help and replies.

i do understand results will be up and down but overall in the past they have ended being up with good profits, obviously the future results can’t be guaranteed but at least the chances look good. 

I do plan to back every tip and follow the tips  exactly without exception 

1 minute ago, Robinmgb said:

Many thanks for your help and replies.

i do understand results will be up and down but overall in the past they have ended being up with good profits, obviously the future results can’t be guaranteed but at least the chances look good. 

I do plan to back every tip and follow the tips  exactly without exception 

Then I'd suggest you do some research on betting banks and staking plans, because with that amount of tips you need a reflective bank/staking or you could get wiped out. 

8 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

I did point out to you that there was a losing run of £6,000 during April / May 2018 so the chances of losing runs of £800+ are quite likely.

Those horses at less than 4/1 have not made a profit.

Personally I back each way selections where extra places are available from the bookmakers and I've made good profits.

Thanks, I do remember and that's why I was planning to start with a £5000 bank, as long as I don't start with the worst 2 months then fingers crossed it should be enough!

Do you recommend not backing any winners under 4/1 then?

Do you not back any winners? would just backing the each ways daily at higher stakes (e.g £50) give better profits than following all tips in your opinion?

Thanks in advance, Robin

Hi all. I have recently been thinking of following the tips as the OP above. I don't doubt the figures off long term profit from the racing tips but because of that I was assuming there were a lot of people following them making it difficult to get the odds quoted and also likely that you would get gubbed by the bookies if you were successful in the long term and following a very well known tipping service. Is that the case or am I just overthinking it and not getting down to action? Thanks

I think most people use the tips as a base rather than following them blindly.

I have given some pointers but the data is available for you to download and decide what works best.

After many years in this game I do not believe there is any get rich quick scheme, you need to put some effort in yourself.

I did start yesterday, deposited £5000 with bet365 and pleased yesterday was off to a good winning start.

I have decided to back every tip at £20 and follow the tips exactly as it's proven to have worked and given good overall profit over the last 2 years or so, I don't see the point in selecting or messing around with my own system/changes when this has been a winning formula for so long.

I expect the problem will come with bet365 restricting my account! what do people normally do, just switch to another bookmaker and so on?

11 hours ago, Moop said:

Hi all. I have recently been thinking of following the tips as the OP above. I don't doubt the figures off long term profit from the racing tips but because of that I was assuming there were a lot of people following them making it difficult to get the odds quoted and also likely that you would get gubbed by the bookies if you were successful in the long term and following a very well known tipping service. Is that the case or am I just overthinking it and not getting down to action? Thanks

I think you’re overthinking it. Tipster services that you’re talking about are paid services and more importantly have very few selections. This means it’s easy for bookies to shorten those to minimise risk, but with our tips, it’s almost impossible because of the amount of tips.

30 minutes ago, Robinmgb said:

I did start yesterday, deposited £5000 with bet365 and pleased yesterday was off to a good winning start.

I have decided to back every tip at £20 and follow the tips exactly as it's proven to have worked and given good overall profit over the last 2 years or so, I don't see the point in selecting or messing around with my own system/changes when this has been a winning formula for so long.

I expect the problem will come with bet365 restricting my account! what do people normally do, just switch to another bookmaker and so on?

Bet365 restrictions are a bit of a myth. They restrict some punters for sure, but these are punters who are generally taking best price on everything they bet, but even that they’ve eased up on. These are generally arbers and no bookie likes those.

Not a myth unfortunately,trust me!.

I would agree that taking the best price on everything doesn't help,but i believe the SINGLE biggest reasons for gubbings are the taking up the offer of free bets.

To be fair to Bet 365 i did do the 4/1 Channel 4 race offers for a couple of years and won thousands before they stopped me,but if you consistently take free bets from anyone you will ultimately lose your account (whether you are a winning punter or not)..

3 hours ago, Robinmgb said:

Time will tell what happens with bet365.

I’ve now decided to give this a real go so deposited another £3000 yesterday to make an £8000 bank and I’m backing all tips at £30 stakes.

Anyone else on here do that and back at larger than £20 stakes?

1. Why put all your money with one bookmaker ? Spreading it around gives you a chance of accessing better odds if Bet365's are not so good.

2. Why not start off with a much lower level of stake - say £2 then increase as you are profitable at each level. So be profitable at £2 then go up to £3, be profitable at £3 and then go up to £4 and so on until you get to a level of £20; thereafter increase stakes by reference to a percentage of your bank, say 1/250. That way if you are losing early on you lose a lot less and if you are winning you can acquire the confidence necessary to be a successful punter in the long run.

I think Alastair has hit it on the head there. Going on the profitability alone of PL tips I'd be using big stakes but as happened last month, there was a bad month. This is what we can't predict so a bank of 300pts+ would be my personal preference. When I started backing PL tips I caught them at a good time, quickly making £1,000+ from £7 bets, I could have easily lost the same amount. From there I went up to £10 and then £12.50 within the space of 3 months, making sure I made a decent profit at each staking level. That's my two cents :)

5 hours ago, Alastair said:

1. Why put all your money with one bookmaker ? Spreading it around gives you a chance of accessing better odds if Bet365's are not so good.

2. Why not start off with a much lower level of stake - say £2 then increase as you are profitable at each level. So be profitable at £2 then go up to £3, be profitable at £3 and then go up to £4 and so on until you get to a level of £20; thereafter increase stakes by reference to a percentage of your bank, say 1/250. That way if you are losing early on you lose a lot less and if you are winning you can acquire the confidence necessary to be a successful punter in the long run.

Edited by Robinmgb
My mistake, I didn’t mean to quote and reply

Strike Rate

(%)

Anticipation of Sequences

Expected

(75% chance)

50:50

(50% chance)

Unlikely

(25% chance)

V. Unlikely

(<1% chance)

3 83 105 132 235
4 69 86 106 185
5 59 73 90 153
6 52 64 78 130
7 46 57 68 113
8 42 51 61 101
9 38 47 56 91
10 35 43 51 82
11 33 40 47 75
12 30 37 44 69
13 29 34 41 64
14 27 32 38 60
15 25 30 36 56
16 24 29 34 53
17 23 27 32 50
18 22 26 30 47
19 21 25 29 45
20 20 24 28 42
21 19 23 26 40
22 18 22 25 39
23 17 21 24 37
24 17 20 23 35
25 16 19 22 34
26 15 19 21 33
27 15 18 21 31
28 14 17 20 30
29 14 17 19 29
30 13 16 19 28
31 13 16 18 27
32 12 15 17 26
33 12 15 17 25
34 12 14 16 24
35 11 14 16 24
36 11 13 15 23
37 11 13 15 22
38 10 13 15 21
39 10 12 14 21
40 10 12 14 20
41 9 12 13 20
42 9 11 13 19
43 9 11 13 19
44 9 11 12 18
45 8 11 12 18
46 8 10 12 17
47 8 10 11 17
48 8 10 11 16
49 8 10 11 16
50 7 9 11 15
51 7 9 10 15
52 7 9 10 15
53 7 9 10 14
54 7 8 10 14
55 6 8 9 14
56 6 8 9 13
57 6 8 9 13
58 6 8 9 13
59 6 8 9 12
60 6 7 8 12
61 5 7 8 12
62 5 7 8 11
63 5 7 8 11
64 5 7 8 11
65 5 7 7 11
66 5 6 7 10
67 5 6 7 10
68 5 6 7 10
69 4 6 7 10
70 4 6 7 9
71 4 6 6 9
72 4 6 6 9
73 4 5 6 9
74 4 5 6 8
75 4 5 6 8
76 4 5 6 8
77 3 5 6 8
78 3 5 5 8
79 3 5 5 7
80 3 5 5 7
81 3 4 5 7
82 3 4 5 7
83 3 4 5 7
84 3 4 5 6
85 3 4 4 6
86 3 4 4 6
87 2 4 4 6
88 2 4 4 6
89 2 4 4 5
90 2 3 4 5

Sorry i meant to add, use the above table to determine how to bet going forward.First of all you will need to know the win strike rate of the Punters Lodge selections(sorry i can't help you there).

if for example the PL win strike rate is 25%,the table above indicates you have a 1% chance of hitting a losing sequence of 34 selections at some point...hope this helps!

19 minutes ago, Systemight said:

Sorry i meant to add, use the above table to determine how to bet going forward.First of all you will need to know the win strike rate of the Punters Lodge selections(sorry i can't help you there).

if for example the PL win strike rate is 25%,the table above indicates you have a 1% chance of hitting a losing sequence of 34 selections at some point...hope this helps!

From 1st August 2016 to 31st October 2018, the stats are as follows for Top Rated Tips only, which is the majority anyway.

Profit/loss: 23,547.73

Yield: 4.23%

Total Stakes: 556,820.00

Strike Rate: 27.83%

1st November onwards are on the new platform but above is a huge sample to work on. ;) 

Intriguing topic which I have been following with interest.  The profit shown is based on getting a BOG for each selection with Bet365 at around 5pm each evening when for most races very few other bookies have formed a market. This is a popular site and can you imagine if everybody piled on the selections with Bet365 at 5pm each day then the prices would collapse in seconds and there would be many accounts closed.

This is an excellent site to use to supplement overall knowledge of betting strategy but I strongly advise anyone who has dreams of making profits by following blindly all the selections to think very carefully and only use money they can afford to lose.

Personally I have used the trends published for big races which is producing nice returns. But I reiterate do not gamble with money you can't afford to lose. If you are gambling with money you can't afford to lose then you have a serious problem and need to walk away and maybe even seek some help.

Edited by Old codger
Spelling

28 minutes ago, Old codger said:

Intriguing topic which I have been following with interest.  The profit shown is based on getting a BOG for each selection with Bet365 at around 5pm each evening when for most races very few other bookies have formed a market. This is a popular site and can you imagine if everybody piled on the selections with Bet365 at 5pm each day then the prices would collapse in seconds and there would be many accounts closed.

This is an excellent site to use to supplement overall knowledge of betting strategy but I strongly advise anyone who has dreams of making profits by following blindly all the selections to think very carefully and only use money they can afford to lose.

Personally I have used the trends published for big races which is producing nice returns. But I reiterate do not gamble with money you can't afford to lose. If you are gambling with money you can't afford to lose then you have a serious problem and need to walk away and maybe even seek some help.

@Old codger - 110% agree on gambling awareness, we’re all quite strong on that point here at Punters Lounge. :ok 

I just want to correct you on all tips are advised at bet365, because that’s not accurate.

Tips are now on our new platform and because of odds development, we’re generally only using bet365 for now. Historically we have used other bookmakers too, it's just that Bet365 are the quickest to put odds up for racing every single day.

An interesting point is that we are likely to be not always putting up best prices available, hence the results could well be even better.

During 2019 we are totally focused on odds development to widen the choice of bookmakers, without using tiny bookmakers where a tenner would collapse the price. ;) 

We very much hope to have a full odds comparison with integrated betting by the end of June, which will of course be awesome. :ok 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2018 at 10:52 AM, Sir Puntalot said:

I think you’re overthinking it. Tipster services that you’re talking about are paid services and more importantly have very few selections. This means it’s easy for bookies to shorten those to minimise risk, but with our tips, it’s almost impossible because of the amount of tips.

Thanks Sir Puntalot, 

I am interested in following the accumulators and was looking at the profit loss record. I was trying to understand some of the entries - for example 12/12/17 the profit for the winning treble is only £25. This is the profit for this sole accumulator not the running total. Is this because of non-runners, each way bets? 

Cheers

Moop