** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Premier League Predictions > Dec 4th & 5th

36 minutes ago, yossa6133 said:

Anyone else think Jose will be sacked if/when they get smashed by Arsenal tonight? Looking at the next manager odds, Eddie Howe is 33/1, tempting?

i'll have a bit of that yossa-he would be my pick as his teams play attractive football, he gets the best out of players and recruits well. None of these apply to Mourinho but is he a big enough name?

2 hours ago, Mindfulness said:

I think the latest reports said February but I would take any opening date with a pinch of salt.

@thfc may know more.

The stadium needs to have two test events before it can be used for PL games.  Last I knew neither of these have been arranged yet.  February may be optimistic to be open, but nobody really knows and the club are being very quiet about it.  Further news is supposed to come out of the club at some point in December.  It wouldn't surprise me if we carried on at Wembley all season as there doesn't seem much point rushing to get it open with half a season gone.

1 hour ago, yossa6133 said:

Anyone else think Jose will be sacked if/when they get smashed by Arsenal tonight? Looking at the next manager odds, Eddie Howe is 33/1, tempting?

I think Jose is very close.

The fact is the football is crap, and they are way off Champions League contention. If he goes I think Zidane is the man for the rest of the season. If United did'nt take a chance on Giggs, to me it's unlikely they will take a shot on Howe. Personally, I would like to see Potch in charge. He has a quiet dignity, and calmness, with a touch of class.

At some stage Arsenal are going to start a game quickly, and if they do it tonight, they could blow United away. Gonna be very interesting.

Edited by neilovan

Match Report

BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION 3-1 "That lot from up the road"

Well I was way off the mark with my predictions, although I did say Palace would probably not match their performance from the weekend.

It was a cracking game, and I am pleased to say that there was no trouble, with the away end very subdued after 45mins. To be fair, I think that if the Palace fans thought their team could get back into it, they would have been more encouraging & vocal.

But for me, it was a tale of 2 clubs & how they have developed.

Brighton's recruitment has been terrific over the last few seasons, and the new recruits Bernardo, Andone & Bassouma all shone last night. Their work rate and passion was what was needed to win this game, and they took it to Place from the off. On the other hand, and worryingly for Palace fans, they don't seem to have moved on from last season. There is no goal threat, no desire, no passion, and if you can't show that in a game like this, then you get a fair idea of where you are at. Everything was chanelled through Zaha in the 2nd Hal, but he really looked like he couldn't be bothered. To be honest, he would be better off in panto this Christmas, because that's how he treated the game last night. Hodgson, didn't make any changes at half time, either in personnel or tactics. I mean, come on Roy, your 3-0 down at half time, in a Derby, against 10 men!

To be fair, it was an uncharacteristic performance from Palace, they have always been a team to give 100%, fight for everything & break with speed.

This was Brighton's best perorance since the 3-1 Home win against United.

For Palace, I have said that there are 3 worst teams than them this season, which will have meant safety. But on last nights showing & with Cardiff & Fulham playing well, and Burnley due a change of form/manager, then it's going to be a worrying time for the Nigel's 

40 minutes ago, waynecoyne said:

i'll have a bit of that yossa-he would be my pick as his teams play attractive football, he gets the best out of players and recruits well. None of these apply to Mourinho but is he a big enough name?

If he was called Eduardo Suarez, he would be managing a top 4 club!

Dont forget that he also built the Burnley side that Dyche took up to the Prem.

I would love to see him at a big club. The added bonus is that Bournemouth will revert to type, and be back in L2 before you know it:loon 

2 hours ago, yossa6133 said:

Think there is a new managers thread for such things, it's worth starting a sub-thread on the Man U job. He isn't going to turn it around any time soon.

Dyche could be in trouble soon. I spoke to a Burnley fan today, and although he signed a 7 year deal, he is failing to motivate the players now. A loss tonight, and a poor result against a rampant(!) Brighton side, could put him firmly under pressure.

1 hour ago, Tiffy said:

Match Report

BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION 3-1 "That lot from up the road"

Well I was way off the mark with my predictions, although I did say Palace would probably not match their performance from the weekend. (Clutching at straws)

It was a cracking game (Citation needed), and I am pleased to say that there was no trouble, with the away end very subdued after 45mins. To be fair, I think that if the Palace fans thought their team could get back into it, they would have been more encouraging & vocal.

But for me, it was a tale of 2 clubs & how they have developed. (It's like reading Dickens, only, not)

Brighton's recruitment has been terrific over the last few seasons, and the new recruits Bernardo, Andone & Bassouma all shone last night. Their work rate and passion was what was needed to win this game, and they took it to Place from the off. On the other hand, and worryingly for Palace fans, they don't seem to have moved on from last season. (He's right, they're still in the Premier League) There is no goal threat, no desire, no passion, and if you can't show that in a game like this, then you get a fair idea of where you are at. Everything was chanelled through Zaha in the 2nd Hal, but he really looked like he couldn't be bothered. To be honest, he would be better off in panto this Christmas, because that's how he treated the game last night. Hodgson, didn't make any changes at half time, either in personnel or tactics. I mean, come on Roy, your 3-0 down at half time, in a Derby, against 10 men! (Leave Roy alone)

To be fair, it was an uncharacteristic performance from Palace, they have always been a team to give 100%, fight for everything & break with speed.

This was Brighton's best perorance?!?! since the 3-1 Home win against United.

For Palace, I have said that there are 3 worst teams than them this season, which will have meant safety. But on last nights showing & with Cardiff & Fulham playing well, and Burnley due a change of form/manager, then it's going to be a worrying time for the Nigel's (I'm mainlining Chamomile as I read this)

Enjoy your victory @Tiffy, it is a game that will live in infamy. But just remember that's all it was: a game, one game, it'll take a lot more than that to crush the spirit of the red & blue army.

12 hours ago, waynecoyne said:

With man utd's issues at centre back (playing midfielders like mctominay and matic in that position) i will take a chance on shkodran mustafi's goal minutes at 4. He has only 1 in 14 this season but averages around 1 in 10 for Arsenal.

mustafi on 26,

22 pts profit

Edited by waynecoyne

On 05/12/2018 at 12:04 PM, yossa6133 said:

Think there is a new managers thread for such things, it's worth starting a sub-thread on the Man U job. He isn't going to turn it around any time soon.

Dyche could be in trouble soon. I spoke to a Burnley fan today, and although he signed a 7 year deal, he is failing to motivate the players now. A loss tonight, and a poor result against a rampant(!) Brighton side, could put him firmly under pressure.