** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

The Masters Tips & Predictions 2018

Sir Puntalot

Never known a masters where so many of the top players are in good form, could literally make a strong case for a dozen players. Would be great to see Tiger win it, I'm also a massive fan of Rose and Mickelson. At slightly bigger odds I am going to be backing Paul Casey and Alex Noren. They have both been in excellent form in their recent pga tour events and I think both of them are ready to win their maiden major. I also like the chances of Brian Harman at 66/1, has been in excellent form this season having finished in the top 10 7 times from 11 starts, was also very much in contention for the final major of last year. I think he's definitely a good each way bet especially with sky offering 10 places and most other firms offering 8 places. 

I know he's in good form since his recovery, but surely Tiger has to be layed here? Even a place lay is value galore. How the hell he is favourite because of a couple of good finishes is beyond me. Agreed, this is Tiger's course but a major is full of quality and Tiger in around favouritism is absolutely bonkers! He's got a lot to prove that he's even half the player he was.

Ok the trends tell us that:

Winner will be under 40 years old
Finished in Top 30 previously
In the worlds top 30
Made the cut last year
Had Top 10 this season

Cuts it down to about a dozen players from the top 30, I quite like the stat that 5 of the last 7 winners had finished at least 30th the year before and from this I have Fowler, Thomas and Rahm.

Thomas has had 5 top 10's this season compared to Fowler and Rahm who have two each.

Selection

Justin Thomas 11/1 Paddy Power (EW 8 places)

As alluded to in some of the above posts, those players at the top end of the market all boast leading claims; McIlroy and Speith look rock solid like favourites for me.

I'm taking a punt on Paul Casey at 20/1 (each way, 10 places); produced under par performances on my adjusted par ratings on his last 3 starts at Augusta (-7.0, -7.5, -6.6) and has decent recent form scoring -9.8 and -6.4 on his last two strokeplay starts

Really looking forward to this main bet is Spieth im on e/w @ 14/1 1-8 1/5 35 e/w  he loves it here and  usually always  a big player in any major always performs on the big stage  price is shot too bits now but at 14s he was a solid e/w bet imo. Matsuyama i got 35/1 e/w 1-8 will win a major just of matter of when another strong minded player you like to have on your side last one is the enigmatic Rickie Fowler a player that frustrates me soooo much gets himself in good positions only to disappoint .Flatters to deceive im on e/w  at 25s he well capable of winning this but also of missing cut you never know with Tricky Rickie.

Woods i dont fancy at all a lot of people saying Justin Thomas but wouldnt touch him at around 11/1 way to short in my eyes i can see why  Buba is popular but i cant see him getting his 3 win here  and i cant have Dustbin Johnson im just not a fan of his and besides 12/1 again way to short im much happier being on Spieth at 14s e/w any day of the week. Cant do a write up without a mention for Rory McIlroy i think he will go very close  but again i think Spieth is/was better value but have done dual FC on Rory with Spieth, Matsuyama & Fowler for small stakes.

Good Luck All

Bubba Watson arrives as the man in form having won twice this season including a spectacular success in the Dell-Tech Match Play two weeks ago when he blew everyone away. The double Green Jacket winner has all the assets for Augusta , he hits it long, is left-handed and has sharpened up his short game"

Bet365 16/1 e/w 

• 6 months later...