Naps Competition - Thursday Dec 21st

345 Exeter

Market Road 7/2 Betfred/Sky/Betway 

Amateur Riders races is not usually on top of my list of races to look at but I do like the chances of Market Road here who will be ridden bu the trainers daughter Isabel Williams. Last time out there is no doubt she got into the wrong place early on and never recovered and ended up running on when it was all over. I trust she will not make the same mistake twice and in fact i'm sure she will make amends on that score, whether the horse will be good enough is another question.

The paper favourite is Gonnabegood who we beat by 27 lengths here the last time we met, 7lbs worse off now so happy to try and confirm the placings here.

7.00 Dundalk

Oor Jock @ 25/1 Betfred

Last CD run was in February when he was 3/1 and beat Red All Stars by 3/4L he's 2lb better off today, he's 25's, Red All Stars is as short as 7's and has a worse draw.  Back to 6f  for the first time In 7 races which is good as his 3 AW 6f runs this year have seen him finish 212.  Third run for new stable tonight after running over 1m and 7f, perhaps more significant is the reapplication of blinkers which have been on for his last 5 wins but not his last two races,

Exeter 2:40 Travertine. @ 6/1 WH win thanks 

Travertine....from Jonjo O'Neill yard he was bought by Michael Tabor, John Magnier & Derrick Smith for the flat turf racing before Niall Madden took him over for NH and bought by JP McManus but with 13 runs for yard and only winning once JP the owner decided to sent him over to UK to Jonjo O'Neill only six days ago but his last race was 112 days ago,

Its hard to saw how fit he is but I would think he's at a descent standard for new yard to enter him so soon to race but worth a chance although distance may be a bit short as it was 3m in handicap Hurdle he won at Listowel off 109 mark , he's off 117 today and Aidan Coleman in saddle for first time