** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

March 27 - April 2

Sasha Zverev to beat (-1.5 sets) John Isner at 2.60 with Pinnaclesports

Sasha is very mutch underrated here. I see no changes in any department for Big John since last season when he had lots of bad losses. Last weeks 2-0 loss to Gael Monfils rings alarm bells here and Sasha is about as good as Gael Monfils right now and he's shown he can handle Big John before. He'll beat this servebot american again by 2-0 as he did last season in Shanghai. Different, slower hardcourt surface this time and Sasha has an even bigger chance to score a straight sets victory. Only homeadvantage isn't enough for Big John, he's got to have a better all court game to beat a guy like Sasha and it's just not there right now.

Diego Schwartzman to beat (+4.0) David Goffin at 1.94 with Pinnaclesports

Got to try this as Diego beat David in Antwerpen last season and it seems as Diego is hot right now with his two confidence bringing victories so it's best to pick him while he's running wild. David eventually broke down the barbados native Darian King but not without difficulties and those difficulties and more he will face today also. No player is easy to break down if in form as I think Diego is right now so this should be a tougher match then the odds suggests.

Mannarino - Berdych 5.2

I cannot believe to Berdych. He has played great tennis in Miami but I think French tennis style will disgust him. Mannarino is better and better in matches with Berdych. And I think Berdych is in the age where is hard to stabilize form. One dfay grat tennis, another ugly.

am i the only one who thinks sock at 3.50 is a bit high? think he has a bigger chance than what the odds suggest ....

kyrgios zverev should be interesting

federer berdych, federer playing well i think this will be another chapter in berdych history of flops against top oposition 

and fogini-kei , kei took a mto yesterday and apparently he's got some issue with his knee, also he hasn't. been solid so far... 

any thoughts on the QFs?

Back after a bit of a hiatus, 

Fabio to win a set @5/6 with Bet Fair Sport

Watched Kei play yesterday and it was an almighty struggle for him, he was very up and down and made far too many unforced errors. His movement looked lethargic and the temperatures didn't help either. He has another afternoon match scheduled for today which shouldn't make things any easier conditions wise. Apart from this, he also took a medical time out with what seemed to be a knee injury. If Delbo had not choked big time in the 3rd, Kei wouldn't even be here. Meanwhile Fabio has been playing really well at Miami from what I can see and hear. I see this being a struggle for Kei and could easily see a three setter here, going for the safer option in case clown Fabio has a brain fade. 

34 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

@Czech - What are your thoughts on the ladies matches? Kerber and Konta look good for wins I reckon

Konta/Halep looks uncallable to me, Halep seems to be on the rise at the moment. Was thinking about Kerber myself, but my issue is that she's yet to defeat someone as strong as Venus in this season, the pressure seems to be getting to her in such matches for some reason. I might have a live bet of some sort, but not a pre-match one.

3 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Back after a bit of a hiatus, 

Fabio to win a set @5/6 with Bet Fair Sport

Watched Kei play yesterday and it was an almighty struggle for him, he was very up and down and made far too many unforced errors. His movement looked lethargic and the temperatures didn't help either. He has another afternoon match scheduled for today which shouldn't make things any easier conditions wise. Apart from this, he also took a medical time out with what seemed to be a knee injury. If Delbo had not choked big time in the 3rd, Kei wouldn't even be here. Meanwhile Fabio has been playing really well at Miami from what I can see and hear. I see this being a struggle for Kei and could easily see a three setter here, going for the safer option in case clown Fabio has a brain fade. 

In light of all the facts/rumours about Nishikori's fitness, it can only be of negative assistance to the punter with a man like Fognini on the other side of the net. A brain fade really is Fognini losing hands down 2-0 in such a match. Best left for inplay purposes only.

Yes, apart from just the injury rumours, it is also the fact that Fabio has had a good tourney so far while Kei has really struggled. I watched Kei yesterday and he was shockingly bad. Delbo only has himself to blame for not putting Kei away. That is the reason I'm going in favour of Fabio for a set handicap, but as you say, Fabio is a highly unpredictable player to bet on, ideally should be left alone along with the usual suspects such as Klizan and Paire. Just keeping my fingers crossed that a motivated Fabio turns up. 

terrible tournament for me , but sad to see kei losing like this... every time he has a decent chance to win a big tournament he gets injured...

well just hoping sock can save the day, think he has a real chance against nadal. yesterday he just managed to get one bp against mahut... and that's pretty poor. socks completely in form and him winning at least a set and winning the match are my bets for tonight... 

good luck

Back Fabio Fognini to beat Rafael Nadal at 5.00 with Skybet

There's no doubt that Nadal is the favourite here, but come on, 5.00? He's not the best player in the world anymore, you know, and he's most certainly not playing his best tennis nowadays. Fognini is, on the other hand, and you just know that he'll be up for this one. I'll chance the Italian at odds this big.

Back Nick Kyrgios to beat Roger Federer at 2.50 with Skybet

This match didn't happen in Indian Wells, but it is very likely to happen in Miami and I don't see why Kyrgios should be such an underdog. He's playing his best tennis at the moment and he's always motivated against the big guys, while Federer had to save match points against Berdych after blowing a big lead in the decider. The Swiss number one seems to be drifting away a bit - and Kyrgios can take advantage of that in my opinion.

a bad loss for kyrgios, 5-4 up in the last tie break and losses both points on serve... miami crowd was a disgrace, i can't understand how they booed kyrgios when he gave his best

and after playing two hours yesterday and three today it seemed RF was ready to play another 3 more hours, really impressive for someone who is 35 yo...

8 hours ago, Sm0k3rZ said:

whats the opinion on the mens final? i saw nadal vs fognini..its fair to say the italian didnt show up and hence a walk in the park for nadal. RF should certainly be running out to steam by now? 

Yeah, one would think so, but he somehow managed to get past both Berdych and Kyrgios despite being in tough situations both matches. One day off as well, so he'll get some rest. Currently, I'm leaning slightly towards Nadal due to the odds, but not decided yet.