** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Monthly Naps Comp, Tuesday 22nd March 2016

Exeter 4.10 - Drop Out Joe 15/2 Paddy Power EW (if all 8 remain but win only if one drops out - if thats allowed!)

This horse was progressive in the Autumn on the better ground winning at Chepstow and following up in the Badger Ales before having a break from the bad ground and running a stinker at Donny after the rain had arrived. Whilst the going was officially soft in the Badger Ales his trainer reported that he just about got away with it and if I remember rightly the heavens had opened either the day before or on the day of his Donny disappointment giving him an excuse for running so badly.

The ground tomorrow is back to being good and he is at his optimum trip. Whilst his stable could be in better knick and that should be a concern, tomorrow will see him return to his ideal conditions and I expect him to return to form and show this price to be all wrong especially as there are more than enough question marks over most of the opposition.

410- Exeter: Three Faces West 2/1 Bet365

Best race of the day by a mile and i'm going for the unexposed Hobbs/Johnson horse Three Faces West. 

Was a fair hurdler over 2m4f but was always going to improve for a stamina test so i have high hopes he can outrun his mark over 3m on a stiff track like this. Will also be much better on this ground and couldn't quicken at Huntingdon on heavy behind Buckhorn Timothy. Last time was brushed aside by another improving sort but more importantly jumped well and is gaining experience.

A few disappointing sorts line up here who have ability on their day but are becoming unreliable and the danger looks to be the tip weight Drop Out Joe but he needs a personal best.

Southwell 3.30 Blades Lad (15/8 skybet)

It's impossible to get away form Blades Lad here. Since 2009 he has run 9 times on the all weather and his record reads R9 W4 P3. All of those wins and places have come here at Southwell from 8 runs. His course and distance record reads R5 W2 P2 and the class is added to that we get R4 W2 P2. Not exactly the most original selection but as I said impossible to get away from  

Ex 3.40 - Thomas Crapper - win at 4/1 bog bet365

Novice chase

My horse hasn't won a chase yet after 10 attempts, but he's finished 2nd 5 times so he's due !. Not averse to winning as he's won 4 times over hurdles so he's not ungenuine. Appears to go well on stiff tracks

Might have a chance today against two penalised runners

The favourite tends to win on sharp left hand tracks and hasn't run for 5 months but he was the best of these over hurdles. Earned his penalty by finishing alone in a two horse race then finished 2nd to a heavily eased down winner last time out

The other fancied one, Port Melon, won over 3 miles and stamina looks his strong suit so not sure this big drop in trip will suit