** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Monthly Naps Comp, Monday 21st March 2016

Taun 2.40 - Camakasi - ew at 66/1 bog betvictor

Novice hurdle

As often happens in these novice races there's only 3 runners in single figures and I'm looking for weaknesses which might keep them out of the first 3. Two of them have penalties and all of them have recent form on soft ground which is the basis of their market position. Now that the ground has come up Good, Good To Firm In Places the recent form might not stand up

My selection is quite a big outsider and has run poorly in 3 novice hurdles, all on soft ground.

There is a doubt over his stamina for the winter game but he appeared to get 10F on the Flat and that's usually the hallmark of a horse that can get 2 miles over hurdles. Decent ground and a sharp track should help

If he gets the trip then he could leave his previous hurdles form behind. He's rated 82 on the Flat and his best form was on Good and good to Firm.......including his last run on the level when he was a close up 3rd in a class 3 handicap, beaten under a length

Obviously I'm pinning quite a lot of hope on the changing ground as we move into spring.......this could be one of my tactics over the next month !

But when you're plucking out 66/1 shots there's bound to be some doubts around them .......

320 Southwell: Monkhouse 13/8 Bet365

Kim Bailey's decent bumper horse made a good impression on his first run over hurdles back in December. He was 3rd to the useful Le Prezien after leading at the second last. He was beaten 12 lengths in the end and has been put away since to avoid the worst of the winter ground. The form since then has been boosted a couple of times, the winner went on to land a Grade 2 contest and even the 5th horse came out and won.

The young jockey won on him on the flat so thats not a worry and looks to have the Tom George horse to beat, but he was put in his place at Musselburgh last time. Sandygate pulled up last time but does have one piece of useful form and needs watching.