Monthly Naps Competition, Tuesday 8th December 2015

210 Footwell: Alternatif 11/4 888sport

David Pipe only had two winners in December and surely this yard must come good soon. A lot of the horse have ran ok including Alternatif at Cheltenham last time out. He was very good third to Knock House under claimer David Noonan, only beaten 5 lengths.

Tom Scudamore takes over today and i think this horse with only two chase starts since coming from France has a bit more to offer and his mark of 133 is a workable one. Good race today but ought to be winning in this company if he is to fulfil his potential.

S2.00 Welliesinthewater 20/1 Betvictor

This horse has a course win to its name when staying on well over a furlong shorter so this trip could be ideal. The horse is 5lb higher now but won well enough at Doncaster since that course victory to suggest the horse could be competitive off this mark. Tony Hamilton isn't a jockey I side with very often but he does at least have a good strike rate at the course and I'd still prefer him over Donohoe who has been riding the horse recently.

Uttox 1.20 - Verano - win at 5/2 bog bet365

Handicap hurdle

My selection has a course win to his name, comes from a yard in form, finished 2nd last time, handles soft going. He also gets a bit further if it becomes a test of stamina in the ground

Doesn't look badly handicapped being 7lbs above last win which was by over 4 lengths and is a young horse who might be improving merely by staying alive and getting older

3.30 Southwell

La Estrella has to be respected back around here on the back of lesser efforts on tapeta and may need a drop back into seller and claimers over the winter to get his record win.

Serenity Now has been in good form recently over hurdles, he also goes well around here but does return here 6lb above last winning mark but sure to go well.

Sinakar is lightly raced 2 good efforts recently look good recent form in this grade but yet to try this surface which is always a worry.

Northside Prince was beaten 1/2length by Frosty Berry last time out over 2f shorter around here, he has a 3lb turnaround in the weights and is the obvious front runner in this. He is well handicapped on his very best form but he has become very unreliable these days.

Frosty Berry has taken a drift in the market today as he did do dramatically last time out when falling out of the stalls and being outpacedat the start. She faced the kickback really well and stormed down the homestraight to win a tad cosily, obviously 6lb higher today makes things tougher but the 2f step up in trip is no problem and looked better and better the further they went last time out if in the same form could prove hard to beat. Also not drawn in the deathbox around here today like last time out.

1pt win Frosty Berry 8/1 BetVictor

2.40 Fontwell  ASHKOUN  looks weighted to go well off a mark of 102, as the headgear is applied today and that could see him find a little bit of improvement.  I feel the ground will be ok, so with no trip worries I feel he is more than capable of being involved in the finish of this race.

1pt win 8/1 BetVictor BOG