** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Monthly Naps Competition, Monday 12th October 2015

4.40 Sedgefield - Sendiym win @ 3/1 Bet365

Looks to have a fair bit in his favour today. He's 4 from 9 at Sedgefield and has only been out of the frame on 2 of those 9 occasions so obviously has a liking for the course. He is 1lb below his last winning mark and runs off the same mark as he had lto which was a good second here. He was beaten by the in form The Backup Plan from the McCain yard and his representative today, Court Of Law, has a similar profile so wouldn't be surprised if that one runs well. However Court Of Law has been beaten by Sendiym over hurdles and has finished well down the field in his 2 Sedgefield runs, admittedly they were a while ago, so perhaps Sendiym holds the advantage.

Windsor 5.30 - Pensionnat

20/1 with Sky Bet

A Ralph Beckett 3 year old and still a maiden. This will be the eighth race after a poor run last time at Brighton albeit in a 3 year old plus handicap.

Now in 3 year old handicap andirons 2 furlongs in distance and down two pounds in the handicap. Kingscote stays on board and considered a live outsider in this poor race.

Edited by andymac
Poor typing

4.00 Windsor

Deeds not Words win 8/1 Bet365

Was once rated at a mark of 97 after winning a class 2 handicap at Newmarket back in July 2014  where he was rated 88. Went on a poor losing run and dropped all the way down to a mark 0f 69 before winning a handicap at Chepstow early last month. Followed this up with a 2nd place at Bath  and goes today off a mark of 73 and his clearly well handicapped and recent form indicates he capable of getting back to winning ways again here.

5.00 Windsor: Handicap (Class 4), 1m 2f

If the ground dries further it'll be a big help to favourite Freight Train who is sure to try and make all. There is a bit of pace in the field though and with a bit of rain expected around Monday afternoon, soft patches are likely to remain in the ground, so it could expose the in-form Mark Johnston inmate.

Devonshire Place makes appeal dropping back to 10f. I'm worried though that his racing style will leave him with too much to do when it matters.

I feel St Saviour deserves another chance and could be quite a bit overpriced. After a below par effort at Sandown last month he has been dropped to a mark off 79 but in reality could be easily be a bit better than that.

He showed plenty of promise when 3rd here at Windor in a super hot maiden back in April, a form that works out extremely well. He got off the mark two starts later in a small field at Brighton but flopped subsequently as mentioned before. But it was a very competitive race in bottomless conditions off a higher mark - so lets draw a line through the performance.

Good to Soft ground at Windsor should suit well though as he acted well on it at Brighton, and with Oisin Murphy in the saddle, St Saviour may bounce back here.

St Saviour @ 12/1 William Hill

Sedge 3.40 - Mia's Anthem - win at 9/4 bog bet365

Handicap chase

The current favourite here could well be worth taking on. Highland Lodge finished 4th in the Hennessy a couple of years ago but has appeared to be in decline ever since. He's been picked by the Post today on the basis that this is much the easiest race he's run in for a very long time as his mark has fallen 18lbs since that Hennessy run. However he was beaten a very long way on seasonal reappearance which suggests that his decline might be more than just being badly handicapped after some good runs. He usually goes well after a break but not this time. Blinkers tried today which might perk him up but which also might be seen as a 'not sure what to do with him' gesture from connections

My selection comes here in good nick having won last time by 8L with lots in hand. Trained in Ireland but all 4 of his career wins have come on raids to the UK (easy pickings ?........:eyes). Gone up 12lbs but that would only be a concern in a more competitive race. Gets the trip and appears to act on an ground and track.

510 Sedgefield: David John 100/30 Stan James

Looks well in here on his last run at Worcester where he was a touch unlucky not to finish closer after a stumble. Had previously showed absolutely nothing in his other races so it was a big step up last time and will need to repeat that effort but this is a very weak race. Money is down again so positive signs.

From Cairnhill Diamond (posted in yesterdays thread)

Getting in early with my selection for Monday 12th. Badly need a confidence restoring winner to kick my title challenge belatedly into contention, I'm torn between the inform Maurice Barnes trained Apache Pilot in the 4-10 at Sedgefield which already looks to be of interest to some as the price is dropping as I type, but I'm going to go with the Rose Dobbin trained Attention Please in the 2-40 at Sedgefield, who shaped well on his reappearance at Kelso last month. 1 pt win 7/1 Paddypower please.....

Mr Hannon has two in the race and I'll have a go with the supposed 2nd string, the 2yr old filly has a string of placed efforts and just hasn't fired in her last two attempts, she's had a wee 3 week break and Mr Hannon might have worked some magic on her ''thus showing up today''

She's yet to score from 7 starts but finished 2nd twice under jockey Cam Hardie, he gets the leg up today and I'm sure Mr Hannon would be a little disappointed if one of his two runners didn't get competitive.

14:30 Windsor - Stroke of Midnight.  0.5 E/w Bet @ 12/1 Sportingbet & 888sport 

1540 sedgefield - harris 12/1 coral

Trainer Brown has a higher win SP average than the average usually found in trainers. Harris has won on soft in February at an SP of 16/1 under Sheehan which will be riding today. 23 % win rate 3 out of 6 wins on soft. This is the second race after a rest period of 150 days. When in such situations (2nd up) has won 2 out of 4.

Windsor 4:30 Atlantic Affair @ 14/1 888sport e/w thanks

Atlantic Affair.....from Mark Johnston yard the 4yo runs of the same mark when just piped at Musselburgh when beaten by a length and yard keep everything the same with Joe Fanning in saddle again ,

She has won three times from 7f to 1m 1f on good and soft ground she tried leading all the way in last race but was overtaken at furlong pole but rally to come back near line to lose by a length , I would expect Mark worked on her stamina in those 15 days back at yard as its unusual for Mark's horses not to ride out all the way,