** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Weekly Naps Competition, Day 6, Friday 21st August 2015

Y1.55 Pearl Castle 25/1 Bet365 This one is being trimmed early doors and I don't expect it'll be long before the 25/1 with Bet365 disappers. S De Souza is booked for the ride on this one which is one of only a handful of c&d winners in the field. The horse is having its first run for a new stable here and it's usually a more significant positive under such conditions when the money comes for it. It's also interesting that no-one of the calibre of De Souza has been on board the horse recently and the mark of 90 is one of the best the horse has had to race off for some time.

3.40 York: Nunthorpe Stakes (Group 1), 5f Pearl Secret won the Temple Stakes this year and was far from disgraced in the King’s Stand Stakes at Royal Ascot, in fact he was unlucky in my book. The Jubilee Stakes only four days later came way too soon, so a performance to forgive. He is best over 5f anyway. He won’t be the ground either as has a good record on rain softened ground and clearly loves York as he’s two from three over course and distance. The pace might be drawn on the other side, and that is a worry. But I’ve backed worse 20/1 shots in my life and believe he can run a huge race. Pearl Secret @ 20/1 Paddy Power

3.40 York PEARL SECRET @ 20/1 Bet Victor This race could be set up for a finisher with Acapulco, Cotai Glory, Take Cover and the likes shooting from the gun. This was only beaten a length in the King Stand when drawn on the wrong side of the track and his run later in the week can be ignored. Has a win over Cd. This race has a habit of throwing up big priced winners with Three of the last five being 20's, 40's and 100/1.

1.55 York - Only orsenfoolsies - win at 50/1 bog betvictor competitive big field handicap My horse had run a couple of good races in handicaps but came unstuck in Listed company last time Is up 7lb from last handicap run which probably does for him but he's a game front runner and there's always the chance that any would be challengers could get traffic problems in such a big field........it might pay to be up near the front Fine on the ground

155 York: Xinbama 33/1 bet365/betfred Last years winning stable and won like a good horse on his reappearance at leicester. Entered at Ascot in the Shergar Cup race but could do no better than 8th. Happy to forgive one bad run and is a massive price on his best form.

1.55 York - Only orsenfoolsies - win at 50/1 bog betvictor competitive big field handicap My horse had run a couple of good races in handicaps but came unstuck in Listed company last time Is up 7lb from last handicap run which probably does for him but he's a game front runner and there's always the chance that any would be challengers could get traffic problems in such a big field........it might pay to be up near the front Fine on the ground
Non Runner.........new selection - York 3.40 - Canny Kool - EW at 125/1 bog bet365 nunthorpe - group one 5f sprint My selection is the outsider of the field but is still unexposed and has run creditably at a lower level of late shouldn't have any chance here but at least he acts on the ground and has the services of de Sousa Sometimes you can get big upsets in these group race sprints because basically there isn't much difference between group horses and handicappers unless you get a once in a decade type like Ajdal, Dayjur, Lochsong.......