Weekly Naps Competition, Day 6, Friday 7th August 2015

400 Musselburgh: Innocent Touch 12/1 bet365/betvic Richard Fahey sends Innocent Touch to contest this competitive Class 2 event and deserves to get his head in front after some good efforts this season. Placed in 3 good handicaps at York followed by a second in the Cumberland Plate at Carlisle. Last time was third at Chester when carrying 10st and now goes up in trip but should get it ok on a track like this.

N7.20 Kalon Brama 25/1 Betfred The trainer has a +56% ROI for his runners here and it's interesting that he's booked a decent 3lb claimer for this bottom weight. The horse just failed to get up at the course when beaten a neck over 2 furlongs shorter so this c&d could be perfect. That run has off a mark of 55 so this mark of 54 and the jockey claiming a further 3lb could be a decent one. There's also been a bit of early money for it.

6.05 Tipperary: Class 1 Handicap, 5f Ultra competitive race and I like a couple of these. But for price reasons I can't ignore A Few Dollars More who is surely too big at 18/1. He wasn't seen to best effect at the Curragh the last time but might be better judged when there is a bit of juice in the ground as happened on his penultimate start when he won a Cork sprint. This form works out very well. He is down to this very same mark again, and while this here is a stronger race, he gets in off an absolute feather weight. My perception is that with the soft going likely to suit today, he can be better than his current mark off 76. A Few Dollars More @ 18/1 Bet365

Bri 2.50 - Tommy's geal - win at 9/1 bog wm hill CD winner who seems to have found his niche upped to 10 furlongs after running at trips from 5f to 8f for 12 months Won here quite convincingly a couple of runs ago then weakened in the final furlong when tried over a longer trip last time Back down in trip and back here I hope he can prove that his win was no fluke

7.45 Tipperary BURN THE BOND @ 16/1 Bet365 This one was reported to be doing well at home before it's debut and confirmed this with an encouraging effort first time up. Since then has been a little disappointing over longer trips but I wonder if we might see more on hcap debut back down to debut trip. Highest rated in the race but receives age allowance and claimer takes off 5lb. This race might not take as much winning as first appears and at a double figure price will do for me.

2.10 ling Crescent queen @8/1 bet Fred Only raced once but the strike rate of 40% in sellers at the track reAlly appeals to me. Obvious class drop and this could be the start of a good day for Crowley. The main danger is Tahiti one but I'm hoping the penalty will stop her.

5.45 Newmarket : Blue Humor @ 12/1 bet365 e/w thanks Blue Humor...from Kevin Ryan yard the 2yo has been placed once in three starts that place finish was on his 2nd race on a racetrack at Newcastle 6f GF where he finished 2nd lead going in final furlong and was headed near line but look as if a further distance would be key of getting a win as all 3 races been over 6f, The yard step up distance to 7f and I would hope he's came on again with Andrea Atzeni back in the saddle

Earlier horse NR 720 Newmarket: Ocean Applause 12/1 Hills Top weight ridden by Adam Kirby for the first time for a year. He won on this horse at Kempton in 2014 and it just might be the key to getting this horse back on form. Certainly has a chance at his best and at the prices is worth a small bet.

Winners JJG 8/1 BillyHills 12/1 Patriciamarc 7/1 :clap Later Runners;

8.35 Haydock-Dawn Missile @ 4-5 (Betfred) BOG
Newmarket 8.25 Picture Dealer (5/1 bet365 bog)
Newmarket 8.25 SECRETINTHEPARK 11/2 Bet365 bog
7.45 Tipperary BURN THE BOND @ 16/1 Bet365 This one was reported to be doing well at home before it's debut and confirmed this with an encouraging effort first time up. Since then has been a little disappointing over longer trips but I wonder if we might see more on hcap debut back down to debut trip. Highest rated in the race but receives age allowance and claimer takes off 5lb. This race might not take as much winning as first appears and at a double figure price will do for me.
20:05 Haydock: TOP OF THE ROCKS @ 40/1 Bet365
7.45 TIPPERARY Ripped 20/1 Bet365