Weekly Nap Competition Thursday 11th June 2015

Re: Weekly Nap Competition Thursday 11th June 2015 7.40 Uttoxeter - High Ron win @ 5/1 PaddyPower High Ron looks like he has come back to form after some lacklustre runs earlier in the year with a good second lto at Southwell. He was never close to the inform winner, Pair Of Jacks, but the trip wasn't really suitable and he did his best work late on. Stepping up to 3 miles will be more suitable as all of his best form has come over this sort of trip so a better run is expected. To be totally honest 3m 2f would probably be ideal but this will certainly be better than the 2m 4f lto. He races off of the same mark today which is 4lbs lower than his last winning chase mark and is down in class which will make things easier. He also goes well at Uttoxeter and is 2 from 3 here. With all that considered I think he has a massive chance.

Re: Weekly Nap Competition Thursday 11th June 2015 3.25 Newbury: Ballymacoll Stud Stakes (Fillies' Listed) It's easy to see why Encore L'amour is favourite to land this Listed event. Her creditable runner-up effort behind subsequent Oaks third Lady Of Dubai is the best form on offer. She may well improve from the run and you have to think this looks an ideal opportunity to score for her. I feel she is opposable on the basis of her short price, though. As she was beaten at Goodwood by quite a margin nonetheless and it's not unlikely that something else in this race can improve in a way to be a real thread. I like lightly raced Jasmine Blue. She is better than the bare form of her last run at Newbury. Speedy Boarding is another unexposed sort with potential of dramatic improvement. However I feel the Irish raider Hot Sauce is overpriced. John Murphy's inmate is a good looking, big and scopey filly who's certainly progressive. She won a hot Gowran Park maiden on quick ground - this form works out pretty well. She stepped up into Handicap company and ran a huge race in a competitive field at the Curragh last month. Just beaten in the dying strides in a wild finish by an equally progressive sort who went on to win again subsequently. She deserves a go at Listed Level and with more improvement to come from here, she must be a major player today, given conditions are going to suit her down to the grounds. Hot Sauce @11/1 Bet365

Re: Weekly Nap Competition Thursday 11th June 2015 3.50 Worcester: First Avenue 7/1 bet365/Sky Won here at Worcester off this mark 12 months ago before going on to run at Royal Ascot in the Queen Alexandre. Was put up to 140 after that but has now dropped back down to 129 after some poor runs on soft ground. Its supposed to be Gd/Fm today which wouldnt be ideal looking at his overall form but obviously this is the time to catch him and its not a strong race.

Re: Weekly Nap Competition Thursday 11th June 2015 5:05 Newbury - Ickymasho (33/1 Betfred) 1pt Win Disappointing last time out over a shorter trip at Salisbury but still not beaten too far and the one that finished just ahead won at Kempton last night. Form of her previous two runs give her a better chance than the current odds suggest and the return to a longer likely to do no harm either.

Re: Weekly Nap Competition Thursday 11th June 2015 Newb 2.20 - Viscount barfield - ew at 25/1 bog Coral 2yo maiden lots of expensive bloodstock here from the big yards - should throw up some decent juveniles My selection is a bit of a pin job from amongst the newcomers at bigger odds......just noted that Balding has had a couple of newcomers placed in this race over the last 4 years so he tends to send one here that is competitive

Re: Weekly Nap Competition Thursday 11th June 2015 2.00 nottingham triassic is a debutant thats expected to win races, and with hearing hes been working well coming into this and trainer mark johnston have more debut winners than normal, it could be the time to back him to get a price. will stay further in time, but hopefully will show enough speed and run through the line when asked the question. 1pt win 16/1 bet365 bog

Re: Weekly Nap Competition Thursday 11th June 2015 Loaves and Fishes 325 Newbury @22/1 ew with Stan James. This one cost me a couple of quid at Chester, and chances are he'll do the same again today. But I'm the forgiving type so he gets one more chance. Hopefully he makes the frame.

Re: Weekly Nap Competition Thursday 11th June 2015 H8.20 Hibou 12/1 William Hill Theres money for the favourite here, but that ones a late foal by Paco Boy who doesn't do particularly well with 2-y-o so I'm happy to take that one on here. Hibou must have shown something at home since it went off 3/1 favourite on its debut run but disappointed in finishing 6th. Should know more about the game now and full brother to a multiple winner so might capitalise if the favourite falters.