** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

May 4 - May 10

Re: May 4 - May 10 Small late punt on Mitu 1st set @ 2.00 Mitu has 15 games on clay experience and Lepchenko has not played a full match on clay (retired v Mitu a set down at Charlston a month ago). Granted Mitu hasn't really beaten many "big names" on clay (well Bouchard is a big name but in poor form) but Lepchenko is in a very poor patch of form in 2015 It might take a while for Lepchenko to get going so I take a punt on Mitu

Re: May 4 - May 10 Back Tomas Berdych to win ATP Madrid for a 2/10 stake at 17.00 with BetVictor Back Kei Nishikori to win ATP Madrid for a 2/10 stake at 5.50 with BetVictor Going with Berdych and Nishikori next week. Nadal looks very vulnerable, while Federer and Murray had long weeks in Istanbul and Munich (the finals there are yet to take place, after all), so these two could be the guys to take advantage of that. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/atp-madrid-outright-betting-rafael-nadal-wrongly-favored-yet-again

Re: May 4 - May 10 Back Lukas Rosol to beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga for a 7/10 stake at 3.60 with BetVictor Back Viktor Troicki to beat Gael Monfils for a 7/10 stake at 3.40 with Betway Back Donald Young to beat Grigor Dimitrov for a 5/10 stake at 5.50 with Betway Back Ernests Gulbis to beat David Goffin for a 7/10 stake at 3.10 with Unibet Fancy quite a few upsets in the first round for various reasons. Tsonga and Monfils look out of shape, while Dimitrov just isn't to be trusted right now (and the H2H there isn't the most comfortable either). Gulbis will get the win sooner or later and it could be against Goffin, who will be disappointed with Munich I guess. With the Madrid surface a bit faster than usual, Gulbis should fancy his chances. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/atp-madrid-monday-betting-plenty-of-upsets-might-be-on-the-cards-in-madrid

Re: May 4 - May 10 Back Pironkova to beat Safarova 3.5 Sky Pironkova is kind of player that never keeps her form more than two tourneys in a row. She may explode and I think here is her moment. She started very strongly after played well last week. The Bulgarian is capable to beat everybody on the tour. Safarova didn't start very strong the clay season so here we may see a surprise. Back Mchale to beat Wozniacki 5.75 BetVictor Mchale did it very well in the qualifications and in the first round. She is in top form against Wozniacki, who also played well recently, but is known for her downswings and also the clay is not her favorable surface. Back Rosol to beat Tsonga 3.6 BetVictor Rosol was impresive last week. He almost beat Murray and showed decent form in Romania. Tsonga still strugling to came back strongly after his injury. With so many UE during his matches the Frenchman is very vulnerable against kind of Rosol player. So far: 0/5. -5 pts.

Re: May 4 - May 10 1 PICK FOR WTA MADRID: SHARAPOVA-6.5 GAMES HANDICAP OVER DUQUE @ 1.5 on pinnaclesports Expect it to be an easy win for Sharapova, who is not at her best at all but she has played very well in a first round against Bacsinzky and she is really a level above Duque-Marino

Re: May 4 - May 10 Back Pablo Cuevas (-1.5) to beat Albert Ramos for a 7/10 stake at 1.72 with Paddy Power Back Alejandro Falla to beat Philipp Kohlschreiber for a 7/10 stake at 2.75 with Betway Back Juan Monaco to beat Milos Raonic for a 7/10 stake at 2.55 with BetVictor Kohlschreiber at 1.40 looks strange considering that he had to play a long match in Munich today, while Raonic is just getting back from an injury and isn't particularly trustworthy on clay anyway, so backing Falla and Monaco looks nice to me at prices this big. Meanwhile, Pablo Cuevas really should crush Albert Ramos, he's one or two levels above that guy at the moment. The 1.5 games line looks like a good call at 1.72. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/atp-madrid-betting-a-top-seed-can-fall-in-the-second-round

Re: May 4 - May 10 Back Alja Tomljanovic to beat Azarenka 7.8 (Pinnacle), Currently 8.2 Matchbook Tomljanovic loves to play on clay. She is not in her best form recently, but is always capable to cause a surprise. She started very well the tournament. Azarenka still can't get the deserved consistence to back on the top. Here she is the favorite, but I am not sure if she would win 7 out of 7 matches against Tomljanovic. Balance 0/8, -8 pts.

Re: May 4 - May 10 Back Gimeno-Traver to beat Nick Kyrgios 2.00 (Pinnacle) Gimeno-Traver has form stats this year, particularly on the clay courts. There was slightly more value in this play a few days ago before the odds drifted to evens or just below, but it's still a value play. Kyrgios is full of potential, but after a lengthy run at ATP Estoril, he's unlikely to be fresh for this match.

Re: May 4 - May 10

Sorry if this has already been discussed - can you point me to where if that's the case - but what happened to the Shambata thread? I've just funded a betting account with a view to mirroring the Shambata tips and now the thread appears to be gone?
The thread has been closed, shambata has decided to go from free to paid apparently.

Re: May 4 - May 10 Well, the downswing continues :) Back Vanni to beat Bolelli at 5.25 Pinnacle Vanni is in form of his life, specially on clay. He already showed that may stun a lot of favorites in a tournament earlier this year, where he reached the final. Bolelli, on the other hand, may be a favorite here, but not with so big margin. A value play for me. Expect the price to go down to around 4-4.5 mark. Balance 0/10, -10 pts.

Why? Sorry to keep badgering but at least do us the honour of being open about what happened. No need to be all secretive.
No problem at all. Shambata suddenly announced that he wanted to run his tipping service as a paid one, while he also wanted others to say what they would expect from such a service, the post included a link to some sort of a questionnaire with questions (how much you are willing to pay, etc.). Since he didn't consult Paul and it was essentially an ad for a paid service, which isn't allowed, it was deleted by Paul himself (the thread is still here btw, you can check yourself). He was advised to consult Paul regarding further steps, what happened then I honestly don't know, haven't heard from either of the two. I presume that shambata has already started to run the paid service.

Re: May 4 - May 10 Back Leonardo Mayer to beat Feliciano Lopez for a 7/10 stake at 2.00 with Paddy Power Back John Isner to beat Thomaz Bellucci for a 7/10 stake at 1.73 with Betway Back Kei Nishikori (-4.5) to beat David Goffin for a 7/10 stake at 1.75 with Unibet Mayer is the favorite against Lopez in my eyes, the Spaniard has been seriously under-performing ever since he beat Nishikori in Indian Wells. Isner to prevail in a tough battle based on consistency alone, while Nishikori should be way too strong for David Goffin. The Belgian won just three games against Nishikori last time out and things shouldn't be too different tomorrow either. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/atp-madrid-betting-big-names-in-action-for-the-first-time

Re: May 4 - May 10 Back S.Wawrinka/G.Dimitrov - Over 22.5 games for a 7/10 stake at 1.83 with 10Bet Back David Ferrer (-4.5) to beat Fernando Verdasco for a 7/10 stake at 1.83 with 10Bet Back M.Raonic/L.Mayer - Over 22.5 games for a 7/10 stake at 1.77 with 10Bet The courts play fast in Madrid, so fancy the Wawrinka/Dimitrov and Raonic/Mayer matches to be tight and heavily-contested. The overs have therefore caught my eye. Meanwhile, Ferrer should be way too strong for Verdasco yet again, he really has his number these days and Verdasco has been nothing special lately. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/atp-madrid-betting-faster-conditions-suit-those-who-land-heavier-punches

Re: May 4 - May 10 Back Granollers to beat Murray 7 Sportingbet Granollers already scored one surprise win in the tournament. He is playing solid in Madrid and he is kind of players that finds his best form once or twice in year. Also Granollers has several wins over Murray. The British finished at 3 o'clock in the night his game. Let's see how he will recover from it. Back Bautista-Agut to beat Niishikori 4.2 Boyles Bautista-Agut took a set in their previous encounter. Now the Japan guy didn't start so strong the tournament with a three set win over Gofin. Both players has a lot of points to defend here, so it will be a crushing encounter for both of them. Balance 0/11, -11 pts.

I'm new to tennis betting so can anybody advise if the odds on Murray are sensible at 1/6? I think he'll win but he has lost twice to Granollers who has beaten some high rank players recently and is in front of a home crowd.

Re: Murray v Granollers odds Personally I think they are about right. Granollers won one match against Murray via retirement and he was fortunate yesterday against Monfils who was well below par. On top of that I'm not convinced about the Spaniard's form. A win against Tsonga looks good on paper until you consider that the Frenchman is still trying to find his best form after injury, and he's been beaten easily not once but twice by Robredo recently.

Re: May 4 - May 10 Back Tomas Berdych (-2.5) to beat John Isner for a 7/10 stake at 1.72 with Paddy Power Back Kei Nishikori (-2.5) to beat David Ferrer for a 7/10 stake at 1.83 with Paddy Power Back Grigor Dimitrov (+1.5 sets) to beat Rafael Nadal for a 5/10 stake at 2.20 with Paddy Power Fancy my pre-tournament picks to win easily tomorrow, serious gaps in quality and also good H2H records for both Berdych and Nishikori. A small punt on Dimitrov to take a set off Nadal as well, he looked better today than recently and Nadal looks vulnerable against guys that can go on the offensive these days, so a close match there wouldn't surprise me at all. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/atp-madrid-betting-federer-s-departure-has-opened-the-field-even-further

Re: May 4 - May 10 Back Dimitrov to beat Nadal at 5.75 Sportingbet Dimitrov's showed great fight spirit against good players like Wawrinka and Fonini. He was close to beat Nadal twice in the past. Now he is far more experienced and as he said tomorrow plays good tennis. Nadal showed improvement since Barcelona. Probably the reason is that he is hitting with his old racket. However The King of clay will meet his first serious opponent in the tourney. 5.75 are very good odds. Here is my awful balance since I start posting: 0/13, -13 points :)

Back Dimitrov to beat Nadal at 5.75 Sportingbet Dimitrov's showed great fight spirit against good players like Wawrinka and Fonini. He was close to beat Nadal twice in the past. Now he is far more experienced and as he said tomorrow plays good tennis. Nadal showed improvement since Barcelona. Probably the reason is that he is hitting with his old racket. However The King of clay will meet his first serious opponent in the tourney. 5.75 are very good odds. Here is my awful balance since I start posting: 0/13, -13 points :)
My guess is that you will improve with time as everyone does. You will also need to be more open-minded, realistic and objective to make these improvements. If you only specialize in pinpointing upsets, then you will continue to have negative results. mix it up and most importantly, follow the markets closely. gl!!!!

Re: May 4 - May 10 Back Tomas Berdych to beat Rafael Nadal for a 7/10 stake at 3.90 with Betway Back Kei Nishikori to beat Andy Murray for a 7/10 stake at 1.72 with Paddy Power I'm sticking to my pre-tournament selections, they both looked good today, especially Nishikori. The scoreline flattered Isner against Berdych, it was all about the American serving incredibly though, not playing a great match overall. Nadal looked vulnerable against Dimitrov and Berdych is much better than the Bulgarian right now, so I'm willing to give him a go at odds this big. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/atp-madrid-betting-four-remain-in-the-title-hunt

Re: May 4 - May 10 1. Nadal to Win Madrid Open @ 2.15 with Pinnacle I think Nadal has gradually gaining momentum and become more confident this week. He plays far better than a few weeks ago. Plus the home advantage, I am happy to back him now at such odd. 2. Andy Murray +3 games V.S Kei Nishikori @ 1.854 with Pinnacle Both are in good form, and both had a tough first round and had two straight wins thereafter. Murray leads the H2H 3:1 with Nishikori won last time. It's hard to tell who will prevail in the end but I think Murray is a bit underrated here so I am happy to back him to cover the handicap line.

Re: May 4 - May 10 Back Berdych to beat Nadal at 3.8 VC Nadal showed some problems against Dimitrov, who missed his chances in the second set very easy. Still the Spaniard is far away from his best. Berdych is strong here and it seems he kept his form from Monte Carlo, where he almost beat Nole. Very nice odds. Balance: 0/14, -14 pts.

Re: May 4 - May 10 What a match by Rafa... This is his best play for the entire season. Back Kuznecova to beat Kvitova 2:0 Betfair bookie 4.75 Kuznecova is the better clay court player, a former Rollan Garros champion. She beat very strong opponents and improved in the semifinal against Sharapova. Kvitova on the other hand stunned Serina,who had some dehitratation kind of problems (The American said she was very tired during the match). Last year the Russian beat Kvitova on Rollan Garros and now she is showing great form.