** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Nap of the day Fri 21st november 2014

corky

Re: Nap of the day Fri 21st november 2014 1550 ascot 1pt win sweet deal 5/4 wullie hills nicky henderson has some fancy runners today, but i will wait till the last for this 4 year old gelding who steps up in class after 2 wins on the bounce,he also holds a class 3 handicap on friday, but the trainer must think he is capable of winning this class 2 race,a smaller field,only the 6 runners,may help him and with barry geraghty on board,it could be a profitable day for this combo

Re: Nap of the day Fri 21st november 2014 Ascot 1:30 - The Skyfarmer WIN @ 4/1 Bet365 Killala Quay is more of a stayer for me so I am willing to take him on here over the 2m3f at Ascot, he could well get outpaced for me. Have gone with the in-form Hobbs stable, this horse will love the trip, should not lack fitness as Hobbs has his yard in such great shape and if this horse takes to fences he has a good shout.

Re: Nap of the day Fri 21st november 2014 Hayd 3.05 - Vago Collonges - win at 11/10 bog PP Novice hurdle This one comes from the Nicholls yard and was placed in Listed and grade 2 bumpers before taking 18 months off Returned to the track a few weeks ago and finished 2nd in a novice hurdle, winner odds on, pair well clear Quite a few of Nicholls horses have been needing a run early season and improving next time. If he comes on a bit a novice hurdle should be a formality The main market rival is Jonjo's runner making his rules debut. He failed to complete twice in points before winning one. Jonjo's horses often come on for a run and he's also a 4yo at level weights The main danger could be Maximiser who won a Carlisle novice hurdle as he pleased first time out. Has a penalty for that and unlikely that there was anything of the class of my selection against him that day. I guess the main danger could be that my selection 'bounces' on his second run back after a very long break

Re: Nap of the day Fri 21st november 2014 14.30 Haydock - Class 2 Novice Chase - 2m 6f Going currently Soft. Golden Hoof - 6yo trained by Nicky Henderson having 4th chase run. Won LTO at Aintree with an impressive win over 2m 4f on Good ground. Not sure soft ground will suit or step up in distance from last run. Virak - 5yo trained by Paul Nicholls having 2nd chase run. Won on debut beating Deputy Dan who won on Monday. Ground no concern with hurdles wins on heavy. Have to take on trust step up in distance will suit but sets the standard based on that chase debut win. Grand Vision - 8yo trained by Colin Tizzard making chase debut. Very hard chase debut here against more experienced rivals. Will probably be better over 3m but will be fine on the ground. Monkey Kingdom - 6yo trained by Rebecca Curtis having 3rd chase run. 2nd on chase debut to the decent Southfield Theatre but unseated LTO at Ascot. Needs to improve jumping. Needs to prove stamina. Ugly Bug and Woodpole Academy look totally outclassed on previous form. Verdict Virak looks the best based on previous chase form and will be fine on the ground. Slight concern stepping up in trip. Monkey Kingdom needs to improve jumping and prove stamina, Grand Vision may need further to be effective at this level and has a tough chase debut here against more experienced rivals and Golden Hoof probably wants better ground to be effective at this trip. 1pt Win - Virak @ 5\4 Skybet

Re: Nap of the day Fri 21st november 2014 7.20 Wolverhampton - Dream Child win @ 9/4 Bet365 Dream Child was a close 4th lto at Newbury on this mark. The race was over 1m 2f and she was probably stretched by the trip in the soft ground. She comes back to Wolverhampton where she has a C&D win, in a race of similar strength, and on a surface that she seems to appreciate she could go well. She won by 1 and 1/2 lengths from a 5lb lower mark but she is less exposed than a few of these and being a 3 year old there could be more improvement so I don't think that a mark of 80 will be beyond her. The yard is going well and had a winner yesterday and I think that Dream Child should extend the good run of form.

Re: Nap of the day Fri 21st november 2014 Wolv 7.50 - Pivotman (1pts win, 6/1 Bet365) Big priced winner at 28/1 on sole AW start here at Wolves so who knows this surface could be just to his liking and I'm backing him to back up that win here today after he won seemingly with a bit in hand and one of the few here who boast recent winning form.

Re: Nap of the day Fri 21st november 2014 2:15 Ffos las With the course to suit after posting his two beat RPRs here and a nice mark of 118, 7lbs lower than his hurdles rating Copper Birch looks set to run a big race. He'll improve for the run after looking short of fitness on his return after receiving support. The step up in trip and rain forecasted will be in his favour as he wants a true test of stamina. Copper Birch - Win 8/1 Bet365

Re: Nap of the day Fri 21st november 2014 H12.50 Matthew Riley 1pt Win 8/1 Bet365 The horses run when 2nd over c&d having made a mistake at the last last uear reads really well and some of those from that race have franked that form since. Only 3lb higher here and the headgear goes on for the first time. Some early money for it yesterday when the markets opened as well.

Re: Nap of the day Fri 21st november 2014 19:20 Wolverhampton: GHAZI @ 4/1 Boylesports Paddy Power Godolphin's trainer Saeed bin Suroor is having a decent strike-rate of 29% (from 151 runners) this season on the all-weather tracks and GHAZI (13) is his sole representative at Wolverhampton today. The gelded son of Exceed And Excel has only had three career starts and was disappointing in two occasions since coming back from a long break after a successful debut, but he is expected to improve as 'the boys in blue' persevere with him and his sire already had seven different progeny winners on Tapeta at Dunstall Park. The booking of Kieran Shoemark is a positive, given the talented jockey takes a useful 7lb off.

Re: Nap of the day Fri 21st november 2014 1.55 Haydock The Brock Again win 13/8 bet365 First run in UK lto when 3rd to Exitas at Exeter in a cl3 , that one only btn 10L in a grade 3 nto and last placed finisher placed nto also in a cl3 so form looks good. Has the best form on offer , only Stephanie Frances has better terms and perhaps haydocks track will suit better

Re: Nap of the day Fri 21st november 2014

Hayd 3.05 - Vago Collonges - win at 11/10 bog PP Novice hurdle This one comes from the Nicholls yard and was placed in Listed and grade 2 bumpers before taking 18 months off Returned to the track a few weeks ago and finished 2nd in a novice hurdle, winner odds on, pair well clear Quite a few of Nicholls horses have been needing a run early season and improving next time. If he comes on a bit a novice hurdle should be a formality The main market rival is Jonjo's runner making his rules debut. He failed to complete twice in points before winning one. Jonjo's horses often come on for a run and he's also a 4yo at level weights The main danger could be Maximiser who won a Carlisle novice hurdle as he pleased first time out. Has a penalty for that and unlikely that there was anything of the class of my selection against him that day. I guess the main danger could be that my selection 'bounces' on his second run back after a very long break
I want to change my selection BH.......the 2nd favourite is now a non runner and I'm worried I'll get stuffed on the R4.........:wall I'll have this one instead...... Asc 1.30 - Killala Quay - win at 2/1 bog wm hill Novice chase My selection was just about the best of these over hurdles with a win in Grade 2 and a 4th behind Faugheen at the Festival He has a good record of running well after a break and has won RH and on the forecast ground. Puffin Billy seems to have gone a bit backwards so the main danger could be he Skyfarmer from the in-form Hobbs yard. He's been running at an altogether lower level than my selection, mainly winning around the gaffs. Also appears better on good ground so any cut could be against him Thanks

Re: Nap of the day Fri 21st november 2014 1.55 Haydock: Stephanie Frances 7/1 Coral Not much time, but really think a lot of this mare trained by Dan Skelton. Gets the sex allowance and i'm sure she can progress up the ladder. Nicholls horse is favourite but was beaten 10 lengths on debut at Sundown and has a bit to prove yet. Stephanie Frances looks the value in the race to me.