Nap of the day - Saturday 25th oct

Re: Nap of the day - Saturday 25th oct D5.30 Bold Captain 1pt Win 16/1 Bet365 Joe Doyle is for my money just about the strongest rider in this amateurs race and the horse gets its preferred soft ground after running on ground that would've been too lively for it lately. That run was when 2nd and fading over a furlong further so this trip should be just about perfect. The horse that just beat it there has since won off 79 so this mark of 75 could well be a winnable one.

Re: Nap of the day - Saturday 25th oct Chepstow 1:55 - Bob Ford WIN @ 5/1 Bet365 Tom Scudamore is riding out of his skin at the moment and the Rebecca Curtis horses are running a lot better than this time last year too. Ran off marks of 128 and 126 last season so although he has top weight, it is 120 and he should be able to cope with it. He enjoys it here at Chepstow, won here when last seen at the track and loves a bit of cut in the ground. Stays a lot further.

Re: Nap of the day - Saturday 25th oct Saturday 25th October 16.50 Aintree - 2m 4f Mildmay - Class 3 Novice chase Sergeant Mattie - 6yo trained by Charlie Londson. Won on only chase start at Uttoxeter over 2m 4f with just a couple of mistakes on a course with quite difficult fences. Carrys 5lb penalty for that win. Was a decent novice hurdler last year winning 2 and 2nd from 3 starts with OR 138. Wakanda - 5yo trained by Sue Smith. Also won on chase debut at hexham over 2m 4.5f. Carrys 5lb penalty for that win, Not the best jumping but got round to win comfortably in the end. Along way behind Sergeant Mattie on hurdling abilty (OR 122). May be better over further. Golden Hoof - 6yo trained by Nicky Henderson. 2 previous chase runs when 2nd and 3rd. Barry Geraghty gets on board today and for me is the best jockey to be riding a novice chaser. Horizontal Speed - 6yo trained by Philip Hobbs. Chase debut and was a decent novice hurdler last year winning 4 from 8 starts and 3 2nds. OR 140 over hurdles. Likely to put in a good chase debut. Timesremembered - 6yo trained by Emma Lavelle. Chase debut and a good novice hurdler last year. OR 143 and the best of the field over hurdles with a grade 2 novice hurdle win and other good performances at a very decent level over hurdles. Point to Point winner and that experience will be invaluable in this race.Of those who have had Chase experience the 2 to concentrate on are Golden Hoof and Sergeant Mattie. Do not think there will be much between these 2 but the penalty for Sergeant Mattie makes me favour Golden Hoof. Of those making chase debut, Timesremembered and Horizontal Speed look the best on hurdles form. Timesremembered is the best on hurdles form and the previous point to point experience and wins will give him the edge. 1pt Win - Golden Hoof - 6\1 PP BOG

Re: Nap of the day - Saturday 25th oct 3.00 Aintree: Old Roan Chase (2m4f) Module is the top weight with a mark of 164 and i'm just of the opinion that this sharp track will not suit him as much as Newbury or Cheltenham where he has excelled in the past. Also better at 2m with some give in the ground. Wishful Thinking, Mister Moonshine, Viva Colonia and Conquisto all ran in this last year. Conquest won it and is better off at the weights but didn't run well all season after Aintree and has a bit to prove now. All of the others are either worse off or on the same marks and not improving so look to have stiff tasks. One that did run 12 months ago with a squeak is Edgardo Sol, he used to be with Nicholls but now has joined Emma Lavelle who took the big race in the week with Court By Surprise. He has won at Aintree before and is 5 lbs lower over fences than last year. I'm not sure what to think of Rolling Aces, he really wants 3m and the yard are in and out. Rajdhani Express is too high in the weights and that leaves us with the likely favourite Uxizandre. He beat Oscar Whisky here in April over C/D and was second at the Festival behind Taquin De Seuil. Thats good form and he will enjoy the ground. Alan Kings horses are in good nick and has the right man in Barry Geraghty in the saddle. Selections: Uxizandre 4/1 >Betfred

Re: Nap of the day - Saturday 25th oct Doncaster 2.40 - Emerahldz (1pts win, 8/1 Ladbrokes) In very good form of late with five wins in her last nine starts with a further 3 placed efforts so in great nick. Beat just a length lto when doing best at the finish and expect another good run here.

Re: Nap of the day - Saturday 25th oct 3.15 Doncaster Ballesteros ew 20/1 Bet365 been looking at this race for the last hour, so sorry punterpete if i put the mockers on this for you. Think I have put this up for nap of the day before. Weight advantage over Dungannon from last year. Dont know why but I like look of magical macey :/

Re: Nap of the day - Saturday 25th oct 15:50 Doncaster Celestial Path 1pt win @ 6-1 Bet365 Steps up in class after two wins, Sir Mark Prescott is usually stringing handicap sequences together but this may be a Group 1 winner for the stable. Very impressive in listed company last time and could be anything.

Re: Nap of the day - Saturday 25th oct

3.15 Doncaster Ballesteros ew 20/1 Bet365 been looking at this race for the last hour, so sorry punterpete if i put the mockers on this for you. Think I have put this up for nap of the day before. Weight advantage over Dungannon from last year. Dont know why but I like look of magical macey :/
Strange thing Trapper is I got it down to Balleteros and Magical Macey myself. Lets hope we have both made the correct choice. Good luck to you fella