** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Club Friendlies 2014/2015

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Club Friendlies 2014

I think it was a different Al Ahli (there are several teams with this name)
Oh god, this could be a disaster then! Already placed the bet but I could cash out, going to have a look around more for info or I'll just let it ride.

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 One I like today is Stuttgart @ 1.80 - bet365 V Hull City. I personally haven't been that impressed with Hull and this game comes at an awkward time , only three days after an exhaustive Europa League game where they just managed to scrape past AS Trencin. In pre season they've had a small win over York City, and drawn with Barnsley and North Ferriby. All were away. Stuttgart have just arrived back from a training camp in Austria where they beat Eskisehirspor and draw with Rizespor, both of Turkey. This will be their first home fixture of pre season so I would expect a decent crowd, with Hull using the fixture to give all players game time. The season kicks off for Hull next Saturday so where as Stuttgart only have a cup game versus Bochum who are in the second league.

Oh god' date=' this could be a disaster then! Already placed the bet but I could cash out, going to have a look around more for info or I'll just let it ride.[/quote'] Looks like they might be facing All Ahli from the United Arab Emirates? :unsure EDIT: Looks like that was the side beaten 6-2 by Hannover? Soccerway have it listed incorrectly I think.

Looks like they might be facing All Ahli from the United Arab Emirates? :unsure EDIT: Looks like that was the side beaten 6-2 by Hannover? Soccerway have it listed incorrectly I think.
Think Hannover beat Al Ahli Doha whereas Palermo are facing Al Ahli Dubai http://www.hannover96.com/CDA/index.php?id=1096&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=54612&cHash=46bc82778368f38573f776995dd1e69b EDIT: I am cashing out, Palermo played a 3-0 or 12-0 win yesterday and play a match today before another one tomorrow. Way too much rotation for my liking.

slizorn' date= How about todays Inter game? Teams are rated as the same. 2.6 vs 2.4 @bet365.
I already covered that match above, and I stick with my initial thoughts, I think Inter are splendid value to win. I got on at 2.15 unfortunately. But if I were to back something in that game now, I would happily back Inter DNB @ 1.80 Bet365. They have looked good thus far. Decent odds with good cover on the draw. :ok

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 For those interested in the Juventus game - lineups: #Juventus starting XI: Buffon, Caceres, Bonucci, Ogbonna, Lichtsteiner, Pogba, Pirlo, Marchisio, Evra, Tevez, Llorente #ALvJuve Juventus subs: Storari, Rubinho, Audero, Marrone, Chiellini, Pepe, Motta, Padoin, Asamoah, Vitale, Pereyra, Buenacasa, Coman, Giovinco A-League Allstars starting XI: Galekovic, Smith, Rose, Muscat, Berisha, Ibini, Carrusca, Riera, North, Broich, Del Piero #ALvJuve

Think Hannover beat Al Ahli Doha whereas Palermo are facing Al Ahli Dubai http://www.hannover96.com/CDA/index.php?id=1096&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=54612&cHash=46bc82778368f38573f776995dd1e69b EDIT: I am cashing out, Palermo played a 3-0 or 12-0 win yesterday and play a match today before another one tomorrow. Way too much rotation for my liking.
Palermo drew 2-2 with Brescia from Serie B and beat Cypriot side Apollon Limassol 1-0. Al Ahli lost 2-0 to Spezia (Ser B). I would think there could be some value backing Palermo, but depends how the two teams approach it, and no live streaming I think.

5pts Helsinki (+2.0 AH) @ 1.86 BetVictor Barcelona have looked dire thus far and I don't see what's going to change here. Barcelona have played 3 friendlies winning 1-0, drawing 1-1 and losing 0-1 to Napoli most recently. It's been 32 games since HJK lost by a 3 goal margin and they are top of their Finnish league at the moment as well. I doubt Barcelona can win by a 3 goal margin and HJK should be able to run them close. 5pts Tottenham to win @ 1.95 StanJames Schalke have performed badly in their most recent friendlies, drawing 1-1 vs Bochum, losing 3-1 to Newcastle, losing to West Ham on penalties. Tottenham on the other hand have good momentum about them, winning 4 and drawing one of their friendlies (0-3, 3-3, 2-3, 0-2, 6-1). Tottenham being the side with the better momentum ought to win this matchup. 15pts Juventus (-1 EH) to beat A-League All Stars @ 1.83 PaddyPower 2pts Juventus (-2 EH) @ 3.00 PaddyPower 1pt Juventus (-3 EH) @ 5.50 PaddyPower A-league all stars played man united last year and lost 5-1 to them. Juventus are coming off a 8-1 win over ILS-All stars (indonesian league). I think just going off the last season's result between man united and A-league all stars shows us the difference in quality between both sides. Yes beating ILS-all stars is nothing to brag about, but I cannot help but feel that the standard of both these sides are somewhat similar and Juventus should have no problems disposing of them as the match wears on. Match is for Sunday morning, but I am lumping on as I do not see this line lasting whatsoever. 3pts Dortmund +0.5AH @ 1.75 Winner 6pts Livepool vs Dortmund - Over 2.5 goals @ 1.75 Ladbrokes I just cannot fathom this game having less than 3 goals in it. Both sides possess quality attacking threats and with this being Liverpool's final pre-season game, we should see them field a strong side. Dortmund's friendlies read (1-4, 3-4, 1-1, 1-5, 1-0, 3-0) and they have not lost in any of them. Liverpool are coming off a 3-1 loss to Man United and have also lost 0-1 to Roma and 1-2 to Brondby. Other matches have seen them beat AC Milan 0-2, draw 2-2 with man city and beat them on penalties, beat olympiakos 1-0 and preston north end 2-1. Eitherway, I fancy Dortmund to get something out of this match and there to be goals aplenty here. 5pts Inter Milan to beat Eintracht Frankfurt @ 2.15 Betfred Frankfurt have lost 5-2, won 1-0 and lost 4-2 in their friendlies thus far. Inter drew 1-1 with Real madrid before beating them on penalties, drawing 0-0 with man united before losing to them on penalties, and beating Roma 2-0. Seems to me that Inter have the better form based on these few friendlies and I fancy them to come up on them in this matchup. I realise some of these bets are a tad speculative so please follow with caution, I just had to get the weekend friendlies out of the way (well those that have been priced up) as I need time to plan my fantasy teams out given I'm away on holidays next weekend. GL to all who play!!
10pts Juventus (-1 EH) @ 1.80 Boylesports I'm sticking some more on. Lines have begun to crash on Juve, the bookies know something I don't but I suppose that bodes well. Juventus has been cut to 1.18 on Bet365 from 1.30, asian handicap lines have been released going at -2.0 AH on bet365. 1.83 on -1 EH at Paddypower is no longer available down to 1.62.
Well that was a disaster.... Sorry to anyone that followed :wall:wall:wall -28pts from the Juventus game. I swear each time I bet on Barcelona they do the exact opposite. Tottenham won so that evened that loss out. Need Inter Milan and Dortmund game to go my way...

No worries slizorn' date=' luckily for me, my bookie (croatian Favorit), don't offer handicaps on friendly games, so I took just Juventus for 1.25. They still won![/quote'] lol, so they did. I turned the stream off when Juventus conceded the second goal and went 2-1 down. Liverpool won 4-0 :o +1.5pts on that match. Inter Milan's line-ups - Inter: 1 Handanovic; 2 Jonathan, 5 Juan Jesus, 9 Icardi, 10 Kovacic, 15 Vidic, 19 Botta, 20 Obi, 23 Ranocchia, 55 Nagatomo, 90 M'Vila. Subs: 30 Carrizo, 46 Berni, 6 Andreolli, 13 Guarin, 22 Dodò, 26 Silvestre, 33 D'Ambrosio. Coach: Walter Mazzarri. Eintracht Frankfurt: 1 Tropp; 5 Zambrano, 8 Inui, 9 Seferovic, 11 Valdez, 13 Lanig, 15 Subs: 4 Russ, 6 Oczipa, 7 Rosenthal, 10 Kadlec, 17 Madlung, 18 Flum, 21 Stedera, 22 Chandler, 31 Kinsombi, 32 Gerzgiher, 30 Wredwald. Coach: Thomas Schaaf.

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 I would think that there is something in Malaga against Fiorentina tonight. Neither have had a particularly demanding set of opponents but Malaga have played more games, and start their full-season one week ahead of Fiorentina, so should have the edge in terms of prep. Fiorentina also play Real Betis tomorrow, so team selection then becomes a bit more uncertain. Notably, Cuadrado recently returned to training and should play some part tonight for Fiorentina. Malaga DNB certainly catches my eye and I have taken it for 4 points, with a view to a little more should the team sheets look favourable. Malaga DNB - 1.90 - 4 points - Bet365

One I like today is Stuttgart @ 1.80 - bet365 V Hull City. I personally haven't been that impressed with Hull and this game comes at an awkward time , only three days after an exhaustive Europa League game where they just managed to scrape past AS Trencin. In pre season they've had a small win over York City, and drawn with Barnsley and North Ferriby. All were away. Stuttgart have just arrived back from a training camp in Austria where they beat Eskisehirspor and draw with Rizespor, both of Turkey. This will be their first home fixture of pre season so I would expect a decent crowd, with Hull using the fixture to give all players game time. The season kicks off for Hull next Saturday so where as Stuttgart only have a cup game versus Bochum who are in the second league.
1-2 Hull.... Apologies anyone that followed. Was just one of those games. Hull scored very early and went 2-0 up with just their first two shots on target. Stuttgart didn't start playing until the thirtieth minute, and even missed a pen in the first half....

I would think that there is something in Malaga against Fiorentina tonight. Neither have had a particularly demanding set of opponents but Malaga have played more games, and start their full-season one week ahead of Fiorentina, so should have the edge in terms of prep. Fiorentina also play Real Betis tomorrow, so team selection then becomes a bit more uncertain. Notably, Cuadrado recently returned to training and should play some part tonight for Fiorentina. Malaga DNB certainly catches my eye and I have taken it for 4 points, with a view to a little more should the team sheets look favourable. Malaga DNB - 1.90 - 4 points - Bet365
Garbage. Fiorentina were the better side from the very start.

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 The two matches today seem like tricky ones to me at the moment. Fiorentina played strong XI last night, so a lot of changes will be made for the match today. Betis don't look like the most backable side though. A poor pre-season against lower-tier opposition doesn't make them appealing. Draw cover would be an absolute must. Same goes for Napoli-PSG. I actually think I would prefer to be on the away side if the odds keep moving the way that they are. Changes will be made for sure, but their second-string is still a very good side. Motivation may be lacking somewhat but I'd still fancy them on a double-chance if the odds were to move so drastically.

The two matches today seem like tricky ones to me at the moment. Fiorentina played strong XI last night, so a lot of changes will be made for the match today. Betis don't look like the most backable side though. A poor pre-season against lower-tier opposition doesn't make them appealing. Draw cover would be an absolute must. Same goes for Napoli-PSG. I actually think I would prefer to be on the away side if the odds keep moving the way that they are. Changes will be made for sure, but their second-string is still a very good side. Motivation may be lacking somewhat but I'd still fancy them on a double-chance if the odds were to move so drastically.
Correct me if I am mistaken, but I believe Real Betis play Chelsea tomorrow as well. In any case, it's worth monitoring the side that Real Betis put out today vs Fiorentina.

Correct me if I am mistaken, but I believe Real Betis play Chelsea tomorrow as well. In any case, it's worth monitoring the side that Real Betis put out today vs Fiorentina.
Wrong - Chelsea plays Real Sociedad tomorrow.

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 Napoli host PSG tonight for a friendly at Stadio San Paolo. This game was a part of the Cavani deal two years ago but got postponed last year so, here we are now! First the squads for tonight : PSG : Sirigu, Douchez - Aurier, Van der Wiel, Thiago Silva, Camara, David Luiz, Marquinhos, Digne, Maxwell - Cabaye, Matuidi, Thiago Motta, Verratti, Pastore, Chantome - Bahebeck, Ongenda, Cavani, Lavezzi, Lucas, Ibrahimovic. Napoli : Rafael, Andujar, Colombo, Maggio, Mesto, Henrique, Zuniga, Ghoulam, Koulibaly, Albiol, Britos, Fernandez, Radosevic, Jorginho, Dzemaili, Inler, Gargano, Vargas, Insigne, Mertens, Callejon, Hamsik, Pandev, Michu, Duvan, Higuain. Napoli only played two friendlies so far, 2-0 win over PAOK and a 1-0 win over Barcelona. Keeping two cleansheets is a positive sign so far. Their squad is perfectly intact and I'm confident Benitez will field a strong side here like he did against Barcelona. He always wants to win and already stated that they are confident about their performance tonight. Ofcourse Barcelona played with a mixture squad but still a decent starting 11 and also Napoli changed a lot in the second half. But cause of their wide squad atleast 16 players are capable of getting into the starting eleven imo. I know it's a friendly but everytime when Napoli plays at home something magical happens. I just love their stadium and fans, incredible atmosphere and a fanatic crowd. PSG is a strong outfit but the reason for picking these bets are quite simple. I have absolutely no doubt Napoli will find the net tonight. They always score at home against any opponent, so much class upfront and support from midfield. Great pace and technical abilities on the wings with Callejon, Mertens and Insigne. They cause their opponents a lot of problems and with the pressure Napoli normally puts on a defense this often ends in a lot of goal chances. Second best reason is the weak defence of PSG. These guys always leak goals, saw some friendlies lately and sometimes they look so poor at the back. Played against some mediocre teams and conceded almost every time a goal or two. Ofcourse upfront they are deadly especially when Zlatan is on the pitch but I don't expect him to play 90 mins anyways. Marquinhos might be a talent but he still makes a lot of defensive errors. Van der wiel is pretty good going forward but weak defensively. Aurier came so he might keep things a bit more tight on the right side but we will have to wait and see. Thiago Silva [imo one of the best central defenders at the moment] played against Reims last weekend but still they conceded two goals and we saw in the WC that he can't do it alone. Digne is nowhere near the quality PSG need at left back. I'm sure they will rotate a lot tonight cause Ligue 1 already started and that probably won't do them much good. Odds dropped a lot on the home side and people might think the PSG odds are value but not for me. I expect the home side to be a lot fresher, more determined and good for some goals. With Zlatan on the pitch I fancy PSG to score aswell and Cavani probably wants to proof he made the right move. Lavezzi, Cabaye and Matuidi returned from their holidays and might play some part but I don't expect them to be 100%. PSG conceded 8 goals in their last 4 friendlies, they kept a cleansheet in the cup against Guingamp but this weekend Reims showed that PSG still got a lot to fix in their defense. If Zlatan doesn't start I might bet on Napoli to win the first half too. I have 3 bets pre-game for this one. Napoli to win 3/10 stakes. Over 2.5 goals 4/10 stakes. Napoli team goals over 1.5 5/10 stakes. Expecting a solid performance from the host and some goals for sure. My call is 2-1! Goodluck

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 4-0 FT, unbelievable odds for this match.... -1 AH offered at 2+ (B365)

Palermo is playing that poor Khor right now (the one that got trashed by Verona a week or so ago). I did not have time to check the line up, but it looks like a good bet for in play. Actually -1 AH offered at 2+ (B365) for Palermo! :eek

4-0 FT, unbelievable odds for this match.... -1 AH offered at 2+ (B365)
Thanks for flagging this up Scorpio - some matches just appear at the last minute - and as you say, given Al Khor's big loss to Verona, these odds were very good :ok