** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Club Friendlies 2014/2015

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 Well, bit dissapointed with the result. Napoli lost 1-2! PSG almost played full force through out the game. Their defense was way better and Zlatan made the difference in the second half after Napoli went 1-0 up. Pretty confident in my bets today but PSG took this friendly deadly serious, bit surprisingly to be honest. Small loss overal.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 Hi. Lets take some money from the bookies today. There are couple of matches I am interested in betting, so will start collecting information about them: Manchester United - Valencia (home win) Chelsea - Real Sociedad (home win) These are two that I like the most. Others are: Erfurt - HSV (away win) Ucam Murcia - Hercules (away win) Does anyone have some information about these matches? Regards

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 What about others? Chelsea is usually on my black list:) Since they have failed me down on couple of occasions for years now. The same as Monaco (their game with Lorient recently cost me big!), so I am adding both teams to my black list again. But if Chelsea will start with decent line-up..I will back them. Although I respect Real Sociedad as a team, Chgelsea should Have the upper hand in this match.

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 Regarding Real Madrid - Sevilla match...value is clearly on Sevilla side. They have been good playing preseason friendlies (wins over Cordoba, Fenerbah?e, Hertha in last three games), but do they have enough to beat Real Madrid? Real Madrid haven't played great in last friendlies, including the cup they have played in US (loses to Manchester United, Roma, Inter Milan). Maybe in-play single betting is the best play here. If Sevilla show some strength and balls in the first ten minutes, my money will be on them. Any opinions?

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 I would never back Sevilla even at these odds. You can't compare the games of Real with this one. This is a super cup final and finally all players are fit to go. I really think Real Madrid is the team to beat this year, some amazing signings again and they have just so much firepower. They've been playing with mixture squads only in pre-season and the regulars that did play only had little time to get ready. I totally expect a different Madrid side tonight and since Sevilla lost Rakitic their heart and soul in midfield I rate them atleast a class below Real. They might score cause somehow Madrid always had troubles with sevilla but can't see Real fail here. 3-1 is my prediction, goals to come for sure!

Re: Club Friendlies 2014

I would never back Sevilla even at these odds. You can't compare the games of Real with this one. This is a super cup final and finally all players are fit to go. I really think Real Madrid is the team to beat this year' date=' some amazing signings again and they have just so much firepower. They've been playing with mixture squads only in pre-season and the regulars that did play only had little time to get ready. I totally expect a different Madrid side tonight and since Sevilla lost Rakitic their heart and soul in midfield I rate them atleast a class below Real. They might score cause somehow Madrid always had troubles with sevilla but can't see Real fail here. 3-1 is my prediction, goals to come for sure![/quote'] hello, senk. what's your bet on Manchester United?

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 Man utd vs Valencia. I have to write this from my Iphone so spacebars are rare. :p Man utd are enjoying a great pre-season. Winning all their games so far and the players are really adapting well to the new system, new rules more responsibility and dedication than before. Scoring 16 goals in the process while only conceding 4. Van Gaal already changed a couple of things at the club in the way he likes it. Only positive signs so far and everybody is looking forward to this game. Red some interviews yesterday and all the players especially the new signings can't wait to play at Old trafford. Their stadium is usually a fortress except for last year but let's forget about that. It will be a totally different story this year and you really can't compare Moyes with Van Gaal. Replacing Ferguson is a hell of a job and for some impossible it seems. Moyes surely collapsed under the immense pressure. Van Gaal coached some of the biggest clubs in the world and achieved some great things along the road. I fully expect Utd to dominate this fixture. Last important game before their season starts this weekend. Van gaal played every game with the same determination as always. Van Persie, Fellaini and Januzaj are unlikely to feature tonight but only RVP is important imo and Utd did well without him. Valencia is an offensive team and likes to keep the ball. This will suit Van Gaal's tactics perfectly and hopefully they will strike as deadly as before through some great counter-attacks. Van Gaal stated that their training sessions ahead for this game are going better than ever. Valencia on the other hand had a rough start this summer. They lost 3 of their 6 friendlies so far and lost a few key players in the likes of ; regular defenders Ricardo Costa, Mathieu and playmaker Canales. Also Jonas topscorer from last season isn't included in their squad for this game. They did sign some good ones though, Rodrigo forward from Benfica, Mustafi german wc squad defender, Otamendi regular defender from Porto, Yoel goalkeeper from Celta de vigo and midfielder R. De Paul from Racing. Valencia had some ups and downs in the past few years. Sold their best players cause of their financial issues and never came back on top again. The class difference with the top teams in Europe is just to big if you can't spend 100 million or more. The other teams keep getting better and better while the mid table teams can't close the gap with talents only. Even if they produce a great youngster, he will be gone at the age of 18. Financial fair play might help in the future but it surely won't help Valencia in this game. Cause of their attacking style of play we probably see some goals tonight. Valencia conceded in every game so far in pre-season and I can see Utd adding a few more. Valencia scored 13 goals while conceding 10 in 6 friendlies some against mediocre teams. First Home game for United, Van Gaal and his players. Stadium will surely be packed and I expect them to deliver a strong performance. United to win high stakes and United team goals over 1.5 also medium/high stakes. Goodluck! Took them early so no use to post odds.

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 Nice preview Senk, as always. Keep it up mate. Man Utd is also my main pick for today. I am thinking of adding Real Madrid too, despite Real Madrid is team that I really don't like and is on my blacklist. What are your opinion of these other games: Chelsea - Real Sociedad Erfurt - HSV Ucam Murcia - Hercules I really would like to play treble tonight, RM-MU and one match from these three. I guess HSV sticks out as most obvious choice. Regards

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 According to this: http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/609557/artikel_ostrzolek-unterschreibt-beim-hsv.html HSV have bought some really nice players (some from Mainz and Augburg - in my opinion, clubs that have played quite well in Bundesliga last year despite of being clubs with shorter budget than some bigger, more known german clubs). Also, they were ok in preseason friendly games - beating Akhisar, Sturm and Borussia M. all with two-goal difference) before losing to Lazio the last one. Erfurt hasn't lost the last three, but they have played with some "smaller" clubs as compared to HSV - Hansa Rostock, Stutgart II and Energie Cottbus. All in all... If HSV will play with some decent squad, they will demolish Erfurt. Maybe some german experts can say something about this game? Greeting to all punters from Croatia (Split)

I would never back Sevilla even at these odds.
Wrong thread I know - but ... earlier today I looked at the records in this competition and over the last 10-20 years it looks as though it would have paid well to oppose the favourites (normally the Champions League winners). The Europa League/UEFA Cup winners have won it 10 times of the last 20, and some of the Champions League wins were after extra time or penalties. Some recent examples where the CL winner was less than 2.0 and failed to win in normal time ... 2013 Bayern 1 Chelsea 1 (after FT) 2009 Barcelona 0 Shakhtar 0 2008 Zenit 2 Man Utd 1 2006 Barcelona 0 Sevilla 3 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UEFA_Super_Cup_matches historical odds and results here ... http://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/europe/uefa-super-cup-2013/results/

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 Mate i agree with the outcome mainly due to home adv and motivation at club presentation plus of course great start of van gaal this summer ... But you pictured valencia not accurately .... They should be stronger ec wise now and market shows only mathieu out was unwanted ... Managed to keep parejo and alcacer then signed potentially big players like rodrigo and thiago ...more to come like enzo...of course this valencia under singapurian will be bussiness oriented sort of like porto but with cash behind .... Still they are building process tough late results were better ..... Hw & g highly likely ....

Real Madrid haven't played great in last friendlies' date=' including the cup they have played in US (loses to Manchester United, Roma, Inter Milan). [/quote'] I saw several comments, referring to these friendlies of Real Madrid. Guys, please, have a look at Real Madrid's team lists for these games. They practically played with Real Madrid B (the youth team of Real Madrid, playing in Segunda) plus several first team players. The big guns were missing. Before the 60th minute of these friendlies, nearly all of the remaining top players of Real were substituted by some kids, so Real played at least 1/3 of each of these games with completely junior team and the rest of these games with just several of the key guys. There could be some concern about the fitness level and flexibility of the Real Madrid stars, as most of them practically didn't play a single pre-season friendly. But judging from the results from this US tournament doesn't make much sense.

Wrong thread I know - but ... earlier today I looked at the records in this competition and over the last 10-20 years it looks as though it would have paid well to oppose the favourites (normally the Champions League winners). The Europa League/UEFA Cup winners have won it 10 times of the last 20, and some of the Champions League wins were after extra time or penalties. Some recent examples where the CL winner was less than 2.0 and failed to win in normal time ... 2013 Bayern 1 Chelsea 1 (after FT) 2009 Barcelona 0 Shakhtar 0 2008 Zenit 2 Man Utd 1 2006 Barcelona 0 Sevilla 3 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UEFA_Super_Cup_matches historical odds and results here ... http://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/europe/uefa-super-cup-2013/results/
True mate, but I just don't rate this Sevilla side good enough to get a positive result. All regulars trained a lot last weeks and Ancelotti stated that almost all players are top fit. He will field his best 11 for sure and my guts tell me Real will start their winning streak here. But fair enough if someone took a bite out of the Sevilla odds, they look big I agree but I can't see it happening. Regarding Valencia Litost, I just pointed out how big the quality gap is between european top sides and sub-top. I know Valencia is capable of making things hard for any side and their squad is probably better than last season but I just rate this Man utd side way better especially at home and under Van Gaal they seem reincarnated especially Rooney who's scoring for fun and probably will be their captain this season.

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 Here is a little gamble-magic pick... ;-) Czech Rep U19 is playing Cyprus U19 right now. CR is leading 1-0, but as I know and remember this kind of matches between these two teams, for brave ones, I recommend to place a bet in-play. Wait until 80' minute and in case the scoreline does not change, place a bet on CR to score another goal or just take HCP -0.5 inplay for CR. I'll go for this one. Edit: they just scored 2-0 :( BUT anyway, I still believe there will be a goal after 80' minute.

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 82' GOAL 4-0 :) :ok

Here is a little gamble-magic pick... ;-) Czech Rep U19 is playing Cyprus U19 right now. CR is leading 1-0, but as I know and remember this kind of matches between these two teams, for brave ones, I recommend to place a bet in-play. Wait until 80' minute and in case the scoreline does not change, place a bet on CR to score another goal or just take HCP -0.5 inplay for CR. I'll go for this one. Edit: they just scored 2-0 :( BUT anyway, I still believe there will be a goal after 80' minute.

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 Well.... I admit, I was close with hitting my keyboard against my head but what a goal in the last minute for United by Fellaini. Saved me a fortune! A deserved win overall and Rooney could have made it a lot easier tonight. He missed a first half penalty and utd should have been 2-0 up. Anyways, I'm not gonna complain cause my bets won and so does a few combo's. Real also comfortable winning 2-0 so all in all a good day! Cheers.

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 I am liking the look of Getafe again this evening. They are playing Mallorca, a second division Spanish team that finished one place above relegation last year. From what I can gather they have had a mediocre pre-season, notably drawing against FC Nurnberg (relegated from Bundesliga) 1-1, losing 1-0 to Millwall (low Championship side) and beating a third-tier Spanish side 3-0. Not great by any means. As we have previously discussed Getafe have had a good pre-season, beating sides of mixed levels from various European leagues. I can't get anything by way of team news, so it's a bit of a stab in the dark on the basis that they will play a pretty strong XI. Getafe win - 2.05 - 5/10 - Bet365

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 Couple of home wins look interesting later tonight: Olympiakos - Ath. Bilbao Celta - La Coruna Las Palmas - Tenerife Olympiakos have played quite well preseason matches. Beating Man City and Milan. Ath Bilbao also played well, beating Borussia M. 4 days ago. Celta have beaten Everton the last one, prior to drawing three matches with other english clubs (Burnley, Wolves, Norwich). La Coruna won last three friendly matches (gijon, Club Nacional, Ferrol). Las Palmas seems the best of these three. They have already beaten Tenerife away (0:2) seven days ago. They have won or drawn last 5 matches, while Tenerife lost the last 5. Does anyone have any opinions of these matches? Regards

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 One important fact to consider, especially for ITALIAN friendly matches. This finding is based on long years following these kind of matches. Most of the teams from higher divisions rotate the squad almost always for 2HT, and in case they are leading i.e. just like now Genoa, they dont care 2 HT anymore, and you can not expect any more goals from them (Genoa scored 2 in 1HT now and nothing in 2HT). So basically what I find as a real value is" - to take handicaps on 1st HT winnings. In case they dont make it in 1st HT, it's very probable they wont make it in 2HT. - go for UNDER bet live for 2HT, because the odds are just CRAZY considering that the better team will score another 4 goals or so... And anyway, you say you missed GENOA, but what were the odds for them to win? I guess around 1.8, right? It's really very rare. Usually these top division teams get something around 1.3-1.5, which is nonsense... I would never place a bet on anything under 2. Every lose has to be recovered by the same value next time... or we go down to hell..

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 You are right ultravires. I think Genoa was around 1.7 which is not so bad. Anyway, I am waiting for Getafe to make a profit (played treble with Getafe, CSKA Moscow and Maribor - slovenian supercup match, Maribor leading 0:2 after half an hour). Fingers crossed!

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 Both Celta and Las Palmas won. Maybe I should have followed my instincts after all:( Or those were "lucky" wins, who knows. Getafe cost me money. Grrr. Hopefully guys we will have some more luck tomorrow. I know it's off topic, but for tomorrow, I have already picked Basel and Lokomotiv Moscow (and maybe Odd) as my main picks. Those are not friendlies, so it's a bit offtopic. Good night guys. Sleep well.