** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Club Friendlies 2014/2015

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 Dorchester Town V Yeovil @ 1.36 St Albans V Stevenage @ 1.61 Double @ 2.20 - bet365 Not really a lot I can say about either pick. This is both league sides final friendly before competitive football next weekend. Dorchester play in the Southern League Premier after relegation from the Conference South last season. That is four leagues below where Yeovil are, and Dorchester have already been well beaten by Bournemouth and Torquay. They also haven't played since 26th July after their last two friendlies were cancelled. (One was abandoned). Yeovil should put out a strong squad tonight with fitness the aim this late in the day. St Albans have already been thumped by Eastleigh and Watford pre season whilst Stevenage have had a reasonably good run of things with draws at home to West Ham, Millwall and Reading. St Albans were only promoted from the Southern League Premier via the playoffs so you could argue there is four leagues between both sides. Both St Albans and Dorchester are far weaker that their opponents. Yeovil and Stevenage should be looking for morale boosting wins.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Club Friendlies 2014

The St Gallen v Wolfsburg game is being played in Germany by the way although bet365 aren't noting it being played at a neutral venue.
That's great cause fatigue will surely play a roll here for the swiss side, can't imagine they will risk a lot of regulars in this game. Odds will collapse for sure and I'm very happy with the 1.90 I got! Let's hope they deliver us.

Parma playing xdivision Salernitana in 5 minutes, Salernitana drew the last friendly match. I am a bit unable to find Parma's lineup for this one? Could any one help please? It might be worth a shot for 1.5 EHCP. Thanks!
first half play with Mirante Cassani Mesbah Acquah Ceppitelli Felipe Biabiany Jorquera Palladino Cassano Ghezzal

Dorchester Town v Yeovil Town Monday 4th August 19.30 League One side Yeovil play their final pre-season friendly tonight at nearby Dorchester of the Southern League Premier. Both sides were relegated last season. Yeovil won 2-1 at Southern League Premier side Truro on Saturday, and according to the report here, Yeovil missed a penalty and hit the woodwork twice - so they should have won by more. http://www.ciderspace.co.uk/ASP/news/news.asp I get the impression from the same Yeovil fans site that the side tonight might not be as strong as at Truro, but it's also the final friendly and I am confident that the players who play will take it seriously. With four divisions between the sides, I think current handicap odds are reasonable - Yeovil -1AH 1.91 Marathon Stake: 5 points
Good call :ok Absolutely stuffing Dorchester now.... Wish I could say the same about Stevenage...

Any info on Stevenage's subs? Are Stevenage expected to field a stronger lineup in the second half? The shots in the first half are 8-1 in favour of St. Albans.
I think they've only named four and they appear to be youth players.... Stevenage playing with four trialists, one on either wing as well as both strikers. Although one of the strikers is Connor Calcutt who scored against West Ham earlier in pre season.

Dorchester Town v Yeovil Town Monday 4th August 19.30 League One side Yeovil play their final pre-season friendly tonight at nearby Dorchester of the Southern League Premier. Both sides were relegated last season. Yeovil won 2-1 at Southern League Premier side Truro on Saturday, and according to the report here, Yeovil missed a penalty and hit the woodwork twice - so they should have won by more. http://www.ciderspace.co.uk/ASP/news/news.asp I get the impression from the same Yeovil fans site that the side tonight might not be as strong as at Truro, but it's also the final friendly and I am confident that the players who play will take it seriously. With four divisions between the sides, I think current handicap odds are reasonable - Yeovil -1AH 1.91 Marathon Stake: 5 points
Super call :clap

Result: Dorchester 0 Yeovil 9 Bet won :ok Stake: 5 points Return: 9.55 points

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 Parma won 2-0, pick won! :) :ok

Parma playing xdivision Salernitana in 5 minutes, Salernitana drew the last friendly match. I am a bit unable to find Parma's lineup for this one? Could any one help please? It might be worth a shot for 1.5 EHCP. Thanks!

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 Man utd will face Liverpool within a few hours in the cup final. Their will be huge support for both clubs and atmosphere will be great in a packed stadium around 100k visitors. Both teams showed some great signs in their previous games but the loss of Sturridge is rather big imo. I watched Lambert against milan and he looked poor, even missed a penalty due a weak shot on goal. Don't expect him to do much harm against such a solid defense of united so far. Both teams will surely play with their best available 11 in what should be a cracking game ofcourse. Sterling is the main star of Liverpool nowadays, lots of pace and great technical abilities surely the one to watch for United. On the other hand I strongly believe in this man utd side under Van Gaal and it's only just a matter of time before they collect some silverware again. They can fully focus on the BPL this year without european soccer what should help them a lot. Van Gaal always succeeds in building a team which consist of winners only. He already announced that a few players will not make his selection so he demands total dedication from his players and it often paid off. I just have this feeling United will be more determined and up for this one. Van Gaal is one of the best coaches when it comes to motivating his players, maybe not a fair comparison for some but the win against Brasil for the 3th spot at the WC is surely a victory I contribute to him. All players of the dutch squad were totally empty after their game against Argentina but somehow he motivated them in a superb way and they looked sharper than ever while many expected a flat performance. I can tell you one thing, there is absolutely no way he will aproach this game as a friendly. Liverpool without their main front man will give their best in this game without any doubts but I rate Man Utd a bit better at the moment. Rodgers also shuffled his back 4 so many times I can hardly think of them not conceding. Goals are on the cards tonight and Utd as likely winners. Let's say 2-1! Man utd to win 5/10 odds around evens.

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 Starting elevens : Man utd : De Gea, Evans, Smalling, Jones, Young, Valencia, Herrera, Fletcher, Rooney, Mata, Hernandes. Liverpool : Mignolet, Kelly, Sakho, Johnson, Skrtel, Allen, Henderson, Gerrard, Sterling, Coutinho, Lambert. Both teams look strong as expected, I like Hernandes instead of wellbeck, more of a poacher upfront. Plenty of pace on the wings which will cause Liverpool a lot of troubles. Hope to see an early goal to open up the game. Man utd to win! Goodluck all who follow.

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 Man united vs Liverpool ended 3-1. Great game as expected, early penalty due a foul from Jones on key player sterling. Gerard scored, pretty equal game but in the second half a beauty from wayne Rooney changed the game, within 2 minutes united scored twice and even a 3th later on by Lingard. Perfect result for us, hope many followed! Cheers

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 I decided to go big on United yesterday and couldnt wait to watch the game this morning...then i stumbled across a 2 for 1 cocktail joint in Peckham...I missed my roast dinner so her indoors werent happy then i was out for the count well before the match started...Well happy they won though obviously and i just ate me roasty from last night so happy days all round...lol....Great work in this thread again keep it up guys

Am I being thick or are several bookies (including Bet365) no longer including this match in their betting selections?
I think they took it off last night, but I'm pretty sure they took it down before slashing the price as well which is a bit odd, pretty certain they were 1.72 still when they took it down - which is what I took them at, HT/FT was 2.62 which I had a nibble on too. As low as 1.5 with betvictor now, most pricing them around 1.65.

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 A couple not yet mentioned have caught my eye today. Leverkusen are taking on amateur fifth division opposition in the form of SV Wuppertaler and hopefully it will be a bit of a blood bath. Leverkusen have had a pretty extensive pre-season so far, playing matches against the likes of Marseilles and Lokomotiv Moscow, along with the usual Asian tour matches. Nothing too impressive results wise, but they've racked up the minutes well enough. Given their fifth division status SV Wuppertaler's website doesn't heed much info on their pre-season antics. Their Facebook page states the Leverkusen are brining a full squad, and all the proceeds will be left for the home side. Hopefully it will be one of those charitable spankings. The default price/line is: -2.25 (AH) - 1.575. Nothing spectacular but it looks like this could be a battering, so I am taking it for 6 points, with a view to backing greater lines. The other that I am looking at is Getafe against Gimnastica Segoviana. Segoviana are a fourth tier Spanish side which, given how many leagues there are in Spain, is not great. Information about the club is scarce. Getafe look like they have had a decent pre-season though playing a handful of decent German sides - most recently beating Stuttgart 3-2. Again, there is not a great deal to say, the better side looks well prepared for this one and I'll be looking at asian lines once Bet365 release them, but HT/FT is an option at 1.66.

I think they took it off last night, but I'm pretty sure they took it down before slashing the price as well which is a bit odd, pretty certain they were 1.72 still when they took it down - which is what I took them at, HT/FT was 2.62 which I had a nibble on too. As low as 1.5 with betvictor now, most pricing them around 1.65.
Ah right. Thanks HastGill.

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 Deportivo hosting Racing Ferrol a third division side who haven't played any friendlies yet. Their season starts in 3 weeks so they have enough time left to prepare but this game might come too early for them. Deportivo promoted last year to the primera division and already played 3 friendlies. They almost kept all of their key players from last season including some new signings. They should be quite too strong for Racing Ferrol and Deportivo always have been a solid home team. Their last friendly was against Sporting Braga, a 1-0 loss in the 85th minute which tells me that they are hitting some kind of form. Braga is a solid team and played with a strong line-up. I expect Deportivo to dominate this fixture and the difference in class should result in a comfortable win. One of their last friendlies before their season starts so I expect them to come out strong today. All of their players were available against Braga and they shuffled a lot so players will be fresh! Odds of 1.53 are good enough for me and also the -1 line around evens appeals to me. Deportivo to win 5/10 stake and 3/10 -1 handicap line for me so far! Goodluck

Deportivo hosting Racing Ferrol a third division side who haven't played any friendlies yet. Their season starts in 3 weeks so they have enough time left to prepare but this game might come too early for them. Deportivo promoted last year to the primera division and already played 3 friendlies. They almost kept all of their key players from last season including some new signings. They should be quite too strong for Racing Ferrol and Deportivo always have been a solid home team. Their last friendly was against Sporting Braga' date=' a 1-0 loss in the 85th minute which tells me that they are hitting some kind of form. Braga is a solid team and played with a strong line-up. I expect Deportivo to dominate this fixture and the difference in class should result in a comfortable win. One of their last friendlies before their season starts so I expect them to come out strong today. All of their players were available against Braga and they shuffled a lot so players will be fresh! Odds of 1.53 are good enough for me and also the -1 line around evens appeals to me. Deportivo to win 5/10 stake and 3/10 -1 handicap line for me so far! Goodluck[/quote'] It's worth noticing that the game would be played on neutral venue so no real home team here.Anyway Deportivo is the stronger side and shouldn't have problems to cover the -1 AH.I am with you on this.GL!

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 I am interested in Huddrsfield vs Newcastle friendly match? I found some info here: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2151556-huddersfield-vs-newcastle-how-the-magpies-will-line-up-in-pre-season-friendly Newcastle has beaten Schalke in the previous friendly and looks like a value if the put out some decent line-up. Has anyone any info about the squads? Cheers

A couple not yet mentioned have caught my eye today. Leverkusen are taking on amateur fifth division opposition in the form of SV Wuppertaler and hopefully it will be a bit of a blood bath. Leverkusen have had a pretty extensive pre-season so far, playing matches against the likes of Marseilles and Lokomotiv Moscow, along with the usual Asian tour matches. Nothing too impressive results wise, but they've racked up the minutes well enough. Given their fifth division status SV Wuppertaler's website doesn't heed much info on their pre-season antics. Their Facebook page states the Leverkusen are brining a full squad, and all the proceeds will be left for the home side. Hopefully it will be one of those charitable spankings. The default price/line is: -2.25 (AH) - 1.575. Nothing spectacular but it looks like this could be a battering, so I am taking it for 6 points, with a view to backing greater lines. The other that I am looking at is Getafe against Gimnastica Segoviana. Segoviana are a fourth tier Spanish side which, given how many leagues there are in Spain, is not great. Information about the club is scarce. Getafe look like they have had a decent pre-season though playing a handful of decent German sides - most recently beating Stuttgart 3-2. Again, there is not a great deal to say, the better side looks well prepared for this one and I'll be looking at asian lines once Bet365 release them, but HT/FT is an option at 1.66.
Bayer Leverkusen (-2.25 AH) @ 1.97 Betvictor atm. Get on it while you can as Bet365 just dropped their price from 1.875 to 1.675

It's worth noticing that the game would be played on neutral venue so no real home team here.Anyway Deportivo is the stronger side and shouldn't have problems to cover the -1 AH.I am with you on this.GL!
Thx, I thought Deportivo was the home side but it seems it's on neutral venue. But, all in all they should beat them comfortable if they field a strong line-up. I also like the look of the BTS option in the Rotherham utd vs Leicester city game. Both teams are having a great pre-season, they've played some decent outfits and both teams are scoring for fun. 1.70 is not great but a likely winner in my eyes for a combo or two. Leicester is playing with two different teams in pre-season. The team that won yesterday is weaker on paper than the one for tonight. Almost all regulars from last season are in the starting eleven for tonight except for Morgan, nugent and King. Teams looks like this : Schmeichel, De Laet, Wasilewski, Moore, Konchesky, Drinkwater, James, Knockaert, Taylor-Fletcher, Ulloa, Vardy. Quite strong so maybe a win for Leicester is also possible but Rotherham utd are no push-overs, they've been promoted to the championship this year. Nugent and the others were among the subs last time so the bench also might be pretty strong. 1.85 for a leicester win deserves 3/10 stakes and 3/10 on the BTS option. Goodluck!

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 Chester have a sickness bug so will most likely be understrength with trialists and youth players playing. They play wolves u21s. Most bookies have suspended the odds but can still get wolves at 2.62 sky or tote if your account isnt limited. http://www.chesterfc.com/news/article/sickness-bug-hits-chester-squad-1805079.aspx

Chester have a sickness bug so will most likely be understrength with trialists and youth players playing. They play wolves u21s. Most bookies have suspended the odds but can still get wolves at 2.62 sky or tote if your account isnt limited. http://www.chesterfc.com/news/article/sickness-bug-hits-chester-squad-1805079.aspx
Yep price well gone now Wolves in action tonight Wolves are taking a mixed squad of young players and senior professionals to take on Chester in a pre-season friendly tonight. A couple of trialists are also expected to be involved. Kick off is 7.45pm at the Swansway Chester Stadium SQUAD: McCarey, Foley, Ward, Davis, Ebanks-Landell, Doumbia, O’Hara, McAlinden, Doyle, Iorfa, Dutton, Weeks, Reid, Bancessi, O’Hanlon http://www.wolves.co.uk/news/article/friendly-at-chester-050814-1804965.aspx#vS5SyYyslKuCIMk1.99

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 Bwin still have the Wolves game priced up at 1.91 even though everyone else has suspended the betting. I am pretty limited there but you can get some money on by doing a double with a near sure thing - i.e QPR double chance tonight at 1.01 - and they will let you repeat your stake.