** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Club Friendlies 2014/2015

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 The price on Granada has been smashed today.... Gutted I didn't take the 1.61 on offer at the start of the day. Granada / Granada is still 1.57 though. For the record they're playing a Moroccan side called Moghreb Tetouan. They won their league last year, the top division in Morocco.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 Singapore Selection v Juventus (16th Aug, Sat) The odds aren't out for major bookies, but the local bookmaker has set Juventus -3.5 @ 1.55, Over 4.5 goals @ 1.60, and Exact Scoreline for Any Other Score @ 2.60 (Any scoreline which a team scores >5 goals, or a 5-5 draw). Reasons for such pessimism on Singapore Selection: 1) Even though majority of the team is made of Singapore National Team players, 10 are from the LionsXII squad, who finished 8th out of 12 in the Malaysian Super League, while 3 are from the Young Lions squad, who is currently 11th out of 12 in the Singapore Sleague. 2) Despite hosting in the newly opened National Stadium, with big names appearing from Juventus, it is estimated that only 20,000 fans will be appearing in the 55,000 seater. Even though football is a popular sport in Singapore, many have lost interest in the local football scene & are turned off with the expensive ticket prices (from S$45 to S$180). Organisers are extremely anxious about the crowd size, that they began to give away a pair of tickets priced at S$180 each for just $18 purchase of soft drinks... Even if they managed to fill up the stadium, expect the crowd to be quiet & be more supportive of Juventus. Do look out for the odds once it's out.

Re: Club Friendlies 2014

Singapore Selection v Juventus (16th Aug' date= Sat) The odds aren't out for major bookies, but the local bookmaker has set Juventus -3.5 @ 1.55, Over 4.5 goals @ 1.60, and Exact Scoreline for Any Other Score @ 2.60 (Any scoreline which a team scores >5 goals, or a 5-5 draw) ... ... Do look out for the odds once it's out.
I'm a bit cautious on Juventus after seeing them look poor against the A-League Allstars in Australia (Juve won 3-2, but were losing for the majority of the game).

I'm a bit cautious on Juventus after seeing them look poor against the A-League Allstars in Australia (Juve won 3-2' date=' but were losing for the majority of the game).[/quote'] The A League All Stars are surely a far better outfit though?

The A League All Stars are surely a far better outfit though?
Much, much better. Australia is touted to be one of the Top Asia football representatives, while Singapore has been struggling in recent years, and can be compared to their South-East Asia neighbours Indonesia, whose allstars lost 1-8 to Juventus recently. It's been raining the past few days in Singapore, hence Juventus might not be used to the humid condition, but goals are likely to flow in this exhibition match. If you're more cautious, take the Overs instead.

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 There's a game kicking off at 10 between Tanjong Pagar and Metro Gallery Sun Source. Metro Gallery Sun Source are a third division side (newly promoted) in Hong Kong, and were beaten 5-0 by Warriors earlier in the week. Both Warriors and Tanjong are in the top Singapore league, and there are only a couple of places between the two sides. Tanjong HT/FT is @ 1.72 and Tanjong - 1.75 is @ 1.90 - bet365. I think it'll be another mauling tbh and the straight win price has already been cut from 1.33 this morning.

There's a game kicking off at 10 between Tanjong Pagar and Metro Gallery Sun Source. Metro Gallery Sun Source are a third division side (newly promoted) in Hong Kong' date=' and were beaten 5-0 by Warriors earlier in the week. Both Warriors and Tanjong are in the top Singapore league, and there are only a couple of places between the two sides. Tanjong HT/FT is @ 1.72 and Tanjong - 1.75 is @ 1.90 - bet365. I think it'll be another mauling tbh and the straight win price has already been cut from 1.33 this morning.[/quote'] Agree with the handicap for Tanjong Pagar, but word of advise for those who might take Overs: there was a huge thunderstorm in the early afternoon, resulting in poor pitch condition. Also, with kickoff at 5pm local time, I would presume less than 50 actual paying fans to appear for the 1st half.

There's a game kicking off at 10 between Tanjong Pagar and Metro Gallery Sun Source. Metro Gallery Sun Source are a third division side (newly promoted) in Hong Kong' date=' and were beaten 5-0 by Warriors earlier in the week. Both Warriors and Tanjong are in the top Singapore league, and there are only a couple of places between the two sides. Tanjong HT/FT is @ 1.72 and Tanjong - 1.75 is @ 1.90 - bet365. I think it'll be another mauling tbh and the straight win price has already been cut from 1.33 this morning.[/quote'] Apologies anyone that followed this. Must have been the weather but Tanjong lost 4-2. Went 2-1 up in the first half and missed a PEN before conceding three late goals.

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 Sabadell - Espanyol (Saturday) Espanyol played on Thursday, where starters Javi López, David López, Salva Sevilla and Colotto played around 60 minutes, and they will play again on Sunday against Genoa in his trophy. Caicedo won't play at Sabadell, Victor Sanchez is doubtful and I think Sergio (Espanyol coach) will reserve some players for the game against the italian side, because it will be the first time they will play at home this season. The home team looked solid this preseason, they played minor teams but they won two of the last three. I'm taking Sabadell DNB (2.50 at Bet365) with 2/10 points.

Singapore Selection v Juventus (16th Aug' date= Sat) The odds aren't out for major bookies, but the local bookmaker has set Juventus -3.5 @ 1.55, Over 4.5 goals @ 1.60, and Exact Scoreline for Any Other Score @ 2.60 (Any scoreline which a team scores >5 goals, or a 5-5 draw).
Singapore Selection 0-5 Juventus Could have been more if not for 2 brilliant saves by SG GK. Juventus took this game seriously in preparation for their season. I didn't see the Total Goals nor Handicap market open in major bookmakers though.

Singapore Selection 0-5 Juventus Could have been more if not for 2 brilliant saves by SG GK. Juventus took this game seriously in preparation for their season. I didn't see the Total Goals nor Handicap market open in major bookmakers though.
I saw some of it. The game was mainly played at a very slow pace - perhaps it was the heat or humidity? Juventus were quite impressive and Singapore didn't really look like scoring. Juve's goals seemed to come from sudden bursts of quick passing and movement around the Singapore box.

Sabadell - Espanyol (Saturday) Espanyol played on Thursday, where starters Javi López, David López, Salva Sevilla and Colotto played around 60 minutes, and they will play again on Sunday against Genoa in his trophy. Caicedo won't play at Sabadell, Victor Sanchez is doubtful and I think Sergio (Espanyol coach) will reserve some players for the game against the italian side, because it will be the first time they will play at home this season. The home team looked solid this preseason, they played minor teams but they won two of the last three. I'm taking Sabadell DNB (2.50 at Bet365) with 2/10 points.
Odds dropped. Now the match odds are 2.60 on Sabadell at max. That's because as expected, some Espanyol starters and first team players will not play. Sergio García (best player so far), David López (33/2 last season), Colotto (31/4) and Montañés (36/4 at Second Division Zaragoza) will rest. Also Víctor Sánchez (33/4), Caicedo, Fuentes (35 games last season as starter left back) and Héctor Moreno are out due to injuries. Youngster Eric, who plays at central defence, is also out. Here's the list: Mattioni, Raúl Rodríguez, Víctor Álvarez, Salva Sevilla, Álex Fernández, Abraham, Lanza, Clerc, Kiko Casilla, Javi López, Álvaro, Arbilla, Pau López, Rubén Duarte, Joan Jordan, Jairo, Mamadou Sylla and Luque.

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 Manisaspor - 1 @ 1.90 - bet365 V Kocaelispor. Taking a stab here but Kocaelispor are listed as a 2. Liga side on Soccer way but as far as I can tell they were relegated from the 3. Liga to the amature Turkish leagues at the end of last season so not quite sure why they're listed in the 2. Liga. Transfermarket.com have them as losing 23 players in 2014/15 too, and only signing 5. Manisaspor play in the Turkish second league and seem a lot more stable looking at both clubs.

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 Hi If i want to place a 3 way handicap how must i read this? 3 way handicap starts 0-1 Hometeam 2.70 Draw 3.60 Awayteam 2.12 I want to bet that the hometeam wins with 2-1 So i will take the 2.70 quote or am i wrong? Thanks in advance

Manisaspor - 1 @ 1.90 - bet365 V Kocaelispor. Taking a stab here but Kocaelispor are listed as a 2. Liga side on Soccer way but as far as I can tell they were relegated from the 3. Liga to the amature Turkish leagues at the end of last season so not quite sure why they're listed in the 2. Liga. Transfermarket.com have them as losing 23 players in 2014/15 too, and only signing 5. Manisaspor play in the Turkish second league and seem a lot more stable looking at both clubs.
Game is cancelled due to rainstorm.

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 Udinese team to play UAE (from Udinese twitter) - Kelava; Coda, Bochniewicz, Naldo; Faraoni, Jadson, Hallberg, Alhassan; Jankto, Geijo, Zapata https://twitter.com/Udinese_1896 Quick look at transfermarkt shows that it's probably not a first choice team, but does include a few £1m - £2 rated players and some new signings (who will presumably be keen to impress) The handicap odds look pretty good to me - Udinese -1.25 1.95 Bet 365 Stake: 5 points

Udinese team to play UAE (from Udinese twitter) - Kelava; Coda, Bochniewicz, Naldo; Faraoni, Jadson, Hallberg, Alhassan; Jankto, Geijo, Zapata https://twitter.com/Udinese_1896 Quick look at transfermarkt shows that it's probably not a first choice team, but does include a few £1m - £2 rated players and some new signings (who will presumably be keen to impress) The handicap odds look pretty good to me - Udinese -1.25 1.95 Bet 365 Stake: 5 points
Is this the UAE national team?

Udinese team to play UAE (from Udinese twitter) - Kelava; Coda, Bochniewicz, Naldo; Faraoni, Jadson, Hallberg, Alhassan; Jankto, Geijo, Zapata https://twitter.com/Udinese_1896 Quick look at transfermarkt shows that it's probably not a first choice team, but does include a few £1m - £2 rated players and some new signings (who will presumably be keen to impress) The handicap odds look pretty good to me - Udinese -1.25 1.95 Bet 365 Stake: 5 points
Result: Udinese 2 UAW 1 Half void/half lost Stake: 5 points Return: 2.5 points

• 4 months later...

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AC Milan v Real Madrid (16:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]10[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.35[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.32 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Internazionale v Paris Saint-Germain (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.91[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.11 % [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Two high-profile friendlies today Tuesday 30th Dec. Milan v Real Madrid in Dubai Inter v PSG in Marrakesh

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 8 January 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]NAC Breda v Oud-Heverlee Leuven (13:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]11[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.74 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center]inrunning.gif [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Inter Baku v Inegolspor (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.16 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]KS Skënderbeu Korçë v ADO Den Haag (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]12[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.49 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Rot-Weiß Oberhausen v Fortuna Düsseldorf (18:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.86[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.99 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 9 January 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AC Sparta Praha v FC GRAFFIN Vlašim (10:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]111.52 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Mali v South Africa (11:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.23 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]NEC v KV Oostende (14:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.62[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]111.33 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Anderlecht v Vitesse (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.72[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]111.23 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Club Brugge v Heracles Almelo (15:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.53[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]111.25 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Heerenveen v Standard de Liège (17:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]111.11 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]SV Wehen Wiesbaden v Eintracht Frankfurt (18:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]111.11 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 10 January 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]PSV Eindhoven v Celtic (12:15 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]112.40 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Kray v SC Paderborn 07 (12:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.03[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.03[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.03[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]291.26 % [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]