** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Liverpool v Manchester United > Sun 1st September

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Liverpool v Manchester United (13:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.68[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.37 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say the old "rule" (if you can call it that) that Liverpool up their game against so-called bigger sides.
Not sure that overall history can be used in the analysis here. Liverpool's record against top half teams was simply abysmal for a man claiming we could target the top 2. Im still not convinced that Rodgers is tactically competent against real quality and our main hope will be that United are still adjusting under moyes. A draw, a

Re: Liverpool v Manchester United > Sun 1st September

Hadn't finished writing that :unsure Was just gonna add that a draw looks the safer option atm but, for me, its a no-bet.
Liverpool's games are almost always NO BET for me. Especially on the 1 x 2 market.

Re: Liverpool v Manchester United > Sun 1st September Cissokho, Toure and Allen injured tonight in game v Notts County. Although they aren't regular first team starters with the exception of Toure plus the game v Notts going to extra time I fancy Man Utd to have the edge over Liverpool now. If Liverpool had won the game easy then it was going to be no bet but I'm now favouring Man Utd

Re: Liverpool v Manchester United > Sun 1st September Not sure why the media still count Liverpool as a big club - they have been out of the CL places for a long time and haven't even reached the Europa league for a couple of years - truth is without that CL money for a few years you just get further behind the top 4 or 5 - Suarez will be a big miss too They have had a decent start but TBH two 1-0 wins against teams that just avoided relegation last year are a bit flattering plus struggling to beat third tier Notts County in extra time with a pretty strong lineup - that game will take a bit out of them so expect United with a longer rest and a much stronger squad to win easily (maybe they'll even have a new addition or two by game time \0/) 2-0 United - Rooney to start again after his (surprising) excellent performance against Chelsea and would back him for first goal

Not sure why the media still count Liverpool as a big club - they have been out of the CL places for a long time and haven't even reached the Europa league for a couple of years - truth is without that CL money for a few years you just get further behind the top 4 or 5 - Suarez will be a big miss too They have had a decent start but TBH two 1-0 wins against teams that just avoided relegation last year are a bit flattering plus struggling to beat third tier Notts County in extra time with a pretty strong lineup - that game will take a bit out of them so expect United with a longer rest and a much stronger squad to win easily (maybe they'll even have a new addition or two by game time \0/) 2-0 United - Rooney to start again after his (surprising) excellent performance against Chelsea and would back him for first goal
Van Persie for me.

Re: Liverpool v Manchester United > Sun 1st September Man U +0.5 @1.525 with B365 seems fairly safe Liverpool have won this fixture 3 out of last 10 times at Anfield, and their performance has been dropping over this period.

Re: Liverpool v Manchester United > Sun 1st September I think Both to Score @ 1.60-1.70 looks a good pick for an accumulator, since this bet would have won in the last 6 games between these two sides, and in last 8 out of the last 10 between them. Can even pick Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.80-1.90, which would have won in last 4 games between the two sides.

Re: Liverpool v Manchester United > Sun 1st September I am in agreement with most of the sentiments above. Liverpool played a midweek cup tie at home, in what should have been a walk over. In fact, they put out a fairly strong lineup, and got up 2-0. After that a bit of disaster which had to have leave them reeling a bit. Three knocks, albeit not to key members of the starting 11, but lots of minutes also played by guys like Gerrard and Sturridge. Further, it had to be a bit of a hit to their confidence to lose a comfortable lead (again at home), allowing two second half goals to a lower league team. And of course, every one is well aware that the key player for Liverpool, Suarez, is still serving a suspension. United on the other hand have to feel quite comfortable. They played well against Chelsea, even if they didn't win the full 3 points, they too the play to the away size for most of the game, had nice control of possession and played well formed defense, hardly allowing an opportunity against. Their offense was a bit tough to crack a pretty solid Chelsea defense, but, Welbeck blew and opportunity or two and there was a bit of rust on the passes/interplay between Rooney and RvP which I expect to get sharper as the season progresses and Rooney is back to full health (provided of course he stays with the club). Now, to me, this game offers great value in nearly 2/1 for a United away win. United have a chance to gain 7 points in their first three games, with two tricky road fixtures against European quality caliber clubs and a home fixture against the side tipped to be favored to win the prem. After this game, there is a two week break and upon return, United have a bit of a softer game at home against Crystal Palace, before a trip to the Eastlands for the Manchester Derby. There is absolutely no reason for Moyes to sit any key players, and I would expect a very similar lineup to the one we saw against Chelsea, with perhaps Kagawa getting the nod over Cleverly if Moyes feels Rooney can play the full 90 again (I suspect Kagawa didn't start in the event that Rooney ran out of gas, as Kagawa would have been the choice to fill Rooney's role there - but he can certainly play a box to box holding midfielder quite capably allowing Rooney to range further into the attack also). I believe Liverpool's defense not near as good as Chelsea's back four, and although Mignolet has played brilliantly from what I've seen so far, he again will be under pressure and I expect United to break through. Liverpool does always play well at Anfield and seems to raise their level of play against the upper tier clubs, but again, I am getting 2/1 to back the away side, and a side I believe will be brimming with confidence knowing what a fantastic start this will be after three games if they can grab the win here. Make no mistake, this is a big early season game. I generally wait until game day or more is known about probable lineups, but as mentioned above, with the break coming, I have no reasons to expect any shock benches/starts for United, so I have already sent my play in. United +199 to win and with confidence I have placed that wager.

Re: Liverpool v Manchester United > Sun 1st September First of all i think that both United and Chelsea were pathetic last weekend.They didn't create good opportunities with very bad passing. It was a boring 0:0 draw which actualy suits Mourinho.For this game,Moyes has never won at Anfield,but United haven't lost any of their 13 away games against top teams in England and L'pool has never won their first 3 matches since 1994/1995.Based on that i am going for a low scoring draw with both teams trying not to concede.Bet365 offer 3.3 which is value to me,even draw/draw HT/FT

Re: Liverpool v Manchester United > Sun 1st September Plenty of value in the draw here imo. Last 21/45 games involving Liverpool and United vs respective Band1 (1-5) and Band2 (6-10) teams finished in a draw. 43/125 between Band2 and Band1 over last 5 seasons also finished in a draw which means I make the draw around 2.5-2.7ish so very much value at current 3.40. However, only 2 of the last 22 league meetings between the sides have ended in a draw so giving it a wide berth. Last four games have all finished in a win by 1 goal so bearing in mind its unlikely to be a draw, sticking with the trend. Liverpool win by 1 goal 4.5 United win by 1 goal 4.8

Re: Liverpool v Manchester United > Sun 1st September hi fellow punters, luck and easy money seekers,cold blooded gamblers and rest :D 3 years following, but this will be my first post :p firstly, thank you everyone for information what helped me to beef up a bit trough this time and stopped me sticking my money in wrong places :) i picked this game, because i find games like these few times a week, were at odds higher then evens you are certain to hit it ( let`s say if they would play this game 10 times at same conditions , man u would certainly would win 4 times and you all ready on positive balance) . everyone here keeps saying "liverpool will up their game" ... it`s history, it`s not like it used to be... from real old time blood and sweet fighters only left gerrard, skrtel and agger, rest of them are newbies for this kind of encounter, it`s more like every top6 teams up their game against other top6 teams ... plus gerrard plays 7th full game in 21 days and liverpool have absolutely no subs for this game .. man u this year with moyes tactics will be in comfort zone to play on a break, and i don`t see liverpool`s attacking qualities to get close to goal or never mind two or more, with man u defense holding swans and chelski to only one goal ...rooney is back and on a fire, rvp seems scores every time at anfield ... in last 30 minutes man u bench length will give them second breath ... so for it i am going to play like this : 20% of my whole betting account on man u @2.75 with paddy power and 5% on EH (-1) @5.50 with pp :cigar plus for those who going for a draw here , you should play paddypower moneybackspecial ...If this match ends in a draw, we will refund all losing First Goalscorer, Last Goalscorer, Correct Score & Scorecast singles on the match ... and go for a kill instead @ high prices anyway... GL with what ever you choose :hope

Re: Liverpool v Manchester United > Sun 1st September Liverpool have brought many new players in and are building a team but I don't think they are ready for man utd. they still need time to jell all the players in the squad whereas I see man as more settled with good quality to win this match on the day. even though sturridge has scored some goals but he is an on/off player and nothing in comparison to robin van persie or rooney. man utd win

Re: Liverpool v Manchester United > Sun 1st September United win: 19/10 with Coral RVP FGS: 5/1 William Hill RVP MOTM: 7/1 Betvictor It pains me to say it but I think United have to be backed at 19/10. Nearly 2/1 isn't bad at all for a team that's hardly changed since walking away with the title last season. I can well see LFC having a fair share of the play, with lots of passing (and some nice moves) but sadly no cutting edge. It will be typical of United to just cut LFC down with some lethal finishing, most likely from RVP but just as easily a reinvigorated Rooney or even a confident Welbeck. Given the match may well be decided by RVP who has scored 4 times in his last 3 games v LFC (seems to have taken on the mantle of LFC's tormentor-in-chief since Drogba left Chelsea) and he'll be worth a small punt on both MOTM and First goalscorer markets.

Re: Liverpool v Manchester United > Sun 1st September Toure is back in contention to be fit according to todays reports. Mamadou Sakho signing tomorrow, along with another CB Ilori. To re in force the back-line. Difficult game to call, really difficult. Liverpool always up their game for United, and so far this season our luck seems to have changed. 2 wins from 2, no goals conceded, and both times we have been a tad lucky to hang on. (its about time) Both games so far, we have come out of the blocks first half and completely dominated games, kept the ball well and created a lot of chances. Not putting them away has cost us at the minute, but when it clicks, we'll score goals. I can see us putting a lot of pressure on United early on, and fancy us to take the lead. Coutinho and Sturridge are forming a brilliant combination, Sturridge already on 4 goals in 3 games this season, and Henderson is starting to grow as a Liverpool player. Don't under-estimate Liverpool here. Man United were quite poor against Chelsea, and still haven't bought any players, whish is holding them back. BETS; Sturridge Anytime scorer @ 6/4 Liverpool at Half-Time @ 2/1 Daniel Sturridge to score first & full-time result - DRAW @ 22/1 :hope

Liverpool have brought many new players in and are building a team but I don't think they are ready for man utd. they still need time to jell all the players in the squad whereas I see man as more settled with good quality to win this match on the day. even though sturridge has scored some goals but he is an on/off player and nothing in comparison to robin van persie or rooney. man utd win
Absolutely. Just like to add that Mignolet is a top class keeper who has already saved Pools skin a couples of times. Maybe this time he will be called upon too many times to save them all.

Re: Liverpool v Manchester United > Sun 1st September Liverpool finished 7th last year. Against the teams that finished above them (Utd, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs & Everton), Liverpool only won 1 of those 12 games last season - 3-2 home win vs Spurs. Not great. From what I've seen so far, Liverpool have some tidy passing, but lack cutting edge outside of some Sturridge brilliance and getting away with some edgy 1-0 wins. Stoke scored the fewest goals in the league away from home last year. Villa only won 5 games at home last year (only the relegated sides managed fewer) and only scored 23 home goals (only QPR, Stoke and Sunderland managed fewer home goals last season). So those results were expected and therefore Liverpool could have been more commanding and emphatic but weren't. The difference is I feel that Man Utd can score 2 or 3 goals if needed whilst Liverpool will create chances but have a low conversion rate and only score 1 or 2 goals. I like Man Utd to get a derby away win @19/10. As it is a derby, I'd look to back the chance of yellow and red cards to occur as well: Red Card @21/10. 4-6 bookings @10/11.

Re: Liverpool v Manchester United > Sun 1st September Seems too many posting, are bringing up "last season", this is a new season. Last season is not a good way to judge. For example the above poster, blasted the Villa win, saying "Villa only won 5 games at home last year" - This season they beat Arsenal, almost took a point off Chelsea and held us close. It wasn't an easy win, Villa will have a good year this season. So discrediting Liverpool on the back of that win is bit naïve. IMO. So to say Liverpool only won 1 of those against teams above them, falls into this category too, during those games last year we dominated several. Was beating City and Arsenal only to concede late goals. I mentioned in my post, it seems our luck has turned the corner already a touch this season. Use last season as the barometer at your peril. Just throwing some advice out there.

Re: Liverpool v Manchester United > Sun 1st September 4pts Man Utd to beat Liverpool (DNB) 21/20 Coral The best thing you can say about Liverpool’s season so far is that they haven’t missed Luis Suarez with Sturridge in red hot form but this will be their acid test. Defensively they’ve still looked a little suspect despite two clean sheets and they haven’t been completely fluent going forward. United were the better side against Chelsea the other night but couldn’t force a winner. I think this could be tight but this time United can sneak the win. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/liverpool-vs-man-utd-betting-united-can-sneak-a-win-at-anfield

Re: Liverpool v Manchester United > Sun 1st September Also interested in moving on Man United. 3.05 at away win (Pinnacle) is too high. I think they have impressed during the opening and I think that Uniteds way of play will work good away from home. Also may move on United WIN and odds to drop (SpiffX). United without Hernandez, Fletcher, Nani, Rafael. Liverpool without Suarez, Toure, Allen, Coates, Cissokho.

Re: Liverpool v Manchester United > Sun 1st September I fancy a united away win here. I think Liverpool's passing style of play is used to disguise the lack of quality in the team, Liverpool look impressive at times against lower teams due to them being tactically inept and lacking discipline defensively to handle Liverpool's tempo of play. Man utd look impressive as a defensive unit so far and shut out Chelsea whose offensive lineup is superior to Liverpool's. With Mignolet's recent form in mind, I fancy this to be a tight game but don't see Liverpool fashioning many chances. United to win with a clean sheet for me.

Re: Liverpool v Manchester United > Sun 1st September Liverpool vs Utd - Utd double chance @ 1.6 Betfair These odds are way too high. I think Liverpool have been fluky to be on 6/6pts so far, against two teams who are most likely going to be in the bottom half at the end of this season. Liverpool's problems last season were conversion and that hasn't seemingly been rectified from what we've seen so far. It doesn't help that the Ferdinand / Vidic partnership looks excellent at the moment so chances may be at a premium. Utd are more clinical and should create enough chances against a questionable defence (I don't know if there new signings Sako or Illori will play but I don't know too much about them anyhow) My only concern is that Moyes has a poor record against Liverpool with Everton and I still question his capabilities in the "big" games, and also his instinct to win when in the balance going into a games latter stages rather than to not lose However the Utd team is superior to Liverpool, and I just can't see them losing (though they may be satisfied with a draw), therefore I see this as an exceptional bet :hope

I think Both to Score @ 1.60-1.70 looks a good pick for an accumulator, since this bet would have won in the last 6 games between these two sides, and in last 8 out of the last 10 between them. Can even pick Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.80-1.90, which would have won in last 4 games between the two sides.
Liverpool v the top 7 at home last season. Amazingly Liverpool conceded 2 goals a game in 6 of those 7 games. They have to be better this season. They won 1 of 7, and were the only top 8 team to have a negative goal difference ( scored 8 conceded 12) All the bets mentioned above scare me . The overs is under pressure because without Suarez, the goal threat is limited from Liverpool. They are a much stronger midfield unit, so United will have a more difficult time scoring. Liverpool's last 8 gmes at home have produced just 6 goals. This puts the Over's under pressure. Liverpool also have 4 clean sheets in their last 5 games. BTTS is under pressure, and overs also so. To me it's a game to watch, maybe have a ( very small bet) long shot accumulator on goalscorer and score . Sometimes not losing money is as good as winning it !!!

Re: Liverpool v Manchester United > Sun 1st September RVP to score first between 21st-45th min 14/1 B365. Expect a nervy start which should see a fairly attacking start. Expect utd to start to come in to it more the second part of the first half and only one man seems to look like opening the scoring for utd.

Re: Liverpool v Manchester United > Sun 1st September Wayne Rooney is a doubt for the game after sustaining a head injury in training. :sad I think it will have a huge impact on the game whether Rooney starts or not. I do know he sometimes seems to struggle against Liverpool, but the way he played against Chelsea was amazing. IMO he is Uniteds best guy to pull the string upfront, and it will be a huge blow to the squad if he misses the game. I will wait for the lineups for this one, and if he starts i will definitely go for the Utd win. If he misses the game tho, i'm not so sure of what to do. :hope :hope :hope