** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Liverpool v Manchester United > Sun 1st September

Re: Liverpool v Manchester United > Sun 1st September Wayne Rooney misses out after requiring stitches in a head injury he suffered in training on Saturday. This sounds like an excuse for him to look into possible transfer? I don't know. Backing United today for the win 2/1 @bet365. I can see united playing defensively with Carrick, Jones, Ferdinand, Vidic and Evra all starting, The pace from Valencia and the quality of Van Persie, I recon we can see 1-0 2-0 win for United.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Liverpool v Manchester United > Sun 1st September First goalscorer Sturridge @9.00 appeals to me. Although RVP scored against Villa he seemed lethargic and far from his peak and the fact that he couldn't break the deadlock against Chelsea makes me think that it was Villa's profligacy more than anything which enabled him to find the net. Sturridge on the other seemed sharp and hungry to have a good season and with creative players around him I fancy him to break the deadlock first. Concerning the match itself I'm of the opinion that Liverpool will give a good account of themselves at Anfield. In Johnson, Gerrard, Lucas, Enrique they have some experienced players and they can help the youngsters hold their nerves. The game against Notts County went to extra time but the question is whether Liverpool players were busting a gut or did they already have an eye on this fixture?

Re: Liverpool v Manchester United > Sun 1st September The one that jumps out at me here is bookings. Andre Marriner's last 6 domestic league ref appearances have seen 4 reds and plenty of yellows, and with the spice and passion in this game we should expect to see plenty more. I'll be taking 10/11 at over 55 booking points at William Hill.

Re: Liverpool v Manchester United > Sun 1st September

The one that jumps out at me here is bookings. Andre Marriner's last 6 domestic league ref appearances have seen 4 reds and plenty of yellows, and with the spice and passion in this game we should expect to see plenty more. I'll be taking 10/11 at over 55 booking points at William Hill.
Phew. Glad I went for this and not goals...

Toure is back in contention to be fit according to todays reports. Mamadou Sakho signing tomorrow, along with another CB Ilori. To re in force the back-line. Difficult game to call, really difficult. Liverpool always up their game for United, and so far this season our luck seems to have changed. 2 wins from 2, no goals conceded, and both times we have been a tad lucky to hang on. (its about time) Both games so far, we have come out of the blocks first half and completely dominated games, kept the ball well and created a lot of chances. Not putting them away has cost us at the minute, but when it clicks, we'll score goals. I can see us putting a lot of pressure on United early on, and fancy us to take the lead. Coutinho and Sturridge are forming a brilliant combination, Sturridge already on 4 goals in 3 games this season, and Henderson is starting to grow as a Liverpool player. Don't under-estimate Liverpool here. Man United were quite poor against Chelsea, and still haven't bought any players, whish is holding them back. BETS; Sturridge Anytime scorer @ 6/4 Liverpool at Half-Time @ 2/1 Daniel Sturridge to score first & full-time result - DRAW @ 22/1 :hope
Seems too many posting, are bringing up "last season", this is a new season. Last season is not a good way to judge. For example the above poster, blasted the Villa win, saying "Villa only won 5 games at home last year" - This season they beat Arsenal, almost took a point off Chelsea and held us close. It wasn't an easy win, Villa will have a good year this season. So discrediting Liverpool on the back of that win is bit naïve. IMO. So to say Liverpool only won 1 of those against teams above them, falls into this category too, during those games last year we dominated several. Was beating City and Arsenal only to concede late goals. I mentioned in my post, it seems our luck has turned the corner already a touch this season. Use last season as the barometer at your peril. Just throwing some advice out there.
Boom. Great win, and fully deserved.

We deserved at least a draw from that - battered Liverpool for long periods Let down by poor corners and free kicks though Definitely need two midfielders and a winger tomorrow
I dunno what game you were watching. But the game I watched, we deserved NOTHING. Liverpool defended very well, United created fcuk all

Rooney out changed everything...and Moyes is useless
Moyes is useless? What sort of a garbage statement is that? Why is he useless? Because he lost to liverpool at Anfield? You would swear we were playing Gillingham ffs

I dunno what game you were watching.
Pretty much level on attempts and shots on target Corners won 7 to 2 -- 57% possession Just lacked a final ball :( Lost the game because Young tried to dribble away from the penalty area and we defended the corner badly - Liverpool did very little but defend for 86 minutes apart from the Sterling effort at the end Expect Fellaini, Baines and Herrera to sign tomorrow - would have added Gundokan to that but he's out for a month

Pretty much level on attempts and shots on target Corners won 7 to 2 -- 57% possession Just lacked a final ball :( Lost the game because Young tried to dribble away from the penalty area and we defended the corner badly - Liverpool did very little but defend for 86 minutes apart from the Sterling effort at the end Expect Fellaini, Baines and Herrera to sign tomorrow - would have added Gundokan to that but he's out for a month
Possession, corners, means nothing. For the entire 90 minutes, United had plenty of the ball and could do absolutely nothing with it. In fact, I cannot think of 1 good opportunity created bar Van Persie's half chance with 5 minutes to go. No intensity, no ideas, Cleverley is absolutely useless, Young is useless, Welbeck and Van Persie were no good. United defended well after the goal, that was the only positive to take

United win: 19/10 with Coral RVP FGS: 5/1 William Hill RVP MOTM: 7/1 Betvictor It pains me to say it but I think United have to be backed at 19/10. Nearly 2/1 isn't bad at all for a team that's hardly changed since walking away with the title last season. I can well see LFC having a fair share of the play, with lots of passing (and some nice moves) but sadly no cutting edge. It will be typical of United to just cut LFC down with some lethal finishing, most likely from RVP but just as easily a reinvigorated Rooney or even a confident Welbeck. Given the match may well be decided by RVP who has scored 4 times in his last 3 games v LFC (seems to have taken on the mantle of LFC's tormentor-in-chief since Drogba left Chelsea) and he'll be worth a small punt on both MOTM and First goalscorer markets.
Spunked a fair few bob down the drain this weekend but would do it every weekend if it meant 3 points for LFC! LFC's defence was outstanding and United ran out of ideas IMO. For some perspective though, United will finish above LFC by the end of the season and Spurs will finish above Arsenal.

Re: Liverpool v Manchester United > Sun 1st September I would definitely bet my left nut that Liverpool won't end up top 4 :D Despite the result there was were positives - Chico back earlier than expected and looked pretty sharp \0/ The other positive was that it showed we NEED a hard man in midfield and we WILL get him tomorrow .. come on Fellaini We'll get the money back from all the wigs sold in the club shop .. maybe Rooney could wear one ... certainly cheaper than the plugs he got :D

I would definitely bet my left nut that Liverpool won't end up top 4 :D Despite the result there was were positives - Chico back earlier than expected and looked pretty sharp \0/ The other positive was that it showed we NEED a hard man in midfield and we WILL get him tomorrow .. come on Fellaini We'll get the money back from all the wigs sold in the club shop .. maybe Rooney could wear one ... certainly cheaper than the plugs he got :D
Linked with Alcantara, Fabregas, Ozil, how happy will you really be signing Fellaini? Not meaning to be provocative, just a genuine question. Apologies to mods if this lends itself to off-topic but assume its okay as it's a quick question and post-match?

I would definitely bet my left nut that Liverpool won't end up top 4 :D Despite the result there was were positives - Chico back earlier than expected and looked pretty sharp \0/ The other positive was that it showed we NEED a hard man in midfield and we WILL get him tomorrow .. come on Fellaini We'll get the money back from all the wigs sold in the club shop .. maybe Rooney could wear one ... certainly cheaper than the plugs he got :D
Liverpool WILL finish top 4. Above Spurs and Arsenal. Suarez to come back, Sakho, Ilori, Moses + 1 more to come in. Mignolet excellent, defence solid, Coutinho hasn't even started yet, Sturridge on fire.... Add Suarez and the potential is huge. Big season ahead

Liverpool WILL finish top 4. Above Spurs and Arsenal. Suarez to come back, Sakho, Ilori, Moses + 1 more to come in. Mignolet excellent, defence solid, Coutinho hasn't even started yet, Sturridge on fire.... Add Suarez and the potential is huge. Big season ahead
Given yer start to the league, it is a possibility. Solid defence, proven goalscorers, good midfield, good keeper. Why not! Just have to get consistent, but this is the best I have seen the Pool play since the year Benitez threw away the league

Linked with Alcantara, Fabregas, Ozil, how happy will you really be signing Fellaini?
To be fair Fellaini is totally different to the other three - they are more creative midfielders while Fellaini is the hard man destroyer we've been crying out for since Keano left He'd certainly be ahead of some of the dross we've been linked with like Wanayama (can't be bothered to check spelling because he's not worth it :D ) I don't know why we've been linked with those three players anyway as we already have a classy creative midfielder who can't even get a game (Kagawa) - TBH I reckon half the times the media say we've bid for someone is just paper talk or Sky trying to fill a few minutes in a slow day

Given yer start to the league, it is a possibility. Solid defence, proven goalscorers, good midfield, good keeper. Why not! Just have to get consistent, but this is the best I have seen the Pool play since the year Benitez threw away the league
Don't remind me of that year. We are looking like a team again, the spirit in the camp is fantastic, and that helps a lot on the field. They are all playing for each other, Rodgers has done brilliantly. Last year we struggled a bit defensively with the new system/setup. Looks like that has been addressed in the summer. Solid foundations, whilst others have all had change. Bale leaving Spurs is a massive loss, they seem to have painted over it with all their singings, but for me they are not as good without him. Capoue out with a broken leg too already. Soldado a lot to be desired, £30 million improvement on Defoe? not for me, very similar players. Chadli looks average. Paulinho, did they really need him? he's good and improves "the squad" but not so much the first Xl. I really don't get the Spurs love in, whilst Bale has left. Arsenal have got to add, at least 3/4 more. Have they got enough time? and has Wenger got enough bottle to splash the cash? Strange scenario over at the Emirates. Might have a slightly biased edge, but were not in Europe, meaning can concentrate on the league, and were much more settled than our rivals.

To be fair Fellaini is totally different to the other three - they are more creative midfielders while Fellaini is the hard man destroyer we've been crying out for since Keano left He'd certainly be ahead of some of the dross we've been linked with like Wanayama (can't be bothered to check spelling because he's not worth it :D ) I don't know why we've been linked with those three players anyway as we already have a classy creative midfielder who can't even get a game (Kagawa) - TBH I reckon half the times the media say we've bid for someone is just paper talk or Sky trying to fill a few minutes in a slow day
Dross like Wanyama? He's a top DM, would have been good for United, and Arsenal were crying out for him. Kagawa is a strange one, he should be playing. United need creativity, he has it... cant understand it at all.

Re: Liverpool v Manchester United > Sun 1st September I can't remember the last "star" from the SPL to even make the grade in the Premier - wasn't it Drunken Duncan Ferguson? - Even McCoist was a failure The last big thing Jelavic couldn't even start in front of Anichebe last season