** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

June 17 - June 23

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: June 17 - June 23

5pts Over 21.5 games 1.90 Bet365 2.5pts J.Hampton to beat C.Wozniacki 2.37 Bet365 Take it with a pinch of salt because I can't pick my nose right now. I had Safarova in the last round and despite her serving to win in straight sets she somehow lost. This says alot about Hampton and probably tells me why I don't normally go against her. She is a fighter of the highest calibre. She has now beat Radwanska and Safarova and I think she will go well here and see it through.
She needs to be English. I love the little fighter. Once again 1-0 down in sets and 5-4 down with Wozniacki serving for the game she comes back and wins the set and then goes on to win the second 6-4. Pure quality. Never gives up and finally a break to my awful luck. 6-7 7-5 6-3. Hope she goes on to win it.

Re: June 17 - June 23 Seppi to beat Simon 6/5 Ladbrokes Simon leads the head to heads 3-0 but the last time they played was 5 years ago and never on grass. Normally I would look at the overs in Simon's matches or even the total games for his opponent but I cannot see any great value there as I think Seppi will win the match and furthermore with Wimbledon so close, the last thing Simon wants I think is a long drawn out match. Seppi on the other hand won this tournament 2 years ago and was runner up last year to Roddick. If Seppi wins the first set I expect him to win the match in 2. 5 points win Seppi to beat Simon 6/5 Ladbrokes 2.5 points win Seppi 2-0 3/1 William Hill Well done to Fader on the Hampton overs but we both collect on the win market there which is great! I think she will win it!

Re: June 17 - June 23 I had a look at the Hampton match on and off, she had so many chances to win that first set! serving at 5-4 and also 5-2 up in the tiebreak! but fair play to for coming back after that, she is without question the guttiest player on the womens' tour in 2013, the amount of times this woman has come back from the dead is incredible She's probably gonna be fatigued for Wimbledon though, which is a shame, as otherwise I'd fancy her to go deep

Re: June 17 - June 23 Hampton to beat Vesnina 11/8 Coral. Here we have 2 players playing very well. Vesnina is powerful off both wings and hits the ball flat. She has been striking the ball well all week and apart from her first round match against Ivanovic, hasn't dropped a set all week. The thing about Vesnina is that when things are going well they go very very well but when the errors start she doesnt seem to have a plan B and that is why, in many of her matches, she has been beaten comprehensively. Hampton is improving rapidly, has a more varied game with a good serve, forehand and backhand. She has been well and truly under the cosh in her last two matches but came through. Her opponents included Radwanska, Safarova and Wozniacki and 2 of those players give very little so she had to make the plays. Vesnina beat Ivanovic, Watson, Li and Wickmayer and 3 of those can self destruct and did. I would place Vesnina in that category too. It's a final so they will both be nervous but if Hampton gets into her head and Vesnina has to play from behind, I can see her collapsing. I cannot predict a line in this match as there is always the possibility that one player will fall victim to nerves, producing a lob-sided score. 10 points win Hampton 11/8 Coral

Re: June 17 - June 23 Flipkens to beat Halep 6/4 Paddy Power Is Flipkens injured? I know she had treatment on her back against Radwanska but didnt she her match today. This match features a grasscourt player against a clay courter and I think far too much has been read into Halep's demolition of Vinci and victory over Suarez Navarro in the semis. Remember what week it is next week and those results may be taken with a grain of salt. You cannot take those victories away from Halep but I would expect Flipkens to use her slice on both wings and her attacking game to see off Halep. Flipkens was ruuner up here last year to Petrova and I know she wants to go one better here. 10 points win Flipkens 6/4 Paddy Power 5 Point Double Mahut to beat Wawrinka 9/4 and Simon to beat Lopez 6/5 Bet365 (7.15) Mahut is a better grasscourt player than Wawrinka. Wawrinka has played well but has met nobody of note whereas Mahut diesposed of Malisse easily in the semis. Ok, getting back to this match. Mahut has an excellent serve and rushes the net, whereas Wawrinka takes a huge swing on both wings and needs a rhythm for his groundies to flow. Mahut will not give him that. Of course Mahut needs to serve well but if he does as he has been and Wawrinka starts slowly as he usually does this match could be over quite quickly. The Lopez/Simon match takes on a whole new meaning as they are meeting in the first round at Wimbledon again and I expect Simon will be trying. He should have beaten Seppi easier than he did, was not killing himself against Edmond easier but he does not want to lose to Lopez and give him a physchological advantage going into next week. Lopez has done nothing wrong this week and has through the years better form on grass but this is a final and if Simon can stay focused and return the Lopez serve I see him winning this one and following up in a few days time.

Re: June 17 - June 23 Back Nicolas Mahut to beat Stanislas Wawrinka @ 3.60 >Betfair I'm going against Wawrinka again, as although the score against Garcia-Lopez in his last match suggests it was an easy win, in reality it should have been closer than it was. Garcia-Lopez had plenty of opportunities to break but failed to take them, and I think if Mahut gets chances in this match then he won't be as wasteful. He should also be solid on serve, as he has been throughout this tournament, and I can see Wawrinka getting frustrated by his serve and volley game. Regardless of rankings or overall form, Mahut is the more experienced player on grass, and I think he can bring that experience to bear against Wawrinka.

Re: June 17 - June 23 Feliciano Lopez vs. Gilles Simon What an interesting final at the ATP World Tour event in Eastbourne, where Spaniard Feliciano Lopez meets Gilles Simon from France and also a nice opportunity for us to make a nice tennis bet before the start of Wimbledon. This is obviously not a good season for the 31-year-old Feliciano Lopez as he holds just a 16-8 match record in 2013 but one should never understimate his skills on fast surfaces, especially on grass courts. Despite being Spaniard, Feliciano Lopez has a perfect style of play for this surface and is always hard to beat on grass. We shouldn´t forget that Lopez reached the quarterfinals at Wimbledon on three occassions. His excellenet left-handed serve and attacking style of play with slices and stable volleys are really effective weapons on grass courts. In the end he has a solid 44-26 career record on this surface with wins over players like Nadal, Roddick, Safin or Henman. Lopez is showing some pretty good tennis in last weeks, winning four matches in Queens and now reaching the final in Eastbourne after defeating Nieminen, Monaco, Verdasco and Dodig without loosing a single set. That´s pretty impressive and we should also mention that he was broken only once during those four matches, so it is obvious that his serve is working perfectly these days. His opponent will be Frenchman Gilles Simon - a player who has been more successful during his career and has already won 10 ATP Tour titles but also a player who has never achieved a great result on grass and this is without any doubt his least favourite surface, in contrary to Feliciano Lopez. Right, Simon has already defeated players like Federer, Nadal or Djokovic during his career but his main weapons are mainly consistency, great movement on the baseline and solid backhand but they are not that effective on grass, where offensive style of play is usually rewarded. Also Simon is yet to lose a set this year in Eastbourne, defeating Edmund, Tomic and Seppi but he wasn´t that impressive. All in all the final outcome of this match depends mainly on the performance of Feliciano Lopez because if he shows good performance then he really has perfect game to beat Simon on grass and we are confident that this will be the case today and Feliciano Lopez will win his third ATP Tour title.

• Starting Time: 22 June 2013, 16:10 CET
  • Bet: Lopez
  • Odds: 1.800
  • Stake: 9 units
  • Bookmaker: Pinnacle Sports

Re: June 17 - June 23 Mahut/Wawrinka Tiebreak in match? Yes @ Evs Ladbrokes Lopez/Simon Tiebreak in match? Yes @ 8/11 Ladbrokes All of these guys are holding a very high percentage of their service points so I feel both these odds should be lower, will probably do a double.

Re: June 17 - June 23

2pts K.Anderson to win ATP Eastbourne 13.00 Ladbrokes 1pt F.Lopez to win ATP Eastbourne 15.00 Ladbrokes I think both of these should have a good tournament and potentially could be our final. Lopez looked very good at Queens and could of easily made the final after pushing Cilic so close. He has taken well to the grass and will want to follow that on with a decent draw here. Anderson also in some decent form will have a test against Simon but if he gets through that Id expect him to beat Kohlschrieber too and 13s seems a decent price.
Saved in the end by Hampton & Feliciano Lopez winning : )