** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

THE GRAND NATIONAL 2013 April 6th

Re: THE GRAND NATIONAL 2013 April 6th

It's not a trend I would definitely use to be honest. If it was apparent that a horses mark has been protected then it is worth taking note of but I wouldnt ignore a horse that hadnt run over hurdles. I think there are other ways of judging if a horse is well treated and/or fit enough.
Yes, i would agree,I think I would assume a horse was just having a prep race myself, unless press reports gave the trainers intention to protect his rating. Cant see what information can be gained, I don't think i would be too bothered if the horse was well beaten either as i would assume the whole exercise was to get a race into the horse before the National. Still all boils down to his chase form and whatever else we use to select a horse for a particular race.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: THE GRAND NATIONAL 2013 April 6th There are maybe 2 or 3 that can break into the picture, who have not run in a national before. But last years race was run at a relentless gallop, the time this year will be very much the same given the conditions, 9mins to 9mins 10, That is your first port of call Imo, then trying to gauge what other horses could run at that pace, jump around, and being able to stay off their OR, and achieving a low 9 min plus time. It aint easy....

Re: THE GRAND NATIONAL 2013 April 6th Just took a look at Imperial Commander’s last run and noticed he ran behind Cape Tribulation receiving 6lbs. Cape Tribulation is rated in the mid150s which means that IC ran to about 150 that day? It was his,first run for a couple of years though so should improve for that, and for better ground. I’m not sure what I’m trying to say really! Just confusing myself working out how well treated IC actually is.

Re: THE GRAND NATIONAL 2013 April 6th there is still the factor of avoiding horses falling in front of you in the National. You have to jump well and be very lucky all the way around. There is also some jockeys who i feel perhaps are more intelligent than others as to how they race in the National. Surely best to either be in the front rank or track in midfield on outside perhaps. I would hope they plot how they will run and hope for the best. Its an easy track to ride and horses need to save some energy for that gruelling run in. I can see Imperial Commander running a big race as a former Gold cup winner and hope for connections it comes home safely. Across the bay still attracts me as i think it will get round and be thereabouts

Re: THE GRAND NATIONAL 2013 April 6th Imperial Commander's connections are very loyal to Paddy Brennan and i reckon they would sooner go to Punchestown so he can ride it, not sure if anything has been 100% confirmed yet although the trainer keeps saying he's on target for the National. Wouldn't have thought they would have left him in at this stage if he wasnt going to run though?

Re: THE GRAND NATIONAL 2013 April 6th 1 of the main stats I'm trying not to put too much emphasis on this season is the number of seasonal runs. Neptune broke it last year, but I'm more concerned about the bad winter we've had finally taking its toll. Going off memory and trials day at Cheltenham has thrown up a few subsequent duff runs since, notably, Cape Tribulation, Oscar Whiskey and Reve de Sivola. It's possible that,that meeting, run on bad ground could have finished them for the season. Whereas, horses such as Bobs Worth and Silvanio Conti and Long Run were kept fresh or relatively fresh, ran big races at the festival. This would be my worry for Imperial Commander. Could be worth bearing in mind for the other Aintree races.

Re: THE GRAND NATIONAL 2013 April 6th Yeh but a lot of those runs have come on ground he clearly doesn't enjoy. His record other than racing at Aintree is pretty rubbish since 2008... not just in races over 3m2f. I am not saying he will stay but I don't think it's 100% that he won't. He has wins at 25f where the racing post comments read stayed on strongly or stayed on well towards finish. I think it's fair to say he is a different horse when racing at Aintree and especially over these fences. In his Topham wins he is always strongest at the finish and always seems to keep finding under pressure... I don't why I am trying to talk myself into backing him :loon

Re: THE GRAND NATIONAL 2013 April 6th I would be wary of stats like that for horses who are always targeted at a specific race like he has for the last few years. With horses whose marks are being protected I think you can dismiss a lot of the runs. He has won over 3 miles over hurdles before and is related to a few horses who were second in the bet365 Gold Cup

Re: THE GRAND NATIONAL 2013 April 6th I'm happy to take the 7s for On His Own. Hedgehunter ran away with it at those odds in 05 for Mullins/Walsh. I also read Graham Wylie saying his horse is a really strong stayer with a touch of class, so granted a clear round I would hope it justifies favouritism.

Re: THE GRAND NATIONAL 2013 April 6th I'm in the same boat as many on here in that those at the head of the market look solid, but I for one can't back anything at a single figure price in a race where you need a hell of a lot of luck in running. For what it's worth, Ninetieth Minute looks an interesting contender to me at a big e/w price. The horse would be crossed off most lists because it's been on the deck a few times, but with the easier fences and a patient ride from Sliippers Madden (a former National winning jockey), then it could just surprise at big odds. It's pretty much 66/1 across the board but trading at around 150/1 on the exchanges. The key stat though is that it's progeny of Old Vic (one of 3 in the race) which is a major plus given the record of Old Vics progeny in recent years (Comply or Die, Sunnyhillboy, Black Apalachi, Dont Push It etc). The trainer has been making some good noises about this horse in recent weeks and the horse ticks quite a few boxes on the trends as well. Having said all that, it'll probably fall at the first :lol so my "sensible" bet would be the 6/1 with William Hills for A P McCoys mount to start the race as favourite. I'm assuming he's going to choose Colbert Station and I actually think this is a cracking price. It has the advantage of actually having a decent chance so the big players may add money to the money of all the once a year punters that will blindly back McCoy. I couldn't have Don't push It in a million years when that won for McCoy and was amazed by the price crash on the day and I could see the same happening again. It's around 12/1 now but if McCoy announces that he's on it, it could go off at 6/1 on the day which would certainly make it the favourite.

The 3 im fancying at the minute are Balthazar king' date=' Cappa bleu and Sunnyhill boy. Think il wait till the day though but i am tempted to put them on bet victor who are paying top 6 finish.[/quote'] Marvellous...3 decent picks, but you might as well put it on with them at SP, their odds are very very poor.

Marvellous...3 decent picks' date=' but you might as well put it on with them at SP, their odds are very very poor.[/quote'] Do you think its better on the national to go with 3 horses smallish bets or go for the 1 horse big bet?

Re: THE GRAND NATIONAL 2013 April 6th Thursday's final declaration stage saw Backstage, Poker de Sivola, Pearlysteps and Quinz all withdrawn, meaning both Soll and Viking Blond get a run. The reserves are Pentiffic and Mortimers Cross who will get a run if there is a withdrawal before Friday morning. The field is headed by Imperial Commander, the 2010 Cheltenham Gold Cup winner. Champion jockey Tony McCoy has opted to ride Colbert Station for Ted Walsh rather than Sunnyhillboy

Re: THE GRAND NATIONAL 2013 April 6th Gone in for the 4th and final time with Quel Esprit @50/1 ew. Fits many of the stats and my 2, above 11st and hurdles rating of 140+ has been achieved. Now down to 139, no doubt with the Irish handicapper not being as figure happy as his English counterpart. 3 notable things about him a/ hopefully Paul Townend will ride him, he's 5/7 when riding b/ his trainers comment, " he'll stay all day" c/ he's avoided most of the season. Looking at some of today's runs, a lot of those who ran at Cheltenham, have run below par today. Peso, that's my 4 for the race done, and I'll be disappointed if I don't get a placing at least. If I get nothing, then next year, I'll go back to the old tried and tested method of backing The Pilgarlick and Durham Edition ew.:wall

Yeh but a lot of those runs have come on ground he clearly doesn't enjoy. His record other than racing at Aintree is pretty rubbish since 2008... not just in races over 3m2f. I am not saying he will stay but I don't think it's 100% that he won't. He has wins at 25f where the racing post comments read stayed on strongly or stayed on well towards finish. I think it's fair to say he is a different horse when racing at Aintree and especially over these fences. In his Topham wins he is always strongest at the finish and always seems to keep finding under pressure... I don't why I am trying to talk myself into backing him :loon
I know this is the most unreliable information ever and not really that useful, but this was posted on a Derby forum, from a known forum member, who I'd personally trust but realise that means nothing to most; A horse called Always Waining is running in the National on Satdee. Its won at Aintree 4 times (not in the national) and has won the Midlands Grand National at Utch before. It is fully expected to "get round" ie finish the race, and is rated as a good each way bet by the owner who is from Utch (and a rams fan!)

Grand National Selections [TABLE=class: cardGrid cardGridGl, width: 635]

[TR] [TH=bgcolor: #E0E0E0, align: left]NO.[/TH] [TH=bgcolor: #E0E0E0, align: left]FORM[/TH] [TH=bgcolor: #E0E0E0, colspan: 2, align: left]HORSE[/TH] [TH=class: c, bgcolor: #E0E0E0, align: center]AGE[/TH] [TH=class: r, bgcolor: #E0E0E0, align: right]WGT[/TH] [TH=bgcolor: #E0E0E0, align: left]TRAINER RTF%[/TH] [TH=bgcolor: #E0E0E0, align: left]JOCKEY[/TH] [TH=class: r, bgcolor: #E0E0E0, align: right]OR[/TH] [TH=class: r, bgcolor: #E0E0E0, align: right]TS[/TH] [TH=class: r lc_rating, bgcolor: #E0E0E0, align: right]RPR[/TH] [/TR] [TR] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]1U1P/2[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Imperial Commander 70 t[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]12[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]11-10[/TD] [TD]Nigel Twiston-Davies69[/TD] [TD]Sam Twiston-Davies[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]158[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]100[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]172[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]2[/TD] [TD]33F7-8[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]What A Friend 42 b[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]10[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]11-9[/TD] [TD]Paul Nicholls40[/TD] [TD]Sam Thomas[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]157[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]154[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]171[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]3[/TD] [TD]PF-4PP[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Weird Al 56[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]10[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]11-8[/TD] [TD]Donald McCain39[/TD] [TD]Timmy Murphy[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]156[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]104[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]172[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]4[/TD] [TD]113-04[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Quel Esprit 56[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]9[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]11-7[/TD] [TD]W P Mullins55[/TD] [TD]Paul Townend[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]155[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]93[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]167[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]5[/TD] [TD]7/U312[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Big Fella Thanks 35 t[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]11[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]11-6[/TD] [TD]Tom George57[/TD] [TD]Denis O'Regan[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]154[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]157[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]164[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]6[/TD] [TD]113-23[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Seabass 42[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]10[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]11-6[/TD] [TD]T M Walsh[/TD] [TD]Ms K Walsh[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]154[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]41[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]169[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]7[/TD] [TD]1U355[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Roberto Goldback 42[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]11[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]11-6[/TD] [TD]Nicky Henderson40[/TD] [TD]Barry Geraghty[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]154[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]142[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]170[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]8[/TD] [TD]912-5P[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Sunnyhillboy 84[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]10[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]11-4[/TD] [TD]Jonjo O´Neill36[/TD] [TD]Richie McLernon[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]152[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]—[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]167[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]9[/TD] [TD]46-P73[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Ballabriggs 35 distance-cd.gif[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]12[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]11-4[/TD] [TD]Donald McCain39[/TD] [TD]Jason Maguire[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]152[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]135[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]172[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]10[/TD] [TD]1-8620[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Teaforthree 49[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]9[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]11-3[/TD] [TD]Rebecca Curtis33[/TD] [TD]Nick Scholfield[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]151[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]145[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]167[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]11[/TD] [TD]11271[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Across The Bay 49 tb[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]9[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]11-2[/TD] [TD]Donald McCain39[/TD] [TD]Henry Brooke[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]150[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]111[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]172[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]12[/TD] [TD]P3-72P[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Join Together 35 distance-bf.gif[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]8[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]11-2[/TD] [TD]Paul Nicholls40[/TD] [TD]Daryl Jacob[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]150[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]156[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]168[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]13[/TD] [TD]3-5211[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Colbert Station 62 t[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]9[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]11-1[/TD] [TD]T M Walsh[/TD] [TD]A P McCoy[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]149[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]108[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]163[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]14[/TD] [TD]2P1536[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Forpadydeplasterer 34[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]11[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]11-0[/TD] [TD]Thomas Cooper[/TD] [TD]Andrew J McNamara[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]148[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]120[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]166[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]15[/TD] [TD]B1F-1[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]On His Own 46[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]9[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]11-0[/TD] [TD]W P Mullins55[/TD] [TD]R Walsh[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]148[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]136[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]170[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]16[/TD] [TD]35233[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Joncol 56[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]10[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]10-13[/TD] [TD]Paul Nolan44[/TD] [TD]Robbie Power[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]147[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]110[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]168[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]17[/TD] [TD]0O1-12[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Balthazar King 141 distance-bf.gif[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]9[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]10-12[/TD] [TD]Philip Hobbs30[/TD] [TD]Richard Johnson[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]146[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]142[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]165[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]18[/TD] [TD]334-22[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Cappa Bleu 49 t[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]11[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]10-11[/TD] [TD]Evan Williams57[/TD] [TD]Paul Moloney[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]145[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]121[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]171[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]19[/TD] [TD]4-4U60[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Oscar Time 27[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]12[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]10-11[/TD] [TD]M M Lynch[/TD] [TD]Mr S Waley-Cohen[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]145[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]107[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]168[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]20[/TD] [TD]091-78[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Always Waining 28 p distance-c.gif[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]12[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]10-10[/TD] [TD]Peter Bowen83[/TD] [TD]Tom O'Brien[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]144[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]101[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]167[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]21[/TD] [TD]5U-676[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Tatenen 22[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]9[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]10-10[/TD] [TD]Richard Rowe50[/TD] [TD]Andrew Thornton[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]144[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]111[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]169[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]22[/TD] [TD]23F-71[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Treacle 21[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]12[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]10-9[/TD] [TD]T J Taaffe[/TD] [TD]A E Lynch[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]143[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]69[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]170[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]23[/TD] [TD]011611[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Lost Glory 175 t[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]8[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]10-8[/TD] [TD]Jonjo O´Neill36[/TD] [TD]Mark Walsh[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]142[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]118[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]166[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]24[/TD] [TD]P1440[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Swing Bill 23[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]12[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]10-8[/TD] [TD]David Pipe35[/TD] [TD]Conor O'Farrell[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]142[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]156[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]167[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]25[/TD] [TD]1-F430[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Saint Are 23[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]7[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]10-8[/TD] [TD]Tim Vaughan38[/TD] [TD]Dougie Costello[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]142[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]120[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]168[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]26[/TD] [TD]0F631[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Chicago Grey 46 tp[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]10[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]10-7[/TD] [TD]Gordon Elliott79[/TD] [TD]P Carberry[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]141[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]123[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]174[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]27[/TD] [TD]0F-685[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Quiscover Fontaine 37[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]9[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]10-7[/TD] [TD]W P Mullins55[/TD] [TD]D J Casey[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]141[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]115[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]171[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]28[/TD] [TD]B8-643[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Rare Bob 27[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]11[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]10-6[/TD] [TD]D T Hughes35[/TD] [TD]Bryan Cooper[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]140[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]112[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]174[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]29[/TD] [TD]311P4[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]The Rainbow Hunter 49[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]9[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]10-6[/TD] [TD]Kim Bailey100[/TD] [TD]Aidan Coleman[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]140[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]124[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]163[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]30[/TD] [TD]63PP45[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Becauseicouldntsee 23[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]10[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]10-6[/TD] [TD]N F Glynn[/TD] [TD]Martin Ferris[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]140[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]134[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]167[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]31[/TD] [TD]2P-P90[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Harry The Viking 23[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]8[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]10-6[/TD] [TD]Paul Nicholls40[/TD] [TD]Ryan Mahon[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]140[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]140[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]168[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]32[/TD] [TD]360264[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Mr Moonshine 17[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]9[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]10-5[/TD] [TD]Sue Smith33[/TD] [TD]Peter Buchanan[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]139[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]146[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]171[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]33[/TD] [TD]1133FP[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Mumbles Head 105[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]12[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]10-4[/TD] [TD]Peter Bowen83[/TD] [TD]Jamie Moore[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]138[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]151[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]169[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]34[/TD] [TD]3F6042[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Ninetieth Minute 21[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]10[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]10-3[/TD] [TD]T J Taaffe[/TD] [TD]Niall P Madden[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]137[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]132[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]165[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]35[/TD] [TD]0P45F5[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Auroras Encore 35[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]11[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]10-3[/TD] [TD]Sue Smith33[/TD] [TD]Ryan Mania[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]137[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]133[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]167[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]36[/TD] [TD]P11420[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Tarquinius 27 tb distance-bf.gif[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]10[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]10-2[/TD] [TD]Gordon Elliott79[/TD] [TD]Wilson Renwick[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]136[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]152[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]167[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]37[/TD] [TD]614U49[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Any Currency 23 et[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]10[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]10-0[/TD] [TD]Martin Keighley33[/TD] [TD]Ian Popham[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]134[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]152[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]167[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]38[/TD] [TD]P-265P[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Major Malarkey 21[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]10[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]10-0[/TD] [TD]Nigel Twiston-Davies69[/TD] [TD]Tom Scudamore[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]133[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]122[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]167[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]39[/TD] [TD]1B-891[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Soll 28[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]8[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]10-0[/TD] [TD]Jo Hughes[/TD] [TD]Mark Grant[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]132[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]141[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]172[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]40[/TD] [TD]023P25[/TD] [TD=class: rn][/TD] [TD=class: h]Viking Blond 49 b[/TD] [TD=class: c, align: center]8[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]10-0[/TD] [TD]Nigel Twiston-Davies69[/TD] [TD]Adam Wedge[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]131[/TD] [TD=class: r, align: right]100[/TD] [TD=class: r lc_rt, align: right]165[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Grand National Selections

A really good quality renewal we have here, the race has changed over the years and now it’s a very competitive handicap and the class horses have been figuring much more than they used to. Obviously plenty are in with chances and lady luck will play its part for sure. I quite like the chances of Teaforthree, I cant find any negatives with him as he likes the ground, stays the trip and is a superb jumper, he also races handy which I think is a positive around here. A lively outsider could be Balthazar King, he will be up the pace also and is a fresh horse having missed Cheltenham this year, he could just take to these fences. Selections: 1pt EW Teaforthree 16/1

Stan James (first 5) 1pt EW Balthazar King 20/1 >Bet365 (first 5) Already Advised 1pt EW Chicago Grey 20/1

Full Preview; http://www.aintreegrandnational.net/grand-national-betting-teaforthree-can-land-the-national-for-wales-and-rebecca-curtis-20130405 Pin-Stickers Guide http://www.aintreegrandnational.net/grand-national-betting-pin-stickers-guide-to-the-2013-grand-national-20130404

Bowles analysis is brilliant. Gives us all a chance rather than picking the one with the funniest name, sounds like your cat, or is wearing colour that matches your favourite tea towel.
thanks mate, i have a go Its a lottery though.i just try to narrow it down !!