BBOTD Thursday 7th February

Doncaster 230 - Wings Of Smoke 5/1 Paddy Power BOG The form of his Newbury win over this trip has worked out really well with the 2nd, 3rd and 5th all showing improved form since. He then ran another decent race 7 days later over 2f extra at Sandown where he was traveling like the winner before weakening at the finish to end up 3rd suggesting a combination of the slower ground, longer trip or lack of break may have cost him victory. His most recent run was against Simonsig where he understandably finished well beaten. He is back into a suitable grade and at the perfect trip again tomorrow and it wouldnt surprise me if he bounced back with a good run, hopefully getting his neck in front.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 7th February 2.30 - Doncaster- Wings Of Smoke @ 9/2 Betvictor Apologies for the unorignality of this one but i quite fancy him too! Form of his first 2 handicap chase starts look really solid, was pitched into grade 2 company against Simonsig lto where he was 3rd. 2 from 2 over this distance and he stays further which is a bonus in the testing conditions. 3lb claimer Micheal Byrne retains the ride and i feel he has a massive chance back down in grade. Happy to take the favourite on who is consistant but may find this abit tougher after another rise in the weights. The other one i though was interesting was The Chazer but i'm not sure he'll stay this trip in testing ground.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 7th February Non Runner. Poor draw again is a concern but at the showing price he is worth a crack, the 5yr old has run his last three starts here at Wolves and he's been running just over the mile, he's had a wee rest of 23 days and is dropped down in trip but from 32 starts he's only had the two days in the sunlight. Jockey D.Swift knows him well enough and makes the trip for this one sole ride, they all get a wee shot at winning on the AW and it might, just might, be this fellas turn tonight in Race 2' 5:35 Wolverhampton - Moral Issue 0.5 E/w Bet @ 16/1 Bet365 - ''BOG''

Re: BBOTD Thursday 7th February 2.30 Doncaster - Tahiti Pearl win @ 3/1 Bet365 Hopefully I get a runner today after two non-runners so far this week! Form for the last five races reads 12121. That latest second was over this particular course and distance when he was beaten 1/2l by who is now rated 135 over fences. Won LTO on boxing day and both runner up and third in that five runner race have won since. Ryan Mania has a roughly 1 in 6 s/r when riding over fences for Sue Smith with a profit at level stakes over the last five years of £47.79.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 7th February 16.35 Doncaster - Sacre Toi - WIN @ 2/1 PP BOG Consistent jumper and performer at today's distance and class and a guaranteed finisher. Two wins, a second and a third (at a longer distance) this season. This is the right distance for this horse could still improve been only 7yo despite having 10 runs over fences in the UK and ground will be no issue. This looks a solid betting option in a race with question marks over all the other runners.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 7th February *Onceuponatime > Wolverhampton 8:05 > WIN @ 7/1 Bet365 BOG* A course and distance winner twice here, and with Robert Tart, a very good young apprentice on board claiming 7, this horse is thrown in. It's last win here at Wolver came off a mark of 70 in 2010, but tomorrow runs off 50, minus the claim, so is effectively 27 pounds lower than that run. :eek Showed promise here three runs back when a very close third, and it just has to go close tomorrow, or I am gonna ride a pig to try get some luck.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 7th February 13:35 HundLady from Geneva - Ran a fair race LTO finishing near 10 lengths behind the front pair. That race the 2nd Ballinhow Star has gone on to comfortably win next 2 races and now rated 120. The lady is rated a modest 98 for today and if appreciates step up in trip could go close. 0.5 Ew betvic 10/1

Re: BBOTD Thursday 7th February Taunton 2:50 - Home Run - 3/1 with PP Torn between Home Run and Bussa but going with this horse in what could be a very tight race. Mr Mole should be a competitor but he's never raced on heavy before and still looks a bit rough around the edges. Tornado in Milan represents a challenge but is very hit or miss. Home Run is looking for a six timer having blitzed a couple of his previous races and I think he'll continue that trend here. Coming off a 37 day rest period he should be raring to go and I think will give me my fourth in a row.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 7th February 5.00 Meydan Certerach 1pt win @ 14/1 Ladbrokes Art Scholar is a horse I like but I think this trip will just stretch him so I would be against him here. Ahzeemah beat several of these last time out and will probably confirm the form with most of them if not all of them but I am going to take him on with the Irish trained Certerach. This horse was beaten by Ahzeemah last time out but finished off his race very well to suggest the step up in trip would suit. He has raced once over this trip where he was a very unlucky 6th behind I have a Dream at Leopardstown. He was travelling much the best in that race but just couldn’t get a clear run and would have gone very close to winning had he got one. I don’t think the trip is an issue with this horse as it could be with some of the others. Michael Halford does very well with his runners in Dubai and I am hopeful of a big run from Certerach tomorrow. He could be a very nice price as well considering there are horses in here with much bigger reputations.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 7th February 3.35 DONCASTER VINCITORE @18/1 Betvictor Stable had a big price winner here on Monday. Last 2 wins have come off 130 & 120 and ran well again off todays mark of 120 in October. Has been ridden by an Amatuer on last 4 runs but Fehily back on board today and blinkers on for first time. Ground and trip no problem and usually ridden up with pace which is an advantage at Doncaster and at 18's looks decent value.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 7th February 2.50 taun mr mole - 10/11.365 win. hcap debut for this mccoy, jp mcmannus owned horse. wo 2 of his three runs and im happy with his hcap mark of 126. i think home run is capable of winning of his mark but not in this race. 10/11 is a fair price and i think this is my first odds on selection on here.....i will try not to make a habit of it....

Re: BBOTD Thursday 7th February 17.00 Meydan: Star Empire, 6/1 >Paddy Power, win Star Empire ran well lto to finish third, beaten by just ½L. Nine of today's field were also in that race and, considering that was his first run in nearly two years and he should come on a lot for that run, I think he should come out the best from that race. His only attempt at this trip was in a listed race. He finished third, 2L behind the winner and 1¾L behind the top class Opinion Poll. He won off a four pound higher mark in 2011 at this track. Trainer Mike De Kock is in good form and the top class Christophe Soumillon is in the saddle.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 7th February Huntingdon 3.45 - Romeo Americo E/W 12/1 Coral He has three wins over hurdles this season albeit at a lower level but I was pretty impressed with his second lto behind Oscara Dara at a big price when he certainly outran his odds in a well contested handicap at Kempton last month. He has been hit with a 4lbs rise which does make things a bit tougher here but if he is in the same mood then could well be involved come the finish.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 7th February Doncaster 3.35 Relax. Good second at Newbury LTO off the same mark as today behind this seasons big improver Pete the Feat. That was on heavy & 2f further & the bit better ground & the drop back in trip will help. Stables in top form as well. Bet. Relax 1pt win @ 11/4 Coral BOG. Rio.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 7th February

3.15 Huntingdon: 32 Red Juvenile Hurdle (Class 2) (2m110y) A terrific turnout for this midweek juvenile hurdle and lots of different formlines to look at, the only unknown in the race is Brinestine from the Nicholls camp and he must be respected, on flat form he has a few pounds to find with Zamdy Man and Seventh Sign. Calculated Risk won well at Doncaster on his debut but Last Shadow was tenderly ridden that day and he will be better suited by this track and is better than his Cheltenham fifth might say and looks fair value at the prices. Of those with winning form I like Seventh Sign, he won a muddling affair at Newbury but battled on well and this stronger pace will suit him much better.

Selections:

EW Seventh Sign 7/1

Coral

Re: BBOTD Thursday 7th February D3.05 Joseph Mercer e/w 16/1 William Hill I really like the look of Markmywords selection (Lady From Geneva) in the 1.35 so I wish you luck with that one and hope it goes close. I've just plumped for Joseph Mercer in the 3.05 from the powerful Hobbs/Tom I'Brien combination. It's got a poor run LTO to overcome, but the ground that day was desperate and Doncaster doesn't usually get ground as bad as that so I'm hoping the horse will get through this ground better today. The horse is lightly raced but the run and attitude it showed on it's penultimate start suggest todays trip might bring about some more improvement and it just looks like a nice e/w price to me.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 7th February First choice NR. Not been seen for over 50 days and ran a real race of promise last time out under jockey T.O'Brien, the 5yr old mare traveled well for a very long way and should be given some thought today in the the last on the card at Huntingdon. Jockey R.Johnson get the leg up today but will know her well from the Hobbs base camp, price looks fair, horse and jockey will not be far away in this bumper. 1 more that could be anything is Top Totti from the H.Daily yard, any market support could be a hint if she any good. 4:45 Huntingdon - August Hill - Still plenty 7/2 knocking about. 1pt Win bet @ 7/2 Hills - Lads etc ''BOG''

Re: BBOTD Thursday 7th February 1.35 Huntingdon - 1pt win Smart Exit @ 13/2 (Ladbrokes) Of the three at the head of the market, I personally think that Renee Robeson (horses going well) holds the aces despite the betting showing her charge a 13/2 shot in this competitive field. Of course there are a few who merit respect in here but this horse won well last time and conditions again look ideal. She was regularly finishing fairly well without threatening in novice events (passing beaten horses into midfield) and those efforts suggested that a stamina test would bring out the best in him. He was 4th on his handicap debut (beaten a fair distance) but that was his first run for a while and although he was pulled-up in November, he put that behind him with a strong win at Fakenham last time out. He stayed on strongly there, enjoying the trip, and the form looks strong. The runner-up won well since off a higher mark and the front two were 10l clear. Should be finishing well here, a big field ought to suit (can take a hold) and he looks fairly treated on that victory. Should go very well once more.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 7th February 1450 taunton 1 pt win mr mole evs betvic ap mccoy and paul nicholls team up for a jp mcmannus horse always needs a second glance, and i have taken the view the race is there for the winning,a winner of a bumper and a hurdle race, finished 2nd last time out giving away a penalty,handicap debut today on a favourable mark

Re: BBOTD Thursday 7th February why cant they all win like that.... looks a nice horse...

2.50 taun mr mole - 10/11.365 win. hcap debut for this mccoy, jp mcmannus owned horse. wo 2 of his three runs and im happy with his hcap mark of 126. i think home run is capable of winning of his mark but not in this race. 10/11 is a fair price and i think this is my first odds on selection on here.....i will try not to make a habit of it....

Re: BBOTD Thursday 7th February Donc 4.35 - Sacre Toi - win at 3/1 bog betvictor In form horse with a 2nd and a win in his last 2 runs. Acts on soft and heavy, has apparently improved since dropping to around the minimum and looks pretty game and genuine Winning jockey brian Huighes keeps the ride and the yard look in decent form with a winner and 2nd with their last 2 runners before today

Re: BBOTD Thursday 7th February 8.05 Wolverhampton Typical class 7 handicap plenty of these have plenty to prove but one of these looks too bigger price to ignore. Onceuponatime goes into class 7 handicap for the first time and if he was anywhere near his best he would rout these but he has been well below par for the whole of this season and after a long break. Was better effort 3 starts back but has failed to build on that last 2 times despite possible excuse on penultimate start and serious questions at present. Chester Deelyte is another well handicapped individual and has been running better latest starts and would be no surprise to see him go well again. Exkaliber is the lightest raced horse in field and ran a career best effort last time out over CD and tongue tie could be a factor in that improvement and now needs to back that effort up and should go well again. Blue Noodles is consistent at present but this trip is looking plenty short enough at the moment. Flow Chart looks a huge price at 16/1. Yard are running to form at present and he ran extremely well at a huge price at Kempton 2 weeks ago, that was a 2nd run after a long break so could well build on that again. He isnt a win only proposition with just 1 win from 38 but often runs into the places and is sure to pick up a race one day off this low mark having been rated in the 70's at his best. Well drawn in stall 6 and useful apprentice takes 5lb off should go well. 0.5pt e/w Flow Chart 16/1 VC

Re: BBOTD Thursday 7th February 8.05 WOLVER~FIRST REBELLION 0.5 E/W 16/1 BV Class 7 none of these really go into the consistent bracket of which would apply to this horse but has good enough form at this level at times Trainer in good form now and good Jock booked who goes well on the horse & his only win coming with him on board. 16's imo is a bit to big and is well worth an e/w bet in this.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 7th February Time to wrap up for me with 3 bets still to play out. Congrats to Wizzkid, Corky, Bartrum, Whoneedsrio & Smith17 on their winners today. :ok That makes 3 in a row for Wizzkid, Corky & Bartrum. Well done fellas! Winners: :clap Wizzkid Walter 4/11 Corky 1/1 Bartrum 10/11 Whoneedsrio 11/4 Smith17 6/1 E/W Placings: 2nd: None 3rd: None 4th: Markmywords 11/1 Placings 2nd: Bazzafazza 3/1 3rd: Cpo 14/1 Still to run: Aidymac 7/1 Chris34 16/1 E/W Ted the wolf 16/1 E/W Best of luck to those three all in the same race and for all of you on your selections tomorrow.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 7th February 6 winning bets so far:ok Later runners;

*Onceuponatime > Wolverhampton 8:05 > WIN @ 7/1 Bet365 BOG* A course and distance winner twice here, and with Robert Tart, a very good young apprentice on board claiming 7, this horse is thrown in. It's last win here at Wolver came off a mark of 70 in 2010, but tomorrow runs off 50, minus the claim, so is effectively 27 pounds lower than that run. :eek Showed promise here three runs back when a very close third, and it just has to go close tomorrow, or I am gonna ride a pig to try get some luck.
8.05 Wolverhampton Typical class 7 handicap plenty of these have plenty to prove but one of these looks too bigger price to ignore. Onceuponatime goes into class 7 handicap for the first time and if he was anywhere near his best he would rout these but he has been well below par for the whole of this season and after a long break. Was better effort 3 starts back but has failed to build on that last 2 times despite possible excuse on penultimate start and serious questions at present. Chester Deelyte is another well handicapped individual and has been running better latest starts and would be no surprise to see him go well again. Exkaliber is the lightest raced horse in field and ran a career best effort last time out over CD and tongue tie could be a factor in that improvement and now needs to back that effort up and should go well again. Blue Noodles is consistent at present but this trip is looking plenty short enough at the moment. Flow Chart looks a huge price at 16/1. Yard are running to form at present and he ran extremely well at a huge price at Kempton 2 weeks ago, that was a 2nd run after a long break so could well build on that again. He isnt a win only proposition with just 1 win from 38 but often runs into the places and is sure to pick up a race one day off this low mark having been rated in the 70's at his best. Well drawn in stall 6 and useful apprentice takes 5lb off should go well. 0.5pt e/w Flow Chart 16/1 VC
8.05 WOLVER~FIRST REBELLION 0.5 E/W 16/1 BV Class 7 none of these really go into the consistent bracket of which would apply to this horse but has good enough form at this level at times Trainer in good form now and good Jock booked who goes well on the horse & his only win coming with him on board. 16's imo is a bit to big and is well worth an e/w bet in this.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 7th February 8:05 Wolverhampton - Very First Blade - 1pt Win 33/1 Hills Tipped this up the last twice it's ran at Kempton, first time ran moderately but last time couldn't show what it was about as was trapped between a wall of horses and couldn't even switch to make an effort. By the time any space appeared the race was basically over so Norton brought this home in it's own time. Dropped back in trip today which is interesting, whether it'll help or not I've no idea but hopefully can show a bit more spark if blinkers have a good effect like last time.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 7th February

8.05 Wolverhampton Typical class 7 handicap plenty of these have plenty to prove but one of these looks too bigger price to ignore. Onceuponatime goes into class 7 handicap for the first time and if he was anywhere near his best he would rout these but he has been well below par for the whole of this season and after a long break. Was better effort 3 starts back but has failed to build on that last 2 times despite possible excuse on penultimate start and serious questions at present. Chester Deelyte is another well handicapped individual and has been running better latest starts and would be no surprise to see him go well again. Exkaliber is the lightest raced horse in field and ran a career best effort last time out over CD and tongue tie could be a factor in that improvement and now needs to back that effort up and should go well again. Blue Noodles is consistent at present but this trip is looking plenty short enough at the moment. Flow Chart looks a huge price at 16/1. Yard are running to form at present and he ran extremely well at a huge price at Kempton 2 weeks ago, that was a 2nd run after a long break so could well build on that again. He isnt a win only proposition with just 1 win from 38 but often runs into the places and is sure to pick up a race one day off this low mark having been rated in the 70's at his best. Well drawn in stall 6 and useful apprentice takes 5lb off should go well. 0.5pt e/w Flow Chart 16/1 VC
Cracking call Chris:clap:ok

Re: BBOTD Thursday 7th February Revised for late showing. Well done to Chris34 for picking the winner and Ted for getting a placing. Winners: :clap Wizzkid Walter 4/11 Corky 1/1 Bartrum 10/11 Whoneedsrio 11/4 Smith17 6/1 Chris34 16/1 E/W E/W Placings: 2nd: None 3rd: Ted the wolf 16/1 E/W 4th: Markmywords 11/1 Placings 2nd: Bazzafazza 3/1 3rd: Cpo 14/1