** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool > Sun 30th December

Aidymac

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool > Sun 30th December

I hope it works out for Blackcrow here, he deserves some luck when backing Liverpool.:) I personally think you are nuts backing Liverpool so much, especially when they are overrated almost every week. I'd usually only fancy Liverpool when they are priced as underdogs at home to a big side, usually value on a + handicap. They are 1.8-1.95 now which is just not a good price IMO. But nothing could tempt me to back QPR here in any capacity, they've been rubbish this season and have an almighty task getting out of the bottom 3. QPR started at a similar price to Stoke at home to Liverpool a few days ago, Stoke are just a far better side though. You cant trust QPR right now. I'll swerve this, have Suarez in my fantasy side so wouldnt mind seeing him do something, he looks poor recently.
I got them at even money which it has been better than at recent weeks - so i'd say there is more value in them this week than in recent weeks. Any time you can get even money while playing against a bottom three side should be taken, don't you think?

Do you guys just worry about the pick, and ignore the reasoning being it? Prefer you all disect why i think the picks as so, rather than just the pick itself - may be then you will understand the pick. Won't back against my own side, but will (and have) play the total instead, if the conifdence is lower.
Surely the amount you back Liverpool proves they're not value at that sort of price? :unsure Obviously not knocking anything you do as that's not what PL is about :)

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool > Sun 30th December Brendan Rodgers misses the game due to illness. Minefield this game, even as a avid Liverpool fan I am struggling to call it and I can normally call if we will struggle or not. Steven Gerrard is in fine goalscoring form bagging 3 in 3 Premier League games. Raheem Sterling could come back in after not starting the last 2 games due to needing a rest. He could cause a few problems into an ageing QPR defensive line. However, Our 2 Centre Backs have been poor of late getting bullied around by the opposing strikers. Lucas will probably in charge of keeping Adele Taraabt quiet as he is the one who will affect the game the most for the R's. If I had to stick my neck out on a result I would probably edge towards a 2-1 victory for us with Suarez and Gerrard the goalscorers.

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool > Sun 30th December If you are going to keep giving me nearly 3.5/1 to back the home side against a mediocre away team, I'll keep taking it. Playing QPR +360 to win Also playing o2.5 (-120) QPR sitting at bottom of table desperate for points asap. No reason for them to sit on their heels for this one. And I think nothing will spur home supporters more against a perceived big club. Remember QPR with a spirited effort vs Chelsea last year and this Liverpool team is really nothing special at all. QPR is by no means a strong home side, but 7 of their 10 points have come at home. Plus, I just hate Liverpool, so seeing them lose and winning money on it is a huge win/win in my opinion. Had a huge Saturday, no reason for me to stand pat.

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool > Sun 30th December Forget the emotion just look at the numbers. Liverpool have kept 1 clean sheet away from home this season. Last three games away they have shipped goals. Maybe that's a consequence of seeking goals. A little too attacking and space left at the back. They have failed to score twice in 9 away games. I would expect them to score here. QPR have been leaking goals. 1 clean sheet in 9 games , failed to score twice in 9 games. The key to this afternoon is to play a better 1st 45 minutes. Be tight, keep it compact and don't concede. The longer the game goes the more pressure Liverpool will feel to get a result. Both teams are under pressure to produce a win. A draw is completely unsatisfactory for both. I see goals in this game with both teams scoring. First leg already in :cigar BTTS 1.69 various for 10 units taken with Everton v Chelsea BTTS [TABLE=class: transactionList, width: 1] [TR=class: transactionListHighlight, bgcolor: #DCDCDC] [TD]30-Dec-2012[/TD] [TD]88295[/TD] [TD]Soccer[/TD] [TD]England Premier League (Both Teams to Score)[/TD] [TD]Everton Vs. Chelsea-BothTeamsToScore[/TD] [TD]Everton Vs. Chelsea (Yes)/Everton Vs. Chelsea (No)[/TD] [TD]Home[/TD] [TD=align: right]0.61[/TD] [TD=align: right]610.00[/TD] [TD=align: right]1000.00[/TD] [TD=align: right]1720.90[/TD] [TD=align: center]-[/TD] [TD=align: center]Win[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]30-Dec-2012[/TD] [TD]88295[/TD] [TD]Soccer[/TD] [TD]England Premier League (Both Teams to Score)[/TD] [TD]Queens Prk Rangers Vs. Liverpool-BothTeamsToScore[/TD] [TD]Queens Prk Rangers Vs. Liverpool (Yes)/Queens Prk Rangers Vs. Liverpool (No)[/TD] [TD]Home[/TD] [TD=align: right]0.69[/TD] [TD=align: right]1110.90[/TD] [TD=align: right]1610.00[/TD] [TD=align: right]1720.90[/TD] [TD=align: center]-[/TD] [TD=align: center]Acti[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool > Sun 30th December QPR host Liverpool this afternoon in the final Premier League game of 2012. This game comes at a difficult time for both clubs, as QPR are now rooted to the bottom of the table, while Liverpool are struggling with league position. QPR know today's game is one where they can fight and even win, given Liverpool are not full of confidence. That said, Harry Redknapp will be anxious that with only 10 points on the board at the turn of the year, and with only half a season remaining, results have to turn around now if he is to have any chance of keeping QPR up in the Premier League. QPR have a host of good individual footballers, but are clearly a band of mercenaries. They are not a team, and are void of true togetherness and team spirit. There is the hope that Redknapp can work his managerial magic and bring the squad together and build a spirit out of the fear of being relegated. I think they'll certainly sign a few players during January to try and keep themselves in the league, but for now they have this game and one more before they can bring in new players (away to Chelsea on Wednesday). Therefore, they will most likely prioritise this home game as a match where they can win points, as opposed to the away Chelsea game. They beat Liverpool last season 3-2, in an incredible comeback. However it realy doesn't bear any relevance upon today's game. What does bear relevance however, is the fact that Brendan Rodgers will not attend the game, and therefore will not be on the touchline or in the dressing room this afternoon. This is a big blow to the Liverpool project. He is the motivator and inspirator of this team, and without his guidance, I think this Liverpool team could struggle this afternoon. Furthermore, their only striker of any quality or brilliance, Suarez is carrying an ankle injury and I think he will struggle this afternoon. Liverpool will be relying upon a big performance from Gerrard this afternoon, as well as the rest of the midfield. But unless Gerrard can do a real captain's job this afternoon, I don't see Liverpool winning. The odds are ridiculously favouring Liverpool, especially now considering there is a possible virus spreading within the team and squad (that which has made Rodgers ill, and also Brad Jones, who is not available today either). QPR not to lose this game, at home for greater than evens odds, is worth a small stake, because in my opinion and given the circumstances, these odds seem a bit of a steal. My pick: QPR +0.5AH with pinnacle @ 2.08 odds (1/10 units)

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool > Sun 30th December Just really can't agree with anyone backing Liverpool here, for a team that has won only 2 away league games this season to be 10/11 against any Premier league team is just ridiculous. I know QPR have been really poor at home aswel but I really can't see how the bookies have priced this one with QPR being 7/2? Don't think i'll be going near this one, both teams are far too inconsistent for me and anything could happen. A market that has stood out is the 'man of the match' on BetVictor, this game will more than likely take a moment of magic from one of the key players from both teams who are Suarez (6/1) and Taarabt (12/1) and these both look quality value for me. Expecting a good game here though and hopefuly a few goals. Suarez Man of the match @ 6/1 Betvictor Taarabt Man of the match @ 12/1 Betvictor

I got them at even money which it has been better than at recent weeks - so i'd say there is more value in them this week than in recent weeks. Any time you can get even money while playing against a bottom three side should be taken' date=' don't you think?[/quote'] Maybe so. I actually think Liverpool will win today but would definitely not price them evens or below. Maybe a shade over evens for me, anywhere between 2-2.50. Anyway, I think you'll be a happy Liverpool fan after the match, QPR look horrible to me.

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool > Sun 30th December Going for Liverpool -1 @ 3.10 Lad. Looking at lineups Liverpool look definitely better than a mid table team, their performance have been lack luster in the game against Villa and Stoke. Villa was underestimated I think whereas Stoke was always going to be difficult. Watched a few QPR matches recently, they seemed very wary to commit men forward when they took the lead against Fulham a few weeks ago, and were desperate to contain Newc to 0-0. Now Harry must go for the win and that might play in the hands of the visitors.

Although the odds are quite long' date=' ill probably take a punt on over 0.5 goals in the first half at 4/11 with PaddyPower. Liverpool's last 7 home and away in all competitions have had a first half goal, and we all know about QPRs shaky defence (and Liverpool's!) so this shouldn't be any different...ill check on the starting line ups first though[/quote'] Did any of you lot follow me on this? Won straight away, off for a shopping spree one eBay now :)

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool > Sun 30th December wow , what an absolute s__t shower from QPR. They are simply useless. I need an own goal to save me :) Cisse will be gone in Jan, Mbia and Diakite also. The left back may as well go now, as he is not in the game :)

Liverpool @ 2.00 sportsbet Liverpool -1 (EH) @ 3.60 sportsbet Problem with Liverpool is their consistency as they look good one game and then ordinary the net. They are coming off a loss to Stoke where they gave away some cheap goals, so expect them to be more focused in defending. After a loss they have bounced back with a win, as they lost to Man Utd 3-2 at home and then beat Norwich 5-2; they lost to Spurs 2-1 and then beat Southampton 1-0; they lost 3-1 to Aston Villa and then hammered Fulham 3-0. Expecting them to beat an ordinary QPR side with Rednapp unable to find some heart in the team who are prepared to play. They are coming off straight losses to West Brom and Newcastle, and with just 1 win and 4 draws in their last 12 games, their situation is dire. With Liverpool having taken 20 points from a possible 27 against sides in the bottom half of the table, then expect them not to take for granted the 3 points like they did last year at QPR when they led 2-0 only to go down 3-2 to them
Fair play mate :ok :clap In hindsight they did put out a pretty strong team this afternoon.

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool > Sun 30th December Good stuff from Blackcrow. They hit back..didnt expect that at all. Wanted to play the over and came too late to the studio. lol thought it was 17:30 my time but was 17:00. Was about to fill the over bet and thought to myself is the screen showing a replay lol. Out of frustration a small punt on QPR 2:0 behind lol. Anyway QPR was all over the place. like headless chickens. Its not that they dont want..they are just cluelless in this situation. Then Redknapp substituted a striker so it wouldnt end up worse lol. Did you guys also feel that QPR was going a very high tempo until the end? I think they will be dead tired vs chelsea

Sorry been tweeting Shaun wright Phillips reminding him how he picks up £55k a week for inept performances week after week but this week everyone joined in Worst half of football I have seen for a number of years Liverpool goal scorer is suarez - did the players not understand ?

Sorry been tweeting Shaun wright Phillips reminding him how he picks up £55k a week for inept performances week after week but this week everyone joined in Worst half of football I have seen for a number of years Liverpool goal scorer is suarez - did the players not understand ?
Well at least he chased every ball even if he wasnt able to get it anyway. irony. He just hasnt have it in him anymore and this is no news. He is over his prime long ago.. The idiots are the owners who pay him. Not him. Suarez..everyone knows it but many cant stop him. I think QPR did what was possible and this is not much. They are just no team and heavy paid soldiers without a future at QPR. Still they did run like crazy but without a plan at all. Its nearly hopless cause the team isnt working. How is your stance on how they did invest power without achieving anything? I think they did run too much for a game already lost.. This will cost them dearly at chelsea..

I dont remember that i watch poorest team in PL(home game) last 5 years....This is shame for evry Rangers fan... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You having a laugh We got beat 3-0 to Liverpool Villa got beat 3-0 by Wigan Same result at the end of the day but a gulf in the teams ability Yes we were poor but worst in last 5 years ? It's the worst I've seen as a fan but there has been worse I'm sure

Bit of both mate, the game is over so no more bets to be had A bit of after match banter doesn't hurt anyone .....
yeah yeah you are right..i do it too ^^. Im all time pushing here...all for the money hehehehe just anxious to get my question answered on how much QPR invested. I saw them running and "working" hard, tough without any direction..but bot sure if everyone saw that.. if so thinking about how this influences their game vs. chelsea. Weak mind for sure but also weak legs?

yeah yeah you are right..i do it too ^^. Im all time pushing here...all for the money hehehehe just anxious to get my question answered on how much QPR invested. I saw them running and "working" hard, tough without any direction..but bot sure if everyone saw that.. if so thinking about how this influences their game vs. chelsea. Weak mind for sure but also weak legs?
I see your point but the manager has to make some key changes for the Chelsea but only has 1 striker fit so the changes will come in midfield with Derry likely to start I would think now Our 2nd half performances have been better all season and again today but 16 goals scored tells its own story !

You having a laugh We got beat 3-0 to Liverpool Villa got beat 3-0 by Wigan Same result at the end of the day but a gulf in the teams ability Yes we were poor but worst in last 5 years ? It's the worst I've seen as a fan but there has been worse I'm sure
If you want to look at it that way, Villa beat Liverpool 3-1 at Anfield.