** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool > Sun 30th December

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool (16:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.01[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.73 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

I think Liverpool are perhaps a little too short here. But at the same time Q.P.R. Have had a bit of a setback and Redknapp has maybe made an error in judgement by criticising the team in vague terms. Most the players must now be thinking they'll be off in January so why bother .... Ultimately it's a rule of mine never to back Liverpool away at anything resembling evens. The bookmakers are still under the deluded impression they're a top four side, which we know they aren't. So I can't see a reason to argue for them being value, unless Rangers are in complete disarray... That is the debatable aspect.

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool > Sun 30th December we played well again yesterday and at times had the better of WBA, thier 2nd goal should not have stood and we had 5 or 6 chances in the last 10 minuts (which MOTD edits seem to mis yet again!) The players Redknap has in the team are ok, none of those will be off in January, M'bia is an influential player and if he controls the midfield then we have a chance vs Liverpool. i would drop Faurlin and play Diakete instead. SWP only got about 10% of balls into the box, we can drop him also and put another midfielder in, i am thinking derry to try and add some steel and oganisation should be a good game, and 3/1 for us isnt too bad a bet

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool > Sun 30th December Bowles, explain why the 2nd goal should not have stood please? The attacker did nothing wrong, stood his ground. It is unfortunate that ye have a dunce as a goalkeeper, and West Brom, I thought, were pretty dominant. QPR had a good few attempts, most of which didn't trouble the keeper. West Brom had more of the ball. I think you have to let this "We played well, we deserved more" attitude go, because when you are where ye are , nobody cares how ye play, it is all about getting points on the board. That game was a must to get a result for ye yesterday, and Harry doesn't seem to be having much of an effect on the team, I thought he would and i was wrong, I am afraid it is curtains for QPR this season.

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool > Sun 30th December

Bowles, explain why the 2nd goal should not have stood please? The attacker did nothing wrong, stood his ground. It is unfortunate that ye have a dunce as a goalkeeper, and West Brom, I thought, were pretty dominant. QPR had a good few attempts, most of which didn't trouble the keeper. West Brom had more of the ball. I think you have to let this "We played well, we deserved more" attitude go, because when you are where ye are , nobody cares how ye play, it is all about getting points on the board. That game was a must to get a result for ye yesterday, and Harry doesn't seem to be having much of an effect on the team, I thought he would and i was wrong, I am afraid it is curtains for QPR this season.
so explain what you would have done in Greens position, push the player and give away a pen? He was standing on the goaline and backing into green, watch it again, surely you can see that ?? Green had no chance other than to catch the ball over a 6ft players head from behind the goal line, like to see you try that one Aidy? 9/10 refs give a foul for that, i'd have money on it we still did enough to get a point and i suppose that wasnt a pen either as it looked blatant handball to me, 1 pen all season and only 2 this calendar year sums up what you get at the bottom I stayed loyal last year when EVERYONE on here said we were dead and buried as we had the toughest run in then we beat Arsenal, spurs, liverpool, stoke and swansea all at home to stay up. The performances havent changed much for me, we dont get beat by much, mainly 1 goal defeats i have lost count one day we might get a decision out of a ref (i suppose arteta wasnt 3 yards offsaide either when he scored the arsenal winner! against us) I may sound like it as i say it week after week but we have played better than a bottom of the table team. We drew with Chelsea when they won 7 out of 1st 8 games, we took the lead at Utd and had them held until a crazy 10 mins, we have dominated some games I suppose WBA didnt hack one off the line either near the end? Plus they missed the other shots we had on goal which were easy saves but still were chances.

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool > Sun 30th December Bowles, if it was the other way around and it happened to West Brom, you would be saying it was no foul. That is what happens when you have a biased opinion. All the neutrals agree it was no foul. Firstly, why was Rob Green standing behind the line? Why didn't Green stand his ground on the line? I played in goal for many years, and if anyone came near me on the line, they were gonna get a dig. He pussied out of it, and let the striker move him over the line with ease, Green was not pushed or interfered, the striker simply just took his space. Aye, if QPR go down, tis the ref's fault. :\

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool > Sun 30th December Can you guys please go on-topic? Talk about the referee at each other with private messages. About this match. I would definitely not play for Liverpool. Worst away team to back! I would wait for team news, because only good bet that I see here is Over 2.5. Edit: Sorry for my bad English all people!

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool > Sun 30th December sorry Bizar It just seems some people see more negatoves than positives in our play. Yep all the neutrals thought that wasnt a foul, (well alan shearer did!¬) anyway back on topic, we have to perform on Sunday to get a result with Chelsea away up next, we cannot go into that game without a win. I hope we can get Nelsen fit for the game as he was missed at the back y;day as Ferdinand still prone to mistakes and against Suarez i expect Ferdy would struggle. The key for me is in midfield for us, we have to change SWP for a midfield 4 of Derry, Diakete, Mbia and Taraabt with Cisse / Mackie up top. i dont really bet in our games but only come on here to give my biased view

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool > Sun 30th December pool lacks vision in midfield. gerrard looks like he gets old. you rarely see runs or fast turns. their defensive organization looks awfull and agger as skrtl are probably the worst DC's given their potentia redknapp is upping the pressure and thats exactly what this team needs. the odds look totally wrong. before i back pool for these odds i punt on suarez. pool is just not delivering regurly qpr not to loose. maybe a live punt on the win and suarez to score. all three could come

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool > Sun 30th December "Over 2.5" should be the call here in my opinion. I feel that Liverpool's away match-up with teams which share similar style with QPR (direct football, long and high balls) tend to be very over-ish. This season they got 5-2 at Norwich, 3-2 at WH, and just recently 1-3 at Stoke - all teams sharing very similar approach. I think that the key reason behind this is that Liverpool's defense is not well organized and vulnerable to these high balls. On the other hand, the good possession football of Liverpool causes a lot of trouble for this physical defenses. Moreover, both teams have reasons to be more aggressive in this one. Harry Redknap knows that Liverpool are vulnerable, he needs desperately points, and he is quite aware that his team can beat them, so I guess QPR will be more aggressive upfront. Liverpool also cannot afford to be passive, as they have to come back on winning ways, and they are very bad at keeping clean sheets. Over 2.5 @ 2.00

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool > Sun 30th December QPR have been very slow starters at home this season. They have not won a 1st half of soccer in 9 tries. Scored 2 goals in 9 games. 2nd half they have been decent winning 3 times and drawing 5 times. So they have to fix their first half blues. Liverpool have been horrid in the 1st half away this season, losing 6 and drawing 2 of 9 1st half games. Maybe they play to a 45 minute stalemate and crowd fires QPR to a win in the 2nd 45. Looking for the half time draw and QPR to snatch a win to kick-start their season. odds of 8-1 look nice for a 1 unit bet here.

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool > Sun 30th December I despise Liverpool but I couldnt put real money on a rubbish side like QPR right now. Not a chance. The Redknapp revival hasnt really got going has it? Very bad loss at home to WBA in midweek, they were denied a stonewall pen which was harsh but WBA's second goal was fine IMO. What was he supposed to do? Move and let Green get into a better position. Terrible goalkeeper. I'm tempted to say Liverpool are too short but no way will I back QPR right now.Mind you I'd be happy enough to see them get a welcome win as it means another flop for Liverpool but I wont be getting involved.

I think Liverpool are perhaps a little too short here. But at the same time Q.P.R. Have had a bit of a setback and Redknapp has maybe made an error in judgement by criticising the team in vague terms. Most the players must now be thinking they'll be off in January so why bother .... Ultimately it's a rule of mine never to back Liverpool away at anything resembling evens. The bookmakers are still under the deluded impression they're a top four side, which we know they aren't. So I can't see a reason to argue for them being value, unless Rangers are in complete disarray... That is the debatable aspect.
Yep, the bookies and some gamblers too. This is perfectly illustrated by the fact that the team in 10th haven't beaten a team above them and have only lost once to a team below them. An average mid table team.

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool > Sun 30th December Liverpool really looks awfull lately. Gerrard despite scoring looks tired and old. Suarez seems to be the only threat. He still needs too many chances. Despite that. Liverpool is involved in some high scoring matches. Why is that? Their midfield looks slow going back. Then their defense is awfull. Central D was promising years ago. Several Tatoos later they look awfull. Jose enrique and Johnson are bad defending at times caught off positon. Queens park. Well, they are not a good chemsitry team. CD Nelsen was ill with a virus but should play vs pool. They conceede in like every game. They are just not good organized. no defensive team chemistry. Both teams need wins. A draw would be a catastrophe for Rodgers. QPR would have not been helped much with a draw. What worries me a bit is that Suarez has problems. He will play but he didnt score since has problems. Still he gets into enough positions. If suarez gets another knock he is out of the game. The atmosphere at liverpool is totally crumbling. They want Rodgers out and with a loss he might be on that way.. QPR just won once. They tightened a bit up at the back and had also some bad luck lately. The odds on QPR look really tasty. At least pool look totally overrated. Liverpool looks tired. they had an awfull game @ stoke. Suarez is not fully fit. Without him they have no striker and I wonder if they would play him at all if that wasnt the case ! Gerrard is geting older and slower. These weeks nag on him. Its apparent. Lucas isnt 100% yet. Joe Allen isnt creating much at all. The central defence is looking awfully unconcentrated. Sterling isnt delivering every game. Johnson looked ok. Enrique looks not very in the team and is sometimes awfull offensivly. Suso, well he isnt a high class player. looks like a poor version of luis enrique. Their coach is in heavy critique. They didnt have any special results. Fulham win,,yeah fulham is even worse.. They also had a very long season with the euro league qualifiers etc. This is the time it might catch up QPR. They have potential. guys like Mbia and Taraabt have it certainly in them. Redknapp is giving them good pressure. They wil lfight as much as these guys can. I might opt for the QPR win. They seem to have more will to deliver.. and the odds are unreal(casue some hundred thousand pool fans bet on their team every weekend no matter what lol) Both teams trying to win and chasing big time not ok with a draw might also bring this to a high scoring game with some space in midfield. Tough with suarez not fit these bets might crumble..

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool > Sun 30th December 4pts Over 2.5 goals Evs Coral We’ve got a poor side taking on a side performing poorly here and neither offer much value. One thing which does though is the threat of goals. QPR have been pretty poor at the back at times this season and if Nelsen is out that will be highlighted further here while Liverpool have been scoring goals but conceding them too so I think with what is at stake we might see some goals here and I like the even money on over 2.5 goals. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/qpr-vs-liverpool-betting-goals-should-come-along-with-qpr-desperate-for-wins

Although the odds are quite long, ill probably take a punt on over 0.5 goals in the first half at 4/11 with PaddyPower. Liverpool's last 7 home and away in all competitions have had a first half goal, and we all know about QPRs shaky defence (and Liverpool's!) so this shouldn't be any different...ill check on the starting line ups first though

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool > Sun 30th December Liverpool @ 2.00 sportsbet Liverpool -1 (EH) @ 3.60 sportsbet Problem with Liverpool is their consistency as they look good one game and then ordinary the net. They are coming off a loss to Stoke where they gave away some cheap goals, so expect them to be more focused in defending. After a loss they have bounced back with a win, as they lost to Man Utd 3-2 at home and then beat Norwich 5-2; they lost to Spurs 2-1 and then beat Southampton 1-0; they lost 3-1 to Aston Villa and then hammered Fulham 3-0. Expecting them to beat an ordinary QPR side with Rednapp unable to find some heart in the team who are prepared to play. They are coming off straight losses to West Brom and Newcastle, and with just 1 win and 4 draws in their last 12 games, their situation is dire. With Liverpool having taken 20 points from a possible 27 against sides in the bottom half of the table, then expect them not to take for granted the 3 points like they did last year at QPR when they led 2-0 only to go down 3-2 to them

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool > Sun 30th December I hope it works out for Blackcrow here, he deserves some luck when backing Liverpool.:) I personally think you are nuts backing Liverpool so much, especially when they are overrated almost every week. I'd usually only fancy Liverpool when they are priced as underdogs at home to a big side, usually value on a + handicap. They are 1.8-1.95 now which is just not a good price IMO. But nothing could tempt me to back QPR here in any capacity, they've been rubbish this season and have an almighty task getting out of the bottom 3. QPR started at a similar price to Stoke at home to Liverpool a few days ago, Stoke are just a far better side though. You cant trust QPR right now. I'll swerve this, have Suarez in my fantasy side so wouldnt mind seeing him do something, he looks poor recently.

Liverpool @ 2.00 sportsbet Liverpool -1 (EH) @ 3.60 sportsbet Problem with Liverpool is their consistency as they look good one game and then ordinary the net. They are coming off a loss to Stoke where they gave away some cheap goals, so expect them to be more focused in defending. After a loss they have bounced back with a win, as they lost to Man Utd 3-2 at home and then beat Norwich 5-2; they lost to Spurs 2-1 and then beat Southampton 1-0; they lost 3-1 to Aston Villa and then hammered Fulham 3-0. Expecting them to beat an ordinary QPR side with Rednapp unable to find some heart in the team who are prepared to play. They are coming off straight losses to West Brom and Newcastle, and with just 1 win and 4 draws in their last 12 games, their situation is dire. With Liverpool having taken 20 points from a possible 27 against sides in the bottom half of the table, then expect them not to take for granted the 3 points like they did last year at QPR when they led 2-0 only to go down 3-2 to them
I am starting to feel sorry for you at this stage Blackcrow. :spank You would fare much better if you just didn't bet on Liverpool at all mate. If they win, enjoy it, that's why i seldom back United.

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool > Sun 30th December quote; "Luis will be fine. He's a real robust player and is very rarely in the treatment room," said Rodgers to reporters. "He's been playing with a bad ankle for a couple of weeks and took a heavy knock the other night, but he's fine."

Read more:

http://www.liverpool.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=303769#ixzz2GXFh6Mqh I think he must play cause without him they dont have a prem league striker at all.. He looked kind of troubled through the stoke game. Im feeling pool gets a bit on the tired side. Im leaning more and more towards QPR. Its just the bad feeling to bet on them knowing they have only one win. Tough, I think they are improving, albeit slowly. They have at least the talent to do that.

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool > Sun 30th December Do you guys just worry about the pick, and ignore the reasoning being it? Prefer you all disect why i think the picks as so, rather than just the pick itself - may be then you will understand the pick. Won't back against my own side, but will (and have) play the total instead, if the conifdence is lower.

I am starting to feel sorry for you at this stage Blackcrow. :spank You would fare much better if you just didn't bet on Liverpool at all mate. If they win, enjoy it, that's why i seldom back United.
Don't need the pity. When you back them, it is goes with the territory......