Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Saturday 17th November

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur (12:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.35[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.39 % [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Saturday 17th November It's nearly a week away, but still some decent bets showing up already. BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE @ 8/11 (Stan James) OVER 2.5 GOALS @ 8/11 (Stan James) We are so bad at the back these days, schoolboy errors all over the place. Weak on set-pieces. Spurs are the same, always give you a chance. All City had to do was chip a simple pass over the top and they got in behind multiple times. I just have to think there will be goals here. Our home form has been quite shaky but I expect us to be bang up for this, like last year when we turned them over from 2-0 down. Internationals during the week aswell which might throw some unknowns into the mix, we'll see.

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Saturday 17th November Best of luck IAmGooner. I had a good look at this game this evening, but can't find anything i would be very confident about. Both teams are not playing to their capabilities at the moment. Goals would be the first thing that springs to mind, as both teams have been poor defensively at the moment, as the last few meetings were 5-2, 2-1, 3-3, 2-3, 2-1. Both teams to score does look a good shout, but i think i will leave a big bet away from this match, and will probably stick it in as a draw into a draw accumulator. It could turn out to be a tighter game than we think?

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Saturday 17th November It could turn out tighter than expected, I'd say the fact that it's an early Saturday kick-off and comes after another ill-timed international break(how many do they need?) could have some influence here. We seem sleepy in these early kick-offs for some reason. My gut feeling is that we will do Spurs though, I expect us to be fired up at home and do the business. Both sides have been shaky enough, Spurs have a point more, scored the same and conceded 5 more than us. I dont rate AVB much and thought Spurs were really disappointing at City. We defended like schoolboys against Fulham, and have been in a rut for weeks so this is anyone's guess tbh. We need a performance big time, this is as much needed as the 5-2 last season when we were 10 pts behind them and 2-0 down.

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Saturday 17th November Arsenal vs. Tottenham Arsenal have dominated Spurs in this fixture winning 7 drawing 2 and losing once. There have been goals galore , last six fixtures 5-2, 2-3, 3-0, 4-4, 2-1,3-1 This season : Tottenham are an excellent 1st half team away from home, winning the 1st half 4 times in 5 games. Tottenham are a terrible 2nd half team away from home losing 4 out of 5 second halves. In the last 2 premier league seasons Spurs are the 2nd best team in the league in winning either half away from home at 62.5% or 15 times in 24 away games (Man U are kings of this at 80% or 20 of 25 games) I think it will be similar to the Man City game, reasonably tight 1st half, with Spurs fading slightly in the second if you wish to see top 8 v top 8 team stats for the English premier league you can get them here http://www.soccer-betbrain.com/top8-vs-top8 in the last three seasons spurs have lost 12 times in 21 against top 8 opposition away. Are they a better or worse team this season compared to last year ? Spurs to win either half on bet365 is even money. Spurs to win the 1st half is 33/10 on bet365. Neil.

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Saturday 17th November Tottenham to score 2 or more goals in the match 6/4 (Coral) to score 3 or more goals in the match 5/1 (Coral) No need for reasoning here. I don't usually trust Tottenham as they are really unpredictable but I think they can get a result here. And if Fulham can score 3 against Arsenal at Emirates than Spurs can score more. Both prices are too good to miss. This match screams goals and goals we shall see. Good luck to all !!!

Over 2.5 goals @ 1.63 - Betfair. Price might not appeal for some, but I struggle to see how this game will end with less than three goals, bar a small minor miracle. If these two teams were to play each other ten times in a row as they are currently, I'd back over 2.5 goals @ around 1.6 every time. If this were a different league, such as the Dutch Jupiler league, or Norwegian division One, the price would be around 1.35. As it should be here IMO.

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Saturday 17th November Looks like most of us are agreed that there'll be goals in this one - as ever, I'll push my luck a little and I'm tempted by the following bet: Both Teams To Score in the 1st Half: 10/3 with Coral. As above, defences are shaky, decent forwards on show, should be goals and 45 minutes seems plenty of time for both of defences to f*ck up in the face of a counter-attack.

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Saturday 17th November I think that Arsenal has a good chance of winning it, as they did last year against much (under Harry Redknapp) stronger Spurs side As it has been said already both sides leak goals, so we may expect an entertaining game on Saturday. For Arsenal, I think Oliver Giroud has been particularly good of late, he not only scored 2 against Fulham but also got himself into some decent positions in that game. He is the likliest to score here I believe, and with plenty of goals expected, and with seeing Arsenal as a favourite here, I'll be taking Giroud to score & >3.5 goals in the game & Arsenal win @14 and the same for Cazorla for smaller stakes @18 but I think over 2.5 represents value in this game and that will be my main bet cheers lads

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Saturday 17th November

Walcott' date=' Giroud, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Arteta are all doubts.[/quote'] I saw that too (on WhoScored), but elsewhere it says Ox is back, Walcott, Giroud & Arteta are a go. Can somebody PLEASE offer some reliable info?? No way to punt with such major uncertainties!

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Saturday 17th November Tough one here. Goals looks likely, as arsenal look shaky especially recently, and spurs are never solid at the back. In terms of strike forces they have the gareth bale factor which is huge. I would give Tottenham a fair chance in this and i don't think there is any value on arsenal. Tottenham on the DNB looks interesting at 7/4 so i may be having a look at that.

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Saturday 17th November I will happily take Arsenal at evens at the emirates based on Spurs performance against city and AVB's inability to make the correct call at the correct time. Can see Wenger outfoxing him, but for Aguero's and Silva's first touches deserting them last week it could have been 4 or 5-1. To make matters worse spurs will go toe to toe with Arsenal in this game which will open their defence even wider so BTTS but a home win for me.

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Saturday 17th November This will be a game from penalty to penalty. Both teams have something to prove and both want to win it. Both have shaky defences. Both have good strikers. over 3,5 goals and Podolski to score. He loves these fast games where he has space. Adebayor was very sharp and always a threat vs chelsea. Defoe was in good form too. I can see both scoring. Even if AVB tries a more defensive approach either team scoring a first half goal will open this game up.

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Saturday 17th November 4pts Tottenham (+0.5AH) to beat Arsenal 1.95 Ladbrokes Spurs come into this match overpriced on what I’ve seen from both sides in recent games. Arsenal have a clear weakness in the full back areas and Gareth Bale and Aaron Lennon could have a field day in those. I can’t be backing Arsenal at evens and am much happier backing Spurs on a 0.5 handicap at a similar price because they look the better side going forward and in defence too. There will be goals in this match but I think Spurs can take at least a point. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/arsenal-vs-tottenham-betting-tottenham-look-good-value-to-leave-the-emirates-with-at-least-a-point

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Saturday 17th November Just a quick question ? Assume you take the over 2.5 goals for a game (any game). How can you cover your bet in play (not using betfair) if it's 0-0 at the half ? neil.

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Saturday 17th November

Just a quick question ? Assume you take the over 2.5 goals for a game (any game). How can you cover your bet in play (not using betfair) if it's 0-0 at the half ?
Using Arsenal v Spurs as an example. Over 2.5 on this game is around 1.57. If it's 0-0 at HT, the odds will go be a lot higher - perhaps around 4.0? To cover an over 2.5 bet, you'd have to back under 2.5 which would surely be very expensive - you'd have to back it at around 1.15 I think. But as far as I can see, there's a good chance you'd end up with two losing bets.

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Saturday 17th November Bale to score anytime 3/1 Ladbrokes - I like the price on Bale to score for us tomorrow and i think he should be around the 12/5 or 5/2 mark. Bale is going to be by far our biggest threat tomorrow and although he is probably going to be up against a good right-back in

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Saturday 17th November Over 3.5 goals 6/4 @ Stan James - Agree with everyone else here that this game has goals written all over it. Arsenal look quite terrible at the back at the moment but they also look like they have got goals in them now with Giroud coming into form and Walcott always plays well against us and i think he will cause havoc tomorrow if he is fit, up against Vertonghen who loves to go forward and that will leave Walcott with space to run into and i think he could have a field day tomorrow unfortunately. Spurs have some good players going forward but in all honesty we look nowhere near as good as last season and our build up play seems to be just so much slower. However, i still fancy us to grab a goal or 2 tomorrow against this Arsenal backline but i also think we could ship a few tomorrow as well as Walker and Vertonghen are such attacking full-backs that Walcott and Podolski could tear us apart so goals looks like a good bet tomorrow. Bale to score anytime 3/1 Ladbrokes - I like the price on Bale to score tomorrow and i think he should be around the 12/5 or 5/2 mark. Bale is going to be by far our biggest threat tomorrow and although he is probably going to be up against a good right-back in Sagna, he has the pace to destroy him and i think the 3/1 price is slightly big. Bale has scored 3 goals in 7 appearances against Arsenal for Tottenham and everything we do in attack 9 times out of 10 involves Bale in some way and if he starts to drift inside as he occassionally does then i think he could have some joy as the Arsenal backline of Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny and Vermalaen is not very fast. Correct Score: Arsenal 4-2 Tottenham 66/1 @ Stan James - Rather than lumping a sum on a straight Arsenal win i will throw a couple of quid on a correct scoreline.Longshot here on the correct score and i'm ashamed that i'm going against my team in a North London derby but i've got to choose my head over my heart. As i said before Walker and Vertonghen love to bomb forward and neither are that great defensively in all honesty and Walcott and Podolski will have room down the flanks and add to the fact that Giroud seems to be getting used to the premier league now and that spells trouble for us. My main worry tomorrow though is not Cazorla against Sandro but Wilshere up against Huddlestone. Huddlestone has literally zero mobility and does not work well in a counter attacking side as he is as slow as a carthorse. IMO the trio of Cazorla, Wilshere and Arteta will run rings around us as Sandro cannot do it all by himself. I still think we will score a couple though as Arsenal's defence looks very shaky atm. COYS!

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Saturday 17th November Over 3.5 @ 2.56 pinnacle Both defences are giving up goals as Arsenal have allowed at least two goals in their last two games against Fulham and Man Utd, while they have conceded in 6 of their last 7 games. Spurs have conceded in 6 of their last 7 games, while they have allowed at least two goals in 3 of their last 6 games to the better sides like Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd. Three of their last four meetings have seen 4+ goals scored while 3 of their last 4 meetings at Arsenal have seen 4+ goals scored 23-49 (-19.08)

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Saturday 17th November Goal line: over 3 @ 1.975 Bet365 (5 points) Team news is in and you just can see past goals in this match. AVB has gone with 2 proper strikers for the first time this season with Adebayor and Defoe both starting. So you have got to fancy Spurs to score at least 1 and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them hit 2 or more. Of course going with 2 up front also leaves them a little lighter in midfield and with Arsenals attacking line up, I am sure they will be in the goals too. The price on over 2.5 is a bit too short for my liking so I will be taking the overs on the goal line. 3 goals in the match will see the stake refunded but I really do like the chances of seeing 4 goals or better today.

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Saturday 17th November Bale to score between the 21st-45th min 25/1 Just a little mess about bet... Expect things to be a little cagey in the first 20 mins, and then maybe spurs can take the lead just before half time, with bale being a big threat... (4-4-2) makes this less likely but what the hell.