Stoke City v Queens Park Rangers > Saturday 10th November

Aidymac

Stoke look far to short in this. Despite not winning a game this season qpr have impressed me on more then a few occasions since the 5-0 drubbing at the hands of Swansea. Games against Chelsea , arsenal , tottenham and west brom were very competitive. Stokes last 2 games have been ordinary at best and anything under $2.30 for the home win is way way to short. Lay Stoke at anything under $2.20!

Re: Stoke City v Queens Park Rangers > Saturday 10th November I am surprised by seeing people are still keeping their trust in this QPR team. Man they are in a total mess. It's not a computer game, you can not start to winning the games when you sign good players. Team chemistry is vital and QPR does not have %1 percent of this thing. Playing as a unit is very important but QPR usually is playing like 11 men who met on holiday and play soccer on a beach.

I am surprised by seeing people are still keeping their trust in this QPR team. Man they are in a total mess. It's not a computer game' date=' you can not start to winning the games when you sign good players. Team chemistry is vital and QPR does not have %1 percent of this thing. Playing as a unit is very important but QPR usually is playing like 11 men who met on holiday and play soccer on a beach.[/quote'] Have you watched us or just read the press?

I think Stoke are a cracking price here... But then again I thought the same about Sunderland at the weekend :lol Stoke are virtually unbeatable at home. I can't for the life of me see how Q.P.R. are likely to do what sides such as Chelsea, Arsenal and United can't. They all have a tough game of it at the Brittania. I think the writings on the wall for Mark Hughes. Sunday's game against Reading was the perfect opportunity to get their first three points, yet they were disappointing once again. Normally I'd say Rangers are worth a point, if all things were equal. But Stoke are clearly, for me, going in completely the opposite direction to Q.P.R. They look like they carry more of a goal threat these days, yet you still get that feeling of being tough to beat home and away. Pulls had impressed me, despite not being his biggest fan he has built something at Stoke. And I think it's that longevity that means Stoke will have much more success than Q.P.R. They kind of expect to be somewhere they haven't earned the right to be, and they've bought in a lot of players on decent money in such a short space of time. It clearly hasn't worked as they don't look up for it to me. Mark Hughes has received the dreaded vote of no confidence a couple of times, which is never a good sign, and I can't personally see the owners (after ploughing millions into the club) allowing them to slide back into the Championship. So I think the pressure here is all on Q.P.R. Which just adds weight against them, and will ultimately result in a loss. They're already extremely shaky at the back, adding all that pressure on to a back four that don't look up for the fight anyway will be too much. Stoke @ 1.9 - Betfred.

Re: Stoke City v Queens Park Rangers > Saturday 10th November

Have you watched us or just read the press?
you should guess from what I said I watched you a lot of times this season and mostly disappointing efforts especially in the games where the people thought QPR finally should get something from.

you should guess from what I said I watched you a lot of times this season and mostly disappointing efforts especially in the games where the people thought QPR finally should get something from.
You said we were a total mess but that's not what I've seen in the 10 games to date Only the Swansea game on the opening day was a disaster and even on that day we had 21 chances vs their 8 !! In home games we have held our own vs Chelsea and were the better side vs everyone and reading. Last weekend the opposing keeper got man of match We have carried our away form from last season but we outplayed spurs for an hour, nearly scraped a point at WBA and were beaten by an offside goal at arsenal Last season we did double over stoke and I'm hoping the hoodoo continues Pulis can only play one way and it frustrates the big sides but now we have cisse starting we finally have a goals corer in the team Hughes made the mistake of building the team around other players and now it's back to basics

Re: Stoke City v Queens Park Rangers > Saturday 10th November I might agree that Stoke is too short considering their moment. Didn't impress me at all last game vs Norwich, while QPR could have gotten the win against Reading if it wasn't for the opposing goalkeeper. Might jump on QPR on some sort of handicap most probably if no bad news until kick-off.

Re: Stoke City v Queens Park Rangers > Saturday 10th November Hi All, Look, there is no team that has played 4 tougher games away from home than QPR this season. Arsenal, WBA , Tottenham, Man City. QPR have not lost by more than goal in any match, so they have played these teams tight. Stoke have managed 3 goals in 4 games which is pretty poor. They don't concede goals, and this should be no different. It's not like they are gonna have a break out week and score 4, they don't have the personnel for that. QPR have the players, but the gelling process is still going on. They will probably get better. I don't think stoke can... Stoke are stoke :) Dull grinding soccer:zzz . I watched QPR against Reading and I thought the 1st half was terrible. Absolutely horrid, disjointed , 11 strangers soccer. Second half was a bit better. For industry and endeavour they get reasonably decent marks . Hughes will produce a tough , gritty, hard to beat team. So this will be a low scoring game. So what bets work best ? The ASIAN is crap at +.5 because 1 goal kills you, and there will probably be only 1 goal in it. The draw at 12/5 looks solid, but personally I'm not a big fan of trying to predict draws. Just too difficult. Question..... How many 2nd half goals have been scored by both teams in stoke's home games this season ? Answer 0 :eek not one second half goal. In 2011 53% of the 2nd half of stokes games were either 0 goals or 1 goal. You can check these stats free here for the english premier league. Choose 2012, England, order results by exact 2nd half goals and choose home form http://www.soccer-betbrain.com/soccer-exact-goals To me the best bet is more 1st half than 2nd half goals. Bet365 offer 11/5 for this. I will take a small gamble bet on this one and maybe couple it with Spurs to cause an upset an Man City , approx 20-1 for the double. Neil.

Re: Stoke City v Queens Park Rangers > Saturday 10th November last week stoke played 4-3-3 which is unusual for them as they usually stick with two forwards but they have struggled to win any match for long time. obviously getting so many draws is not good for them. things could open for qpr to score but because of their bad defending stoke should score few goals and i think the motivation to get three points at home will be high-. i would go for 2-1 or 3-1

Re: Stoke City v Queens Park Rangers > Saturday 10th November This is a tricky one for me because it's almost like people are expecting Stoke to win because of there home form over the last few seasons. But being brutally honest Stoke seem rather average this year and wouldn't be surprised if they get caught in relegation battle this year. I dont think they will go down but a lot of sides are respecting Stoke this year and are playing them on the counter attack. Because problem is Stoke haven't got the quality to take the game to sides and break them down So for me this has draw written all over it. Maybe a nil nil Draw - 6 points

Re: Stoke City v Queens Park Rangers > Saturday 10th November Stoke-Queens Park Rangers under 2.5 @1.75 4/10 188bet Stoke are normally a solid home team but this season they don't gain that many points like before. But they are still very hard to beat becuase of their very physically game. They are still unbeaten at home having conceded just 1 goal in 4 matches scoring just 3 goal in the same amount of home matches. They don't create a lot of chances and therefore they don't score too many goals. 8 out of 10 matches ended under 2.5. QPR are at the bottom of the table and Mark Hughes is close away from being sacked. It was assumed that he was to be sacked if they fail to beat Reading. They drew 1-1 but he is still in charge, probably he got another chance to save his job. They have problems in the offense: striker Zamora (3 goals) said he is tired of football and is not great fan of this sport. A lot of people called for his reitrement and also Hughes recognices it as he left him on the bench for most of the match against Readng. Despite him, they just have Cisse as a real striker. But he is no goal machine having scored his first goal in last week's encounter with Reading. Hughes is likely to play a tighter defence knwoing they won't get too many chances to score here. Less goals for me here.

I've seen the Chelsea' date=' Everton and Arsenal matches and I agree completely with .Rd. Hughes should be canned.[/quote'] 0-0, 1-1 and 0-1 against those 3 teams who are all in the top 6 yes he should be sacked, shame on Hughes for not beating those 3 teams. The more i read this thread, the more i just see comments based on the poor reports the press are making. They are against Hughes as they need a story and managers being sacked is the press's favourite pastime. the coverage recently on us has been appalling. The Standard in London is so poor they dont even get thier facts right, apparently we stayed upm on goal difference last season!! A quick glance at last years table will show we survived by 1 point and if people say once more we only stayed up cos Bolton were ****, i will do one. They seem to forget they beat us when we had a goal disallowed whcih was 3 yards over the line, which would have put us 1-0 up but we ended up losing the game 2-1. The referee that day Martin Atkinson, the referee tomorrow Martin Atkinson!! Hopefully, we finally get am decision, a penalty would be nice, not sure who takes them now, its so long!!

0-0, 1-1 and 0-1 against those 3 teams who are all in the top 6 yes he should be sacked, shame on Hughes for not beating those 3 teams. The more i read this thread, the more i just see comments based on the poor reports the press are making. They are against Hughes as they need a story and managers being sacked is the press's favourite pastime. the coverage recently on us has been appalling. The Standard in London is so poor they dont even get thier facts right, apparently we stayed upm on goal difference last season!! A quick glance at last years table will show we survived by 1 point and if people say once more we only stayed up cos Bolton were ****, i will do one. They seem to forget they beat us when we had a goal disallowed whcih was 3 yards over the line, which would have put us 1-0 up but we ended up losing the game 2-1. The referee that day Martin Atkinson, the referee tomorrow Martin Atkinson!! Hopefully, we finally get am decision, a penalty would be nice, not sure who takes them now, its so long!!
Calm down Bowles, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and yours is always going to be a tad biased.

0-0, 1-1 and 0-1 against those 3 teams who are all in the top 6 yes he should be sacked, shame on Hughes for not beating those 3 teams. The more i read this thread, the more i just see comments based on the poor reports the press are making. They are against Hughes as they need a story and managers being sacked is the press's favourite pastime. the coverage recently on us has been appalling. The Standard in London is so poor they dont even get thier facts right, apparently we stayed upm on goal difference last season!! A quick glance at last years table will show we survived by 1 point and if people say once more we only stayed up cos Bolton were ****, i will do one. They seem to forget they beat us when we had a goal disallowed whcih was 3 yards over the line, which would have put us 1-0 up but we ended up losing the game 2-1. The referee that day Martin Atkinson, the referee tomorrow Martin Atkinson!! Hopefully, we finally get am decision, a penalty would be nice, not sure who takes them now, its so long!!
Have to agree with just about all of that, the R's have been very unlucky at times this year and should have a few more points on the board. Really fancy them to get some kind of result tomorrow.

Calm down Bowles' date=' everyone is entitled to their opinion, and yours is always going to be a tad biased.[/quote'] Yep agreed but .....just get frustrated by the negative comments on my boys If we were stuffed every week I can see why but our results are close Roll on tomorrow

Re: Stoke City v Queens Park Rangers > Saturday 10th November In their last 20 matches Stoke have only won twice - Wolves at home, who everyone was beating and Swansea, where I think they had quite a large physical advantage. That does not justify them being so short - I will be laying them or taking QPR on the handicap Do agree with Bowles on the Standard unless you are Chelsea Spurs Arsenal or West Ham you don't get a look in - I don't support QPR

Yes, the results against CFC, Arsenal & Everton are not bad at all, however its their performance I am referring to. As was said before, they are devoid of cohesion and look out of sync more often than not (from what I've seen). I'm not trying to hate; I like many of your players--Hoillet, Diakite, M'Bwia, to name a few. Honestly, I think the much of the criticism (and if not, mine is) is based on the assumption that QPR has tremendous potential and therefore should be doing better. In other words, I would like to see what this side of talented players is capable of. That said, I stand by what I wrote earlier: the performances so far have been nowhere near the level of quality that QPR possesses.

Re: Stoke City v Queens Park Rangers > Saturday 10th November This is where the Performance Ratings come in handy, because we all at times can be a bit biased or over opinionated about our own team - it's just natural. Here they are http://www.punterslounge.com/english-premier-league-football-performance-ratings-2012-2013 I'd say based on what I see, QPR have been average this season and so have Stoke - could be a tight game, but hard to predict because they are playing a match both teams know they can win, rather than one against the big boys.

Re: Stoke City v Queens Park Rangers > Saturday 10th November Can't back Stoke odds on even though most sides traditionally struggle on their visits there. QPR missed their chance to get their first win by not putting Reading away, it's going to be a long old season for them. For sure they have quality but it isn't working yet. Stoke to win to nil @ 3.40 with Ladbrokes is appealing 5/10 Crouch FGS @ 6.00 with Paddy Power 3/10

Re: Stoke City v Queens Park Rangers > Saturday 10th November *Stoke WIN @ 66/67 Pinnacle* As good as even money here is a good price for Stoke in my opinion. QPR haven't convinced me this year, Hughes is doing a poor job for me, Park and Fabio will be big losses as will Johnson. Stoke are renowned for being such a good team at home, and they should be physically too tough for QPR. I don't know what price people think Stoke should be? The last time they lost at home was against Valencia back in February and QPR are 9 games without a win? Great price in my opinion.

This is where the Performance Ratings come in handy, because we all at times can be a bit biased or over opinionated about our own team - it's just natural. Here they are http://www.punterslounge.com/english-premier-league-football-performance-ratings-2012-2013 I'd say based on what I see, QPR have been average this season and so have Stoke - could be a tight game, but hard to predict because they are playing a match both teams know they can win, rather than one against the big boys.
Hey, Paul! But where can I see this week's performance ratings? Or aren't they up yet? -edit- Found them.

Re: Stoke City v Queens Park Rangers > Saturday 10th November lets look another way at this game H2H over last 6 meetings at Stoke reads LWWLLL so 4 wins out of 6 for QPR Similar at QPR, the record reads 4-1-1 in QPR's favour so 8 wins in the last 12 meetings for QPR 7 of the 12 were under 2.5gls, but 3 of last 4 were over 2.5gls If i was looking for value prices, QPR appeal as does over 2.5goals QPR 7/2 Blue square Over 2.5gls B365 11/10 Cisse 1st goal 9/1 BetVictor

Re: Stoke City v Queens Park Rangers > Saturday 10th November Under 2.5 goals 1.76 @ Betfair - All of Stoke's premier league home games has gone under 2.5 goals - 0-0 vs Arsenal 1-1 Vs Man City, 2-0 vs Swansea and 0-0 vs Sunderland and in total 8 out of 10 of Stoke's premier league games both home and away has gone under 2.5 goals. 5 out of 10 of QPR's premier league games has gone under 2.5 goals. This means if you combine both teams records then 13 out of their 20 premier league games this season has gone under 2.5 goals = 65% under 2.5 goals. The odds of 1.76 suggest that the chances of under 2.5 goals in this match is 57% so statistically there is value in backing under 2.5 goals here. Stoke are in general a underish defensive side and dont't concede many goals but also don't score that many either. QPR have not scored many goals this season either with just 8 goals scored in 10 games which is the same record as Stoke. QPR have not clicked so far this season for some reason but i'm sure they will come good sooner rather than later as they have some talented players. I personally don't think either team will score 3 goals tomorrow so the only way this bet could lose apart from that is if the score is 2-1 to either side or a 2-2 draw. Under 2.5 looks like a solid bet IMO.

Re: Stoke City v Queens Park Rangers > Saturday 10th November Stoke @ 1.91 Sportsbet Completely agree with Jase and Aidymac on this one, I think Stoke will be far too strong at home for the likes of QPR. Time after time the big sides leave the Britannia with no more then a point, and I think even getting a point will be a stretch for QPR. I've watched them a few times and simply aren't impressed by them. Granted they have a couple of attacking outlets who can cause trouble, but as an outfit I can't see them being good enough to break down a dogged Stoke defence. Stoke on the other hand have an impressive record at home and will see this as a great opportunity to secure 3 more points.

Re: Stoke City v Queens Park Rangers > Saturday 10th November Good day. My first post. From what i understand, rory delap will miss this game, which means stoke's style of long throw will be affected. Anyone knows Stoke's game results without the long throw in?

Good day. My first post. From what i understand, rory delap will miss this game, which means stoke's style of long throw will be affected. Anyone knows Stoke's game results without the long throw in?
Dude I think you forgot about Ryan Shotton

Good day. My first post. From what i understand, rory delap will miss this game, which means stoke's style of long throw will be affected. Anyone knows Stoke's game results without the long throw in?
Tbh I'm not sure Rory Delap as as important as he was during Stoke's early years, and he's only played ten minutes this season anyway :ok