** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Stoke City v Queens Park Rangers > Saturday 10th November

Aidymac

lets look another way at this game H2H over last 6 meetings at Stoke reads LWWLLL so 4 wins out of 6 for QPR Similar at QPR, the record reads 4-1-1 in QPR's favour so 8 wins in the last 12 meetings for QPR 7 of the 12 were under 2.5gls, but 3 of last 4 were over 2.5gls If i was looking for value prices, QPR appeal as does over 2.5goals QPR 7/2 Blue square Over 2.5gls B365 11/10 Cisse 1st goal 9/1 BetVictor
Bowles, the majority of those head to heads were from the Championship. Last season was in the EPL and you did beat Stoke at the Brittania, which does deserve respect. How important those head to heads are, considering their from 2005 and beyond, in a different competition to the one they participate in now, is debatable.

It doesn't matter from what perspective you come from if you think stoke are a better bet at odds against then arsenal are at $1.55 to beat a massively overrated and pathetic defensively fullham then you need a straight jacket :). Everyones entitled to an opinion of course but I just can't see the value. It's a really poor bet.

Re: Stoke City v Queens Park Rangers > Saturday 10th November

Bowles' date=' the majority of those head to heads were from the Championship. Last season was in the EPL and you did beat Stoke at the Brittania, which does deserve respect. How important those head to heads are, considering their from 2005 and beyond, in a different competition to the one they participate in now, is debatable.[/quote'] H2H are what they are Jase, people say its a hard place to go to yet we have won there before. Even last season we won there when others didnt. From what ive seen of Stoke this season, they are beatable,as we are, which shows the difference of opinion in this thread with some saying H and some A. Good luck to all, i will watching closely

0-0, 1-1 and 0-1 against those 3 teams who are all in the top 6 yes he should be sacked, shame on Hughes for not beating those 3 teams. The more i read this thread, the more i just see comments based on the poor reports the press are making. They are against Hughes as they need a story and managers being sacked is the press's favourite pastime. the coverage recently on us has been appalling. The Standard in London is so poor they dont even get thier facts right, apparently we stayed upm on goal difference last season!! A quick glance at last years table will show we survived by 1 point and if people say once more we only stayed up cos Bolton were ****, i will do one. They seem to forget they beat us when we had a goal disallowed whcih was 3 yards over the line, which would have put us 1-0 up but we ended up losing the game 2-1. The referee that day Martin Atkinson, the referee tomorrow Martin Atkinson!! Hopefully, we finally get am decision, a penalty would be nice, not sure who takes them now, its so long!!
You might have noticed that up until last week i was of the opinion that QPR's position is false and was confident they would start to pick up points. After the reading game last week im not so sure, i mean readings keeper got man of the match because he couldnt give it to anyone else. He made a good save from Granero's free kick and near the end from Tarrabt who should have done better. The stats show a good few shots on target but none of them troubled the keeper with Tarrabt constantly taking shots from outside the box that basically rolled in to the keepers ams. The first half of this game QPR were the poorer team by long way against fellow relegation strugglers at home. They are away today against the best home defence in the league and any chance Cisse gets (well taken goal last week) he will need to take for them to have a chance. Under 2.5 goals 5 pts Draw 2 pts

Re: Stoke City v Queens Park Rangers > Saturday 10th November Stoke vs QPR UNDER 2.5 goals @ 1.80 (Stan James:3pts) I think this will be a tight affair and relatively close scoreline. Hughes is under extreme pressure at QPR, no wins in 10 league games is poor given his resources and I think first and foremost, he will be trying to avoid defeat here. They seem to be slowly improving but still pretty disjointed overall. I do however think that with the right approach today, they can stifle this Stoke side to some extent. Stoke have been completely average this season, dont lose many games and are tough to beat at home, but also look limp in attack. They've gone under in 8 out of 10 PL games this season including matches against Arsenal, City, Chelsea. I fancy another cagey game here with QPR trying to get a foothold in the game first, deny Stoke and maybe take more risks later.

Stoke vs QPR UNDER 2.5 goals @ 1.80 (Stan James:3pts) I think this will be a tight affair and relatively close scoreline. Hughes is under extreme pressure at QPR, no wins in 10 league games is poor given his resources and I think first and foremost, he will be trying to avoid defeat here. They seem to be slowly improving but still pretty disjointed overall. I do however think that with the right approach today, they can stifle this Stoke side to some extent. Stoke have been completely average this season, dont lose many games and are tough to beat at home, but also look limp in attack. They've gone under in 8 out of 10 PL games this season including matches against Arsenal, City, Chelsea. I fancy another cagey game here with QPR trying to get a foothold in the game first, deny Stoke and maybe take more risks later.
+2

This is where the Performance Ratings come in handy, because we all at times can be a bit biased or over opinionated about our own team - it's just natural. Here they are http://www.punterslounge.com/english-premier-league-football-performance-ratings-2012-2013 I'd say based on what I see, QPR have been average this season and so have Stoke - could be a tight game, but hard to predict because they are playing a match both teams know they can win, rather than one against the big boys.
This just about sums it up for me. Stoke are very hard to beat at home but we also don't win as many as we should these days. QPR are under performing but do have the players available to cause teams damage. They could click at any time and start winning yet their results have been very poor so far. It's a real tough game to call in my opinion. On paper Stoke at evens is a fair price but I would be wary of opposing QPR as we know that they have players which are better than their position suggests. I've been looking to back them on the handicap in the right circumstances as I think they will start improving but I'm not sure if this match is the right time. Stoke are also slightly under performing themselves and I know Pulis is desperate for a win and has had the players working their bollocks of this week.

Re: Stoke City v Queens Park Rangers > Saturday 10th November Over 2.5 @ 2.26 pinnacle Stoke have scored in just two of their last six games, but they now face a QPR side that has conceded in 9 of their last 10 games, as well at least two goals in 5 of these games, as well as in 3 of their last 4 away games. Pressure is on Hughes to start getting some results so he will see this as a winnable game for them, and having won both fixtures last season, then no doubt that he will be confident that they can do it again here. QPR have scored in 4 of their 5 away games this season as well as in 7 of their 10 games and though Stoke have not conceded much, they are facing a desperate QPR side who might be able to get at least a goal here. QPR won 3-2 in the corresponding game last year, and would not be surprised there are goals again here

Re: Stoke City v Queens Park Rangers > Saturday 10th November I've backed Stoke (in some form) several times this year, but this time I'm staying away. Charlie Adam has been way too erratic of late and IMO he is much too valuable to his side--meaning when he performs poorly, the team struggles.

Stoke-Queens Park Rangers under 2.5 @1.75 4/10 188bet Stoke are normally a solid home team but this season they don't gain that many points like before. But they are still very hard to beat becuase of their very physically game. They are still unbeaten at home having conceded just 1 goal in 4 matches scoring just 3 goal in the same amount of home matches. They don't create a lot of chances and therefore they don't score too many goals. 8 out of 10 matches ended under 2.5. QPR are at the bottom of the table and Mark Hughes is close away from being sacked. It was assumed that he was to be sacked if they fail to beat Reading. They drew 1-1 but he is still in charge, probably he got another chance to save his job. They have problems in the offense: striker Zamora (3 goals) said he is tired of football and is not great fan of this sport. A lot of people called for his reitrement and also Hughes recognices it as he left him on the bench for most of the match against Readng. Despite him, they just have Cisse as a real striker. But he is no goal machine having scored his first goal in last week's encounter with Reading. Hughes is likely to play a tighter defence knwoing they won't get too many chances to score here. Less goals for me here.
bet won

*Stoke WIN @ 66/67 Pinnacle* As good as even money here is a good price for Stoke in my opinion. QPR haven't convinced me this year, Hughes is doing a poor job for me, Park and Fabio will be big losses as will Johnson. Stoke are renowned for being such a good team at home, and they should be physically too tough for QPR. I don't know what price people think Stoke should be? The last time they lost at home was against Valencia back in February and QPR are 9 games without a win? Great price in my opinion.
Stoke win. :beer

Well done to the winners. Jase I've been following your write ups with great interest for a while and your usually on the mark. I still can't believe that you and others thought stoke were value at odds against having won 2 of the past 20 matches and struggled against ordinary opposition the last 2. I know stoke won and arsenal lost and I need a straight jacket but that bet just couldn't be value from where I sit.

Well done to the winners. Jase I've been following your write ups with great interest for a while and your usually on the mark. I still can't believe that you and others thought stoke were value at odds against having won 2 of the past 20 matches and struggled against ordinary opposition the last 2. I know stoke won and arsenal lost and I need a straight jacket but that bet just couldn't be value from where I sit.
Surely it depends on the opposition though? Stats alone don't tell the full story. Look who's Stoke home matches have been against so far. QPR were in terrible form. As it happens Stoke were poor today but still won. Surely that is partly down to who they were playing though? A qpr side who despite playing ok at times, just can't pick up results due to poor finishing and mistakes in defence. That is more considered reasoning than simply not backing a side because of the stats.

Well my thought process was that you really have to take into account whether the odds were value currently, under current circumstances. I probably wouldn't touch them if they slipped down to 1.8 as some home favourites do, but around evens for a strong home side is fairly acceptable, and isn't a price that is too far from reality for an established EPL side at home (which is subjectively what Stoke now are). Now, you might say Stoke have only won two of twenty, but equally you could say they've only lost zero of the last fourteen. Which one sounds better? Take into consideration the fact Q.P.R. are struggling for results as well. Despite the performances they look like a side that need resuscitating badly. So I personally don't think evens is a bad price on a strong home side versus a side that aren't getting the results as its probably worth opposing them in the short term. Until Hughes is gone they won't get that jolt they need to improve things. He'll either get the push or the owners will give him another £20m to spend in January as they need that spark to jolt them back into life. Although I think that It wasn't a great game and a draw was probably fair, but how long would Stoke go without winning. Eventually they had to turn those tight performances into a win.

Re: Stoke City v Queens Park Rangers > Saturday 10th November I think themanwiththestats is right about Stoke tbh, not a good bet below EVENS although it seems like they hovered above and below that line in the build-up. Looking at the highlights, they were very fortunate, really horrible team I think. Stoke rarely ever seem to play well, first and foremost set up to be tough and hard to beat so dont lose many either. Stoke were one of my main money-makers in recent seasons along with opposing Liverpool in some capacity(which i still love to do, and fingers crossed for chelsea today), but I dont find Stoke as appealing these days and swerve them quite regularly. However backing them on a + handicap at home against the top sides is still something I do on occasion as they usually dont win, but also dont lose.

You might have noticed that up until last week i was of the opinion that QPR's position is false and was confident they would start to pick up points. After the reading game last week im not so sure, i mean readings keeper got man of the match because he couldnt give it to anyone else. He made a good save from Granero's free kick and near the end from Tarrabt who should have done better. The stats show a good few shots on target but none of them troubled the keeper with Tarrabt constantly taking shots from outside the box that basically rolled in to the keepers ams. The first half of this game QPR were the poorer team by long way against fellow relegation strugglers at home. They are away today against the best home defence in the league and any chance Cisse gets (well taken goal last week) he will need to take for them to have a chance. Under 2.5 goals 5 pts Draw 2 pts
Shame I actually backed the 1-0 stoke victory on super6

Stoke @ 1.91 Sportsbet Completely agree with Jase and Aidymac on this one, I think Stoke will be far too strong at home for the likes of QPR. Time after time the big sides leave the Britannia with no more then a point, and I think even getting a point will be a stretch for QPR. I've watched them a few times and simply aren't impressed by them. Granted they have a couple of attacking outlets who can cause trouble, but as an outfit I can't see them being good enough to break down a dogged Stoke defence. Stoke on the other hand have an impressive record at home and will see this as a great opportunity to secure 3 more points.
Happy with that :beer:beer