Championship > September 22-24

Sir Puntalot

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 22 September 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Crystal Palace v Cardiff City (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.05 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Derby County v Burnley (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.38[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.13 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Ipswich Town v Charlton Athletic (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.27 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Leeds United v Nottingham Forest (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.82 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Millwall v Brighton & Hove Albion (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.62[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.03 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Peterborough United v Wolverhampton Wanderers (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.35[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sheffield Wednesday v Bolton Wanderers (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.62[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.29 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Watford v Bristol City (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]98.02 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Birmingham City v Barnsley (17:20 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 23 September 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Leicester City v Hull City (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.78 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 24 September 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Blackpool v Huddersfield Town (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.83[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.57 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Championship > September 22-24 derby v burnley maybe a bit early to call this coz burnley are playing away to leicester tonight(which iam siding with leicester) but derby have an excellent home record v bottom half teams last season 8-3-1 5th best in league and are played 2 won 2 this season at home v bottom half teams. and burnleys recent form is below par espicially away so the -0.25 2.05 line and odds on derby looks nice. but obsviously this will change on tonights game.

Re: Championship > September 22-24 Too early I will again wait till Friday or Saturday in order to collect info from sites but just share my thoughts.Very difficult games this time but I fancy Wolves.Odds are big because they are away but Peterborough were easily beaten in all their games both home and away.They will sooner or later grab some points but that game comes at a wrong moment.Wolves are without a point away from home and tonight play Ipswich.No matter if they win or lose they will want another win on Saturday.Seventh lose in a row for The Posh is possible.

Initially I'd say the odds on Cardiff seem too short. Palace have been playing well recently, and they certainly have improved sincevthe start of the season. I think they're good enough for a point at least. There could be something in backing Bristol city + 0.5, but I haven't checked the odds. Similar to last night it's more of a selection against Watford because they seem to have hit the self distruct button. Although Bristol city aren't the best championship side they've had a steady start to the season and should see this as a decent chance to net at least a point. Elsewhere I have to fancy Birmingham @ 1.75 and I can't really see the odds lasting tbh. Barnsley are pretty dire away from oakwell, and they may score, but are always liable to concede. I would have Birmingham At around 1.45 personally. They had some dire away results earlier in the season, but they should finish in the top eight this season, and have the quality to take three points from a relegation threatened barnsley side that don't travel well at all.

Re: Championship > September 22-24

Initially I'd say the odds on Cardiff seem too short. Palace have been playing well recently' date=' and they certainly have improved sincevthe start of the season. I think they're good enough for a point at least.[/quote'] I agree that the odds aren't quite right yet again for a Palace game but I personally couldn't back Palace here. Cardiff are on another level to Forest and even when they play badly can still win games simply due to the level of quality throughout the side. If it was last season I'd back Palace on the +0.25 line no problem but Cardiff have added some serious firepower to their ranks and for me one of the few teams to be feared at this level. Can Palace get a result here? ofcourse because it's Selhurst and we're on form but I have too much respect for the away side to make a play here.

Re: Championship > September 22-24 For me Brighton look good value at 7/4 and I cant see them going off at that price come the weekend. Winning there last 4 games, at home to Barnsley 5-1 & Sheff Wed 3-0 and away wins at both Burnley 3-1 and last night at Watford 1-0. Gus this season has alot more options and in my opinion the best two full backs in the league and a solid looking midfield and a big change in form and confidence of Craig Mackail-Smith with 6 goals in the last four games. Millwall on the other hand have lost 4 of their opening 6 games scoring 8 and conceding the most in the Championship of 13 goals. Brighton have goals in them and cannot see them not scoring on Sat. Like I said 7/4 in my opinion is good value and I will be taking that price.

For me Brighton look good value at 7/4 and I cant see them going off at that price come the weekend. Winning there last 4 games' date=' at home to Barnsley 5-1 & Sheff Wed 3-0 and away wins at both Burnley 3-1 and last night at Watford 1-0. Gus this season has alot more options and in my opinion the best two full backs in the league and a solid looking midfield and a big change in form and confidence of Craig Mackail-Smith with 6 goals in the last four games. Millwall on the other hand have lost 4 of their opening 6 games scoring 8 and conceding the most in the Championship of 13 goals. Brighton have goals in them and cannot see them not scoring on Sat. Like I said 7/4 in my opinion is good value and I will be taking that price.[/quote'] I agree 7/4 is a nice price for Brighton,BUT we were very lucky to win at Watford. Scappy game & a draw would of been fair tbh. That said,we look solid in defence,so another narrow win possible perhaps. Hope you win mate! :-)

Re: Championship > September 22-24 blackburn v middlesbrough (missing from list) played friday nite blackburn pretty strong at home so far, 100% record, came back from goal down last nite and beat leicester and hull in other home games. middlesbrough lost every game away this season, and gt a beaten last couple of away games. last season mfc were strong away to bottom half teams but average away v top half teams. And today they are playing a top half team, and i dont think they will have much confidence about facing them So im thinking maybe theres value in the -0.5 1.84 line/odds on bfc has sum value,,??

Re: Championship > September 22-24 I've took Wolverhampton @ 2,20 (Bet365) The price is dropping, so I see them at evens (or 1,90) prior the kick-off. I'm taking them because I believe their morale is very high following the wins over Ipswich and Leicester, they will try to capitalize them by taking the third one in a row. At the moment Peterborough doesn't look like a squad capable of stopping an in-form team. If the home team doesn't come up with some heavy inspiration (or hidden class) I don't believe they will get anything against the Wolves. The price is rather good, and I hope that the Wolves are getting on a winning streak (taking 3pts here and against out-of form Sheffield W. next week).

Re: Championship > September 22-24 Blackburn v Middlesbrough: Over 2.5 Goals: 1.83 @ StanJames (3 points) Both sides have managed to get on the score sheet in their last 5 games and I like the chances of goals again in this match. Blackburn are flying high at the top of the table and that is because they are scoring plenty of goals. However, they are conceding far too many which is unusual for a team at the top. They've got plenty of fire power though and they are good value to get a couple of goals every game, especially at home. Their defence is shaky though and Boro are decent enough going forward. Mowbrays teams traditionally try to play 'football' which can result in plenty of goals at both ends. With two fairly open teams who have scored in each of their last 5 games, I like the look of the overs here at what appears a fair price.

Re: Championship > September 22-24 leeds v notts forrest leeds great starting 11 but lost mcoramck last game and alreaDY lost green and now probaly their star striker bechia. are severly weakened . i know are nt the same as hull in attacking options who beat then away last game. the +0.25 1.78 looking appealing.

Blackburn v Middlesbrough: Over 2.5 Goals: 1.83 @ StanJames (3 points) Both sides have managed to get on the score sheet in their last 5 games and I like the chances of goals again in this match. Blackburn are flying high at the top of the table and that is because they are scoring plenty of goals. However, they are conceding far too many which is unusual for a team at the top. They've got plenty of fire power though and they are good value to get a couple of goals every game, especially at home. Their defence is shaky though and Boro are decent enough going forward. Mowbrays teams traditionally try to play 'football' which can result in plenty of goals at both ends. With two fairly open teams who have scored in each of their last 5 games, I like the look of the overs here at what appears a fair price.
Absolutely agree.While I am not so convinced in Blackburn as they had hard time against Barnsley and Boro are a better team than Barsnley I am quite sure that this one ends in an over.Both teams score a lot of goals.Middlesbrough scored in every game except the opening game against Barnsley and Blackburn conceded in every game except for one 1:0 win at home against Hull who are tight away from home..But Boro play attacking football as you said and are likely to score at least one goal.Then Blackburn will have to fight for the win in front of their own fans and score at least two.Something more the game is on TV on Friday.I have the feeling that odds will drop by the kick off so should take them early. An interesting fact in statistics is that when Ipswich are involved in a game most goals are scored in the second half.Probably fatigue in the back plays its role - they were still in the game at Blackpool during the first 45 minutes but conceded four more in the second half.Kept the 0:0 HT on Tuesday against Wolves and were beaten 0:2.But Ipswich tend to attack more aggressively as the end approaches.They still haven't scored a goal in the first half this season. Similar story with Charlton.Not so obvious while playing at home but they didn't find the net in the first half in their first three away games.So second half more goals is quite a good value at 2.00.I think there is much more than 50% chance for that bet.

Re: Championship > September 22-24 A couple of points to make on Blackburn. Whilst we have a 100% home record, we've been awful. 2nd best in all 3, yet 3 wins. In terms of Barnsley being better than Middlesbrough, don't be too sure. Barnsley looked a really tidy outfit on Tuesday night and, IMO, better than both Hull & Leicester. That said, you would expect Boro to be stronger.

Re: Championship > September 22-24 Derby v Burnley +0.5 @ 1.80 Bet365 (3 points) Deby are in fine form at the moment especially at home but I think a +0.5 line is too generous on Burnley. The Clarets are yet to pick up a point on the road admittedly but it's only a matter of time untill they do so. They were beating a decent Leicester side midweek but ended up going down 2-1. Top scorer Charlie Austin missed that game with a knock but he could be back for this match which would be a massive plus. He hit a hatrick in last weeks win against Peterborough and hopefully he can continue with that form. Derby have surprised me with how well they have started the season and you can't knock their home form. They have put 8 goals away in their last 2 home games and deserve respect for that. Watford were terrible in that game though and Charlton weren't much better in the week. So whilst they deserve credit for that, I think Burnley will prove to be a tougher opposition. I think there is a fair chance of the draw here and see the odds on Burnley being a touch too big. It's the Clarets on the handicap for me to pick up their first point/s on the road.

Re: Championship > September 22-24 Ipswich v Charlton +0.5 @ 1.825 Bet365 (3 points) Both teams are in poor form and this match could potentially go either way but I think the value has to be with the Addicks here. The Tractor Boys have yet to win at home so far this season and confidence must be low. The pressure is mounting on Jewell and I think that will be more weight on the players shoulders. Charlton have started just as poorly but with them being newly promoted I don't think they will be as worried. Ricardo Fuller could also be set to make his first start and I think he can make a massive difference for Charlton as he is a real handful and creates space for others. Its a fairly tough game to call but I think Charlton can get something from the game and mount more pressure on Jewell.

In terms of Barnsley being better than Middlesbrough' date=' don't be too sure. Barnsley looked a really tidy outfit on Tuesday night and, IMO, better than both Hull & Leicester. That said, you would expect Boro to be stronger.[/quote'] I meant Boro are probably better than Barnsley.Too early to say who is better.I stick with the overs.GL

For me Brighton look good value at 7/4 and I cant see them going off at that price come the weekend. Winning there last 4 games' date=' at home to Barnsley 5-1 & Sheff Wed 3-0 and away wins at both Burnley 3-1 and last night at Watford 1-0. Gus this season has alot more options and in my opinion the best two full backs in the league and a solid looking midfield and a big change in form and confidence of Craig Mackail-Smith with 6 goals in the last four games. Millwall on the other hand have lost 4 of their opening 6 games scoring 8 and conceding the most in the Championship of 13 goals. Brighton have goals in them and cannot see them not scoring on Sat. Like I said 7/4 in my opinion is good value and I will be taking that price.[/quote'] millwall have already lost twice at home to familiar class opposition as brighton in blackpool and cardiff. their only 2 wins at home v bad away side miidlesbrough and away v hapless the posh. brightons away form last season did let them down but their away record v bottom half teams 4-5-3 was much better them their away v top half teams 2-2-7. But brighton away form this season looks much improved with all the new players onboard only losing to unluckily to hull in the their first game. Taken into account millwall recent form (and lack of goals) v top 6 teams and , brightons recent form away, and defence plus crofts is probaly back, i think also there is value to be had in tbrightons odds i like the 0 ahc line, 1.92 odds myself.

Re: Championship > September 22-24 Barnsley at 11/2 (BoyleSports and Bet£3.65) to beat Brum City is too long. They've performed really decently against good opposition since their drubbing at Brighton (for which they had 12 players out), albeit without the results. But performances get results in the end, and the Bluenoses aren't firing as a unit yet. At that price I'm having it modest. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- You can't eat value

Re: Championship > September 22-24 4pts Blackburn to beat Middlesbrough 20/23 BetVictor I like Blackburn in this match. I thought before the season started that despite all the doom and gloom around Ewood Park and the animosity towards their manager that they would go well this term and the signing of Jordan Rhodes has only accentuated that. Middlesbrough are good at home but have a weakness in them on the road and that can be explored by a good Blackburn side. I’m happy this will be a home win. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/blackburn-vs-middlesbrough-betting-blackburn-can-extend-their-lead-at-the-top-in-the-friday-night-match

Re: Championship > September 22-24 Blackburn v Middlesbrough 6pts Blackburn to win @ 1.83 Stanjames 4pts Rhodes anytime scorer @ 2.25 Stanjames (Freebet With Stanjames) Having watched Blackburn a few times this season i think there squad is definitely good enough to win this league. They may have lost a quality player in Junior Hoilett but new signings like Danny Murphy, Jordan Rhodes and Colin Kazim Richards have more than made up for this and if anything i'd say the squads probably stronger than it was last season. One thing this team won't struggle for is goals with the poacher Jordan Rhodes up front and the support he will get from Gomes, Richards, Rochina, Formica and the list goes on. Fancy Rhodes to score again tonight and this won't be the last time i'll be backing him. He made me quite a bit of profit last season and if the start of this seasons anything to go by then it's looking good!

Re: Championship > September 22-24 My strategy requires that I take Middlesbrough to win here @ 4.25 (odds have dropped from around 4.7 yesterday), but I'm taking a cover of overs @ 1.79. My feeling is that the odds are fairly decent for two teams that can score (Boro at home, Blackburn anywhere) and concede (both anywhere). I suspect that if I'm right on the upset win, it won't matter, and if I'm wrong on the upset win, the final will be 4-1 or something.

Re: Championship > September 22-24 While Blackburn have started really well point wise, the haven't been convincing. Rovers have been involved in 5 matches out of six where both teams have scored . Boro' have lost all of their 3 away so they are due a good performance. I'm going with two bets here: Both teams to score @ 1.72 Bet365 Boro' not to lose @ 1.90 Bet365

Re: Championship > September 22-24 While Blackburn have started really well point wise, they haven't been convincing. Rovers have been involved in 5 matches out of six where both teams have scored . Boro' have lost all of their 3 away so they are due a good performance. I'm going with two bets here: Both teams to score @ 1.72 Bet365 Boro' not to lose @ 1.90 Bet365

Re: Championship > September 22-24 I think there is value in goals over at 5/6 - it will be a open game As a Boro fan I have seen us struggle this season without Robson and Bates and now without Bailey and Rhys Williams. We lost badly at Barnsley so I don't agree Boro are better than Barnsley statement game should be around 1.75 for Blackburn. Blackburn have a much stronger team out today on paper any way.

Blackburn v Middlesbrough 6pts Blackburn to win @ 1.83 Stanjames 4pts Rhodes anytime scorer @ 2.25 Stanjames (Freebet With Stanjames) Having watched Blackburn a few times this season i think there squad is definitely good enough to win this league. They may have lost a quality player in Junior Hoilett but new signings like Danny Murphy, Jordan Rhodes and Colin Kazim Richards have more than made up for this and if anything i'd say the squads probably stronger than it was last season. One thing this team won't struggle for is goals with the poacher Jordan Rhodes up front and the support he will get from Gomes, Richards, Rochina, Formica and the list goes on. Fancy Rhodes to score again tonight and this won't be the last time i'll be backing him. He made me quite a bit of profit last season and if the start of this seasons anything to go by then it's looking good!
Thoroughly deserved win for Boro, Blackburn really didn't turn up tonight. Thought the Boro midfield really ran the show as Murphy and Etuhu, both really experienced players, weren't given a sniff tonight. A few surprises from Steve Kean aswel i thought at 2-0 down the first thing he would do was bring on Rochina or Pederson. Surprising performance from Boro lets see if they can build on this next game. 2012 Football Betting Record: 7-12 (+2.30)

Re: Championship > September 22-24 Looks like the bookies have priced the Cardiff game about right. I'd say we are favourites but its not a given. 3 points to make though: 1 - Cardiff won on the final day of the final day of the season at Selhurst Park, 2-1. Since then, we have strengthened considerable, particularly in our striking options. We not only have a potent forward line now but we also have strength in depth and players on the bench who can cause as much damage as those in the first 11 2 - Ex-city defender Darcy Blake will face his home town club for the first time since he moved. Whilst not a huge fan of his, he will be able to give the gaffer some insight on our players/tactics and, I've no doubt, he will have a point to make, having been disregarded by both previous managers 3 - Palace's strength last season was a good, solid home record. However, they have not kept a clean sheet at home since March. They have kept just one solitary clean sheet this season, against Charlton (and, if memory serves me right, charlton should have come away with at least one goal...) I'd argue we are certainly better than last season, whereas Palalce are, at best, in a similar position. I'd say Palace are a lay, and we should win but the odds don't hold enough value for money to follow.

Re: Championship > September 22-24 4/10pts Wolves to beat Peterborough - 6/5 with Coral I am surprised these odds are being offered by a few bookmakers as I expected them to be closer to the evens mark. Wolves have looked like they have turned a corner over the last week and come in to this after 2 consecutive wins against sides who have done better than Peterborough so far. Nobody has been worse than Ferguson's men up to now as they have lost all 6 games they have played in the league and the chairman has already had to answer questions on the manager's future. That isn't a healthy position to be in and losing some key players over the last couple of months must be a big reason for such a poor start. Wolves have brought in a couple of good new faces and Sako in particular has been a major force already. Add to him a core of players who have done it before at this level in Doyle, Ebanks-Blake, Johnson and Henry and you have a solid side with good options. They weren't looking too great before that win against Leicester but followed up that 3 points with another 3 in midweek so are at the opposite end of the confidence scale to Peterborough. I think they are worth a solid stake.

Another example of the bbc's unrivalled not-worth-reading reviews... Cardiff City •Cardiff are bidding for a four successive league wins, last achieved in April 2011. •They have kept an unsurpassed three clean sheets in this Championship campaign. •The Bluebirds have conceded a goal in each of their six games. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19614999 First sentence written by a 5 year old, the last two contradict each other (plus the 3rd sentence is simply wrong). :clap

Re: Championship > September 22-24 After the ipswich-wolves game i went with 'wolves or draw' @ 1.40 for saturdays game, seemed good value for such a safe bet, but after the boro game i'm reminded of the unpredictability of this league. Fear i may lose quite a bit of money tomorrow.