Championship > September 22-24

Sir Puntalot

Re: Championship > September 22-24

Another example of the bbc's unrivalled not-worth-reading reviews... Cardiff City •Cardiff are bidding for a four successive league wins, last achieved in April 2011. •They have kept an unsurpassed three clean sheets in this Championship campaign. •The Bluebirds have conceded a goal in each of their six games. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19614999 First sentence written by a 5 year old, the last two contradict each other (plus the 3rd sentence is simply wrong). :clap
:)))))))))))))))) Unfortunately this tends to be the cultural level for most of the journalists in the world! It is not just the one from bbc ... Anyway, thanks for spotting LOL!

Re: Championship > September 22-24 Date/Datum: 22.09.2012, 16:00 Game/Spiel: Leeds – Nottm Forest Pick/Tipp: over 2,5 Odd/Quote: 1,94 Stake/Einsatz: 5/10 Bookie: 188bet Pick based on stats: 66.7% Home Matches over 2.5 goals Away 33.3% Head-to-Head 20.03.12 CHA Leeds Nottingham 3 : 7 29.11.11 CHA Nottingham Leeds 0 : 4 02.04.11 CHA Leeds Nottingham 4 : 1 15.08.10 CHA Nottingham Leeds 1 : 1 12.02.08 LEA Leeds Nottingham 1 : 1 Last 3 games Leeds 18.09.12 CHA Leeds Hull 2 : 3 15.09.12 CHA Cardiff Leeds 2 : 1 01.09.12 CHA Leeds Blackburn 3 : 3 Last 3 games Nottingham 18.09.12 CHA Crystal Palace Nottingham 1 : 1 15.09.12 CHA Nottingham Birmingham 2 : 2 01.09.12 CHA Nottingham Charlton 2 : 1

Re: Championship > September 22-24 Watford v Bristol City -1 (AH) @ 6.40 bet365 (1 point) One final small play for me and it's a speculative one. I was looking at backing City on the normal Asian but they aren't quite getting up to the. +0.5 I would want on them despite a slight drift. Watford are quite hard to call at the moment and they apparently put in an alright performance against Brighton midweek which follows on from a good 2nd half performance against Bolton prior to that. So today could be the day where everything just clicks for them and they could get a result as well as a performance. But I do worry about their ability to put chances away. If you don't make them count you are liable to keep on getting punished. And I also worry about how this squad has just been thrown together with all the Italians. That 5 goal thrashing is still in the back of my mind and I'm aware of another potential defensive lapse at some point. Bristol have Cunningham and Skuse out which is a blow but they do have good attacking options with their summer signings. They haven't been having too many problems scoring and they have a very good conversion rate on chances to goals. They do look a bit ropey at the back at times but your opposition have to be good enough to take their chances. So I do fancy City to get on the scoresheet today, the result will just depend on whether they concede or not. As I say, this could be the day when it all comes together for Zola and they could get a good win. But I have too many concerns about them and I like the attacking threat in this Bistol side who have covered this line at home a couple of times but are yet to manage it away. But at the price on offer I feel that it warrants a speculative point and is worth taking on Watford again.

Re: Championship > September 22-24

My strategy requires that I take Middlesbrough to win here @ 4.25 (odds have dropped from around 4.7 yesterday)' date=' but I'm taking a cover of overs @ 1.79. My feeling is that the odds are fairly decent for two teams that can score (Boro at home, Blackburn anywhere) and concede (both anywhere). I suspect that if I'm right on the upset win, it won't matter, and if I'm wrong on the upset win, the final will be 4-1 or something.[/quote'] Top one, ATT ! Great stuff !

Re: Championship > September 22-24 4pts Birmingham vs Barnsley - Both teams to score 20/21 Stan James Birmingham have enough quality in their side to compete at the top end of the table this season. I must admit I continue to have my doubts over Lee Clark as a manager but I can’t see Birmingham not winning this match. Barnsley have scored in every match this season though so it may not be a walk in the park for the home side. Given that Barnsley have scored in every match this season and that Birmingham have one or two defensive issues at the minute the 20/21 about both teams scoring could be a good bet. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/birmingham-vs-barnsley-betting-barnsley-s-goal-records-this-season-suggests-both-can-score-in-this-one

Re: Championship > September 22-24 Leicester v Hull BTTS @1.83 Bet365 (3 points) Two teams here who are decent in front of goal with good attacking options. There have been plenty of goals in Hull's last few matches while the Foxes have managed to score in every game this season. It should be a good game with two decent sides and I think the quality on show will result in a goal at each end.

Not getting involved myself but I'd have said Leicester are a little too short here. Hull have been playing well recently and showing why they are decent contenders for promotion. They look good at the back, and have options going forward. Leicester are often underpriced because they've spent a lot of money, and have great expectations, but I don't think they've shown any real class yet, and they're certainly not better than most other sides in this league. Hull + 0.5 is available @ 1.87 - BET365, which offers decent value.

Re: Championship > September 22-24 4pts Blackpool vs Huddersfield - Over 2.5 goals 8/11 Betfred As with most Blackpool home games I like the over 2.5 goals here. I like the expansive football they play and it is a style which often leads to goals, quite often at both ends of the pitch. Both sides have players who know where the back of the net is and I wouldn’t say either are fantastic defensively. With enough on the line for both sides I expect a full blooded game with some quality in attacking areas which can lead to goals. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/blackpool-vs-huddersfield-betting-blackpool-can-serve-up-another-high-scoring-game-at-bloomfield-road