Italy - Serie A > August 25-26

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Saturday 25 August 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Fiorentina v Udinese (17:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.65[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.29 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Juventus v Parma (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.33[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]12.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.18 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Sunday 26 August 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]AC Milan v Sampdoria (17:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.42[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]10.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.78 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]AS Roma v Catania (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.44[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.34 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Atalanta v Lazio (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.40 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Chievo v Bologna (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.22[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.77 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Genoa v Cagliari (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.28 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Palermo v Napoli (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.12[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.57 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Pescara v Internazionale (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.85[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.95 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Siena v Torino (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.32[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.25 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Serie A - 25-26 August Fiorentina have shortened a little bit and I don't think they're worth backing now, you could get them +0 @ 3/4 a week ago but that's gone. It's ashame as Udinese have got that away qualifier on the Wednesday which is more likely to tire them rather than create a competetive edge going into Saturday. Other than that Sampdoria look long at Milan while it might also be tempting to take Torino on a + handicap at Siena. Gillet, Brighi, Gazzi and Sansone amongst the new arrivals for il torro while some big question marks are hanging over Siena for the new campaign.

Re: Serie A - 25-26 August Probably won’t end up taking much on this first weekend, but there are a few things that do jump out; The main game taking my fancy, perhaps a little surprisingly is the Siena vs Torino game. Serse Cosmi is now at Siena, after getting relegated with Leece last season. It’s a real contrast of styles with Cosmi coming in and Sannino going out. Sannino’s team was composed and well organised whilst Cosmi has quite the madcap style. It will be interesting to see if his methods fit with the players Sannino left him (there is not much money to go out and buy anyone) and I imagine we could see a few sketchy performances in the opening set of games whilst the players get used to the style. Cosmi’s also had to bring in a number of new defenders, to replace those lost following the match fixing trials. Pre season has actually gone ok for Siena, but the mad cap style has been evident, in the friendly vs Perugia (3-1 win) and in last nights Coppa Itallia tie with Vicenzia (4-2) where they allowed the third tier team to take the lead and then fell asleep after taking a 2-1 lead allowing Vicenzia to equalise almost immediately. At the very least I’m expecting some higher scoring matches early on for Siena, so the odds of 2.39 on over 2.5 goals, I may take a punt on that. Torino, whilst not particularly high scorers in Serie B last year has brought in some creative players over the summer in Santana and Verdi, and are likely to line up relatively attacking, with Gazzetta suggesting a 4-2-4 formation. Bianchi will always be able to get goals as well. They’ve banged in the goals in pre season, and also had a 4-2 win vs Leece in the cup at the weekend. I don't personally think the odds on Torino are big enough to tempt either on the outright or handicaps. Elsewhere I agree that Samp are a bit too high vs Milan. I’m really worried about Milan for this season, the fact that Cassano has asked for a move (is is looking likely to get one) is also a concern given the big names they’ve lost this summer (either sold or retired). I don’t think Allegri is happy at the moment, and the sale of all these players is likely to have a demoralising impact on the players. Will Samp be able to get a win, that’s probably unlikely but with at odds of 10.2, there may be some options on handicaps. I also feel Bologna and Cagliari look a bit long in there away games. Even with the potential loss of Ramirez, Bologna still look an organised unit. The finished the season strongly last year, ending up in 9th and Pioli looks a good fit for the club. Chievo are similarly well organised but will certainly miss Bradley who was excellent for them last year. I’m not anticipating an exciting game, a draw may be likely, but you could also look at Bologna +0.5 for instance. The same applies for Cagliari, who have kept all the core of their team and could trouble a changed Genoa side who don’t look to me that much better than last season despite the changes. They certainly were made to toil against Verona in the cup last weekend, losing on penalties and I think that could be a sign to come for them Atalanta are also a possibility, but thats more the fact that i don't rate this Lazio team at all. But with a new manager it may be worth holding fire to see if he can offer them a bit more stability.

Re: Serie A - 25-26 August Udinese did catch my eye initially - but I too am wary of the CL quali match. Fiorentina have a classy team on paper but I think they will certainly get caught out by direct and efficient teams. Udinese are just that. Fading Milan is also in my mind. They are in a mess right now. I think they'll have a dreadful season and Samp could definitely be a play on a plus line. I know little about them at the moment though. Im quite liking Napoli as well. The odds could be a little better as the Barbera is a tough ground to visit. NapOli have looked great in pre-season and in some ways are better without lavezzi. They have a bit more flow to them as lavezzi is all about direct running. I think Palermo will struggle even more this year. They have been in decline for over a year now and the negatives are beginning to outweigh the positives in their Jekyll and Hyde style. Not quite a definite play but naps are a way better team and will have a really positive spirit on the opening day. Those are my initial thoughts. All aboard the train to Zemanlandia. I can't wait.

Re: Serie A - 25-26 August AC Milan V Sampdoria Sampdoria +1 @ 4/3 (Pinnacle) 2 Units Obviously Milan have taken two massive hits in the summer with the departure of CB Silva and CF Ibrahimovic. Selling your 2 best players is not exactly the way to put forward your ambition and it sends a negative message to all those associated with the club and could affect morale. Nesta, Seedorf, Van Bommel, Gattuso, & Aquilani are among the other personnel to have evaporated in the summer. There was a lot of experience and winning psychology between those players and their influence will surely be missed while AC are going through a potential rough patch here. Pre-season had been relatively straight forward for the Rossoneri until they received a 5-1 thumping at the Bernabeu. Admittedly it was only a friendly to one of the best clubs in Europe but it does highlight the current gap between AC and their European piers whilst doing nothing to build confidence before the season starts. They also recently lost to rivals Juve in the Berlusconi cup so Sampdoria should feel there will be no better time to play their opponents after being promoted at the first attempt from Serie B. In contrast to AC, Samp are going into this game off the back of a 0-1 victory at the Camp Nou against Barcelona in a world club friendly. Not a full strength Barcelona I might add but even so there were some high caliber players involved such as David Villa so it should be a nice spirit booster for the Blucerchiati. Sampdoria have a new coach heading into the 2012-2013 campaign in the form of Ciro Ferrara. He has a fairly high profile in Italy and I expect him to be an asset when it comes to developing some of Samp’s young stars such as Pedro Obiang and the returning Andrea Poli. The defence looks solid enough at this level with Romero in-between the sticks and a decent centre-back partnership of Gastaldello and Rossini. De Silvestri comes in at right-back to address the issues they had there in 2011-2012. Obiang, Poli, and Renan all have potential in the median while either the greatly improved Pozzi or Maxi Lopez will spearhead the attack with Eder and Estigarribia joining them in what will probably be a 4-3-3 formation for the new campaign. Essentially this fixture has all the characteristics required for an early doors value bet. Newly promoted Sampdoria appear to have the momentum while the atmosphere at AC maybe somewhat stagnant and negative. The price on the away side is too long to ignore here imo so I’m happy to make a small play on the +1 line at odds against.

Re: Serie A - 25-26 August For now i do agree with what is written above, but my two bets for now are Fiorentina -0.25 @ 1.93 Udine in CL football, Montella for Fiore and strong transfer window for them along with confirmation of Jovetic to stay (at least what i read today). Udine lost to much IMO. Inter @ 1.86 Pescara as stated in my preview lost 4 key players, whereas Inter gaines 4 new key men, OK Handanovic is lost for this opener (Cesar might stay), while Guarin is like new signing, Palacio and Silvestre are excellent additions and Snijder coming back from black season - also Maicon seems to be getting better now. Other likes are: Sampdoria +1.25 Bologna +0.25 Napoli 0 and maybe Torino +0.25

Re: Serie A - 25-26 August

For now i do agree with what is written above, but my two bets for now are Fiorentina -0.25 @ 1.93 Udine in CL football, Montella for Fiore and strong transfer window for them along with confirmation of Jovetic to stay (at least what i read today). Udine lost to much IMO. Inter @ 1.86 Pescara as stated in my preview lost 4 key players, whereas Inter gaines 4 new key men, OK Handanovic is lost for this opener (Cesar might stay), while Guarin is like new signing, Palacio and Silvestre are excellent additions and Snijder coming back from black season - also Maicon seems to be getting better now. Other likes are: Sampdoria +1.25 Bologna +0.25 Napoli 0 and maybe Torino +0.25
To add some infos on Fiore game - Udines with full team (as expected) for tomorrows Braga CL quali. Surely the minds of staff and players are on getting into millions that CL football bring - hopefully they do that, so they will sell only two key players at the end of the season, instead of three. I am also adding the: Napoli 0 @ 1.79 I already said that Palermo are champions of loosing key man, and w/o Silvestre and Balzaretti they will struggle. Napoli held to Cavani and Hamsik, brought in Dzemaili and lost Lavezzi. But they will be strong again, what cant be said for Palermo. It is Sicilian duel which brings extra tensions, but Napoli are good valued on these odds and i dont know what should happen that Palermoi win this game, so basically pretty confident bet with decent set of odds.

Re: Italy - Serie A > August 25-26 Right, I’ve taken the overs in the Siena match for all the reasons stated previously. Siena vs Torino – over 2.5 goals 2.38 at William Hills (3 / 10 units) Will probably just take one more before the weekend is out. Napoli did interest me, but I quite like Sannino as a coach and I think he’ll have Palermo well organised, working hard and a much better defensive unit despite the players they’ve lost this summer. I’ve followed them reasonably closely in pre season and they’ve had some good results and performances particularly in their last friendly when they beat Parma 4-1. From what I’ve heard Sannino has been working on a couple of tactical options, a 4-4-2 and a flexible 3-5-2 which impressed vs Parma. With both formations the defence has looked well organised, and with the 3-5-2 they were able to make it a 5-3-2 when defending and Parma struggled to find space. Going forward they’ve passd the ball well, looked functional and Illicic has been impressive by all accounts. If they can get him anywhere near the form of a couple of seasons ago that’ll be a huge boost for them and the signs are good at the moment. Brienza has also settled in easily. Anyway I think we’ll see a different Palermo this season, much more pragmatic and well organised and Napoli could be the first of many teams who struggle to break them down.

Re: Italy - Serie A > August 25-26 I'm all over fading Milan at the weekend too. Pato has already racked up his first injury of the season so it's likely Boateng and Robinho will play off Pazzini in some respect. Their line-up just looks very predictable to be honest. I don't think they are half as ready as some of the other teams look and with the chemistry yet to be established I can foresee a slow start. It looks as though Samp are going for a direct and relatively wide style of play, given their XI. It has a few potential trouble makers in there. Maxi is decent, as is Estigarribia. Poli is also a decent all-rounder in midfield. Far from spectacular but I think they can dig their heels in and slow Milan down here. The +1.25 line is ample cover for me to get on them. I'm still mulling a few others over.

Re: Italy - Serie A > August 25-26 My favourite league starts, finally. ;) I have given an oath that I will play Roma for goals almost every week and I will start with that. I love Zeman's extra-enjoyable style of football and with this squad I believe that Roma can score many, many goals. I actually expect them to be better in terms of points too. Two picks: Roma HW&Over @2,05 Roma Over 3,5 @2,95 I expect no problem for Juve: they have been serious team last year - it will be the same this year. Not to mention the new additions, some of which I am fascinated (Giovinco). Juve Handicap @1,95 As I like to play goals in this league, I would suggest two more games for BothToScore & Over: Inter and Napoli. I never believe Inter playing away, Pescara will be fully motivated and they still have a squad with good potential. No need for describing Napoli and Palermo in terms of goals.

To add some infos on Fiore game - Udines with full team (as expected) for tomorrows Braga CL quali. Surely the minds of staff and players are on getting into millions that CL football bring - hopefully they do that, so they will sell only two key players at the end of the season, instead of three. I am also adding the: Napoli 0 @ 1.79 I already said that Palermo are champions of loosing key man, and w/o Silvestre and Balzaretti they will struggle. Napoli held to Cavani and Hamsik, brought in Dzemaili and lost Lavezzi. But they will be strong again, what cant be said for Palermo. It is Sicilian duel which brings extra tensions, but Napoli are good valued on these odds and i dont know what should happen that Palermoi win this game, so basically pretty confident bet with decent set of odds.
I also went for Sampdoria +1.25 @ 1.92. Reasons are stated, Pato out, Abate out, Mexes out, maxi Lopez motivated after being not bought by Milan last season, Sampdoria with solid looking team and usually in openers promoted teams do well. Samp might loose it as even this MIlan looks strong, but hcp should be set on max +1 for those odds.

Re: Italy - Serie A > August 25-26 The price on Samp has fallen to 8.0 now, and the +1.5AH has also dropped to the point where it doesn’t interest me anymore. Milans problems this season are all going to be in defence, and whilst I’m sure many teams will be able to get at them, I have doubts as to whether Sampdoria will. Lopez at the time of writing is a doubt for this game with a back issue, I also believe there are question marks of Estigarribia’s fitness, and Eder (who was pretty poor for Cesena) has only just returned from an injury himself. Defensively they are a bit stronger, but Milans attacking options are still good (Boateng, Robinho, Pazzini) so for me Samp would need a goal to be comfortable with a +1.5, and I’m not that optimistic about that, so it’s a no bet for me. From what’s left, Cagliairi +0.5AH and Udinese +0.5AH still interest me, but at the moment I’m mainly drawn to Inter. The price has risen to 1.91 which looks decent for a team who have in both their away Europa League ties displayed professional performances, without having to over exert themselves. Given the early stage of the season I’m not too concerned about fatigue from a mid week game, and with the new additions of Cassano and Gargano especially they can come in and with the knowledge and experience of the league they have I imagine they should be able to settle in almost immediately. Neither Sneijder or Milito played a full game midweek either, and there are also decent players in reserve like Perierra, Coutinho & Samuel who can come in and do a job against lesser quality opposition like Pescara. Maybe it’s a bit of a risk betting against Pescara as they are pretty much an unknown quantity to me. The manager and a lot of key players have gone over the summer, replaced by younger faces and like with any example of a complete squad overhaul it may take Pescara some time to gel as a team whereas Inter to me have grown as a team over the summer and look very capable of mounting a good challenge this season. A front 6 of Guarin, Cambiasso, Gargano, Sneijder, Cassano, Milito looks much too strong for Pescara. Inter to win 1.91 at William Hill (4 / 10 units)

Re: Italy - Serie A > August 25-26 Guys, I see some good analysis in your posts. :clap It is sad that this thread along with the threads of the other non-English leagues have been so unpopular last season, while the Premiership one is over-populated with opinions.

Re: Italy - Serie A > August 25-26

Guys' date=' I see some good analysis in your posts. :clap It is sad that this thread along with the threads of the other non-English leagues have been so unpopular last season, while the Premiership one is over-populated with opinions.[/quote'] Agreed, we hope to attract more members to the big European Leagues Forums soon to add to the quality we already have above. :ok

Sampdoria +1 @ 4/3 (Pinnacle)
FT: AC Milan 0-1 Sampdoria = BET WON Sampdoria were very organised and defended well throughout the game, I thought they could of retained the ball a little bit better but thankfully Milan were offensively witless. The home side created nothing for the vast majority of the match and only had 1 or 2 chances towards the end. Milan should also be concerned by the appauling defending for the corner that Samp scored the goal from. Very impressed with Pedro Obiang for Samp, he had a great year in Serie B last season and despite only being 20, he doesn't look phased at this level whatsoever. He will be a top top player mark my words. +1 @ 4/3 was chronic value here all day long, very pleased.

Re: Italy - Serie A > August 25-26 Great stuff Das Phantom and Azzurini in getting on early and backing Samp. They didn't look great, but very organised which was all that was required against a very poor Milan. I agree that Obiang was the stand out, comparing his performances to Flamini's doesnt reflect well on the Frenchman. Lets hope for more profit in here tonight.

Re: Italy - Serie A > August 25-26 Some excellent work by everyone on this weeks thread. Azzurini hitting 4 out of 4!!!, I would say I was impressed but that's a standard coupon for him. Good stuff from Ultra and Dylan as always, I watched the Pescara V Inter game tonight but I was wondering if you managed to see the Roma game Ultra? Have you had enough of the Zeman football yet?

Re: Italy - Serie A > August 25-26 Great start Azzurini, more excellent picks from you. As for me a bit of a mixed bag, but still minimal profit & extra beer money for the bank holiday. Can't believe the Siena match ended 0-0!

Siena vs Torino – over 2.5 goals 2.38 at William Hills (3 / 10 units) :\ Inter to win 1.91 at William Hill (4 / 10 units) :ok
+0.64 units

My favourite league starts, finally. ;) I have given an oath that I will play Roma for goals almost every week and I will start with that. I love Zeman's extra-enjoyable style of football and with this squad I believe that Roma can score many, many goals. I actually expect them to be better in terms of points too. Two picks: Roma HW&Over @2,05 Roma Over 3,5 @2,95 I expect no problem for Juve: they have been serious team last year - it will be the same this year. Not to mention the new additions, some of which I am fascinated (Giovinco). Juve Handicap @1,95 As I like to play goals in this league, I would suggest two more games for BothToScore & Over: Inter and Napoli. I never believe Inter playing away, Pescara will be fully motivated and they still have a squad with good potential. No need for describing Napoli and Palermo in terms of goals.
Only Roma HW was mistaken. Can somebody describe Palermo-Napoli match? I wonder if Palermo not scoring was due to Napoli's good defence or they were bad offensively? Thanks.

Re: Italy - Serie A > August 25-26 Well the two most effective players in pre season in terms of creating and getting the ball forward were Illicic and Brienza and both were injured. Illicic never started and Brienza went off after about 25 minutes I recall.

Re: Italy - Serie A > August 25-26 I did watch Roma last night and it wasn't quite as Zeman-esque as perhaps expected. Roma did look fragile at the back though but going forward it looked as though they were still getting to grips with the system. It is to be expected I suppose. The pressure and directness of passing was not quite at the desired level. They will get there though because it is his only style of play. Totti looked decent, as did Castan. The others mainly underwhelmed. Goals should definitely be expected when they meet Inter IMO.

I did watch Roma last night and it wasn't quite as Zeman-esque as perhaps expected. Roma did look fragile at the back though but going forward it looked as though they were still getting to grips with the system. It is to be expected I suppose. The pressure and directness of passing was not quite at the desired level. They will get there though because it is his only style of play. Totti looked decent' date=' as did Castan. The others mainly underwhelmed. Goals should definitely be expected when they meet Inter IMO.[/quote'] Nothing really about last nights game, as i still have not seen it. Just want to say something about Zeman. Zeman before last year exceptional season with Pescara was not really the coach you would trust to lead the team of Roma`s calibre. He did not have any succes (counting out Pescara season in B) and managed lowly teams for the most of his last 10 years. Foggia, Lecce, Salernitana, Red Star Belgrade were the teams he managed. Ok, he is attractive to watch and Roma fans love him, but my subjective view on him being Roma manager( I am Roma fan btw), is not good. I was very excited when in june there were speculations about Montella returning as he is far more tactical coach and prefers modern style of football, which Zeman does not. Zeman is fond of killing players in preparation period and then playing gung-ho football and in Serie A, if you want to win the scudetto, you can`t do that. In my preview i rated Roma highly - fighting for CL spots - mainly because they added quality to their team. Castan, Bradley, Destro, Balzaretti are all top class players, but the question is how they can suceed in Zeman style of play. Another thing is, Roma should now start (probably should have already started) to think about living without Er Pupone. He is good, but he cant be main figure in Roma team, not anymore and attack consistant with more pace should work for Zeman far more than pressing for Totti to create. As Ultra said it, goals in Inter game are expected, Pescara have weak attack, but are full of flair and caused Inter many problems at the start of the game, but two fast goals killed the game and morale of young Pescara team. Inter did not create much, but having Sneijder back in top form is kind off like a new signing and i must add that Inter were lethal in that game, they had some 5 or 6 shots on goal and scored three. Coutinho also looks to have matured and Cassano might be benchwarmer this season.