Derek Thompson

Re: Derek Thompson

Amazing what a bout of cancer can do. There's a whole thread here saying what a complete twat he is, suddenly he's a top bloke http://forum.punterslounge.com/threads/115626-Derek-Thompson?highlight=thompson
What a great post to wake up to on a Sunday Morning.... So because many don't think he is the best commentator and doesn't have the greatest racing knowledge for someone in his position, they shouldn't wish him well because of a 'bout of cancer'?!?! Maybe it's just me but that's surely quite offensive.

Re: Derek Thompson Maybe. I just find the whole thing a bit weird. It's like when someone near you dies and you know he was a complete twat, everyone else knows he was a complete twat but, suddenly, everyone remembers something good about them. The saying is "never speak ill of the dead" (obviously I'm not referring to Thommo now) but why not? If someone's a dick, they're a dick. I'll look forward to all your messages of support for me one day:lol

Maybe. I just find the whole thing a bit weird. It's like when someone near you dies and you know he was a complete twat, everyone else knows he was a complete twat but, suddenly, everyone remembers something good about them. The saying is "never speak ill of the dead" (obviously I'm not referring to Thommo now) but why not? If someone's a dick, they're a dick. I'll look forward to all your messages of support for me one day:lol
I get your point... The other day I was actually heard I say, 'twats get cancer too' and of course that is actually fact... I 110% wish them a speedy recovery though. I guess I do see what u r getting at - but don't wish this on anyone. Death and disease just anger me... It's a funny ol game!

Amazing what a bout of cancer can do. There's a whole thread here saying what a complete twat he is, suddenly he's a top bloke http://forum.punterslounge.com/threads/115626-Derek-Thompson?highlight=thompson
Oh come on. So if you slate someone for being useless at their job, your not going to wish them well when going through cancer surgery ? Get a grip FFS. Racing is a sport, a job is a job. Life, on the other hand, is completely different.