** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The Masters, Augusta 5th - 8th April 2012

PerryPFC

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Masters, Augusta 5th - 8th April 2012

Duffer opened with a 69 to finish in a big tie for fourth' date=' returned just over 5pts on my 1st round leader bet. I won't be retiring just yet.[/quote'] Well done Dougal, money is money! Roll on Round 2...

Duffer opened with a 69 to finish in a big tie for fourth' date=' returned just over 5pts on my 1st round leader bet. I won't be retiring just yet.[/quote'] well done i dont think anyone else had a return on 1st rd leader i have westwood in my bets and also under consideration for 1st rd leader but i left it at outright only and went for the others with bigger odds bubba is my biggest return over westwood but gald to have 2 up there early

Re: The Masters, Augusta 5th - 8th April 2012 2nd Round Threeballs. Corbin Mills 11/8 b 365 This young amatuer had a pleasing +2 round on the first day whilst many big names were struggling. He will fancy being around Magnolia lane for the weekend and given his opponents first round scores there is also a good chance that he will win his threeball in the process. Sandy Lyle is available at 7/1 and Simon Dyson is 4/5 favorite to win this particular group. After shooting +14 yesterday, 7/1 is not going to tempt the bravest of punters towards Lyle. I think this is basically a twoball and with +6 to his name, Dyson will have to go bird hunting in Georgia to secure a weekend slot and in doing so is sure encounter the many hidden dangers of the Augusta National. Mr Mills looks value to me. GL

Re: The Masters, Augusta 5th - 8th April 2012 1pt Bubba Watson to lead after the 2nd round - 12/1 Stan James I thought Bubba played nicely yesterday, the soft course and slower greens seem to suit him and he is well placed 2 behind Westwood. You never know with Bubba (and neither does he) but he looked like he can go low today. I was expecting him to be about 8 or 9/1 so am happy to take the 12s.

Re: The Masters, Augusta 5th - 8th April 2012 I'm taking one more. S.Stricker to win Masters, 1pt EW @ 50/1 Boylesports S.Stricker, top 10 finish, 8pts @ 11/4 Ladbrokes This looks a massive price for a player inside the World's Top 10 who lies at -1 after Round 1, right in the mix. Started off poorly yesterday but hit 3 birdies on the back 9 to get himself under par by the end of the day. His putting was excellent, which is essential here, and he's right in the mix now. Wasn't at his normal standard off the fairways but think that was a blip and if he can tidy that up, he stands a real good chance. When Stricker putts well, he's always there or thereabouts and I'll happily take a bet on the big man to finish top 10 and, possibly, even be in with a chance on the outright market.

I always like to use form as the main basis for my bets in golf (as a way to cut down on possible picks if nothing else!), and with that in mind I'm taking eight on the outrights, all with Betfair and all for 2pts. I'm really not an expert when it comes to golf, even though I enjoy watching it when I can, so I won't be writing up my picks in the detailed way that others do. I know form is bit 'thin' as reasoning for picks, but hopefully it's enough for me to post here. P. Mickelson to win US Masters @ 14 L. Donald to win US Masters @ 16.5 H. Mahan to win US Masters @ 38 K.J. Choi to win US Masters @ 80 A. Cabrera to win US Masters @ 110 P. Harrington to win US Masters @ 120 Z. Johnson to win US Masters @ 130 T. Immelman to win US Masters @ 170 I've also decided to lay Tiger Woods to a liability of 5pts on Betfair - put simply, I don't think he should be favourite for this. I understand that his record in this tournament is formidable, and also that his recent form is good, however I think this skews the fact that he is not as dominant as he used to be. Lay T. Woods to win US Masters @ 6.4 My position heading into the tournament is that the worst case scenario is a Woods win, if any of my picks win then I will make a profit, and if any other player wins I will make a small loss. I may trade my positions after the cut (if I am able to!), and if I do I will mention it on the thread. Good luck and thanks to all who take the time to share their knowledge and insights and write detailed posts, it is very helpful and it's also always nice to see that others might be thinking along the same lines with their picks :ok
At the halfway stage, the only golfer I've lost is Choi, although Cabrera and Immelman only just made it and Donald was not that far from missing the cut either. The only one of my win picks that I can trade for profit at the moment is Mickelson, as the odds for all the others have drifted. I can also trade out of my lay of Woods, as his odds have drifted markedly from where they were before the tournament started. As yet I have not traded any of my positions, and have decided to wait until the end of the third round before I look at this again. Also, and for similar reasons to my initial picks, I'm going to take two more outright bets for 2pts on Betfair. Both are with a view to trading, providing they can stay close to the leaders heading into the final round. F. Couples to win US Masters @ 27 V. Singh to win US Masters @ 120 Fingers crossed for the weekend - hopefully one of us will have picked the winner! :ok

At the halfway stage, the only golfer I've lost is Choi, although Cabrera and Immelman only just made it and Donald was not that far from missing the cut either. The only one of my win picks that I can trade for profit at the moment is Mickelson, as the odds for all the others have drifted. I can also trade out of my lay of Woods, as his odds have drifted markedly from where they were before the tournament started. As yet I have not traded any of my positions, and have decided to wait until the end of the third round before I look at this again. Also, and for similar reasons to my initial picks, I'm going to take two more outright bets for 2pts on Betfair. Both are with a view to trading, providing they can stay close to the leaders heading into the final round. F. Couples to win US Masters @ 27 V. Singh to win US Masters @ 120 Fingers crossed for the weekend - hopefully one of us will have picked the winner! :ok
Didn't really work out with Couples and Singh - hoped they would be able to post solid scores around par, particularly Couples after last year, but it wasn't to be. I won't be able to lay either of them off as the liabilities are now rather large! For the same reason, I also won't be able to lay off Donald, Johnson, Cabrera or Immelman. Mickelson is firmly in contention, and to a lesser degree so are Mahan and Harrington. As such, I have taken the opportunity to lay them all off on Betfair. I will let my lay of Woods run, as I really don't think it is possible for him to challenge from so far back.

Lay P. Mickelson to win US Masters @ 2.7 Lay H. Mahan to win US Masters @ 32 Lay P. Harrington to win US Masters @ 34 My final position ahead of the last round is that if Woods wins, I will make a loss. If any of my picks win, I will make a decent profit. If any other player wins I will make a nominal profit, which will effectively be break even. Looking back through the thread, my fingers will be crossed for Mickelson (obviously!), Hanson, Watson and Westwood. Should be great to watch! :hope

Quite a few decent golfers here in 95 run ner field that could go close at rewarding odds so backing these 5 all with paddy power each way 6 places MATT KUCHAR @ 60/1 2 top 27s in last 2 masters quite a decent effort considering he didnt play in event from 1999 until 2010, as ever is having a consistant year, 5 top 25s in 6 starts, 3 top 10s. Started with 72 in wgc 2 outings ago but finished tied 8th then last time out in Transitions started with a 73 but must have confidence after a final round 65 to move into top 10 PETER HANSON 150/1 Has been playing well this year was in final groups in abu duabi and qatar. Good performances in both wgcs this year, got to the quarters in matchplay and was tied 4th in wgc at doral only losing by 3 shots, looks a huge price for a man in form
Hope Hanson doesn't implode like he did in Abu Dhabi, but i got two men in with a shot of winning so can't complain, hope Lefty's driver goes cold today!!

Re: The Masters, Augusta 5th - 8th April 2012 Bob, you were right about Hanson, he was a huge price! Good luck with it today (although not too much luck as I'm on Phil!) Couple of interesting stats, 19 of the last 21 winners have been in the final pairing on Sunday. Since 1991 only Zach Johnson has started the final round worse than tied 2nd and gone on to win. I think the winner has to come from the current top 4, the others look too far back barring a miracle round.

Re: The Masters, Augusta 5th - 8th April 2012 There is a massive trend for the Masters that the winner usually comes from the final group. Have to say most of my bets fell by the wayside. The only bet I have going into the final day is Louis Oosthuizen at 20/1 e/w that I put after his first round. He is definitely playing well enough so will have to see what happens. If he doesn't get it, then hopefully someone that you guys have backed will win. Phil is more than capable of throwing in a stinker today but momentum looks to be with him. Hanson has been very consistent and I would expect another solid round from him today. I can't see anyone further back than Kuchar winning it now but I suppose stranger things have happened!

Re: The Masters, Augusta 5th - 8th April 2012 Just backed Hunter for a top 5 place on betfair 3.2 seems ok, just need a few above to play crap "like my original picks of Woods and Mc Ilroy" can't see many below making a charge and his scoring is steady. Oh I never win at golf.:@

Re: The Masters, Augusta 5th - 8th April 2012 Hey! I was wondering if anyone could help me? I'm not an experienced punter by any means. Here's my predicament: I put 10 pounds on Mickelson E/W @ 12/1. I then placed another 7 pounds on other players that have since failed. So my total stake was 17 pounds. Is there any way I can cover my bet to a reasonable degree or am I wasting my time? I would really appreciate some advice since I am a student and I would really like some money! :P Thanks in advance Tam

Re: The Masters, Augusta 5th - 8th April 2012 [TABLE]

[TR] [TD]COME ON PHIL...... Selection[/TD] [TD]Selection Details[/TD] [TD]Result[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: ma-br-select-num]1[/TD] [TD=class: ma-br-select-details][TABLE] [TR] [TD]Golf[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]US Masters[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]US Masters Outright Betting[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]8th of Apr 2012 2:55 pm[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Outright Betting[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Mickelson, Phil @ 25/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [/TD] [TD=class: ma-br-select-result]Pending [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: ma-br-select-result best-price-holder] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE] [TR] [TD]Stake and Return Details[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: left]Bet placed at[/TD] [TD=align: right]6th of Apr 2012 6:51 pm[/TD] [TD=align: left]Total Stake[/TD] [TD=align: right]£10.00[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: left]Bet type[/TD] [TD=align: right]Single (To Win)[/TD] [TD=align: left]Tax@Tax free[/TD] [TD=align: right]0[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: left]Number of lines[/TD] [TD=align: right]1[/TD] [TD=align: left]Total stake due[/TD] [TD=align: right]£10.00[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: left]Stake per line[/TD] [TD=align: right]£10.00[/TD] [TD=align: left]Freebets Redeemed[/TD] [TD=align: right]£0.00[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: left]Channel[/TD] [TD=align: right]Internet[/TD] [TD=align: left]Total amount paid[/TD] [TD=align: right]£10.00[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: left]Number of win lines[/TD] [TD=align: right]-[/TD] [TD=align: left][/TD] [TD=align: right][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: left]Potential Returns[/TD] [TD=align: right]£260.00[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Hey! I was wondering if anyone could help me? I'm not an experienced punter by any means. Here's my predicament: I put 10 pounds on Mickelson E/W @ 12/1. I then placed another 7 pounds on other players that have since failed. So my total stake was 17 pounds. Is there any way I can cover my bet to a reasonable degree or am I wasting my time? I would really appreciate some advice since I am a student and I would really like some money! :P Thanks in advance Tam
ANYONE?

Re: The Masters, Augusta 5th - 8th April 2012 Your bet has 2 components, win portion and place portion. You could probably lock in 35 quid profit on the win portion and 17 quid profit on the place portion by laying on Betfair (based on current odds). So all up you could lock in about 50 quid profit and get your stake back on both components. Disclaimer: Whilst I think my maths is right, it is past midnight here.

Bubba will not win this week. I am very confident on this one. Have you looked at his putting stats? AWFUL. This is why he wont win: -165TH on pga tour for putting stats -High left rough tendency so will be blocked off on a lot of Augusta's dog leg left holes (Blocked by over hanging trees, etc) -Very poor final round stats which means he loses his nerve in the final round. Just my two pence but he is not suited to Augusta. A more open course would be ideal for him. Regards
Was waiting for the choke!!! It never came!:( Was on the runner up after round 3. Laid it off fortunatly but still gutted! Congrats to Bubba backers - great bet :notworthy

Best of Luck Guys!!! :-) *Bubba Watson e/w @ 50/1 VC* People may say he has a funny swing, he is dodgy, not a great short game, unpredictable. He may be, but he sure is one heck of a golfer also. He drives the ball a mile, and cleans up on Par 5's. If his short game is anywhere near it's best this weekend, this guy is bound to be in the mix. With the course now soft, he will be carrying the ball a lot further off the tee than most people. He is arguably playing the best golf of his career the past year or so. He won 2 times in 2011, and finished 2nd already this year. Bubba is in with a good chance this weekend i feel. *Angel Cabrera e/w @ 100/1 VC* I think the fact Angel has been paired with McIlroy for the first 2 rounds will bode very well for his chances, it should up the quality of his game. It is true when you play with the best, it can bring the best out of you. Cabrera knows how to win major's in the US, he won the Masters in 2009, and has won the US Open. He has finished inside the Top 15 of the US Masters 6 times, he comes to life here. He finished 7th in this event last year. He is another to take very seriously here this weekend. *Aaron Baddeley e/w @ 150/1 VC* I find it interesting that so many Aussie's did so well last year. Day, Ogilvy and Scott were all in the Top 5. Maybe it was just a coincidence, but i will take a shot at this young man. He was 4th at Pebble Beach already this year and won the Northern Trust last year. He did finish 17th in this event in 2009 which was a very good performance and if he brings his best this weekend, i hope he can give me a run for my money. *Sang-Moon Bae e/w @ 200/1 VC* I think the fact this young man is paired up with Tiger Woods for the first 2 rounds may give him a chance this weekend. He is certainly one for the future, but he has caught the attention of many this season already with a 2nd placed finish in the Transitions and 5th in the Accenture Matchplay, if you can cope with matchplay it shows you have a cool head and some bottle, exactly what you need at Augusta. The fact he is playing with Woods may also spur him on to do well. Worth a go at the price.
I am so happy i took the risk and did high stakes! Yahoo Bubba! Well done Bowles and Hornet and anyone else who had him backed... As for the guy that said he had no chance!! Lol

I am so happy i took the risk and did high stakes! Yahoo Bubba! Well done Bowles and Hornet and anyone else who had him backed... As for the guy that said he had no chance!! Lol
nice one, yep, me you & hornet had the winner plus a few had some nice ew bets come in on Hansen and Kuchar also well done all, i thought louis was going to sink that putt at 18 in the play off as he had been putting so well edge of the seat stuff and great to se the emotion on bubba's face winning the best tournament in the world of golf

Re: The Masters, Augusta 5th - 8th April 2012 What a tournament! Never fails to deliver! Congrats to all that tipped and followed on Bubba :notworthy Special mention to Cosmetic Bob who tipped up BOTH Kuchar and Hanson EW, Hanson placing at 150/1!! (minimum!) :clap To everyone in the money and all those that lended their insight! Roll on the next major and The masters 2013!!

Re: The Masters, Augusta 5th - 8th April 2012 Many congratulations to Aidy, Hornet and Bowles on backing Bubba! Also to Cosmetic Bob for a couple of superb e/w selections at very nice prices. Absolutely superb final day that had pretty much everything, two holes in one, an albatross and a 28 handicappers shank.

Well done Bubba backers! Must feel good not having to hit your head on the wall again Aidy!
Haha, when he put that drive way into the trees, and then i saw Louis's ball in play, i was actually hitting my head against the wall.. That shot that Bubba played from the trees, under those circumstances, was absolutely incredible..