Blackburn v Man Utd > April 2

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Blackburn Rovers v Manchester United (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.44[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.43 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Blackburn v Man Utd > April 2 Cant be having Man Utd at 1.44 away from home, even though they have an impressive away record. Watched the match the other day against Fulham thought the match was dire, all the hype in the papers about Man Utd should eat into the goal difference with City. Fulham looked comfortable most of the match, even though it looked like they had no intentions of trying to score against Utd until very late in the game. Also for me the match looked like a friendly, cant seem to remember any tackles in the match. Blackburn for me at 9.8 at home is worth a punt, they will be going for points here unlike fulham the other day. I still feel Utd are vunerable at the back for teams who will have a go, and I can put Blackburn in that catagory with being at the wrong end of the table. Blackburn @ 9.8 betfair

Re: Blackburn v Man Utd > April 2 If a draw is 5 then I'd much rather take a punt on that rather than a blackburn win. Backburn concede regularly at home so assuming Man Utd only manage one goal, that means Blackburn must score 2. 1.44 are surprisingly good odds for United, so if I do bet I will be backing them. Best value bet is still a draw for me though :)

Re: Blackburn v Man Utd > April 2 I think that this one can be a goal fest. MU is not a good defender against sides that play football with pace and skill, in which I will include Blackburn. As Blackburn's defence is leaky as we all know, Over 2,5 and even over 3,5 seem to be good shots.

Re: Blackburn v Man Utd > April 2 I think United will just be happy at this stage of the season to get points on the board. Wouldn't surprise me to see this end one or two nil to United. I don't agree with the notion that United's defence hasn't been great. They have the meanest defence in the EPL away from home, with only twelve goals conceded, and seven clean sheets this season. Of course, they can have a moment or two, I just think that they aren't as bad in that area as some seem to think, and their desperation for the three points will probably make them tighter. As it did when City initially took the lead in the title race. Also, some may disregard this, but eight out of the last ten head to heads at Ewood Park have produced less than three goals. In the league that is.

Re: Blackburn v Man Utd > April 2

Also' date=' some may disregard this, but eight out of the last ten head to heads at Ewood Park have produced less than three goals. In the league that is.[/quote'] That's some interesting statistics and one that in my opinion is very likely in this one. The Red Devils only won 1-0 at home against Fulham and I would say that right now their only concern is the game against Man.City in the end of April and they just want to get 3 points in each of their games before that even if they don't show attractive football.

Re: Blackburn v Man Utd > April 2 I think sometimes there can be an overreaction in the market that assumes a game involving a short priced favourite will end up with many goals, yet often that is not the case. Especially here with United's need for points rather than entertainment... sorry for labouring the point, probably end 5-5 now!

Re: Blackburn v Man Utd > April 2 United at 1.44 = 44% free money! United win - they're in form, their defence has improved since the first time, they're motivated and they're scoring goals. And when was the last time a relegation candidate took 4-6 points off United?? And no, Derby weren't relegation candidates when we did in our debut Prem season thank you very much.

Re: Blackburn v Man Utd > April 2 Man Utd have struggled against Blackburn in the past. That 3-2 defeat earlier in the season at Old Trafford and I do recall them struggling at Ewood Park a fair few times and drawing 0-0 a fair few. This one wont be easy as everyone is making out.

Re: Blackburn v Man Utd > April 2 Blackburn vs Manchester Utd =over (1.60) stake 8/10 Blackburn position 17° points 28 Manchester Utd position 1° points 73 Preview: Blackburn: injured: Vincenzo Grella (midfielder 1/0); in doubt: Gael Givet (defender 18/0). Manchester Utd: Injured Anderson (midfielder 10/2), Anders Lindegaard (goalkeeper 8/0), Nemanja Vidic (defender 6/0), Darren Fletcher (midfielder 8/1); in doubt: Nani (midfielder 24/6), Michael Owen (attacker 1/0). Blackburn has a score in-house w5-d1-l9 goals scored 22 goals against 27 while Manchester Utd has a score out of the house-w11-d3-l1 goals scored 34 goals against 12. Both teams have reasons very important because there are only 7 games at the end of the season. The home team is in full battle to avoid relegation as direct competitors have won as: Bolton, QPR, Wigan, except that only the Wolves lost. The visiting team fight for the championship as the direct competitor to the Man City drew their last game, so with the victory tonight would be the Man UTD 5-point difference. The home team has the worst defense in the championship while the visiting team has the best attack in the tournament. The Man UTD in last 5 games played away from home has seen over 5. Therefore crucial game for both scoring race with many actions that have seen the likes of Yakubu in attack (14 goals), D. Hoilett (6 goals) for Blackburn and W. Rooney (21 goals), J. Hernandez (10 goals), D. Berbatov (7 goals) for the Man UTD. Quote of the over down on many books. The last H2H: sab 31/12/11 PRL Manchester United 2 - 3 sab 14/05/11 PRL Blackburn Rovers 1 - 1 sab 27/11/10 PRL Manchester United 7 - 1 dom 11/04/10 PRL Blackburn Rovers 0 - 0 sab 31/10/09 PRL Manchester United 2 - 0 sab 21/02/09 PRL Manchester United 2 - 1 mer 03/12/08 LEC Manchester United 5 - 3 :hope:hope:hope

Re: Blackburn v Man Utd > April 2 Blackburn vs Manchester Utd No doubt the relegation battle has been stepped up, and when Blackburn pulled away from the bottom 5, it really looked like they were going to be safe. But wins all round for the likes of QPR against Liverpool and Arsenal, Wigan against Stoke and Liverpool have dragged Blackburn right amongst the mix. In the title race, It's Manchester United's to lose. A win here and they will pull clear by 5 points with Manchester City having a much harder run in with the likes of visiting Arsenal to come. The derby could still be a decider, but should Manchester United take the gap to 5 points and with the contrasting run-ins these teams have, even if City wins the derby it may be too little too late. Of course, Manchester United haven't got a great record at this ground. Last year when they needed just one point to clinch the title in the penultimate game of the season, Hernandez had to dive for a penalty which was awarded by Dowd to draw level at 1 - 1, which it ended. Though dodgy Kuszczak that day didn't do them any favours, everyone expected a title romp that day. Blackburn will feel they can get something out of this game for themselves. Though Manchester Utd have been very clinical especially away from home, they really have rode their luck at times and last week should have been held by Fulham at 1 - 1. A host of late winners and drama has provided them with the goods this season against the likes of beating Norwich 1 - 2, though I's still undecided whether this is a winning mentality that other teams lack, or just being fortunate in crucial circumstances. Blackburn have been playing good football at times and E-Wood park seems to have accepted Kean more, and is not the intimidating atmosphere it once was. The fans will know that Kean is their best chance for survival, and faffing around with a new manager isn't going to do them any favours at this stage of the season. Blackburn have nearly fully fit squad, whilst Nani is the key absentee for Manchester Utd, amongst the other old injury list. Givet is a doubt for Rovers. Blackburn +1.25 1.917 Pinnacle 10/10

Re: Blackburn v Man Utd > April 2 Over 3.5 @ 2.58 pinnacle Having won 3 of their last 5 home games, and also beating Man Utd earlier in the year, then Blackburn will have plenty of positives to take into this game, and though Man Utd are entitled to be favourites for this game, they have drawn 3 of their last 4 visits to Blackburn. Blackburn has seen goals at home, as they have scored 9 in their last 11 home games, as well at least two goals in 3 of their last 5 home games. However worrying for them is that they have allowed at least two goals in 8 of these 11 home games, and now face a Man Utd side that has scored at least two goals in 7 of their last 8 EPL games, which includes their last 5 away games. They have conceded in 5 of their last 6 games in the EPL, so Blackburn will like their chances of scoring here.With 3 of their last 4 away games in the EPL seeing at least four goals scored, and a chance to extend their lead at the top, then like Man Utd to score goals here while also like Blackburn to chip in with a goal or two Season record: 136-185 (-3.78)

Re: Blackburn v Man Utd > April 2 Alex Ferguson wants to take back those 3 points lost at Old Trafford on 31.12. Sure, they also need the points to win the title, but this would be a better bet if Manchester City won their match. Now United can win a point, stay 3 points above City, and win the title in the end. They can even lose and still win the title. Who would have thought City will play 1-1 in Stoke-on-Trent and then play 3-3 at home against Sunderland? They too are chasing the title. The odds on United are too short because of the title race, I see some value in Blackburn +1.5 at 1.790. I doubt ManU will win by more than 1 goal. It won't be an easy match.

Re: Blackburn v Man Utd > April 2 Amazed to see Man U so short for this game. Personally I think if Fulham had showed a little more adventure they definitely would have got something from the game. Quite difficult to read into their form at present but one thing is for certain, there is goals for the opposition. Watching the recent European games, it looked like United didn't like the high-tempo teams pressing them high up, they didn't really impose themselves well in the games versus Athletic and Ajax. Quite a few nice sub-plots here. Mancini trying to play some bad mind games by predicting a draw - United will be itching to give this one, but also having got away with a penalty in the last game, the ref might not in such a charitable mood, and I doubt Webb will be wanting to enhance his reputation as a Man U lover at the moment. Whilst United should win, i feel the draw offers some great value. I will take 0-0 and attempt to trade that in-play, and also dabble in the Draw/Draw HT/FT. Also, I feel Any Unquoted is well too short on the goal front. Goal difference is not the priority for MU, as a win will put them in the absolute box seat as they will go five points clear. Should City then slip up at Arsenal, they could go 8 points clear and they could afford a repeat of the 6-1 without any bother. I am sure Blackburn will be thinking the same - with relegation so tight, it is likely to come down to goal difference. They might even see a 1-0 defeat as not too bad a result. If United go 2-0 up, the game may well just fizzle out, as Blackburn seek damage limitation, and United will be mindful that they have only kept one clean sheet in the last eight away games and that was against the worst team in the League. Either way Blackburn are not in terrible form at present and should cause problems.

Blackburn vs Manchester Utd No doubt the relegation battle has been stepped up, and when Blackburn pulled away from the bottom 5, it really looked like they were going to be safe. But wins all round for the likes of QPR against Liverpool and Arsenal, Wigan against Stoke and Liverpool have dragged Blackburn right amongst the mix. In the title race, It's Manchester United's to lose. A win here and they will pull clear by 5 points with Manchester City having a much harder run in with the likes of visiting Arsenal to come. The derby could still be a decider, but should Manchester United take the gap to 5 points and with the contrasting run-ins these teams have, even if City wins the derby it may be too little too late. Of course, Manchester United haven't got a great record at this ground. Last year when they needed just one point to clinch the title in the penultimate game of the season, Hernandez had to dive for a penalty which was awarded by Dowd to draw level at 1 - 1, which it ended. Though dodgy Kuszczak that day didn't do them any favours, everyone expected a title romp that day. Blackburn will feel they can get something out of this game for themselves. Though Manchester Utd have been very clinical especially away from home, they really have rode their luck at times and last week should have been held by Fulham at 1 - 1. A host of late winners and drama has provided them with the goods this season against the likes of beating Norwich 1 - 2, though I's still undecided whether this is a winning mentality that other teams lack, or just being fortunate in crucial circumstances. Blackburn have been playing good football at times and E-Wood park seems to have accepted Kean more, and is not the intimidating atmosphere it once was. The fans will know that Kean is their best chance for survival, and faffing around with a new manager isn't going to do them any favours at this stage of the season. Blackburn have nearly fully fit squad, whilst Nani is the key absentee for Manchester Utd, amongst the other old injury list. Givet is a doubt for Rovers. Blackburn +1.25 1.917 Pinnacle 10/10
Two very good late finishes to result in -10 units. So frustrating, despite Utd's dominance and possession, Blackburn had all the best chances. De Gea made 4 excellent saves in the first half, and the goal that was disallowed must have been out by margins. Everyone thought It was in and so did I. Pleased with my pick. Blackburn side of the handicap had fat value.

Blackburn vs Manchester Utd =over (1.60) stake 8/10 Blackburn position 17° points 28 Manchester Utd position 1° points 73 Preview: Blackburn: injured: Vincenzo Grella (midfielder 1/0); in doubt: Gael Givet (defender 18/0). Manchester Utd: Injured Anderson (midfielder 10/2), Anders Lindegaard (goalkeeper 8/0), Nemanja Vidic (defender 6/0), Darren Fletcher (midfielder 8/1); in doubt: Nani (midfielder 24/6), Michael Owen (attacker 1/0). Blackburn has a score in-house w5-d1-l9 goals scored 22 goals against 27 while Manchester Utd has a score out of the house-w11-d3-l1 goals scored 34 goals against 12. Both teams have reasons very important because there are only 7 games at the end of the season. The home team is in full battle to avoid relegation as direct competitors have won as: Bolton, QPR, Wigan, except that only the Wolves lost. The visiting team fight for the championship as the direct competitor to the Man City drew their last game, so with the victory tonight would be the Man UTD 5-point difference. The home team has the worst defense in the championship while the visiting team has the best attack in the tournament. The Man UTD in last 5 games played away from home has seen over 5. Therefore crucial game for both scoring race with many actions that have seen the likes of Yakubu in attack (14 goals), D. Hoilett (6 goals) for Blackburn and W. Rooney (21 goals), J. Hernandez (10 goals), D. Berbatov (7 goals) for the Man UTD. Quote of the over down on many books. The last H2H: sab 31/12/11 PRL Manchester United 2 - 3 sab 14/05/11 PRL Blackburn Rovers 1 - 1 sab 27/11/10 PRL Manchester United 7 - 1 dom 11/04/10 PRL Blackburn Rovers 0 - 0 sab 31/10/09 PRL Manchester United 2 - 0 sab 21/02/09 PRL Manchester United 2 - 1 mer 03/12/08 LEC Manchester United 5 - 3 :hope:hope:hope
No profit :wall

Re: Blackburn v Man Utd > April 2 In-play worked a treat for me - 0-0 was 19 and came down to 1.86 before United scored! I was well out by then though. My only regret is that I didn't have more money on it. United were never going to score four goals, IMO after a good start they were edged out in the first half but quality told at the end.

In-play worked a treat for me - 0-0 was 19 and came down to 1.86 before United scored! I was well out by then though. My only regret is that I didn't have more money on it. United were never going to score four goals, IMO after a good start they were edged out in the first half but quality told at the end.
Rub salt in wound