Ante Post Bets and Discussion- Flat Thread 2012

Re: Ante Post Bets and Discussion- Flat Thread 2012

Great bet you've got there' date=' Mowgli. He's the one I have to be on in the King George. My only worry is that the race has come too soon. I think Sea Moon outclassed stayers last time out, and I think St Nic is vulnerable to anything with a bit of toe.[/quote'] Seems quite a fragile type doesn't it Nathaniel? Full of class but very few runs for a horse of its age. King George should be a cracking race, looking forward to it.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ante Post Bets and Discussion- Flat Thread 2012 They say he was just very immature as a 3 year old physically and mentally so this was always going to be his year. He is my favourite horse in training I think. I had him for big prices in the Derby and Leger but it wasn't to be! It will be interesting to see how his sister, Great Heavens, gets on in the Irish Oaks. Is a good renewal but I think she will go very close

Re: Ante Post Bets and Discussion- Flat Thread 2012 betfair international stakes saturday 21st july just on the hunt for a nice value bet in this ........ narrowed the race down based on 4yr olds and 5yrolds dominate this race ,proven recent form and lightly raced ,also places dominated by horses 96 or above so that leaves me with shortlist of eton forever class 50 asc soft edinburgh knight class 63 good bonnie brae class 38 heavy field of dream excellent guest field of dream and excellent guest look high in the weights so that leaves edinbugh knight ,bonnie brae ,and eton forever .,edinburgh knight looks as though better ground would be more to his liking so ruled out so that leaves edinburgh knight and eton forever 9 of the 13 horses carrying a penalty finished in first 5 here so that franks bonnie braes claims ,50 % of all horses allocated top weight made the frame which franks eton forevers claim ..... overall strong bets eton forever 5pts win 10/1 blue sq bonnie brae 5pts win 9/1 blue sq

Re: Ante Post Bets and Discussion- Flat Thread 2012 king george vi very tricky race this .....lots of classy horses but odds are very cramped .st nicholas abbey looks to be coming into top form and should make very hard for nathaniel .im going to take them with DEEP BRILLIANTE who looks a very good horse but hard to weigh up .......class rating is off the scale and on a par with best in this race but yet is available at 16/1 because of unknown factor .....ground may not suit but price is value and might spring a surprise deep brilliante 2pts e.w 16/1 bet365

Re: Ante Post Bets and Discussion- Flat Thread 2012 arc de triumph camelot is hot fav for this years race but 3yr old fillies have actually started to overtake their male counterparts in the race ......7 3yr old fillies have taken part in recent yrs giving 2 winners ,a 2nd and a 3rd (nearly 60% s.r) .on this years radar is the unbeaten VALYRA who beat the very talented beauty palour in the half million pound prix diane easily recently and looks like a horse on a steep upward curve .....ideal ground good/soft which is generally what u get in september at the arc . i have recently clocked the filly at 106 on that last run some 3 pts behind camelots best ever run and is obviously still improving and with fillys record in the arc this looks an outstanding bet at 17.0 ON BETFAIR i think once the horse has another run before the arc if she wins then price will plummit and value will be gone ...so now seems time to get on and hope she is what she looks to be and finish the season with a nice win ...the fact that beauty palour was considered a superstar makes this ..... ........DEFINATELY A HORSE TO KEEP AN EYE ON .....one more good run and i can see a 5/1 pricetag or less VALYRA 10PTS WIN 17.0 BETFAIR 10PTS PLACE 5.5 BETFAIR

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Ante Post Bets and Discussion- Flat Thread 2012 Nunthorpe Stakes Sole Power 1.5pt win - 8/1 (SJ) I don't think Ascot's uphill finish suits him, yet he ran a tremendous race from a very poor draw at the Royal meeting when finishing third in the King's Stand. I think Bated Breath would have been more suited to the track. There isn't much between these two over 5f and York is a track suited to Sole Power (won this in 2010) and I think Bated Breath wants 6f to be at his best. The prices shouldn't be so far apart. Pearl Secret is a woeful price, and Ortensia, although impressive at Goodwood, might not turn up. Hoof It seems to have lost his way a little, Mayson had conditions to his advantage lto, we don't know the well-being of Starspangledbanner. Wizz Kid might fall a little short after today's performance albeit finishing second. Not sure Soul will turn up, otherwise the price of 14/1 is value. Overall I think Sole Power, reliable to run a solid group one race, is worth chancing at 8/1.

Re: Ante Post Bets and Discussion- Flat Thread 2012 I know its not for a while yet but anyone have any idea when betting will be available for the Ayr Silver Cup? Theres a horse I know is being aimed at the race so just want to get on at the earliest stage possible

I know its not for a while yet but anyone have any idea when betting will be available for the Ayr Silver Cup? Theres a horse I know is being aimed at the race so just want to get on at the earliest stage possible
With all the weights changing all the time, it'll be on the week of the race I'd have thought. Ante-Post betting for the Gold Cup will probably be available within the next couple of weeks but I can't remember there being any 'Silver Cup' betting, especially as it's a consolation race. Could be wrong though. What horse is it?

Nunthorpe Stakes Sole Power 1.5pt win - 8/1 (SJ) I don't think Ascot's uphill finish suits him, yet he ran a tremendous race from a very poor draw at the Royal meeting when finishing third in the King's Stand. I think Bated Breath would have been more suited to the track. There isn't much between these two over 5f and York is a track suited to Sole Power (won this in 2010) and I think Bated Breath wants 6f to be at his best. The prices shouldn't be so far apart. Pearl Secret is a woeful price, and Ortensia, although impressive at Goodwood, might not turn up. Hoof It seems to have lost his way a little, Mayson had conditions to his advantage lto, we don't know the well-being of Starspangledbanner. Wizz Kid might fall a little short after today's performance albeit finishing second. Not sure Soul will turn up, otherwise the price of 14/1 is value. Overall I think Sole Power, reliable to run a solid group one race, is worth chancing at 8/1.
I am leaning towards a bet on Sole Power also BKI! Another two i am considering are Nocturnal Affair and Hamish McGonagall. 38 on Betfair looks too big on Hamish imo! My main fancy is Nocturnal Affair, has been training really well at home, Marname reckons the horse has improved again and is now stronger, ran very nicely when 2nd to Inxile at Tipperary in a Listed event last time out, and wasn't given an awful hard time, was a prep run. Ran well on it's only run at York in the Coral Sprint, 5th of 20. Strong traveller, and aimed at this race. 28.0 on betfair looks like a nice price..

Re: Ante Post Bets and Discussion- Flat Thread 2012 I have to admit I have really taken to Pearl Secret and hope he wins the Nunthorpe. He is without doubt the best horse David Barron has ever trained and I like the fact they are not rushing him along. This has been the main target for him and I am pretty sure the weather is forecast to be pretty good leading up to the race which will suit him. He has shown his class by winning on heavy ground but I fancy he is a much better horse on good ground. The race has gone to a 3 year old in the last couple of years and I fancy the trend to continue with Pearl Secret. I am hoping this horse is rather special and The Nunthorpe will tell us how good he is. He isn't much of a price if you consider his form compared to the likes of Ortensia and Bated Breath but the potential is clearly there. At bigger prices I quite like Wizz Kid who was unlucky in the race last year. If the ground comes up soft then I would give him an even better chance.

Re: Ante Post Bets and Discussion- Flat Thread 2012 0.5pts EW - Ceiling Kitty - Nunthorpe - 20/1 Bet365 (1/4 odds 1-2-3) I'm not a huge fan of sprint races and think a lot of the horses are much of a muchness in sprints with many bridging the gap between listed to group class. I am however a fan of Ceiling Kitty but it is only 2 years old. Although inexperienced it has winning form at York and has also won a Group 2 race at Ascot and gets lots of weight from older rivals. Trends up to 2010 showed 5 runners aged 2 with a win and a place, not sure about last year. It is certainly a speedy sort and wouldn't be a no hoper in this race if it runs. Only small stakes for me at this stage, will weigh up the race nearer to the day with regards the field and the weather, ground etc. Dascombe seems to like the horse and they were confident heading to Ascot despite its huge odds on the day.

Re: Ante Post Bets and Discussion- Flat Thread 2012 *The Nunthorpe Stakes - York 24th of August* *Nocturnal Affair - 4 Points WIN @ 25/1 >Betfred* *Hamish McGonagall - 2 Points WIN @ 20/1 >Betfred* *Sole Power - 2 Points WIN @ 7/1 >Bet365* I think it is important when antepost betting to try and get the horses that you know are being targeted for the specific race. I do know that all 3 of my selections here are being targeted at the race, so that is half the battle for me. Nocturnal Affair is my main bet as i feel he is way overpriced at 25/1. The David Marnane trained 6 year old had some great runs over in Meydan at the Dubai Carnival during the winter where he won a valuable handicap and in the Al Quoz sprint on the final night, he was 6th behind Ortensia, but was only 2 lengths behind that horse on the night, and was only about half a length behind Sole Power who was 2nd that night, so there is not much between them at all on the form line, and Ortensia and Sole Power are two of the market leaders for this race. He then had a 5 month break and Marnane ran him in a Listed event at Tipperary where it was a very nice 2nd to Inxile, and was not given an awfully hard time as it was a prep run, and that was highly encouraging. The trainer is quietly confident that he can snatch the Nunthorpe and i feel 25/1 will look a big price come the day. I have also put a bet on Hamish McGonagall, as his record at York is exceptional, and he was 2nd in the Nunthorpe last year. From 13 runs at York, Hamish has had 4 wins and 4 places, this is where the horse thrives. Last year, he was 2nd to Margot Did in the same race @ 28/1, and there is no reason why he can't go close once more. Tim Easterby is confident of a big run on the back of the horse's victory in a Listed event at York last time out where he led pillar to post. If he get's an easy lead in the Nunthorpe, he could be hard to peg back, and 20/1 is a nice price. I have also had a couple of points on Sole Power who has to have a big chance in this race. This horse will always be remembered for it's 100/1 win in the Knavesmire two years ago and if the ground comes up dry for the Nunthorpe, this is the horse they all have to beat. If the ground is not good or better, i can't see the horse running, so it is a bit of a risk. Sole Power has been placed on it's last 4 starts, he was 2nd in both it's runs in Meydan, only lost by a neck to Bated Breath at Haydock in the Temple Stakes, and last time out was a very good 3rd to Little Bridge in the King's Stand Stakes at Ascot. On form, he has to be bang there come the finish.

Re: Ante Post Bets and Discussion- Flat Thread 2012 I really like the chances of Sole Power but I'm getting very worried about the ground since the weather is getting again very bad of late and forecast is still not clear at all. No doubt about that 25/1 being too big for Nocturnal Affair and the South African gelding wouldn't mind cut in the ground at all so if it keeps raining that price could be huge. He had a good come back run last time out when 2nd behind Inxile at Tipperary and a very good campaign earlier this year at Meydan with a nice win in a big handicap sprint over 5f (Inxile behind him) and plenty of good efforts in defeat especially when 6th in the Al Quoz Sprint won by Ortensia but in that race he was still 4 places and 1L behind Sole Power and to be honest, just my opinion of course, in his short career in UK and Ireland never seemed a Group 1 winner in the making and imho 5f at York will be a bit too short for him (ran already once there on softish ground in a big handicap over 6f last year and was never a big danger even if he didn't run bad and that race came after his success in the Portland) while of course Sole Power won this race 2 years ago and proved many times that was no fluke (unlucky imho not to beat Bated Breath in the Temple at Haydock in May) despite the amazing 100/1 odds for his 2010 Nunthorpe success. Fantastic race and of course the main danger has still to be Ortensia imho, but also for the Australian mare the ground has to be no worse than good/good to soft to see her at her best as showed last time out (in a way weaker contest of course). Very interesting and exciting race.

I have to admit I have really taken to Pearl Secret and hope he wins the Nunthorpe. He is without doubt the best horse David Barron has ever trained and I like the fact they are not rushing him along. This has been the main target for him and I am pretty sure the weather is forecast to be pretty good leading up to the race which will suit him. He has shown his class by winning on heavy ground but I fancy he is a much better horse on good ground. The race has gone to a 3 year old in the last couple of years and I fancy the trend to continue with Pearl Secret. I am hoping this horse is rather special and The Nunthorpe will tell us how good he is. He isn't much of a price if you consider his form compared to the likes of Ortensia and Bated Breath but the potential is clearly there. At bigger prices I quite like Wizz Kid who was unlucky in the race last year. If the ground comes up soft then I would give him an even better chance.
With you 100% on this one BUT ! Who gets the ride ?

Re: Ante Post Bets and Discussion- Flat Thread 2012 Ante-Post Selection GREAT VOLTIGEUR STAKES – YORK – WEDNESDAY 22nd July Although on the Wednesday of the first day of the Ebor Meeting, all eyes will be on Frankel, the early ante-post prices on the second biggest race of the day have come as a huge surprise to me. I’ve been stung a couple of times with ante-post bets and horses being withdrawn late on, but everything signals that MAIN SEQUENCE will be lining up and if he does so, I’d have him as around a 15/8 chance to win this race, given the distinct lack of top-class opposition and he can surely get in front, even accounting for the likely small penalty he occurs by Ted Durcan most probably taking the ride. Originally allotted a handicap mark of 79, he’s won two handicaps easily enough before making the transition to Group 3 company a winning one at the Lingfield Derby Trial, when beating one his likely rivals in this race in Shantaram. That proved his stamina for the Epsom Derby, a race in which he ran superbly in, being well-beaten by Camelot but doing best of the rest and proving himself to be one of the top horses in this Classic Generation, a crop that hasn’t proved quite up to scratch just yet. Anyone who backed Main Sequence in France last time out (

) can feel hard done by; given one of the poorest rides you’ll see in Group Company. He constantly met trouble, did well to finish 4th and could have probably won had he got a clear run. That piece of form is clearly above any of his potential rivals in this contest. Noble Mission looks awkward in my book and although he battled well to beat Encke last time out, they hardly look the strongest of stayers to me. I may be very wrong on that, but they don’t quite look classy enough at this 1m4f distance, especially when against the likes of Main Sequence. Shantaram is a likely improver, but as previously mentioned, Main Sequence got the better of him at Lingfield and his current price is probably about right at this stage. One who could run a big race is Energizer, who did me a big favour at Royal Ascot. He’s upped in trip but I’m not particularly convinced about if he’ll stay on his running style, alongside the fact that Godolphin has a record of turning these types sour. He’d be my next idea of a bet in this race and could be worth siding with on the day though if he was a double figure price. Thomas Chippendale has a similar profile to Main Sequence in a sense (has come through the handicap route too) but does need to improve mentally for him to continue to go forward, as he's looked headstrong on occasions. It's probably not worth the risk at the current prices but Main Sequence really should pick this race up in style before a crack at the Leger. He’s got proven top-class form, was unlucky last time out, will appreciate the forecast rain but handles all going conditions and there’s plenty of room at York to get a run, so there should be less excuses for traffic problems. I’d have him at about 15/8 in this race, so the current 3/1 on offer really does look huge. Small/medium stake advised and fingers crossed that he lines up (nothing has suggested he won’t). Ante-Post Bet GREAT VOLTIGEUR STAKES – Main Sequence; 2pts @ 3/1 Bet365, Paddy Power, William Hill (A-P)

Re: Ante Post Bets and Discussion- Flat Thread 2012 Not sure Jimmy. I am guessing it will be Jamie Spencer if he is available? The only reason Hughes rode him last time out was because Spencer was unavailable plus Jamie has rode him 3 of his 4 starts. I think the horse suits both riders as he is a powerful traveller and both jocks like to sit pretty when they can. Either way I am sure the horse will give them a good ride

Re: Ante Post Bets and Discussion- Flat Thread 2012 *Haydock Sprint Cup - September 8th* *Slade Power - 2.5 Points WIN @ 21.0 Betfair (Matched)* *Slade Power - 2 Points WIN @ 20.0 Betfair (Matched)* *Slade Power - 5.5 Points WIN @ 19.5 (Matched)* *Society Rock - 2 Points WIN @ 13.0 (Matched)* A cracking race in prospect here, and i like the price of Slade Power who has been targeted at this race for quite some time. This animal has been ultra-consistent in it's career so far, never been out of the top 2 in it's sex races to date. A huge plus for the horse is that it already ran here at Haydock, and won, beating Es Que Love in a Listed event two starts back, so the track does suit. Last time out it also won another Listed race at Fairyhouse, beating Arctic. It is also versatile with regard the ground, as has won on good to firm and has won on soft. 6f is it's perfect trip also. The trainer has had 2 winners at Haydock from 6 runners, producing a profit of +9.00 to level stakes, and this horse has to be feared in this contest and is a nice price. I have 2.5 points matched so far, am waiting to get the rest matched on Betfair. Another danger is Society Rock. It really caught the eye two runs back at Ascot where it missed the break and finished a very close 5th to Black Caviar, and if it had broken on level terms, a lot of people reckon it would have won the race. That form has to be taken seriously. Last time out it was 3rd in a Group 1 behind Mayson, and finished ahead of Ortensia who is only a 7/1 shot for the Sprint Cup, so i feel there is value on Society Rock at 13.0.

Re: Ante Post Bets and Discussion- Flat Thread 2012 Always learning in this game. I recently had money appear in my bet365 account and had no idea where it had come from. It turns out it was a return on my ante post Nunthorpe bet I had on Ceiling Kitty. It was 'balloted out' rather than just being a non runner so I got my money back. I don't think this has ever happened to me before and I had already accepted a loss on the bet, nice surprise to get my cash refunded. :)

• 2 weeks later...

*Haydock Sprint Cup - September 8th* *Slade Power - 2.5 Points WIN @ 21.0 Betfair (Matched)* *Slade Power - 2 Points WIN @ 20.0 Betfair (Matched)* *Slade Power - 5.5 Points WIN @ 19.5 (Matched)* *Society Rock - 2 Points WIN @ 13.0 (Matched)* A cracking race in prospect here, and i like the price of Slade Power who has been targeted at this race for quite some time. This animal has been ultra-consistent in it's career so far, never been out of the top 2 in it's sex races to date. A huge plus for the horse is that it already ran here at Haydock, and won, beating Es Que Love in a Listed event two starts back, so the track does suit. Last time out it also won another Listed race at Fairyhouse, beating Arctic. It is also versatile with regard the ground, as has won on good to firm and has won on soft. 6f is it's perfect trip also. The trainer has had 2 winners at Haydock from 6 runners, producing a profit of +9.00 to level stakes, and this horse has to be feared in this contest and is a nice price. I have 2.5 points matched so far, am waiting to get the rest matched on Betfair. Another danger is Society Rock. It really caught the eye two runs back at Ascot where it missed the break and finished a very close 5th to Black Caviar, and if it had broken on level terms, a lot of people reckon it would have won the race. That form has to be taken seriously. Last time out it was 3rd in a Group 1 behind Mayson, and finished ahead of Ortensia who is only a 7/1 shot for the Sprint Cup, so i feel there is value on Society Rock at 13.0.
Yayyyyyyyyyy! I threw away 10 points on Slade Power, but Society Rock made up for it. :lol

Re: Ante Post Bets and Discussion- Flat Thread 2012 Well done. A bit pissed off but that was a race where I really like three of the runners and couldn't bring myself to back any of them (Bated Breath, Ortensia, Society Rock). Thought the latter was a decent bet at 10s but didn't have a copper on. Alas, I think he's a lovely horse so happy for him and connections.

Re: Ante Post Bets and Discussion- Flat Thread 2012 I fancy Nathaniel for the Arc but I just don't think 7/1 is good enough. Doubt today's result will have any impact really either unless he hacks up or trails home and I think neither is likely. Probably just going to have to let it run its course. Always liked Snow Fairy since she won the Oaks so looking forward to this race. Got Nathaniel in the 10 to follow but I'd probably take him being run out of it late on/get going too late if it means he drifts a bit for Longchamp.

Re: Ante Post Bets and Discussion- Flat Thread 2012 Prix De L'Arc De Triomphe - 2pts win Nathaniel @ 9/1 (Bet365) I've been waiting for a little while for the price of John Gosden's horse to drift a little to get me involved and that has happened this evening. Although he was run down by Snow Fairy on this occasion, his run was perfectly acceptable to me given he wasn't fully tuned up and Gosden reported her to be on the heavy side. The track, trip and ground were also not really ideal for him as he's a resolute galloper with stamina for further and he does like a bit of juice - which seems plausible over in France come raceday. He's proved himself at the very top level having won the King George at Ascot last year in good fashion and did well to win the Eclipse this season on his return when again not perfectly ripe. He battled on very well to lose on the nod to Danedream at Ascot two starts ago and he's just a horse who I think will enjoy the race at Longchamp if keeping out of trouble. He's a very gutsy animal who won't be shirking the issue in the ruck and late on in the race and I fancy him to hold tough at the death. He looks the value bet to me with his Ascot conqueror shorter in the betting and I'm not the type to be backing Camelot at short prices with the ground not guaranteed to be ideal for him and he might need plenty of luck if coming from the rear. Gosden will have my selection absolutely spot on for Longchamp I'm sure and I think this horse can put the cherry on top of a fantastic season for the trainer and jockey combination.

Maybe too early but I don't see Camelot going the Arc route and wonder if O'Brien would send Imperial Monarch here. Also like the look of Nathaniel and Saint Baudolino at big prices. Small bet on each and tie up a few quid to secure these prices. Full reasoning and details here: http://www.punterslounge.com/prix-de-l-arc-de-triomphe-ante-post-betting--an-early-look-at-some-value-outsiders-that-could-seek-success-at-longchamp
Bathtime For Rupert

Prix De L'Arc De Triomphe -
2pts win Nathaniel @ 9/1
(Bet365) I've been waiting for a little while for the price of John Gosden's horse to drift a little to get me involved and that has happened this evening. Although he was run down by Snow Fairy on this occasion, his run was perfectly acceptable to me given he wasn't fully tuned up and Gosden reported her to be on the heavy side. The track, trip and ground were also not really ideal for him as he's a resolute galloper with stamina for further and he does like a bit of juice - which seems plausible over in France come raceday. He's proved himself at the very top level having won the King George at Ascot last year in good fashion and did well to win the Eclipse this season on his return when again not perfectly ripe. He battled on very well to lose on the nod to
Danedream
at Ascot two starts ago and he's just a horse who I think will enjoy the race at Longchamp if keeping out of trouble. He's a very gutsy animal who won't be shirking the issue in the ruck and late on in the race and I fancy him to hold tough at the death. He looks the value bet to me with his Ascot conqueror shorter in the betting and I'm not the type to be backing
Camelot
at short prices with the ground not guaranteed to be ideal for him and he might need plenty of luck if coming from the rear. Gosden will have my selection absolutely spot on for Longchamp I'm sure and I think this horse can put the cherry on top of a fantastic season for the trainer and jockey combination.

I tipped Nathaniel in June along with Saint Baudolino and Imperial Monarch (see link above) and back then it was 20's. I don't even think Camelot will go for the Arc, it will win the St Leger and be retired as the first horse in decades to win the triple crown. I still think you've got a value bet on Nathaniel at 9's and Gosden has said today that he isn't concerned about not winning today as he was using this race as a prep for the Arc. I feel the Arc has been the aim all season with it starting the season so late. It will improve for this run, improve for softer ground than today and also improve for the step up back to 12f. As long as it doesn't get screwed over by the draw it has a huge chance. Would be a great end to the season for Buick and Gosden. Also looks like Snow Fairy might be going to the Breeders Cup and it wouldn't surprise me if Frankel went there too. There was something in the weekender that mentioned Lord Teddy Grimthorpe's comments around "The Champion Stakes will be Frankel's next race" rather than "Frankel's final race". Maybe they are reading between the lines and jumping to the wrong conclusion??? Would be amazing for it to win in America as it is named after Bobby Frankel and Fallon gave him a really good write up in his column this week as the best trainer he's ever worked with. Anyone else think we might see Frankel go overseas for a tilt at the Breeders Cup or do you think Ascot will be a final goodbye?

Re: Ante Post Bets and Discussion- Flat Thread 2012 Nice work getting that price :clap I looked at the market probably around the same time but couldn't see a decent bet. In hindsight it looks silly but last year I was a big Workforce/Snow Fairy fan so I probably never really saw Nathaniel as a horse I'd want to side with. However, I've been impressed with him this year and I'm happy enough with 9s. I'm surprised he drifted out 2pts actually because personally I don't see an issue with this evening's run at all under the circumstances. He was never going to win very far even if he did under those conditions. Hope the bookies are wrong and not me!

I tipped Nathaniel in June along with Saint Baudolino and Imperial Monarch (see link above) and back then it was 20's. I don't even think Camelot will go for the Arc, it will win the St Leger and be retired as the first horse in decades to win the triple crown. I still think you've got a value bet on Nathaniel at 9's and Gosden has said today that he isn't concerned about not winning today as he was using this race as a prep for the Arc. I feel the Arc has been the aim all season with it starting the season so late. It will improve for this run, improve for softer ground than today and also improve for the step up back to 12f. As long as it doesn't get screwed over by the draw it has a huge chance. Would be a great end to the season for Buick and Gosden. Also looks like Snow Fairy might be going to the Breeders Cup and it wouldn't surprise me if Frankel went there too. There was something in the weekender that mentioned Lord Teddy Grimthorpe's comments around "The Champion Stakes will be Frankel's next race" rather than "Frankel's final race". Maybe they are reading between the lines and jumping to the wrong conclusion??? Would be amazing for it to win in America as it is named after Bobby Frankel and Fallon gave him a really good write up in his column this week as the best trainer he's ever worked with. Anyone else think we might see Frankel go overseas for a tilt at the Breeders Cup or do you think Ascot will be a final goodbye?
Not sure, but like yourself, I'd love for him to go to America for his final race. What an end to a faultless career that would be.