Midweek > Championship > March 20th - 21st

staffy

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 20 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Brighton & Hove Albion v Derby County (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.89 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.43 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bristol City v Watford (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.45 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.15 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.73 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Doncaster Rovers v Millwall (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.05 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.82 % [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hull City v Southampton (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.66 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.34 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Leeds United v Nottingham Forest (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.33 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.85 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Peterborough United v Reading (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.06 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Portsmouth v Birmingham City (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.83 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] West Ham v Middlesbrough (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.83 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.18 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Crystal Palace v Barnsley (20:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.93 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.59 % [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE=class: couponTable] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 21 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Cardiff City v Coventry City (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.68 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.19 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Ipswich Town v Burnley (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.02 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.53 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Blackpool v Leicester City (20:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.52 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.05 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.04 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Midweek > Championship > March 20th I think that's one of the longest prices I've seen on us at home. Wouldn't touch it though. We couldn't score in a brothel! Unders would be my call again as we will put up a fight, and this is another must win game...

Re: Midweek > Championship > March 20th Sorry, Benjani was among the 16 but he won't play any part between now and the end of the season. May get on as a sub if we're desperate. Worth noting that we only used one substitute on Saturday.

Re: Midweek > Championship > March 20th

Could Das Phantom give an insight into Crystal Palace's strengths and weaknesses please? Judging by recent results of both team I am considering CP - Barnsley under 2.5.
A couple of our defenders (Gardner & Clyne) were both touted as being injured for the previous game with Hull but both played from the start and so our defense will probably again be at full strength for tommorows game. Williams also returned in the median after being out for 5 months with a broken leg, this kid is pure class but I am unsure of his best position at present as some would argue he is better in the middle of the pitch, perhaps behind a striker, rather than playing on the wing. It will either be Jedinak/Dikgacoi or Jedinak/O'Keefe in the middle of the park, both combinations provide excellent re-inforcement for the defense but O'Keefe is a better ball player, Dikgacoi stronger in the air. Logic dictates it will be hard for Barnsley to get on the scoresheet tommorow, only 16 goals away from home and facing the joint strongest home defense in the division. Palace's attack on the other hand is also fairly tepid with Murray and Martin struggling to convert at the momment (I'm not a fan of them both playing at the same time) Zaha is still suspended and has been our main creative thrust this season but players like Williams and Scannell are more than capable of stepping into the breach, Freedman just needs to get the balance right so they don't end up being square pegs in round holes. I don't really have a feeling for unders or overs tommorow, under 2.5 available @ 3/4 (StanJames) but it doesn't exactly tempt me. Palace @ 10/11 is also logical but again no real error with the pricing imo and I will probably avoid this game myself. I would suggest if you make either of the above bets then cover it with a sneaky bet on Craig Davies anytime goalscorer @ 3/1 (Bet365)

Re: Midweek > Championship > March 20th I'd be wary before betting on Leeds tomorrow. We have certainly improved in terms of performances under Warnock but our points haul is unimpressive, 6 points out of 15. 4 of those 5 games were against teams above us but it was unproven as to whether it was the ability of the opposition which led to the amount of draws, or our wastefulness and inability to create. Forest have pulled away from the drop zone in recent weeks, and despite losing to Doncaster and Derby lately, they picked up an impressive 3 points at Birmingham a couple of weeks ago. They will be out for revenge after we stuffed them 4-0 at their place last November. They've also had a week to rest compared to our 2 days. I think Tudgay will be a big miss for them, but I rate Blackstock and they have Miller who can do a job. It's the first 'winable' game of the Warnock era, it'll tell everybody a lot about the impact he's had. I think we'll win, but i'm not confident enough to part with the cash for this one. Before studying form later, the value prices that jump out at me are: Watford @ 3.15 away to Bristol City, Millwall @ 3.05 away to Doncaster and Hull @ 3's at home to Southampton. I might be proved wrong when I analyse further but I think these three are way overpriced.

Re: Midweek > Championship > March 20th Might be something in backing Boro in some form. West Ham have had a bit of a wobble lately, especially at home. Really they should have walked this league with the players they have, but I maintain that Sam Allardyce was a poor choice as manager. Can't really understand the odds here myself as Boro are challenging for a playoff place and look better away than at home, where they struggle due to the lack of atmosphere and empty seats. I'm pretty sure the prediction ratings will back me up that Boro perform well away from home. Either way West Ham haven't been great at home for a while now.

I'd be wary before betting on Leeds tomorrow. We have certainly improved in terms of performances under Warnock but our points haul is unimpressive, 6 points out of 15. 4 of those 5 games were against teams above us but it was unproven as to whether it was the ability of the opposition which led to the amount of draws, or our wastefulness and inability to create. Forest have pulled away from the drop zone in recent weeks, and despite losing to Doncaster and Derby lately, they picked up an impressive 3 points at Birmingham a couple of weeks ago. They will be out for revenge after we stuffed them 4-0 at their place last November. They've also had a week to rest compared to our 2 days. I think Tudgay will be a big miss for them, but I rate Blackstock and they have Miller who can do a job. It's the first 'winable' game of the Warnock era, it'll tell everybody a lot about the impact he's had. I think we'll win, but i'm not confident enough to part with the cash for this one. Before studying form later, the value prices that jump out at me are: Watford @ 3.15 away to Bristol City, Millwall @ 3.05 away to Doncaster and Hull @ 3's at home to Southampton. I might be proved wrong when I analyse further but I think these three are way overpriced.
You're right to highlight the rest period Forest have had compared to you guys, I should have factored that in. The only thing I'd say is Leeds will be very hungry for the win after conceeding late against the hammers and they have the chance to put things right straight away. Indeed it is a 'winable' game for Warnock after some tough fixtures under his stewardship. I think Leeds may have had problems at home this season due to expectation (maybe I am wrong) but I have seen this phenomenon time and time again at this level of football. I am going to wait for lineups as those Forest defenders will be a key factor imo.

Might be something in backing Boro in some form. West Ham have had a bit of a wobble lately' date=' especially at home. Really they should have walked this league with the players they have, but I maintain that Sam Allardyce was a poor choice as manager. Can't really understand the odds here myself as Boro are challenging for a playoff place and look better away than at home, where they struggle due to the lack of atmosphere and empty seats. I'm pretty sure the prediction ratings will back me up that Boro perform well away from home. Either way West Ham haven't been great at home for a while now.[/quote'] I really expected Boro to kick on and have a strong run after they beat you guys and then Barnsley but then they suffer two major body blows to Leeds and Birmingham. I would speculate that some of their key players are relatively young and so they can't quite attain that level of consistency required for a strong promotion run. Their away record is indeed really good but they're comming into this game on the back of a 3-0 beating at St Andrews. As you pointed out the hammers have stumbled at home but this game scares the living daylights out of me, I am going to hide.

You're right to highlight the rest period Forest have had compared to you guys, I should have factored that in. The only thing I'd say is Leeds will be very hungry for the win after conceeding late against the hammers and they have the chance to put things right straight away. Indeed it is a 'winable' game for Warnock after some tough fixtures under his stewardship. I think Leeds may have had problems at home this season due to expectation (maybe I am wrong) but I have seen this phenomenon time and time again at this level of football. I am going to wait for lineups as those Forest defenders will be a key factor imo.
Our home record against bottom-half club actually reads as 7-1-1. A lot of those were fortune though and either came earlier in the season, or when we went through a glorious spell of teams always have a man sent off against us. I'm still uneasy about us at home and I don't think we have that good of a chance of the play offs, therefore Forest have more to play for in this one. I do still rate this Forest team after last season and I think it's staggering what's happened to them in this one. Agree about the line-ups; will be interesting to see if Higginbotham and Elokobi are out for Forest as rumoured.

Re: Midweek > Championship > March 20th WHU/Boro Robson and Williams are Boro's best 2 players and will not play at WHU. In a small squad they can't be replaced Thomson and Arca are both woeful as the performance at Birmingham proved. McDonald is also out till Easter and Haroun is likely to miss WHU game. Hoyte has been allowed to miss the game because he is big friends with Muamba . The club announced a £14m loss today and debts of £27m. No loan signings are likely to be available to Mowbray. Currently 5 players have been loaned out to save cash. I have taken the 5/6 on WHU looks a very generous price - price now dropped to 4/5 which I don't think will last. It pointless saying Boro's away form is very good, that was a different side and most of the wins were in August and September. The last 6 away games have been 2 win 1 draw and 3 defeats - nothing special.

Re: Midweek > Championship > March 20th Peterborough vs Reading = over (1.75) Totosì stake 7/10 Peterborough position 18° points 41 Reading position 2° points 70 Preview: Peterborough: in doubt: Grant McCann (midfielder 31/8), Gaby Zakuani (defender 33/1). Reading: in doubt: Jem Karacan (midfielder 33/3); absent: Matthew Connolly (defender 5/0). Peterborough has a score in the house w8-d2-l7 goals scored 34 goals against 29 while Reading has a score out of the house w10-d3-l5 goals scored 24 goals against 15. The Peterborough has missed the last league game played outside the house with a score of 3-2 against Ipswich while Reading has won the last league game played outside the house with a score of 4-0 against Barnsley. The home team has one of the worst defenses in the league now has 60 goals in 36 games. The important thing for Peterborough is that there are 10 points above the relegation zone. The visiting team is struggling along with West Ham and Southampton for the direct promotion in the Premier League. Both teams play a football very open and bubbly with lots of scoring actions. In the last 7 butt ended over 5 games as you can see from the table: mar 29/11/11 CHA Reading 3 - 2 Peterborough U… sab 17/04/10 CHA Reading 6 - 0 Peterborough U… sab 19/09/09 CHA Peterborough U… 3 - 2 Reading sab 13/04/02 LEO Reading 2 - 2 Peterborough U… sab 24/11/01 LEO Peterborough U… 1 - 2 Reading sab 17/02/01 LEO Reading 1 - 1 Peterborough U… sab 16/09/00 LEO Peterborough U… 1 - 0 Reading Quote of the sign falling over a lot of books. Reading FC are unbeaten in 10 matches. Reading FC has not lost any of their last 6 away games. A year ago, Reading FC was 8 in the standings with 57 points. Now it's 2 with 70 points. :hope:hope:hope

Last 4 games Leeds had tougher opposition than Nottingham who still look unstable. Overall their (Leeds) performance must have been good (from what can be read in the reports). They only conceded two goals/last 5 and scored 3. Forest seem to be unable to keep clean sheets (only one/last 12 when they beat poor Coventry 2-0). This should be the key here. It has been mentioned before that Leeds usually beats opposition like Nottingham (20.) and H2H shows that they haven´t lost for quite a while vs. Forest. From time to time Nottingham is able to reach exceptional results (2-1 vs. Blackpool and Birmingham) but in the long run they look more unreliable to me than Leeds under the new manager. Odds are ok, Leeds 2.0 still available at Pinnacle. Gl

I really expected Boro to kick on and have a strong run after they beat you guys and then Barnsley but then they suffer two major body blows to Leeds and Birmingham. I would speculate that some of their key players are relatively young and so they can't quite attain that level of consistency required for a strong promotion run. Their away record is indeed really good but they're comming into this game on the back of a 3-0 beating at St Andrews. As you pointed out the hammers have stumbled at home but this game scares the living daylights out of me' date= I am going to hide.
:lol Well Leeds are playing much better now under Warnock, and Birmingham will always give anyone in this league a run for their money.
I have taken the 5/6 on WHU looks a very generous price - price now dropped to 4/5 which I don't think will last. It pointless saying Boro's away form is very good, that was a different side and most of the wins were in August and September. The last 6 away games have been 2 win 1 draw and 3 defeats - nothing special.
Performances.... not form ..... it's different, as I would probably agree that the away form isn't that great looking at the results. I think the performances haven't dipped too much, and coupled with West Ham's wobble would make these two sides closer together than they are currently priced up as. Considering as well there's only a few places between them I think West Ham are being undervalued slightly because of the name and the players they can field.

Re: Midweek > Championship > March 20th Portsmouth V Birmingham OVER 2.5 Goals @ 2.26 - Betfair. Normally you'd expect a game involving us to go under, but I think here there is a better than evens chance we will see a few goals tonight. We battered Bristol City at the weekend but just couldn't find that killer touch. However, Bristol City are pretty shot shy away from home. Birmingham are a decent side and have goals in them. Given the fact this is a must win scenario for us, I think we will be asking some very serious questions. Yet I'm not confident our defence will hold out for the full 90 minutes. Stan James are usually pretty spot on with these sort of odds, and they have it @ 1.9. Leeds V Nottingham Forest UNDER 2.5 Goals @ 1.95 - Betfair. Leeds have been a lot tighter defensively since Warnock came in, so I think they will be tough to beat here. Forest have had a tough season because the Chairman brought in Steve MClaren who didn't suit their style of play, but Cotterill is more there sort of manager, and the recent signings of Elekobi and Higginbottom, as highlighted above, should go a long way at regaining some defensive solidarity. Their last two away fixtures have gone under, while Leeds have gone under five straight games. Bristol City V Watford OVER 2.5 goals @ 2.12 - Betfair. Bristol City have been poor away from home, but at home buoyed on by the Ashton Gate crowd they seem a lot more open, with their last six home fixtures going over. Watford aren't the best defensively and have gone over in three out of their last six away fixtures, conceding ten goals in the process.

Re: Midweek > Championship > March 20th Brighton - Derby over 2.5 @ 2.16 pinnacle Brighton have been very good at home, as they have won 5 and drawn 2 of their last 7 home games in the Championship, as they have managed to score at least two goals in 6 of these 7 home games, while they have had a clean sheet in each of their last 5 home games that they have won. They are chasing a playoff spot, so they will be up for this game as they play a Derby side that has allowed at least two goals in 3 of their last 5 away games in the Championship, but have also scored twice in 3 of these games. Like both teams to score here, and given that they usually score at least two goals, then can see this game heading over Bristol City - Watofrd over 2.5 @ 2.09 pinnacle Bristol City have been leaking goals as they have allowed at least two goals in 8 of their last 9 Championshiop games, while they have allowed 3 goals in 5 of these 9 games, so like Watofrd to score here as they have scored in 6 of their last 9 Championship games. However they have conceded in 8 of these 9 games, and like Bristol City to get on the score sheet. These two teams have both scored in 5 of their last 7 meetings with Bristol City in particular needing a win to move away from the bottom 3, not only should both teams score but like them to score a 3rd to send it over Doncaster - Millwall over 2.5 @ 2.07 pinnacle Doncaster have scored and conceded in each of their last 8 games, which includes their last 5 games in the Championship. Millwall have scored and conceded in 7 of their last 9 Championship games, and have allowed at least two goals in 6 of these 9 games. They have scored and conceded in 5 of their last 6 away games, and have managed to scored at least two goals in 4 of these 6 away games. They had 5 goals in their last meeting earlier in the season, and it went over in the corresponding fixture, and with Doncaster placed second last while Millwall just above the bottom 3, then both sides need the points, so there is a good chance for goals in this game West Ham - Middlesbrough over 2.5 @ 2.05 pinnacle West Ham have scored and conceded in 8 of their last 10 games in the Championship, which includes 5 of their last 6 home games. Middlesbrough have scored and conceded in 5 of their last 10 games in the Championship, and this includes 4 of their last 5 away games. With both teams scoring in thier last 3 regular season games, as well as in their last couple of months playing, then like both to score, and with West Ham 3rd on the ladder, while Bor are 6th, then can see both sides looking to win this game, so like the chances of this game featuring at least a 3rd goal Season record: 131-170 (+5.44)

A couple of plays I am considering for tomorrow' date= be good to get folks thoughts on these:

Bristol City V Bristol City only 1 place and 4pts separating them from the drop zone. They host a Well last time out at Portsmouth we were very poor, we had only two shots in the whole 90 minutes with just one deflected effort on target. Our problems quite simply are we don't score enough goals and don't look like doing so unless Adomah plays well which he hasn't for a while. In Pitman we do have a striker capable of scoring goals but we just don't give him or the other forwards enough service. However in our last three home games we have played well, we should of beat Cardiff last time out and beat a good Leicester side. We are a much better side at home and would expect us to put in a much better showing than we did against Portsmouth. This is a huge game for us and could give us a bit more breathing space between us and the bottom three. Adomah was substitued at the weekend and has been struggling with a knock recently but would expect him to start which gives us a decent chance. Under the lights at home we always seem to play better and I would hope this would be enough for us to secure atleast a point.

Hey there, Has anyone got any insight into Blackpool V Leicester, I'm looking at backing them for over 2.5 goals. Cheers
Bruce, regards team news I can't tell you anything, but this is of major importance : Take a look at all of Leicesters games since around November, the number in which there have been 2 or more goals in the first half alone is staggeringly high. I imagine there'll possibly be two goals by half time, so without hesitation I would say Overs look good on this one.

Re: Midweek > Championship > March 20th - 21st CRYSTAL PALACE v BARNSLEY - HOME WIN Barnsley were poor when they came to Coventry about a month ago. They played for a draw and kept everyone behind the ball. We beat them 1-0 in the end and I expect Crystal Palace to see them off as well. Barnsley have lost 5 and drew 1 of their last 6 league games and only won 1 in 9. Crystal Palace are hard to beat and still have a slim outside chance of reaching the playoffs. WEST HAM v MIDDLESBORO - HOME WIN Big game for West Ham in the title race with Southampton and Reading both playing away. Middlesborough have suffered 2 defeats without scoring. My view is that West Ham will have enough firepower to see off Middlesboro. PETERBOROUGH v READING - BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE Peterborough are an attacking team and have quite a bit of firepower up front (Barnett, Sinclair, Boyd). Reading are on fire and scoring alot of goals. Peterborough have scored in 14 out of their 17 home games and only kept 2 clean sheets at home. With William Hill this treble pays almost 4/1.

Re: Midweek > Championship > March 20th - 21st Doncaster to beat milwall @ 2.70 bet365 3 points I think the price on Donny is a little too high here and I wouldn't be making wall favourites. Rovers slipped up against derby on the weekend but before that they were in reasonable form earning draws with reading and west ham and beating an improved forest 2 1. With piquionne and Diouf up front they have got enough ammo in attack whilst they've got some good experienced heads at the back. Milwall are capable of getting a result against anyone on their day but that day just isn't often enough. They are just 6 points ahead of Doncaster and bearing in mind they are away, I think the price is too low on them here. As such I'm happy to chance my arm on rovers at a decent enough price. Birmingham to beat Portsmouth @ 1.9 bet365 4 points Poor old Pompey are fighting for their lives and respect must go to their players for not giving up despite the circumstances. I think they will come unstuck tonight though against a Birmingham side who have a very strong squad and who are chasing promotion. The price might initially look a little low on brum but when you think of the problems Pompey have its justifiable. If they hadn't done as well as they have, the price on brum would be even lower. Unfortunately for Pompey though, I think their lack of numbers will start to take its toll. Brum have a definite edge for me so I'm happy to back them tonight. Double @ 5.15 2 points

Re: Midweek > Championship > March 20th - 21st

No Higginbottom or Elokobi for Forest tonight' date=' have stuck a unit on Leeds @ 10/11 (Betfair)[/quote'] FT: Leeds 3-? Nottingham Forest, my computers and televisions are playing up at the momment so I can only get the first part of the Leeds V Forest score. I'm going to give myself a big pat on the back for correctly predicting the implosion of the Forest defense, they let in 3 tonight!!! What ever the other part of the scoreline was it is surely immaterial.

Re: Midweek > Championship > March 20th - 21st

FT: Leeds 3-? Nottingham Forest' date=' my computers and televisions are playing up at the momment so I can only get the first part of the Leeds V Forest score. I'm going to give myself a big pat on the back for correctly predicting the implosion of the Forest defense, they let in 3 tonight!!! What ever the other part of the scoreline was it is surely immaterial.[/quote'] Sarcasm? Superb stuff from Pompey! We won't score four again this season!