England > Weekend > Championship > 4th/5th Feb

staffy

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 4th/5th Feb LEEDS DNB @ 11/10....stakes 1/10....I may be a bit crazy here but I'm on Leeds to bounce back from their midweek beating.Bristol City have won 4 out of 13 at home and Leeds have lost 5 out of 14 away. Nicky Maynard(8 goals) has departed in the transfer window and Louis Carey is suspended.Leeds have added a couple of players and may reshuffle their back line after shipping 4 midweek....we'll see how caretaker Redfearn gets on in his first game in charge but I think he maybe able to at least get a point tomorrow....

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 4th/5th Feb Continuing on the last post I am taking Leeds as well, win +175 Leeds needed to make a change , the play has been stagnant and they have been falling behind early in too many games. The coaching change should light a fire under the players, and personally I think getting away from Elland Road might be the best thing for this team. Now with this psychological factors out of the game, on paper Leeds is the superior team IMHO. Bristol no longer has Maynard and he was the spark for their attack and without him, I have doubts on them troubling the Leeds defense. Leeds is one of the poorer midweek teams as well, not sure what the record is, but they have dropped most of their points midweek. The Birmingham game was also not as one-sided as the score says. The first sixty minutes were absolutely controlled by Leeds, and if Becchio would have been able to convert one of his first 20 chances, they could have been up 3-0 before the half. Bristol doesn't have a Zigic who can give Leeds fits, the midfield and the overall class will take over in this game. I think Leeds rolls in a big way, 2 goal win. Good Luck :ok

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 4th/5th Feb

Coventry - Ipswich Anybody knows why the odds for Coventry are rising so quickly ?

Coventry home form is 5:4:5 and Ipswich away 3:3:8. Coventry won last three home matches and Ipswich lost last away three matches. There is something fishy.

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 4th/5th Feb but he doesnt 'backs" the X2 double chance, he prefers to lay the 1.62, which is quite different business, he wants to earn 100 euros for example if west ham dont wins the mastch, term "lay" means i am a bookie in a way for 100 euros, if west ham wins, then i pay 62 euros, that will be my loss, if west ham dont win, then my profit is the ammount i laid, the 100 euros, thnx

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 4th/5th Feb I was going to take Watford -0.25 but that handicap has now gone. So just the 1 for me today.. Burnley to beat Peterborough @ 1.80 Coral 4 points Im really impressed with Burnley who along with Birmingham are the form team in the championship. They have won 8 out of their last 11 games. What's more they have kept 6 clean sheets in their last 7 games. They conceded 2 away to Leeds but it should be noted they were down to 10 men when Leeds got the goals. According to the bbc, Burnley have created more goal scoring opportunities than any other side in the league. All of the above makes Burnley an attractive proposition to me. After a decent start to the season, posh seem to be hitting a bit of a slump. They have lost their last 4 in a row and after watching their cup game in the 3rd round, they really looked to be lacking something. They haven't won an away game at anyone in the top half of the championship this season. Add to the fact they are in poor form and are up against a side who are playing so well, I think the posh could be on for their 5th defeat in a row. It's Burnley for me.

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 4th/5th Feb Re Below - I think to much has been put on the last Ipswich match. I remember when Ipswich had a long winning streak a last year when they won thier 1st match. Will it happen again? I did go to the West Ham match. I'm sure the players had it in thier head that they were going to lose the away match as Ipswich played us off the park at home. WEST HAM V MILLWALL I hope there is no trouble as i've got 15 family members going, anyways whilst I can see a hard fought game I really can't see anything but a West Ham win. Nicky Maynard should start along with Vaz te. The other players will also have a bit of a buzz about them. I can see a 3-1 win. Im on Hammers 1.85 9/10 Over 2.5 goals 2.06 Coventry - Ipswich Anybody knows why the odds for Coventry are rising so quickly ?

Coventry home form is 5:4:5 and Ipswich away 3:3:8. Coventry won last three home matches and Ipswich lost last away three matches. There is something fishy.

Well that was easy money!! I must add for those who tipped Millwall away, you can't know much about Championship football bacause they are dreadfull. I don't think you should tip such rubbish. Re Below - I think to much has been put on the last Ipswich match. I remember when Ipswich had a long winning streak a last year when they won thier 1st match. Will it happen again? I did go to the West Ham match. I'm sure the players had it in thier head that they were going to lose the away match as Ipswich played us off the park at home. WEST HAM V MILLWALL I hope there is no trouble as i've got 15 family members going, anyways whilst I can see a hard fought game I really can't see anything but a West Ham win. Nicky Maynard should start along with Vaz te. The other players will also have a bit of a buzz about them. I can see a 3-1 win. Im on Hammers 1.85 9/10 Over 2.5 goals 2.06 Coventry - Ipswich Anybody knows why the odds for Coventry are rising so quickly ?

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 4th/5th Feb Birmingham - Southampton: Birmingham @ 2.20 (Betfred) 10/10 This is a top of the table encounter between 4th place Birmingham (46 points) and 2nd place Southampton (51 points). The given odds are very good for the home win. Birmingham has an excellent home record (69.2%) and great form (5-2-1). Southampton's away record is average (4-4-5) and the form is below average (2-3-3). Given this, odds over evens are well worth the risk.

LEEDS DNB @ 11/10....stakes 1/10....I may be a bit crazy here but I'm on Leeds to bounce back from their midweek beating.Bristol City have won 4 out of 13 at home and Leeds have lost 5 out of 14 away. Nicky Maynard(8 goals) has departed in the transfer window and Louis Carey is suspended.Leeds have added a couple of players and may reshuffle their back line after shipping 4 midweek....we'll see how caretaker Redfearn gets on in his first game in charge but I think he maybe able to at least get a point tomorrow....
3-0, bet won....

Right, I'm getting this one in early because I think the price will drop as the money starts pouring in towards the weekend. Derby Vs Forest. Where do I start? Not only is Forest's current form awful, but their entire season's form has been awful. They can't score a goal for love nor money. I mean seriously, they've not scored at home since 12th November and at one point recently they went through roughly 10 HOURS of dire football without scoring a single goal. All season the defence has been leaking like a whore at bed time and things are set to get worse now they've sold their most loyal, rock of a player in Wes Morgan, which to most fans is like ripping the heart and soul out of the club. Add into the equation that Steve Cotteril is miles out of his depth managing in the Championship (better suited to league 2 imo with his hoofball) and you get a team primed for a good hammering. The squad don't seem to care anymore, there's talks of protests at the game and the few players who might still have cared probably don't anymore as they see the club slowly being dismantled around them. Okay, so you might have realised I'm a Forest fan by now. I would delve into Derby's credentials, but I won't say much. They're a bit hit and miss. But everyone is a hit against Forest these days. Clough will want to bounce back after the Barnsley game. I'm sure they'll be up for it with it being the fiercest east midlands derby. They can taste blood already. Play it safe: Derby win 2.25 bet365 A bit of conviction: Derby AH -1: 3.35 bet365 Feeling confident: Derby AH -1.5/2: 6 bet365
Nice write-up mate ! Gonna jump on it myself. Derby @home has been tough opponent for anybody ( 5 wins from last 6 home games) and against poor Nottingham they should def take care of bussiness. Was a bit surprised to see odds like this.. so high stakes here.

I agree with Djordje regarding Birmingham - Southampton. According to this season stats I work out their odds around 1.8 so 2.2 or even 2.1 is massive value. One thing I learnt recently is to back teams in form. In football results and good performance bring confidence and this is important to get the team going. Brum have been scoring a lot' date=' I think they have learnt something from their European experience and they haven't lost at home yet. I really can't see how Southampton could beat them as their away form haven't been outstanding all season and recently even their home form got worse. The only thing I would worry about is the complacency factor but I think that with Birmingham having just entered the playoff zone is a bit too early for this. I took Birmingham DNB to beat Saints @1.53 with SkyBet in a double with Southend DNB to beat Plymouth. Combined odds: 2.3. Stake:6/10[/quote']0-0 - bet void. According to BBC report Birmingham had the better of the game and created better chances. They also played last 8 minutes with an advantage of an extra man so were probably a bit unlucky (or maybe too incompetent) not to win this one. My other bet also void so I am getting my stake back.For tomorrow I am taking Derby to beat Forest DNB @ 1.63 with Coral. Stake 4/10 Derby have been excellent at home recently they won last 5 home league games and will be extremely motivated to beat local rivals. Forest is the biggest disappointment of the season and getting a draw is the best they can hope for.

0-0 - bet void. According to BBC report Birmingham had the better of the game and created better chances. They also played last 8 minutes with an advantage of an extra man so were probably a bit unlucky (or maybe too incompetent) not to win this one. My other bet also void so I am getting my stake back.For tomorrow I am taking Derby to beat Forest DNB @ 1.63 with Coral.Derby have been excellent at home recently they won last 5 home league games and will be extremely motivated to beat local rivals. Forest is the biggest disappointment of the season and getting a draw is the best they can hope for.
Birmingham were slightly better side in my opinion, but Southampton handled well Marlon King, who was caught in offside numerous times, while Adam Rooney just had bad day in the office. The most important factor in this match was snow and poor conditions, otherwise I'm sure there would be goals from both sides, as Southampton had their chances too.

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 4th/5th Feb Derby County vs Nottingham Forrest Great occasion for the Rams to think their local rivals. Nottingham has been nowhere this year and I think they will meet Notts County in a great derby next season. You can't talk about a particularly form here as Forest are simply a weak side with just 3-4 players capable of something. Derby are playing home and should bounce back after 2 defeats! home -0.25 AH @ 1.94

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 4th/5th Feb Is this game still going ahead after forest owner died?

Derby County vs Nottingham Forrest Great occasion for the Rams to think their local rivals. Nottingham has been nowhere this year and I think they will meet Notts County in a great derby next season. You can't talk about a particularly form here as Forest are simply a weak side with just 3-4 players capable of something. Derby are playing home and should bounce back after 2 defeats! home -0.25 AH @ 1.94

Continuing on the last post I am taking Leeds as well, win +175 Leeds needed to make a change , the play has been stagnant and they have been falling behind early in too many games. The coaching change should light a fire under the players, and personally I think getting away from Elland Road might be the best thing for this team. Now with this psychological factors out of the game, on paper Leeds is the superior team IMHO. Bristol no longer has Maynard and he was the spark for their attack and without him, I have doubts on them troubling the Leeds defense. Leeds is one of the poorer midweek teams as well, not sure what the record is, but they have dropped most of their points midweek. The Birmingham game was also not as one-sided as the score says. The first sixty minutes were absolutely controlled by Leeds, and if Becchio would have been able to convert one of his first 20 chances, they could have been up 3-0 before the half. Bristol doesn't have a Zigic who can give Leeds fits, the midfield and the overall class will take over in this game. I think Leeds rolls in a big way, 2 goal win. Good Luck :ok
Couldn't have asked for a better result in the Leeds game, got lucky with the red cards, but deserved points, Leeds was the better team, Snodgrass has been outstanding this season for Leeds. I don't have much reasoning for the Sunday bet, but I am taking Forest at a PK +140 (betcapri) I really don't think Forest is as bad as their record indicates. I am probably wrong, but having been blown out by your rivals, and the chance to avenge the early loss, get out of relegation zone, and win an inspirational performance in memory of their owner who passed away. That's what convinced plus the fact Derby got beat in their last 2 matches. This is a volatile league and there isn't a result that would shock me

Nice write-up mate ! Gonna jump on it myself. Derby @home has been tough opponent for anybody ( 5 wins from last 6 home games) and against poor Nottingham they should def take care of bussiness. Was a bit surprised to see odds like this.. so high stakes here.
Cheers mate. The only change now would be the sad death of Nigel Doughty, Forest's owner. This might provide some sort of inspiration for the players to play in his honour. I hope they do, but I'm not confident. To be honest, even thinking about the pros and cons of this match seems so insignificant after what has happened. I'm properly gutted. In response to the Rams fan - Yes, I believe the game is going ahead as planned. Only doubt will be the weather.

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 4th/5th Feb I think we little bit overrate that ''death of owner'' factor... players play on the field, not ghosts. Really doubt that Forest will start magically play any better than previous 10 games just because they have some compassion for owner. It can actually do reverse factor and put them in more moral letdown than before ! If there will be a lot of snow (like in Birmingham - Southampton match) then Under [email protected] Pinnacle will be an obvious choice. Nottingham can't score shit even in good conditions and Derby at home don't concede a lot of goals against any side. Typical underish game.... 1-0 or 2-0