** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Upgrade - Outstanding Problems/Issues?

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Upgrade - Outstanding Problems/Issues?

I have attached an image to this post to show what I mean in the above post. At the time of screen capture the entirety of my above post was typed out, but as you can see, it's not all visible in the app view.
Ok thanks for letting me know, this isn't a priority to fix with it being very much a peak period for the site coming up and lots to do. I'll get on it as soon as I can, meanwhile get back to your computer. ;)

Hi Paul, Did you get chance to look at the collpasable forums reseting themselves? Cheers.
Answer from PL Tech:
It appears to store the collapsed preferences in a local cookie that saves for one year. However if the user changes browsers, logs out, or clears the cookies it'll revert.

Re: Upgrade - Outstanding Problems/Issues? I haven't changed browsers, logged out or cleared my cookies since saving my collapsed preferences. I've also since tried to save collapsed preferences and they haven't. What I have noticed is that saved collapsed preferences were working fine. At this stage, the PL Community and Free Bets thread areas were collapsable. Since then, the option to collapse these forum areas has been removed, and my saved preferences stopped working at this time.

Re: Upgrade - Outstanding Problems/Issues? Whenever I used the numbered function, the bullet points function or the indent function I can't put a space between the final line and a new paragraph.

1. Like This

No space between this sentence and the one above.

• Doesn't work for bullet points either.

Again, no space.

Normal indenting doesn't allow for it either.

See. Very minor on the list of problems I'm sure, but there ya go! Bet you are sorry I hopped off the Iphone now!

Re: Upgrade - Outstanding Problems/Issues? [h=1]Just had this one ... Proxy Error[/h]The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server. The proxy server could not handle the request GET /threads/126888-UEFA-Champions-League-gt-Wednesday-22-February. Reason: Error reading from remote server

Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) Server at forum.punterslounge.com Port 80

Re: Upgrade - Outstanding Problems/Issues? Hi Paul Ive alwayed had eircom racing as my home page as that gives me access to everything I need when it comes to horse racing were the PUNTER LOUNGE is also shown and never had any difficulty in the past using that route to get here. I just thought you should know since mid Jan that no longer works although the site is still shown and it just comes up cant be found. I just thought something must be wrong with the site but after failing again this week just googled to see and it put me through with no problems and now saved it in my favorites. Unfortunately I've not up dated my SOFTWARE SYSTEM SELECTIONS over the past 4 weeks but it will resume this week and as been performing well over that period [sods law] but not shown here but have stated in the thread and can be verified if need be. Theirs no doubt I may have been sent an E -MAIL and having real probs on thar point so dont even bother looking as I dont use E - MAILS MYSELF. The site looks great THE % MAN [Tony]

Hi Paul Ive alwayed had eircom racing as my home page as that gives me access to everything I need when it comes to horse racing were the PUNTER LOUNGE is also shown and never had any difficulty in the past using that route to get here. I just thought you should know since mid Jan that no longer works although the site is still shown and it just comes up cant be found. I just thought something must be wrong with the site but after failing again this week just googled to see and it put me through with no problems and now saved it in my favorites. Unfortunately I've not up dated my SOFTWARE SYSTEM SELECTIONS over the past 4 weeks but it will resume this week and as been performing well over that period [sods law] but not shown here but have stated in the thread and can be verified if need be. Theirs no doubt I may have been sent an E -MAIL and having real probs on thar point so dont even bother looking as I dont use E - MAILS MYSELF. The site looks great THE % MAN [Tony]
Fixed. :ok

Hi Paul, Any progress with the collapsing issue? (sorry to be a pain!) Thanks.
It's on the list mate, but I won't lie, there's quite a bit ahead of it at the moment. Sometimes we get through work quickly, sometimes we hit hurdles and on top of that it's the busiest time of the year. We'll get to to as soon as we can though. :ok

Re: Upgrade - Outstanding Problems/Issues? Is the new site known to run faster on some browsers more than others? I access PL on two PC's, home and work, both use Windows Internet Explorer, and speed remains an issue on both computers (all my other sites like the Racing Post and Sporting Life work at normal speed). On my work PC when I load a page I get the revolving circle thingy that appears next to the cursor and if I start clicking on the screen it crashes everything. I have to wait a minute before trying to scroll down. Any recommendations much appreciated.

Re: Upgrade - Outstanding Problems/Issues? Speed is still awful for me on IE8 (I can't upgrade to IE9 as it's not compatable with my PC or laptop.) although it does vary depending on the content of the thread. Some threads open acceptably quickly, whilst others can take minutes to load properly. I've been trying to narrow down what slows it down, as it's not simply number of posts. Some long threads open OK and some short threads take ages. My diary thread which contains a table opens OK, but most of the poker league threads with a table take an age. I've not conclusively proved it yet, but is it possible that one of the factors is the size of people's avatars? (By the way, I'm on Firefox mostly now for PL except when I need to post a table, but as Fin says, other sites continue to work fine for me on IE)

Speed is still awful for me on IE8 (I can't upgrade to IE9 as it's not compatable with my PC or laptop.)
This bit here concerns me Helen. If your pc isn't compatible, then surely that's the issue? There should be no reason for not being able to upgrade to IE9 really.

Re: Upgrade - Outstanding Problems/Issues? I'm now using Firefox for PL. No problem. I'm an existing PL'er, know what the site offers me and am prepared to adapt to continue using it. But what about new business? Like it or not IE is still used by a majority of Internet users. A significant number of those users will have non-Windows 7 operating systems. If their first experience of accessing PL is the same as Helen and I have seen, do you think they are going to come back?