Tennis: Australian Open 2012

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012

Event Australian Open 2012
Selection Rafael Nadal (E-W)
Strength 5/10
Date 29/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 7.00
Reasoning Well Nadal is not so weak being fourth favourite by the bookies. Rafa will face Del Potro probably in the quarters but Argentinian is in a week fit now, he is struggling against weak opponents. In the semis eventually Federer but the Swiss is not in the same fit as he was in the years before. Rafa defeat Federer 6-1 7-5 three weeks ago and think he will not has any problems against him too. On the other hand playing against Djokovic in the final will not be so easy but there is a lot of time till the final and Djokovic will not be so big favourite against Rafa. I take Nadal on E-W 1,2 places.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Event Australian Open
Selection Novak Djokovic winner
Strength 10/10
Date 29/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 2.10
Reasoning Novak Djokovic is in great fit at the moment he passed by through first two rounds loosing only 8 games, 2 in opening round and 6 yesterday in second round. Djokovic was incredible last year, he broke the world record for most winning matches in one year, he was unbeaten five months and finished with only 3 loss at the end of the year taking three Grand Slam titles including here at Australian Open 2011, Wimbledon and US Open. I think if Djokovic is in good fit nobody can stop him. Federe is old, Nadal was struggling with injuries while Murray is easy bite to Djokovic he didn't give him even a set past year at the final.

Event Australian Open 2012
Selection Rafael Nadal (E-W)
Strength 5/10
Date 29/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 7.00
Reasoning Well Nadal is not so weak being fourth favourite by the bookies. Rafa will face Del Potro probably in the quarters but Argentinian is in a week fit now, he is struggling against weak opponents. In the semis eventually Federer but the Swiss is not in the same fit as he was in the years before. Rafa defeat Federer 6-1 7-5 three weeks ago and think he will not has any problems against him too. On the other hand playing against Djokovic in the final will not be so easy but there is a lot of time till the final and Djokovic will not be so big favourite against Rafa. I take Nadal on E-W 1,2 places.
If he plays Del Porto, it won't be until the semi finals as he's in Federer's quarter. Looks like he'll have Berdych to cope with in the quarters.

If he plays Del Porto' date= it won't be until the semi finals as he's in Federer's quarter. Looks like he'll have Berdych to cope with in the quarters.
Fisherman, you know I love you, but ... it's DEL POTRO! :lol I think ever since I've seen you on here you've called him Del Porto. Are you a fan of the Portuguese side? Do you drink port on a regular basis? I can't fathom it :p Anyway bud, you're having a good tournament, as per usual :ok In fact, a lot of the boys are. Enjoying reading all the banter here.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 OK, I pulled the triger I drop the idea of Oprandi vs Goerges, and I go for Mona Barthel vs Azarenka over 18 games @1.87 Pinnacle As stated earlier, Aza met rather weak opponents so far at AO, and Mona will be her first real match here. No way Mona should win this, but coming from 10 wins in a row including the final at Hobart last week, she should give Aza a fight. They meet for the first time. Also going for Anderson (+2.5 sets) to bt Berdych @1.714 Pinnacle OK, Berdy killed little Rochus 3-0 (still, the last set was a tie-break), but dropped a set to clay courter Ramos-Vinolas in R1. Berdy seemed to play rather precise tennis against Rochus, but Berdy just cannot keep this level of play consistently throughout the whole tournament. Kevin Anderson did beat likes of Isner, Roddick and Andy Murray last year, and I just think that winning 3-0 is beyond Berdy's capabilities.

Fisherman' date=' you know I love you, but ... it's DEL PO[u']TRO! :lol I think ever since I've seen you on here you've called him Del Porto. Are you a fan of the Portuguese side? Do you drink port on a regular basis? I can't fathom it :p Anyway bud, you're having a good tournament, as per usual :ok In fact, a lot of the boys are. Enjoying reading all the banter here.
I didn't even realise I did that! Would like to think it's because the 't' and 'r' are next to eachother on the keyboard, but a more likely explanation is that I'm just retarded to be honest :lol But you've pointed it out and made me look a fool in front of everyone now. I don't want to see that stupid beret ever again you moustache wearing, frog eating BO'd buffoon ;) But yeah must echo the praise for the thread so far. Looks like most have been amongst the winners which is pleasing to see. How's the tournament gone so far for you Atko? You followed on from those sublime tips you put up or did you fall victim to the Bogomolov blow yesterday like a lot of us did?

I didn't even realise I did that! Would like to think it's because the 't' and 'r' are next to eachother on the keyboard, but a more likely explanation is that I'm just retarded to be honest :lol But you've pointed it out and made me look a fool in front of everyone now. I don't want to see that stupid beret ever again you moustache wearing, frog eating BO'd buffoon ;) But yeah must echo the praise for the thread so far. Looks like most have been amongst the winners which is pleasing to see. How's the tournament gone so far for you Atko? You followed on from those sublime tips you put up or did you fall victim to the Bogomolov blow yesterday like a lot of us did?
I actually had Llodra (can post a screenshot if people really want to :lol) Felt for you boys but Bogomolov isn't as good as some make out he is. I reckon he'll have a poorer year. Had a good one, started slowly like yourself but picked up a bit now. Hopefully more to come tonight :ok

I actually had Llodra (can post a screenshot if people really want to :lol) Felt for you boys but Bogomolov isn't as good as some make out he is. I reckon he'll have a poorer year. Had a good one, started slowly like yourself but picked up a bit now. Hopefully more to come tonight :ok
Ah trust you to make some money off our misery prolonging into the early hours :lol Think a few of us thought he might sneak it when he was a break up on numerous occasions in that final set but wasn't to be. GL all tonight though :ok

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Isner vs F, Lopez - Isner to win @ 11/10 with Bet365 - 3 Points Clash of the servers and will go down to who returns the better out of the two. For me Isner has been doing that, he's shown he is very much not a one trick pony, at times he was out rallying Nalbandian and you could see his forehand is now a force to be reckoned with. F, Lopez on the other hand, at times, struggled to close out sets and hang onto his serve against Cipolla, who might I add is an awful player with no semi-weapons whatsoever even. F, Lopez has always struggled with his backhand and I expect Isner to expose this flaw relatively. As Slider has also said F, Lopez usually has a poor start to the season, its not until the lead up to Wimbledon where he in-fact actually starts to find his stride of rhythm.

Dolgopolov leads the H2H 3-0. Normally, that's a pretty damning indictment against the whipping boy. However, there are a couple of things that must be stressed. Firstly, since girl boy beat atomic in Brizzy '10 and Sydney '11, atomic has improved tremendously. He's matured and he's craftier on the court, more patient and more streetwise. Secondly, in Shanghai '11, their last meeting, atomic won the first set but then the rain came. The match was moved indoors and girl boy pillaged him. If the match had continued outdoors, in slower conditions, then atomic might have won that match, as he had the momentum. This match will be played at night, on Tomic's request. This will suit him. It'll be cooler and the conditions will be slower. The ball will be bigger and heavier and that will allow Tomic to sculpt the points easier. He'll also be able to deal with Dolgopolov's spin and slice better because he'll have more time to react to it. Girl boy is also suffering from a blood condition. Now I'm no doctor so don't ask me how bad it is, but he's struggling a tad with it. Tomic will have momentum and the backing of the crowd. He's on cloud nine right now and everything will be in his favour. I reckon he'll reverse the form and win but the price doesn't really hold much value. Might have to have a shuftie at the handicap and see what it's all about. That's my take on it, anyway.
Priceless information, thanks Atko! :ok

Couple of good nights for me recently, hopefully that can continue tonight. Due to the outrights, I'm effectively on Isner to beat Lopez at 2/1 and Dolgopolov to beat Tomic at 5/6 even though he is above evens for the match :lol Few others for me as well. Roger Federer (-5.5 games) to beat Ivo Karlovic- 4/6 Ladbrokes- (7/10) Biggest bet of the tournament for me so as the line looks a couple of games too low to me. Karlovic has kept it pretty close with Federer in the past with his bullet serve but I'm not so sure he will in this one. The courts aren't the quickest as we've seen and if Karlovic's first serve goes missing, he's really down for the count against Federer with nothing in his weaponry to do much in the rallies. The big Croat dropped a set against Berlocq in his second round match, and offered 12 break points on his serve despite firing in 20 aces so Federer should be able to create quite a few chances on return. The most notable stat for me though is his first serve percentage, which was at 66% which won't be good enough against Federer, even if he isn't at his best. He'll need to be serving up at the 75% mark you'd feel to remain competitive and given the courts and playing slow, I fancy Federer to come through comfortably in the end. Karlovic may keep it tight for a set but I'd expect Roger to win one set by a couple of breaks which should see the handicap through. Rafael Nadal vs Lukas Lacko- Under 27.5 games- 10/11 Coral- (3/10) Took the unders in the Spaniard's match against Haas and see no reason why he can't cover it again. He's been extremely comfortable in both of his matches so far and I fancy this to be the match where he really delivers the goods and sends out a message to Djokovic on the other half of the draw. It's a pretty poor matchup for Lacko really given how the courts are playing as he would have preferred the courts being quicker to suit his aggressive style. As it is though, he'll be up against one of the best defenders in the men's game on a slow court which spells trouble for the Slovakian. He did manage to bagel Nadal last season but that was when Nadal was suffering from an injury. In their previous meeting to that, Nadal ran out a 6-2 6-2 6-2 winner at the Aussie Open in 2010 and I'd fancy him to have few problems in overcoming Lacko again here. Alejandro Falla vs Philipp Kohlschreiber- Over 38.5 games- 5/6 Ladbrokes- (3/10) Not been able to call any of these overs so far but hopefully these two change that. I was initially looking to back Falla for the match or even with the handicap but think the overs looks a better choice, simply because I don't see either of these guys winning 3-0. Falla has had a couple of really good wins over Fognini and particularly Mardy Fish so he should be full of confidence. Kohlschreiber virtually had a walk over in the second round with Riba failing to win a game and eventually retiring in the second set. Before that he was involved in an epic against Monaco in which he won the 5th set to love so he would have been delighted to have been given such an easy game in the second round. Falla will provide a much sterner test though and I'd expect most of the sets to be pretty tight between these two. Both players should be high on confidence after starting the season well so I'd expect both to be quite solid all round. They've met 3 times before, with the German winning all 3 but in their match at Wimbledon, they covered the line in 4 sets and Falla won a set as well over in Cincinnati so there's enough for me to believe this one may last a while.
Totally agree with the Federer handicap bet, line looks way out. He should cover that with ease. I think big Ivo's days of worrying people with his serve are over. He was taken apart pretty easily by Youzhny in Doha. Agree on Falla-Kohli overs as well. Can't fault your reasoning at all and I'll be hitting up the over 37.5 line at bet365. I have to ask what unders bet you took on Nadal against Haas that you won? The match finished 6-4, 6-3, 6-4 and I'm pretty certain there was no under 29.5 being offered. In fact, I took under 27.5 which lost. In saying that, I don't hate the unders but I'm staying clear, Lacko's been playing well in Oz and he definitely has the capacity to push Nadal close in a set or two. I think Rafa is more interested in progressing unhurt than sending any messages at the moment. Just my 2 cents, I'm in the middle of mulling over my picks at the moment and just wondering what to take. :ok

Totally agree with the Federer handicap bet, line looks way out. He should cover that with ease. I think big Ivo's days of worrying people with his serve are over. He was taken apart pretty easily by Youzhny in Doha. Agree on Falla-Kohli overs as well. Can't fault your reasoning at all and I'll be hitting up the over 37.5 line at bet365. I have to ask what unders bet you took on Nadal against Haas that you won? The match finished 6-4, 6-3, 6-4 and I'm pretty certain there was no under 29.5 being offered. In fact, I took under 27.5 which lost. In saying that, I don't hate the unders but I'm staying clear, Lacko's been playing well in Oz and he definitely has the capacity to push Nadal close in a set or two. I think Rafa is more interested in progressing unhurt than sending any messages at the moment. Just my 2 cents, I'm in the middle of mulling over my picks at the moment and just wondering what to take. :ok
Blue Square had the line at 29.5 mate; couple of games higher than most had it. I'm not sure if Lacko will trouble Rafa too much if he plays well. The courts are too slow for him to really hurt the Spaniard and Nadal's defensive skills should see him through comfortably.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 For the women tonight i'm taking the following all at 1 unit stakes. Caroline Wozniaki vs Moncia Niculescu – over 17.5 games 1.80 at bwin For me Wozniaki hasn’t started the season particularly strongly, looking a little sluggish in a few of her games. In the five matches she played in the Hopman Cup and in Sydney all went over this game line and 4 of these went into three sets. She has looked a little better so far here but she hasn’t played anyone likely to trouble her and even having said that here second round match against Tatishvili went over this game line. Niculescu is a step up Tatishvili so there is no reason why she can’t take enough games (or maybe even a set) to make this bet a winner. Kim Clijsters vs Daniella Hantuchova– Cjisters -5.5 games 1.73 at Coral Totally agree with Fishy on this one. You only have to look at the past meeting between these two to see the dominance that Kim has over her opponent. In the 8 completed games, Clijsters has won them all and all have been won by the margin of 6 games or more. Clijsters has started this tournament so strongly and is seemingly right bang in form, whilst on the other hand Hantuchova has toiled in 2 three setters. Seemingly there is nothing to suggest the Slovakian can overcome the hold Cjisters has on her. Li Na vs Anabel Garringues – under 18.5 games 1.80 at Paddy Power Li showed last year that if she can get a good run of form and momentum going into this tournament then she’s hard to stop. Again this year she made the finals in Sydney, and has carried that through into her first couple of rounds progressing easily in those. This would have been important to her after her failure at the first stage of the US open last year. Included in her early season run of form is a 6-3 6-1 win over Garringues and that for me provides a very accurate reflection of how I see this match going, with the bet offering a couple of games leeway on that earlier result. :hope

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Must be a mistake at Sportingbet, Isner/Lopez line set @ 32.5 games, +4.5 handicap......:unsure. Took a number of bets earlier, mostly covered but will jot them down anyway in a few. Not watching any tennis or scoreboards tonight though.........:lol

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Well yes... :lol John Isner vs Feliciano Lopez- Over 32.5 games- 5/6 Sportingbet- (8/10) Extremely big stakes for me but this line is tiny so I'll take it before they remove it. Sportingbet did this a couple of times during the darts-put stupid lines up before they realise what they've done so I'll take advantage of that. Most places have this line up around the 41/42 mark so that highlights how low this line is. Neither will find it easy to break one another given the serving power of both players so there should be a tie break or two I'd imagine which all but covers this line. Be hugely surprised if either guy wins in 3 simple sets so I'm jumping on this line as quick as I would if Emma Rigby (google if you're not sure) were in front of me.

Must be a mistake at Sportingbet, Isner/Lopez line set @ 32.5 games, +4.5 handicap......:unsure. Took a number of bets earlier, mostly covered but will jot them down anyway in a few. Not watching any tennis or scoreboards tonight though.........:lol
:ok:ok:ok:ok:ok:ok:ok:ok:ok:ok:ok:ok:ok:ok:ok:ok:ok Great spot gooner, have attacked this BIG!!!!

Well yes... :lol John Isner vs Feliciano Lopez- Over 32.5 games- 5/6 Sportingbet- (8/10) Extremely big stakes for me but this line is tiny so I'll take it before they remove it. Sportingbet did this a couple of times during the darts-put stupid lines up before they realise what they've done so I'll take advantage of that. Most places have this line up around the 41/42 mark so that highlights how low this line is. Neither will find it easy to break one another given the serving power of both players so there should be a tie break or two I'd imagine which all but covers this line. Be hugely surprised if either guy wins in 3 simple sets so I'm jumping on this line as quick as I would if Emma Rigby (google if you're not sure) were in front of me.
:lol :eek

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 I know during the PDC world championship they did something similar. They had Dave Chisnall who was the favourite at about 4/11 available with a (+1.5) set handicap. Jumped on board and then a few hours later they changed it to a (-1.5) handicap and he eventually won 3-0. They payed out on both though. I even spoke to one of their customer support guys and asked if the bet was still open to which they said yes. The guy I was speaking to then asked: 'Is there any reason you thought it wouldn't be?' To which I replied 'Not at all, I just like double checking my bets'. :lol

Must be a mistake at Sportingbet, Isner/Lopez line set @ 32.5 games, +4.5 handicap......:unsure. Took a number of bets earlier, mostly covered but will jot them down anyway in a few. Not watching any tennis or scoreboards tonight though.........:lol
0-15 0-15 0-15 Tonight we've got a real man - big John Isner! - to ride us home :drums

'Not at all' date=' I just like double checking my bets'. :lol[/quote'] :rollin me took one :hope Falla @ 3 is incredible value with the fashion hes playing here. Kohli almost slipped against Monaco in R1 while Columbian played exceptionally good tennis against Fish. Overs looks for certain in this one but I'm afraid of Fallas form and played safe! 4pts bet

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 For the men; Roger Federer vs Ivo Karlovic – no tie break in the match 3.0 at Ladbrokes (0.5 units) To be honest this is just a speculative bet based on the stats so far for Karlovic that Fishy provided a couple of pages back. 66% first serve rate isn’t going to be good enough against a player like Federer and if Ivo keeps it up then Federer should surely be able to find a break in each of the sets. Once that’s done there is no chance of Karlovic breaking back as he simply isn’t good enough. If the courts are a little slower this could help things even more. Stan Wawrinka vs Nicolas Almagro – Wawrinka -4.5 game 1.85 at Victor Chandler Stan has a bit of a hold over Almagro in the head to heads with a 4-1 lead with victories both on clay and on hard courts, and I fancy him to add to that lead tonight. Whilst Almagro is an admirable hard courter and has found a bit more success on this surface and at this event over the past couple of years, Wawrinka as the odds suggest is still the better player on hard courts and should get the win. Don’t expect it to be emphatic but he doesn’t need that much to overcome this handicap. The most previous meeting at Cincinnati in 2010 ended in a comfortable 6-3 6-3 win. John Isner vs Feliciano Lopez – over 32.5 games 1.83 at Sporting Bet Great spot IAmGooner, def worth a try. Have taken for all the same reasons. To be honest I don’t like the higher lines as I think Lopez is a little bit off the boil at the start of most seasons, but there is no way Isner will thrash him so this has got to be worth a shot. Again all one unit stakes unless stated otherwise. :hope Good luck all tonight.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Slider, I don't want to see another 0-15 for a few days, I swear I have a few grey hairs after Bogo last night. That's the one thing I love about backing Isner, you can at least relax somewhat on his service games, even if he's down, you sense he's clutch enough to just beat down a few aces and hold......:notworthy

Sport Tennis
Event Lacko - Nadal
Selection Lacko +9.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 2/10
Date 20/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Betsson @ 1.90
Reasoning I see good chances for the Lacko to make 9 games in this match, or more.. Lacko in previous season took set(won 6-0), against Rafael Nadal on hard court. Here won Q in very good style and in main draw beat Ljubicic and Young, serving on the highest level. Nadal form in my opinion is not the best and for sure not want waste too much energy before more important matches, so one break per set is possible
Sport Tennis
Event Niculescu - Wozniacki
Selection Over 17.5
Strength 2/10
Date 20/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Titanbet @ 1.90
Reasoning Last meeting in 2008, Wozniacki won 6-3, 6-3 on New Heaven court. Wozniacki in previous match not look good for me, been totally out play in second set by Tatishvili, this is not good thing.. Niculescu is not good match up for here, very consitent players, especially on the return. I see troubles on the serve for Caroline. This match can be closer than many peoples think.
Tip Detail
Sport Tennis
Event Karlovic - Federer
Selection Karlovic +6.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 2/10
Date 20/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 1.87
Reasoning This line is too high.. Karlovic played 10 times against Federer, Roger lead 9-1, but never broken Karlovic two times per set.. I can't image that tonight. Karlovic look good, made 44 aces in first two matches. Karlovic is not easy match up for everone in tour. 7-6, 6-4, 6-3 for Federer.
Sport Tennis
Event Azarenka - Barthel
Selection Azarenka -5.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 2/10
Date 20/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 1.65
Reasoning I can't image other result than easy win for Victoria Azarenka. Azarenka is in really hot form and is one of the biggest candidate to take title in Melbourne. In first two rounds lost only 2 games - 6:1, 6:0 against Robson and the same scoreline against Dellacqua.. Barthel won 10 matches in a row, of course not beat players on the Vika level. For sure can feel tired, in last match not serving that strong.
Sport Tennis
Event Benesova - Bratchikova
Selection Benesova
Strength 2/10
Date 20/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.59
Reasoning For me Benesova is big favourite of this match. Benesova always feel very good on the Australian Open courts, in previous season made 4th round here. In previous round beat TOP15 players Shuai Peng in really good style. Bratchikova have amazing run, won Q and beat two Italian players Pennetta and Brianti, but I can't image next win for her tonight.
Sport Tennis
Event Radwanska - Voskoboeva
Selection Over 18
Strength 2/10
Date 20/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.90
Reasoning I can image close match here, really. Voskoboeva is in very good form, especially on the serve. In first two matches beat in striaght sets two very good players - Wickmayer and Pironkova. First serve was very hard to take. Radwanska have huge troubles against Bethanie Mattek Sands in first round, in second beat Ormaechea in two sets, but Paula looked tired after 4 matches.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Copied over from my glory hunt thread...... Caroline Wozniacki v Monica Niculescu Over 18.5 Games - £50 @Evens Swithered for a long time between this and the Over 18.5 line but I think there's marginally more chance of a 7-5, 6-1 than a 6-3, 6-3. Wozniacki's not been playing well recently and she struggled in the second set against Tatishvili, needing a tie-break in the second set. This line would have been covered in 8 of Wozniacki's last 10 matches and both of Niculescu's matches in Oz. Roger Federer v Ivo Karlovic Under 31.5 Games - £50 @11/8 I don't really rate big Ivo at the moment. He was taken apart by Youzhny in Doha and didn't really impress me against Berlocq in the last round. His return game is poorer than ever and although he'll serve aces I think Federer will get chances. He only needs to take one per set to cover this line. The time off will have given the Swiss time to rest his back and I think it'll be another comfortable win to make everyone believe that he can win the tournament. Alejandro Falla v Philipp Kohlschreiber Over 37.5 Games - £50 @8/11 I think that Falla could spring a surprise tonight but Kohlschreiber has a 3-0 head-to-head record and that's a worry. I do think that whoever wins tonight doesn't do so easily. Falla took four sets to beat Fognini and Kohli needed five to get past Monaco. I see at least 4 but that's priced at 4/7 and the overs is 8/11. Tomas Berdych (-6.5 Games) v Kevin Anderson - £50 @11/10 I watched Anderson lose 6-3, 6-3 to Mannarino last week and he was utter garbage. I know he's come through his opening two matches in Oz but I'm not impressed. Berdych, on the other hand, looks fit and hungry. He destroyed Rochus and also covered this line against Ramos, despite dropping a set. I think that even if it takes four he'll cover the handicap tonight Feliciano Lopez to beat John Isner - £50 @11/10 Going against the grain with this pick. Isner is expected to win tonight after coming through against Nalbandian but the American isn't the fittest and he could easily struggle tonight. A lot of people have been critical of Lopez's perfromances in Melbourne but I think he's done what he had to, breaking at opportune moments. I'm willing to play him as an underdog tonight. Stanislas Wawrinka v Nicolas Almagro Over 36.5 Games - £50 @10/11 Why is this line so low? I know Wawrinka will win but Almagro will fight. The Spaniard took four sets to beat Kubot and five against Dimitrov so I think he can muster up one against Wawrinka, who needed four to beat Baghdatis. Over 3.5 sets is 4/6 and I can't the game line not being covered if the match goes to four. They played out a five setter in the Davis Cup in 2010. Romina Oprandi to beat Julia Goerges - £50 @11/8 Oprandi beat Schiavone in the last round and comfortably beat Yakimova in the first round. She lost to Goerges in 2010 but the German has dipped since then. She retired against Jankovic in Sydney last week and I don't think she's quite right here. She struggled with Hercog in round one and then got through round two when Daniilidou retired. I can see an upset here and I'll give the win odds a try. Christina McHale (+4.5 Games) v Jelena Jankovic - £50 @Evens I hate Jankovic. She's a horrible player and you can't trust her at all. She plays okay but makes too many errors and can lose to anyone. Beating two qualifiers in the opening rounds is nothing much to shout about and she will be really tested by McHale. The American is improving every time she plays in a major tournament and goes further each one she plays. I know she lost 6-2, 6-0 to Jankovic last year but she's still only 19. I think she push the Serb all the way tonight and I wouldn't be too surprised if she actually won. Total Outlay - £400 + £100 ante-post. Good luck to everyone betting tonight